Mass Markets Employee Reviews

not a good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 24, 2018
The initial training was ok. You did not have access to systems until you were working on the floor and assistance was very poor and a huge lack of training in operating the systems.
Chaotic and stressful place to work. Supervisor who aided in sales pitch was advising dishonest claims
In bound Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IASeptember 21, 2018
Loud music played overhead which made it hard to hear some callers. Training of system was not sufficient unless you had prior experience with that type of system
Welcome Surprise
Talent Acquisition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spearfish, SDSeptember 14, 2018
I started at Mass Markets, as a Customer Service Representative. I had the opportunity to raise my income at the levels far surpassing any of the local wages, by just doing what I was asked to do. This position basically let me :write my own paycheck", with just doing what I was asked to do and the willingness to go above and beyond.

Before, I was complete with my probationary period, a position in our Acquisition Dept. became available, and I was approached, based on my past experience, to apply for the position. I soon found out that not only do they take care of their employees, they also remember and know their past strengths as well.

In a nut-shell, if you want it bad enough, Mass Markets will provide the tools and the opportunities.

Great and FUN place to work.
Pros
Flexible Hours and Excellent Training
Great environment managers are very supportive.
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IASeptember 14, 2018
I have worked for many different Fortune 100-500 company's and I will say Mass Markets is truly a great place to work. Every job has its pro's and con's, what I liked about working here was that everyday brought something new and exciting. I enjoyed Paid time off when I needed and the ability to write my own paycheck. What you put into this job is what you will get out.
Pros
Supportive peers and managers
Cons
Would have loved to have more food days
coworkers are very nice and helpful
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IASeptember 10, 2018
Great summer job. Management team is amazing very friendly and helpful.will do very well as long as you are hitting your hours and making sales every week. training is very easy and helpful and the instructor is very nice and makes sure you understand the product before going out on the floor and making calls. overall great summer job can get boring working 8 hours Mon-Friday.
Pros
staff, pay
Cons
sitting 8 hours a day mon-friday get svery boring
Fun and energetic
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 8, 2018
Like most jobs it’s work not always exciting but also serious. But it was very comfortable work area and very helpful and friendly staff. Not so flexible with hours but weekly pay is a plus.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Flexibility
I exhibited confidence, engagement, and was a team player committed to bringing encouragement and enthusiasm every day for customer and coworkers
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IASeptember 4, 2018
I really enjoyed helping customers and selling new products. Also, I provided customer service to creating customer interest in new services. I acquired knowledge with new technology as well as enjoying the freedom to manage. I supported new customers with flexible plans offering better quality of technology and goods. The hard part of the job was the administration that allowed unethical behaviors in some employees affecting the job environment.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
unethical behaviors in employees
Not a good Place
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAAugust 21, 2018
Do not work here if you value your time and money. It isn't worth the hassle. Scripts and policies are changed nearly once a week. Management couldn't care less if you make your quota and there is no coaching or help from them either.
This place is a trap please dont even bother
Agent (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAAugust 11, 2018
Mass Markets is such a bad place to work. Dont get roped by all they "offer" there is red tape every where. They dont care at all about you. You will just be another number. All they care about is your sales quota. My paycheck was always incorrect every Monday I had to get my check correct just so I could get paid my proper amount. You dont get paid for three weeks and my first check was short over $300!
Pros
some of the people are chill
Cons
too many to list
Great people
Sales Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDAugust 5, 2018
It's a fun friendly environment chances to make money everyday great refferal bonuses down side is payouts and some times payout amounts the site will take care of you CEO won't
It is a very relaxed environment but the pay is only 9.10. They will tell you it's about 13hr but it is 9.10.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 28, 2018
My typical day at work is I get in, sit down, clock in, and then make calls. That is pretty much all that happens honestly. Nothing more nothing less.
Upper Management
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 23, 2018
A typical day at work when you are working for Mass Markets is hectic. There is a couple managers on an entire floor to help 60-80 employees. It is hectic and very stressful.
No Review offered
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 12, 2018
Medicare is a federal health insurance program for persons 65 or older, persons of any age with permanent kidney failure, and certain disabled persons.
Medicare is administered by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), a federal agency in the Department of Health and Human Services. Social Security Administration offices across the country take applications for Medicare, collect premiums, and provide general information about the program. Various commercial insurance companies are under contract with CMS to process and pay Medicare claims, and groups of doctors and other health care professionals have contracts to monitor the quality of care delivered to Medicare beneficiaries. CMS also forms partnerships with the thousands of providers of health care services: hospitals, nursing homes, and home health agencies; doctors; suppliers of medical equipment; clinical laboratories; and managed care plans such as health maintenance organizations (HMOs).
Medicare consists of Hospital Insurance (Part A), Medical Insurance (Part B), Medicare Advantage (Part C) (formerly known as Medicare+Choice), and Prescription Drug Insurance (Part D).
If they contact you run away
Agent (Current Employee) –  IowaJune 25, 2018
They make you feel like it will be easy during interview and training. Once on the phone you quickly learn everything was a lie. They also ignored federal telemarketing laws and penalize you if you refuse to by sending you home for not doing your job. You also get graded and your docked points on calls on things you dont even have the capability of doing.
Pros
Kind of got paid
Cons
Environment, management, training, ethical and moral environment
I didn't enjoy my time there.
Agent (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 15, 2018
It was an easy job, low pay, bad hours for what I wanted. It gets really loud when somebody makes a "sale". They have little prizes and awards you can win, it seems like a temporary job or a "first-time" job.
Save yourself the stress and time...Just don't
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDJune 12, 2018
Training sucks, it's a week long to learn nothing about the systems or product. They just throw you on the phones. They say you'll have helpers on the floor when in reality it's just regular empolyees insulting you or calling you annoying when you need help. The system for GE always crashes on every call. You have to wait three weeks to get your first pay check. They only want to pay 9 an hour. The leads that they have for the spectrum contact are trash so expect to be yelled at since 80% of the time you're the fourth person that's called the customer about spectrum. Like I said just don't.
Pros
Day hours
Cons
The entire company just sucks
I didn’t like working there
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 8, 2018
The staff pick and chose who they helped. They were always on break or left early. It’s a horrible place to work. It’s not organized and hardly any training
not the cleanest place but it's adequate
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDMay 29, 2018
Lots of encouragement and help to make the sale. Manager, supervisor and leads are helpful and encouraging. They have your back.. You can win prize money and make money on each item that you sell
Pros
If you need time off for dr or other they will work with you to arrange your schedule.
Cons
Pay is barely enough to get by on.
workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDMay 20, 2018
I loved the workpllace the fellow employees were great by i would have to say that they could defineately learn how to train emplayees better.. and in a typical day we sat and placed calls and offered people our service and a lot of the time no one wanted our service
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
very hard to sell product
N/a
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 15, 2018
Mass Markets was an easy going job. I liked my co workers and managers, it was an overall comfortable place to work. the only cons were the low pay and the far distance of the work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mass Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight