Mass Markets Employee Reviews

One of the worst places I've worked
Dispatch Professional (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDOctober 4, 2018
They started a new contract and in less then a month 10 people either quit or were fired. Instead of raising pay for customer service you're supposed to get compensation for average dispatches per hour. The goal is next to impossible to make because of lack of calls. Training for any contract is only a week long. This isn't long enough to learn everything you need to know. Half of my shift there isn't a supervisor there so if you get a caller asking for a supervisor you have to tell them that there isn't one and risk getting in trouble for refusing a supervisor call. Pay is always 2 weeks behind. The health insurance is between 60-90 dollars per week for a plan with a $4000 deductible. Not even remotely affordable when you're only making $9.10/hr
Pros
will work with you for sick days, doctor's appointments and weather
Welcome Surprise
Talent Acquisition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spearfish, SDSeptember 14, 2018
I started at Mass Markets, as a Customer Service Representative. I had the opportunity to raise my income at the levels far surpassing any of the local wages, by just doing what I was asked to do. This position basically let me :write my own paycheck", with just doing what I was asked to do and the willingness to go above and beyond.

Before, I was complete with my probationary period, a position in our Acquisition Dept. became available, and I was approached, based on my past experience, to apply for the position. I soon found out that not only do they take care of their employees, they also remember and know their past strengths as well.

In a nut-shell, if you want it bad enough, Mass Markets will provide the tools and the opportunities.

Great and FUN place to work.
Pros
Flexible Hours and Excellent Training
Not enough pay for work load
Dispatch Professional (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDOctober 10, 2018
Applied to a $13.50/hr job, and confirmed this wage at interview. They explained that it was 9.60 base pay, with attendance bonus and compensation determining the rest. No compensation package set up 3 months in to the job making it impossible to ever earn 13.50.
Pros
Supervisors and management will work with you for sick days and appointments
Cons
bad management with lack of professional training
I would not choose or send anyone to work here
Sales & Performance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDOctober 11, 2018
I was hired for 40 hour a week position and upon first week was told a 50 hour a week minimum was what was expected. no increase in pay offered.

environment was stressful.

annual reviews/raises were not timely.

I did work with some great people but overall, terrible place to work
Better than retail and I've learned a lot
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 27, 2018
It's kinda fast-paced but far better than standing on my feet all day. Compared to retail, a career feels possible. Hopefully I will become a supervisor soon. Training was rather boring and several in my class quit before it was over. Learned some cool tricks when dealing with upset customers. Some people are hard to deal with and some days feel long. Most of those complaining didn't read the job posting very well. After my 1st month, bonuses were easy to earn and the pay is weekly.
Pros
Inside, Paid Weekly, Managers, Location, Bonuses
Cons
Bad Apples, Starting Pay, Training
coworkers are very nice and helpful
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IASeptember 10, 2018
Great summer job. Management team is amazing very friendly and helpful.will do very well as long as you are hitting your hours and making sales every week. training is very easy and helpful and the instructor is very nice and makes sure you understand the product before going out on the floor and making calls. overall great summer job can get boring working 8 hours Mon-Friday.
Pros
staff, pay
Cons
sitting 8 hours a day mon-friday get svery boring
Fast pace-High volume-Fun
Agent (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMarch 12, 2018
Your drive and work ethic will define your career at Mass Markets. The job is fast paced and competitive, high volume sales. The compensation plan is attractive yet comparable in the Iowa City area. If you have never done sales or think sales are hard, this will change your mind, my entire class had sales by day 2 out of training. I wish I did not have to move back home after finishing school, would have loved to stay working at Mass Markets.
Pros
Free lunch, paid weekly, cash payouts daily for contests
Cons
Lots of noise on floor, computers
It's a great place to work!
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDFebruary 16, 2018
I've been employed at Mass Markets for over 7 years. I started on the phones and have been able to excel in all positions with the trainers and supervisors and management's assistance. We are like a family and every day is different. The daily, weekly and monthly contests make a fun and exciting atmosphere to work in. Advancement opportunities are available. It's nice to be acknowledged when you do a good job. The benefits are great. Weekly pay, advancement opportunities, super co-workers, incentives, bonuses, why would I want to work any where else.
Pros
Fun and upbeat atmosphere
Great place with Great Managers
Telemarketer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDDecember 20, 2018
I loved working at Mass Markets, the people there were amazing. Sadly, things came up in my life that I didn't get to have control over, which stopped me from working there. If they ever decided to hire me back, I would definitely go there in a heartbeat!
Pros
Flexible break times, amazing co-workers
Cons
long hours, headaches
could use some work
Agent (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDDecember 23, 2018
could improve their management however the work space is not terrible. Most of the people in which work there is not bad but the hours kept getting changed and were not very cooperative
Pros
good grew
Cons
unorganised and managers complained about position
Fun - Career Opportunities - Fast Paced - Highly Recommended!
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Spearfish, SDFebruary 14, 2018
Mass Markets is an excellent company to work for. I personally have been working for the company for 6 years now. I really enjoy coming to work everyday and working with the team here at Mass Markets. This is a very fun, fast paced job. The company is very fond of promoting from within which is really amazing. I started out on the phones and within a short year I was promoted into a management role. Everyone gets along with everyone else and we have a lot of fun while working. Not to mention when you break records the CEO buys you lunch. The company also provides you with great contests and incentives. What entry level job offers all its full-time employee full benefits? Mass Markets does! Medical, dental, vision, IRA, employee stock contract, PTO, paid holidays etc. etc. Overall, this is a great place to work- take my word for it.
Pros
Benefits - Coworkers - Management - Contests - Family Enviroment
Good employment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDNovember 29, 2018
I really enjoyed mass markets, because they had amazing staff. the only thing was that the pay is not what i expected. Great team members. I really liked the benefits.
Pros
good hours
Cons
not enough pay
not happy at job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAOctober 28, 2018
Best part of job you do meet some great people,fast paced,also if you are not a favorite then the management will treat you like you are not wantedyou need to meet quotes or they get upset
Pros
Cons
health care insurence is high
Join the Team
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDNovember 13, 2018
You are not going to want to miss out on working for Mass Markets. If you have a life outside of work, this is the place to be. They are always understanding and realize like happens. You are allowed to make up your time is you miss, and dont get in trouble like a kid in school if you have things happen outside of work. They also pay a fair wage. You have to work for the extra money, but they is a lot to be made once you get out on the floor. Top sales agents make around $30 per hour! If you have a positive attitude daily and want to be successful, this will be a great place for you to call home!
Toxic work environment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 25, 2018
the only ones that matter are the executives. everyone else is, as the CEO put it " burning trash"
the company has no reservations at firing the entire work force of 200 people just to star over and force long time employees to lose their benefits and start over.
Cons
very toxic work onvironment
I exhibited confidence, engagement, and was a team player committed to bringing encouragement and enthusiasm every day for customer and coworkers
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IASeptember 4, 2018
I really enjoyed helping customers and selling new products. Also, I provided customer service to creating customer interest in new services. I acquired knowledge with new technology as well as enjoying the freedom to manage. I supported new customers with flexible plans offering better quality of technology and goods. The hard part of the job was the administration that allowed unethical behaviors in some employees affecting the job environment.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
unethical behaviors in employees
If they contact you run away
Agent (Current Employee) –  IowaJune 25, 2018
They make you feel like it will be easy during interview and training. Once on the phone you quickly learn everything was a lie. They also ignored federal telemarketing laws and penalize you if you refuse to by sending you home for not doing your job. You also get graded and your docked points on calls on things you dont even have the capability of doing.
Pros
Kind of got paid
Cons
Environment, management, training, ethical and moral environment
Exciting and productive work place.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDDecember 30, 2018
Overall Mass Markets is the place I want to work at. They are an exciting company with the option to move up in the company. However, they let me go because I had to be on medical leave for 6 months and they will not hire me back. I hope to see this change in the future because I would love to return to working there.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Short breaks
If you don't like a fun atmosphere- this job isn't for you!
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Spearfish, SDFebruary 14, 2018
Mass Markets is a very fun and exciting place to work. Most recently the CEO of our company gave away a car!! That was one of my most favorite contests that we have ever done. It was a lot of fun. The job can be stressful at times- but what job can't be? What makes this place super awesome is my co-workers and the management here. I would highly suggest working for this company. Unless you don't like to have fun while you're working.
Pros
Contest, Commissions, Management, Benefits, Free Lunch!
Cons
Really Nothing
Not a good Place
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAAugust 21, 2018
Do not work here if you value your time and money. It isn't worth the hassle. Scripts and policies are changed nearly once a week. Management couldn't care less if you make your quota and there is no coaching or help from them either.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mass Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight