Masonite Employee Reviews

Very productive environment, extremely poor management
Final Inspector (Former Employee) –  Northumberland, PAApril 19, 2019
I have been with Masonite for over five years and each year I was there management has changed their work policies and rules. They have fired and hired new Human Resource employees nurmerous times. They do not care about each employees well being, advancement or value anyone in any way. They treat you like a number and once your at a certain pay rate with the company they look for ways to target you to be fired because they need to meet a certain budget. I would never recommend this company to anyone. They try to recognized for valuing each employee when it is just for show. All I can say is this place is not a place for someone that is looking to be valued, Treated fairly, and have an option to advance with the company.
making doors
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 17, 2019
we chopped woods and run it thru the ripsaw then thru the finger joint we use the knee saw to chop woods then we make the door frame put the glass on the victorian doors drive forklift to move pallets and make pallets.
Pros
g you
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Competive Shifts 🔨🔐
2nd shift Coordinator/ Multi tasked (9) (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXApril 4, 2019
My fist job, 2nd home,🎖🏝 the best working place filled with friendly, and hardworking supervisors, leads, along with the whole crew. Teamwork effort is what I have left behind in the soleheart of my team. Keep up the the good work Masonite . 2nd Shift💪( Palazo)💪 75401
P.M🏝
Pros
Pizza, tacos wings for my team whenever i break my own highest production records. Right Edgar? BAMINOS
Cons
Need more big customer orders to keep me busy😊🇫🇲 Micro Reppin
challenging environment with a great team
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 31, 2019
Awesome opportunity to apply your knowledge to develop creative solutions. Communication is very interactive and your input is valued. Great team environment!
Poor managment
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 30, 2019
Was not happy overall with this company i did not feel like i got treated fair or equal. I felt their were favorite employees. Their weather attendance policy was not thought through for the out of state employees.
Pros
Music
Cons
Unfairness
Some good people good work massanite bought us out and it is going down hill fast
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield missouriMarch 22, 2019
No time off forced to work 6 days a week you cant miss a day or you get a point. If you never want to see your family it's the place for you management doesnt care about anything but their numbers. 10 hour days 6 days a week.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No time off. 6 days a week 10 hour days
Takes the time to train everyone
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Kirkwood, NYMarch 14, 2019
Position to work our all available for anyone work. the machinery's are easily able to understand. supervisor always on the floor to help anyone who is needed and if any insurer is they are first aid assistance.
Pros
Coffee and tea are free
Cons
Only half an hour lunch break
Sad
Door glazer (Current Employee) –  British ColumbiaMarch 12, 2019
Unhappy place no one wants to be there its dirty lunch rooms and bathrooms no one takes responsibly for anything its always someone elses job its a disorganized mess
totally unprofessional
Machine Operator/ Maintenance Troubleshooter (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 8, 2019
poor training totally unprofessional lead. had no business being a lead lots of politics and no team work. poor work environment . poor attitudes permeated the plant old outdated and faulty equipment
Pros
Cons
poor leadership
Depressing place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 5, 2019
Poor leadership. No long-term vision. Manager is quite prejudice and the atmosphere very toxic. Layoffs occur frequently and the infrastructure is archaic.
Pros
Flexible starting times.
Cons
Manager is a poor communicator and leader, lacks long-term vision, "Us against Them" mindset.
Tienen un 100%
emsamble of doors (Former Employee) –  Walkertow InFebruary 27, 2019
Es una excelente empresa de trabajo buen ambiente laboral
Pros
Me gusta fue la mejor experiencia de mi vida trabajar con Masonite
Cons
no Tengo nada en contra
Nice place to work
Lead AUTOMATION CONTROLS mechanic (Current Employee) –  Denmark, SCFebruary 24, 2019
Fast pace high volume out put safety came first. company gave you everything need to do your job. we had around 100 people working at this site on day shift operation.
Stay away
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Walkerton, INFebruary 21, 2019
This place is an absolute cease pool. If you like working like a mad man, in an un safe manner, management that gives 0 care about you, and all that matters is numbers..... this is the place for you. The turn over rate is un real. No exaggeration I am sure they go through THOUSANDS of employees a year. That's how bad this place is. It's a joke
Safety and Productive
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denmark, SCFebruary 20, 2019
A typical day at Masonite was to come in check your emails and make sure that you have the material need to meet productivity. Check for absenteeism and any safety issues that may have occurred.
Productive great place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Haleyville, ALJanuary 29, 2019
Good place to work, good pay for the area, with a lot of placement for growth and job advancement if you want to . Management gives you free will to make things happen without micromanaging
Made alot of good friends there
Assistant Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSJanuary 28, 2019
Get to work in time. I encourage people to work steady and keep pace with me. I liked competing and pushing others to work just as hard as me,a female
Pros
Work out.goid pay great co workers
Cons
Early mornings. Hot.humid
Good
Foreman (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEJanuary 23, 2019
It was a fun work envirionment.All you do is assemble doors and have fun with friends while doing it.Door flipper was the hardest job i had out there.
Productive and nice place to work
Warranty Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northumberland, PA 17857January 22, 2019
Never expected that there was so much work that went into building a door. The environment is great and there a lot of good people working there. Would highly recommend.
Good Company but had discrimination rules
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Yulee, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Masonite is a good company with benefits and PTO. The The rules for termination are geared for certain individuals. Some can drive off angrily and wreck into the guard shack, others have Defecate in trash cans in-front of the production line employees with no repercussions, there were several safety infractions i.e transporting people on the front of forklift, and the sale of drugs in the work areas and in the parking lot on company property.. In these situations I disagree with the shenanigans and when I spoke up about them I was reprimanded. Finally I was given the task of running three machines due to some of same people calling out (with no repercussions) and I made a crucial mistake on the line as I was running back and forth from machines and was given the task as trainer. I took full responsibility stayed until the err was corrected but in the end was let go.
Pros
PTO Paid Holidays Good Health Benefits 401k
Cons
Safety issues, discrimination to certain employees, unfair termination policy
It is fast paced
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Stanley, VAJanuary 6, 2019
It is a fast paced factory job that will teach you how to get along with different types of people. You also learn the importance of netting the goals at the end of every month.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
It has it good days and bad days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonite. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight