Masonicare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Masonicare selected this as a representative review
Loved this place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 23, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Masonicare. The staff on my floor were team players and very helpful when needed. I would go back in a heartbeat. I worked with the geriatric psychiatric population and there was never a dull moment.
The culture is that of a very negative employee impact
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 28, 2017
I did learn a lot working at Masonicare Health Center, however working with the people there was a bit difficult. There was no real training and I had to learn as I went which made it difficult for my skills to be used in a more effective way within the company
was a very fast paces work enviorment
Self Pay and Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 27, 2017
The employees were all very helpful to each other.
many of the employees worked their for over 10 years.
You were able to learn many new skills while working their.
Pros
there was free coffee, they had filtered water available
Fast paced job that taught me a lot.
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 22, 2017
Masonicare taught me everything I know, it was the job I needed to make me become the great waitress I am today. It taught me everything about time management and how important it is to keep your customers satisfied, and have everything come out in a timely manner. It was the fastest pace job I've had and made me learn how to work efficiently under pressure. At masonicare I had a section of about 7 to 8 tables all of which had to be served a 3 course meal within 30 minutes or so. The culture was diverse and I loved working with the people there, the manager was tough on us, but its only because the residents there expected so much. I only ever left this job because we couldn't accept tips and the shifts were only for dinner so I was on the clock for about 3 hours only, it just wasn't enough pay.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Flexible
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 16, 2017
I work third shift as a CNA on the acute unit at Masonicare, and my peers and managers are absolutely wonderful. The pay is based off experience which is quite fair, and they are very flexible with scheduling and shifts. Highly recommended!!
Pros
Flexibliity
Effective team leadership.
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 16, 2017
Manager consistently lead by example and created a highly effective and cohesive marketing team. Always gave team members autonomy and always got positive results.
Flexibility was always appreciated - everyone on the marketing team was self-motivated and never got "micro-managed".
New members to the team were always made to feel welcome and received immediate support from colleagues.
Pros
All marketing team members genuinely enjoyed each other's company, appreciated opportunities to cooperate on assigned projects.
Cons
The team met as a group only once per month.
Nice Place to Work
Registered Nurse, Acute Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 13, 2017
This is a nice place to work, many opportunities for advancement or if you want to pick up shifts, management has improved and has become a more positive environment
Decent new grad job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTApril 28, 2017
a good job to get your foot in the door as a new grad. There is room to grow but if you want experience such as med surg then seek a position in the hospital. Masonicare does have an Acute Care Unit which is very educational and knowledgeable to a new RN.
Horrible
RSA (Former Employee) –  Mystic, CTApril 12, 2017
This place will mess with you before they even hire you and then upon hire they will make your life even more difficult. Treat yourself well and do not work here.
Cons
Great to connect with so many seniors
Shift Supervisor, Server, Fill-in Chef, Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTApril 10, 2017
I work with a lot of high school kids and the job can become very difficult at times. Trying to keep them focused and motivated to complete their work properly can be very challenging.

Hours are very flexible and they work great around busy schedules.

Glad to have gotten management experience from this job.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Coworkers
LOVED this job
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTApril 3, 2017
This was a favorite job when the facility only serviced East Hartford for the initial 7-8 years I was there. When reimbursement began to change the focus became increased visits with less time at each visit and increased dis-satisfaction with patients and families. The area being serviced expanded and made good care very difficult. I loved doing outreach clinics for the Seniors throughout East Hartford which allowed for a lot of teaching and oversight following d/c from services. The decision to move on came when the area being serviced became so wide spread that good care was compromised.
Pros
Great team members/spirit
Cons
extensive driving towards the end
relaxing pace, low wage
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 21, 2017
As waitstaff, we got pain minimum wage. Imagine serving at a restaurant, but not getting tips. The pace is slower than a typical restaurant, but it can be stressful at times. Management is relaxed and not uptight, which can be nice. However, you can expect not to recieve a yearly wage increase while the head honchos buy their second and third homes.
Pros
awesome residents, laid back work environment
Cons
no tips, no raises
Was a great place to work, can't say the same
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 20, 2017
Masonicare is a descent company, but the people in corporate aren't really looking into the people who make up the company. High turnover rate for supervisors and SALSAS who come in, change all the rules, fire people who have been here for over 30 years like it's nothing. This used to be one of the best places to work, but now they don't care about the employees anymore. Don't bother.
Pros
Weekend differential, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Unpaid lunch
job was nothing more than a excellent experience
Production Chef (Current Employee) –  Mystic, CTMarch 15, 2017
i would go back and work there anytime of the day my chef was excellent and knew so much about food i was like a sponge just absorbing all of the things i could
Masonicare is a very largely known corporation.
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 2, 2017
I enjoy working for Masonicare. I've had positive work experiences from the start. The staff is very welcoming and willing to help.
early out late to finish
core Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  east hartford ct.February 22, 2017
their was a lack of communication among the staff in the office and the aides in the field rules changed and no notice was given to anyone of that. Your supervisors would not have answers to questions and would not call to check back in a timely manor with answers for you. I pride myself on being a team player but when they take and have no consideration for you when the hand is turned it is not a nice feeling . driving around is a part of the job and more than willing to do my job but after job is done they say that the time you spent doing it is to much they make up their own and don't want to pay for the time you have put in to do your job so it ends up were you are paying them to work
Pros
being able to do a job of helping people stay in their home with just a little help
Cons
the mass confussion of dealing with the office
Treated with respect and as an individual
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTFebruary 16, 2017
During my 20 years at Masonicare at Newtown I was treated with respect and viewed as an individual, rather than just an employee. My experience with the organization was positive and I felt valued as an employee.
Excellent Employment Opportunity
CNA (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 26, 2017
Masonicare provides excellence in health care for the elderly in home care, out patient care and skilled care. The supplies you needed to do your job were always accessible. Management was supportive. Environment was meticulous.
Pros
Free lunch
Overview of Masonicare Child Development Center
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 24, 2017
the center overall is a great place but there is a lot of favoritism
the preschool class was my favorite, they take the time out to really make sure that children are prepared for kindergarten.
Pros
they love to feed you
Cons
one bathroom(child development center)
Supportive Work Environment
Bereavement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTDecember 11, 2016
Work day is flexible often requiring multi tasking and effective time management skills. Interdisciplinary team approach. Committed and experienced work force. Hardest part of the job is working with people at end of life. Most enjoyable part of the job is having support from interdisciplinary team.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
On call
Productive workplace
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTDecember 9, 2016
My typical day at work consisted of opening and distributing mail to the Accounting team. I also approved invoices for payments. Searched information for the Purchase order based invoices as well as delegated invoices to proper Account Managers, Doctors, nurses for proper coding. I learned a new software such as APSmart and Meditech in which I entered data. The most enjoyable part of my job was balancing accounts, helping the teams when it became overwhelming for them and I enjoy looking up information if a problem occurs with an invoice to be paid.
Pros
Interacting with different departments
Cons
Temporary assignment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonicare. Our community is ready to answer.