Mass Markets Employee Reviews

not happy at job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAOctober 28, 2018
Best part of job you do meet some great people,fast paced,also if you are not a favorite then the management will treat you like you are not wantedyou need to meet quotes or they get upset
Pros
Cons
health care insurence is high
Better than retail and I've learned a lot
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 27, 2018
It's kinda fast-paced but far better than standing on my feet all day. Compared to retail, a career feels possible. Hopefully I will become a supervisor soon. Training was rather boring and several in my class quit before it was over. Learned some cool tricks when dealing with upset customers. Some people are hard to deal with and some days feel long. Most of those complaining didn't read the job posting very well. After my 1st month, bonuses were easy to earn and the pay is weekly.
Pros
Inside, Paid Weekly, Managers, Location, Bonuses
Cons
Bad Apples, Starting Pay, Training
I would not choose or send anyone to work here
Sales & Performance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDOctober 11, 2018
I was hired for 40 hour a week position and upon first week was told a 50 hour a week minimum was what was expected. no increase in pay offered.

environment was stressful.

annual reviews/raises were not timely.

I did work with some great people but overall, terrible place to work
Not enough pay for work load
Dispatch Professional (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDOctober 10, 2018
Applied to a $13.50/hr job, and confirmed this wage at interview. They explained that it was 9.60 base pay, with attendance bonus and compensation determining the rest. No compensation package set up 3 months in to the job making it impossible to ever earn 13.50.
Pros
Supervisors and management will work with you for sick days and appointments
Cons
bad management with lack of professional training
One of the worst places I've worked
Dispatch Professional (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDOctober 4, 2018
They started a new contract and in less then a month 10 people either quit or were fired. Instead of raising pay for customer service you're supposed to get compensation for average dispatches per hour. The goal is next to impossible to make because of lack of calls. Training for any contract is only a week long. This isn't long enough to learn everything you need to know. Half of my shift there isn't a supervisor there so if you get a caller asking for a supervisor you have to tell them that there isn't one and risk getting in trouble for refusing a supervisor call. Pay is always 2 weeks behind. The health insurance is between 60-90 dollars per week for a plan with a $4000 deductible. Not even remotely affordable when you're only making $9.10/hr
Pros
will work with you for sick days, doctor's appointments and weather
not a good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 24, 2018
The initial training was ok. You did not have access to systems until you were working on the floor and assistance was very poor and a huge lack of training in operating the systems.
Chaotic and stressful place to work. Supervisor who aided in sales pitch was advising dishonest claims
In bound Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IASeptember 21, 2018
Loud music played overhead which made it hard to hear some callers. Training of system was not sufficient unless you had prior experience with that type of system
Pay is bad
TeleSales company in Iowa City (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IASeptember 19, 2018
They pay is meager for the amount of work done. The managers are friendly enough and try to accommodate you as best they can. Generally, a friendly work environment just doesn't pay enough to sustain a family.
Welcome Surprise
Talent Acquisition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spearfish, SDSeptember 14, 2018
I started at Mass Markets, as a Customer Service Representative. I had the opportunity to raise my income at the levels far surpassing any of the local wages, by just doing what I was asked to do. This position basically let me :write my own paycheck", with just doing what I was asked to do and the willingness to go above and beyond.

Before, I was complete with my probationary period, a position in our Acquisition Dept. became available, and I was approached, based on my past experience, to apply for the position. I soon found out that not only do they take care of their employees, they also remember and know their past strengths as well.

In a nut-shell, if you want it bad enough, Mass Markets will provide the tools and the opportunities.

Great and FUN place to work.
Pros
Flexible Hours and Excellent Training
Great environment managers are very supportive.
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IASeptember 14, 2018
I have worked for many different Fortune 100-500 company's and I will say Mass Markets is truly a great place to work. Every job has its pro's and con's, what I liked about working here was that everyday brought something new and exciting. I enjoyed Paid time off when I needed and the ability to write my own paycheck. What you put into this job is what you will get out.
Pros
Supportive peers and managers
Cons
Would have loved to have more food days
coworkers are very nice and helpful
Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IASeptember 10, 2018
Great summer job. Management team is amazing very friendly and helpful.will do very well as long as you are hitting your hours and making sales every week. training is very easy and helpful and the instructor is very nice and makes sure you understand the product before going out on the floor and making calls. overall great summer job can get boring working 8 hours Mon-Friday.
Pros
staff, pay
Cons
sitting 8 hours a day mon-friday get svery boring
Fun and energetic
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 8, 2018
Like most jobs it’s work not always exciting but also serious. But it was very comfortable work area and very helpful and friendly staff. Not so flexible with hours but weekly pay is a plus.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Flexibility
I exhibited confidence, engagement, and was a team player committed to bringing encouragement and enthusiasm every day for customer and coworkers
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IASeptember 4, 2018
I really enjoyed helping customers and selling new products. Also, I provided customer service to creating customer interest in new services. I acquired knowledge with new technology as well as enjoying the freedom to manage. I supported new customers with flexible plans offering better quality of technology and goods. The hard part of the job was the administration that allowed unethical behaviors in some employees affecting the job environment.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
unethical behaviors in employees
Not a good Place
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAAugust 21, 2018
Do not work here if you value your time and money. It isn't worth the hassle. Scripts and policies are changed nearly once a week. Management couldn't care less if you make your quota and there is no coaching or help from them either.
This place is a trap please dont even bother
Agent (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAAugust 11, 2018
Mass Markets is such a bad place to work. Dont get roped by all they "offer" there is red tape every where. They dont care at all about you. You will just be another number. All they care about is your sales quota. My paycheck was always incorrect every Monday I had to get my check correct just so I could get paid my proper amount. You dont get paid for three weeks and my first check was short over $300!
Pros
some of the people are chill
Cons
too many to list
Great people
Sales Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDAugust 5, 2018
It's a fun friendly environment chances to make money everyday great refferal bonuses down side is payouts and some times payout amounts the site will take care of you CEO won't
It is a very relaxed environment but the pay is only 9.10. They will tell you it's about 13hr but it is 9.10.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 28, 2018
My typical day at work is I get in, sit down, clock in, and then make calls. That is pretty much all that happens honestly. Nothing more nothing less.
Upper Management
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 23, 2018
A typical day at work when you are working for Mass Markets is hectic. There is a couple managers on an entire floor to help 60-80 employees. It is hectic and very stressful.
No Review offered
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 12, 2018
Medicare is a federal health insurance program for persons 65 or older, persons of any age with permanent kidney failure, and certain disabled persons.
Medicare is administered by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), a federal agency in the Department of Health and Human Services. Social Security Administration offices across the country take applications for Medicare, collect premiums, and provide general information about the program. Various commercial insurance companies are under contract with CMS to process and pay Medicare claims, and groups of doctors and other health care professionals have contracts to monitor the quality of care delivered to Medicare beneficiaries. CMS also forms partnerships with the thousands of providers of health care services: hospitals, nursing homes, and home health agencies; doctors; suppliers of medical equipment; clinical laboratories; and managed care plans such as health maintenance organizations (HMOs).
Medicare consists of Hospital Insurance (Part A), Medical Insurance (Part B), Medicare Advantage (Part C) (formerly known as Medicare+Choice), and Prescription Drug Insurance (Part D).
If they contact you run away
Agent (Current Employee) –  IowaJune 25, 2018
They make you feel like it will be easy during interview and training. Once on the phone you quickly learn everything was a lie. They also ignored federal telemarketing laws and penalize you if you refuse to by sending you home for not doing your job. You also get graded and your docked points on calls on things you dont even have the capability of doing.
Pros
Kind of got paid
Cons
Environment, management, training, ethical and moral environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mass Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight