Mass Markets Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I didn't enjoy my time there.
Agent (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 15, 2018
It was an easy job, low pay, bad hours for what I wanted. It gets really loud when somebody makes a "sale". They have little prizes and awards you can win, it seems like a temporary job or a "first-time" job.
Save yourself the stress and time...Just don't
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDJune 12, 2018
Training sucks, it's a week long to learn nothing about the systems or product. They just throw you on the phones. They say you'll have helpers on the floor when in reality it's just regular empolyees insulting you or calling you annoying when you need help. The system for GE always crashes on every call. You have to wait three weeks to get your first pay check. They only want to pay 9 an hour. The leads that they have for the spectrum contact are trash so expect to be yelled at since 80% of the time you're the fourth person that's called the customer about spectrum. Like I said just don't.
Pros
Day hours
Cons
The entire company just sucks
I didn’t like working there
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 8, 2018
The staff pick and chose who they helped. They were always on break or left early. It’s a horrible place to work. It’s not organized and hardly any training
workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDMay 20, 2018
I loved the workpllace the fellow employees were great by i would have to say that they could defineately learn how to train emplayees better.. and in a typical day we sat and placed calls and offered people our service and a lot of the time no one wanted our service
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
very hard to sell product
N/a
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 15, 2018
Mass Markets was an easy going job. I liked my co workers and managers, it was an overall comfortable place to work. the only cons were the low pay and the far distance of the work place.
Toxic work environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 25, 2018
the only ones that matter are the executives. everyone else is, as the CEO put it " burning trash"
the company has no reservations at firing the entire work force of 200 people just to star over and force long time employees to lose their benefits and start over.
Cons
very toxic work onvironment
the place is unorganized and they dont know how to pay employees
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 7, 2018
a typical day was someone fighting with another employee or supervisor about something. the workplace was stressful and most people didn't get along and everyone talked about everyone.
Taking care of or companies business accounts
Account Manager for small Business customers (Former Employee) –  North Sioux City, SDMarch 29, 2018
It was fast paced and that is what i like. We would play music so very fun environment. I personally have never had bad customer that i could handle, but other people really struggled with it. The reason i never ever rarely had a problem i could not help a customer out is based on the facts that i have worked at several company's for 20 yrs. The only real problem i had with the place was management it was bad is all i can say , and i notice that a lot because again, been doing this for 20 yrs with other company's and i never worked for a company that their management of the place was so awful. As far as typical day i would either call my customers or they would call me if they were having an issue with something they had on their account and i would fix it for them.
great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDMarch 25, 2018
great job with a lot of potential to make extra cash just do your job. very flexible and busy most of the day. operations manager very nice person and always making sure you are treated right
Liars and decievers the same way they lie to customers
Agent (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMarch 14, 2018
THE PAY IS NOT 13.50 an hour. You can make up to that if you are able to sell the bogus internet they sale. Lots of drug addicts who never come to work. You are encouraged to mislead customers just to get sales. Here is a tip. They sell spectrum streaming service and try to get them to sign up for a free trial. Then they tell customers they can only cancel by calling which is not true they can cancel on the app. But they say to call hoping customers forget they signed up so they can charge them. If u are a fast talking liar this is a great job for u.
Pros
Food
Cons
Misleading pay. Misleading customers
Fast pace-High volume-Fun
Agent (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMarch 12, 2018
Your drive and work ethic will define your career at Mass Markets. The job is fast paced and competitive, high volume sales. The compensation plan is attractive yet comparable in the Iowa City area. If you have never done sales or think sales are hard, this will change your mind, my entire class had sales by day 2 out of training. I wish I did not have to move back home after finishing school, would have loved to stay working at Mass Markets.
Pros
Free lunch, paid weekly, cash payouts daily for contests
Cons
Lots of noise on floor, computers
For those that apply themselves, promotions are possible quickly
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDMarch 7, 2018
I began my career as a telephone agent and received my first promotion in less than thirty days from my hire date. So it is indeed possible. Stay positive and stay in compliance, and great things can happen.
Great People, Fun Enviroment
employee (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDFebruary 21, 2018
Here at Mass Markets I feel like I have a second family. I know that my manager really cares about. If I had a family emergency or crisis they are always willing to work with me. The environment is fun and engaging, starting right away in training and continuing into every day after. There is potential to make some great money here.
Pros
Great Enviroment, Great People, Potential for good money
Cons
pay structure
It's a great place to work!
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDFebruary 16, 2018
I've been employed at Mass Markets for over 7 years. I started on the phones and have been able to excel in all positions with the trainers and supervisors and management's assistance. We are like a family and every day is different. The daily, weekly and monthly contests make a fun and exciting atmosphere to work in. Advancement opportunities are available. It's nice to be acknowledged when you do a good job. The benefits are great. Weekly pay, advancement opportunities, super co-workers, incentives, bonuses, why would I want to work any where else.
Pros
Fun and upbeat atmosphere
Cons
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 14, 2018
Great incentives! Fun work environment! Great management and co workers! Mass markets has it all. I really enjoy working with the company. Making sales and being rewarded is VERY satisfying.
Fun - Career Opportunities - Fast Paced - Highly Recommended!
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Spearfish, SDFebruary 14, 2018
Mass Markets is an excellent company to work for. I personally have been working for the company for 6 years now. I really enjoy coming to work everyday and working with the team here at Mass Markets. This is a very fun, fast paced job. The company is very fond of promoting from within which is really amazing. I started out on the phones and within a short year I was promoted into a management role. Everyone gets along with everyone else and we have a lot of fun while working. Not to mention when you break records the CEO buys you lunch. The company also provides you with great contests and incentives. What entry level job offers all its full-time employee full benefits? Mass Markets does! Medical, dental, vision, IRA, employee stock contract, PTO, paid holidays etc. etc. Overall, this is a great place to work- take my word for it.
Pros
Benefits - Coworkers - Management - Contests - Family Enviroment
Cons
If you don't like a fun atmosphere- this job isn't for you!
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Spearfish, SDFebruary 14, 2018
Mass Markets is a very fun and exciting place to work. Most recently the CEO of our company gave away a car!! That was one of my most favorite contests that we have ever done. It was a lot of fun. The job can be stressful at times- but what job can't be? What makes this place super awesome is my co-workers and the management here. I would highly suggest working for this company. Unless you don't like to have fun while you're working.
Pros
Contest, Commissions, Management, Benefits, Free Lunch!
Cons
Really Nothing
I like it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDFebruary 7, 2018
Good working place good peopls to be with and work with there good at what they do the training must listen because it may get a little tricky and the names of the product you are go a sale
Pros
Have good food
Cons
Short breaks
Heavy emphasis on sales
Agent (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAFebruary 3, 2018
Was not told sales would be part of my compensation until after I had been hired. Little to no crackdowns on employees that exhibited work-inappropriate behavior. Heavily condensed training, too much too fast. Management was always friendly, though.
Pros
Good trainer, friendly management and supervisors
Cons
Lower than stated pay
No thanks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 17, 2018
Would not recommend to someone if they want to advance in a career. Good job if just out of high school and need something to do with your day. But not a career job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mass Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight