Masonite Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive work place
MACHINE OPERATOR/ ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  Denmark, SC 29042July 15, 2018
Productive work place.Theres nothing to hard about the work i do at masonite. I love my work place. The plant maneger & everybody or ajoy to work for.I learned a whole lot at masonite.
Whatever you do don't work here.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 12, 2018
Too many reasons to list to not work here. Worst job ever! Save your some stress and never work here. Bad pay, horrible work conditions, I'm seriously considering calling OSHA on them.
Pros
Management only think about profit at any cost
Labor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNJuly 11, 2018
Sorry place to work 10 hour days cut throats and back stabbing was daily.the drugs runs rampant through out the company and management covers up for the drug dealers.excellent place for a drug dealers that sells meth or marijuana
Cons
Decent entry level job, little advancement
Door Assembler (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXJuly 5, 2018
This place is pretty laid back for the most part, but there is a lot of micro-management, and the company cares more about profit and less about its employees.
Pros
set schedules, benefits
Cons
not climate controlled, poor management, short breaks, low pay
Meh.
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 29, 2018
Safety quality only after productivity. Management does not walk the talk - but does a good job of continuing to dangle the carrot to get the job done. Brow beating is common.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
lots of overtime
Its an ok place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Haleyville, ALJune 22, 2018
It was a good place to work. I made decent checks but the 12 hour shifts takes a toll on you. I have fallen asleep driving. Maybe if I lived closer but I drive 25 minutes to work. I feel like they need to improve on some things.
Feeder Operator/Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MSJune 18, 2018
I clock in do my forklift check, began to pull loads for for the first four hours as my partner work the floor. Since being there I have learned that doors are more important than people understand. Such as the moister that has to be put in or taken out, also how they have to be cut and size a specific way to be made into a full door. The culture of the work place is based of good family people who seek to take care of there family. Management is great and understanding. The hardest part of the job is getting double boards or overlapping boards due to air pressure in the feeder. Then you have to make the necessary adjustments to keep the line running. The most enjoyable part of the job is clocking in and clocking out at required times.
Pros
2 breaks, Healthcare
Quick pace work
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Yulee, FLJune 8, 2018
Masonite is a goog place to work that can be stressful at time. Its not for everyone so if your not into wprkimg hard lifting, standing for long periods of time
Productive, fun, and collabrative
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 1, 2018
Masonite is a very culturally diverse company that is very enjoyable to work at. Their management and organization is stellar and they do everything they can to make the best product they can. They are also very relaxed, but also work very hard.
productive workplace
LEAD SUPERVISOR/PRODUCTION (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXMay 30, 2018
good training skills and leadership skills

production skills

communication skills and people skills

also learning computer skills and
presenting presentation
Poor management
Feeder, assembler (Current Employee) –  Stanley, VAMay 24, 2018
Management is very poor, put you down, never positive. Winters get cold, summer get very hot, hotter than outside. Management does not care if you don't want to work with certain people n push you to do new jobs n just throw you in n nag
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Negative work environment
Worked very hard and only given a few days off per month.
Assembler/Pressman (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NEMay 15, 2018
I liked the people I worked with however we worked very hard there and breaks were very limited. Lunch was supposed to be an hour but many times we were told we needed to get back to work to finish or we would be kept until 6:00 am. I was supposed to get a raise and did not get one. I wanted to get day hours instead of night hours and told I should apply however was not given the day time hours even after I worked there for over a year.
Pros
The people I worked with.
Cons
Management and working over nights.
nice work place
door press (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSMay 11, 2018
i liked working there it was very hot in the plant i liked my boss like i said i really enjoyed working there overall the plant was big and you get to meet a lot of people from all over that travel to laurel ms to work.
Typical production
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSMay 7, 2018
Job is hot n sweaty pay is minimal for work area overtime short notice 2nd shift and day shift only tough to work 2nds with family. No room for advancement
Not a good place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSMay 4, 2018
Rules change daily according to supervisor and how they want to address any issues and problems. They are not fair with employees. They expect for you to work in unsafe conditions. Good thing is you get a raise every year.
Very competent people transitioning to modern software development processes.
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2018
As a software engineer, I worked with very competent an professional managers and engineers. Company embraced state of the art software process and technologies, including cloud infrastructure. Culture allowed for good flexibility and development of creative solutions. Although management embraces modern software development process, some company processes were difficult to integrate. Working with great coworkers was the most enjoyable part of my time there.
Pros
Good management.
Cons
Difficult transition from old processes to new.
Productive place to work, promotes team work and communication.
Team member (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXApril 19, 2018
I like working here, but my pay needs were not met due to lack of decision to hire temps. The economy made it difficult for the company to hire any new temps at my location, for this reason I had to seek a more reliable source of income.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Unpaid lunches.
Pay and work
Robot Technician (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MSApril 19, 2018
I think we could better vendors and better breaks within the company

but typical the work isn't hard at all for the pay. I have definitely worked harder for less pay. The work schedule does takes some getting use to. However, the pay is well worth while. The work culture is laid back as long as your doing your job.
Pros
pay, work, culture and work enviroment
Cons
short breaks and vendors
At the time was bad
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 18, 2018
The company had favorites and at the time i was there the company was going downhill i left as soon as i finished school i wouldnt work back there ever.
Pros
Cons
everything
Masonite international
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 5, 2018
Masonite ran a 24hr. shift on the CNC machine which caused me to
be called in if machine went down or into an alarm.I was paid four hour min. for show up time that I thought was fair.
Pros
Good workplace
Cons
Again hot & cold

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonite. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight