Mass Relevance Employee Review

View all Mass Relevance reviews

Absolutely great place to work and great team!
VP of Sales and Client Operations (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 27, 2012
Mass Relevance is growing extremely fast, right in the middle of all major TV shows, movies, sports leagues & teams, major events and the biggest brands in the world like Pepsi, GE, Victoria's Secret and Nike.

The pace is fast, it's a total team effort and the ping pong table is a major stress reliever. And it's hard to beat the company lunches cooked by the Mass Relevance chef every day.
Pros
ping pong table, free lunches, the clients, the team

Other Mass Relevance Employee Reviews

We get to solve hard problems with great people.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 9, 2012
As a software engineer here, I get to work on a huge variety of things, from processing 350,000 Tweets/minute via the Twitter Firehose using Cassandra, Scala, Redis and so on to our Rails app to JS visualizations. And we're moving and building fast, so we have learned to scale to millions of requests per minute. Yes, I get to work on things I care about, which is awesome.

The uppers put a lot of trust in you to get your work done and to do it well. You also have to proactive in choosing the problems you want to tackle. So if you're the person that prefers someone to dole out tickets for you to work on, this company may not be the right fit.

The culture is wayyyy fun. Vacation time is really flexible, and we go out as a company every month to do something fun. We've done Franklins BBQ, golf, swimming, volleyball, ping-pong, bowling, going out to bars, and others I've forgotten.
Pros
smart team, hard problems, good food, culture of trust, great vacation policy/culture.
Cons
rapid growth can be concerning.
Awesome team, amazing growth, always busy, always fun!
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  AustinJuly 2, 2012
After working for a global design consultancy on long projects with corporate clients that usually ended up not making it to market because of corporate engineering red tape, etc.—it's amazing to work at a company, where in any given week, we deliver on what might be tens of projects.

Whether it's sales, dev, design or marketing; we are all on the same team and working towards a common goal, and collaborate closely. We work hard, but we also play hard. Fantastic Fridays give us a chance to relax once a month with a half day offsite, there's constantly a game of ping pong going on in the office, and we have lunch together which is provided in house by our very own startup chef.

We are growing rapidly, both in employees but more so in projects! We are going strong, and we need to hire! That is the ONLY reason for the one four star rating above—instead of 5 straight—but that's NOT a bad thing. Being busy is good, and Mass Relevance is great!
Pros
amazing team, collaborative open environment, free lunches, fun offsites, benefits
Cons
growth is fast, the office can feel packed and loud sometimes, but plans to move are in the works; very fast-paced, flexibility and ability to switch tasks quickly is required