Massachusetts General Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent hospital. Enjoy working at MGH.
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 19, 2018
Exceptional hospital with exceptional values and culture. Truly proud to be part of such an amazing organization. MGH practices excellence every day!
Pros
Workplace culture is amazing
Cons
Long commute from my home
I recommend Mass General for all needed as the best Hospital
Phlebotomy Technician/specimen te ch (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 15, 2018
I have been working at Massachusetts Hospital for more than 10 years as a PCA / phlebotomist , it was a good experience for me and I learn more how to protected patients privacy by HIPA training
Wonderful mission and dedicated staff
Development Officer, Planned Giving (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 15, 2018
The Development Office is full of professional folks that are dedicated to the mission of the hospital. There was ample opportunity to increase knowledge and understanding of medical and research areas to facilitate relationship building efforts.
Good for a First Start
Research Assistant, Dr.'s Caroline and Geoff Burns (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 13, 2018
This was my first job out of college. Pay is really low, especially given Boston's high cost of living. My boss' were great though and I did enjoy working for them.
good place to work at
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 8, 2018
really busy work place even if you are off the clock you will find your self helping someone out some way. the best part is that you made a change and helped someone and now that someone can be the one to make you be notice
Review Summary
Cancer Center Patient Care Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 8, 2018
A typical day at work was never typical at all; everyday required something new and different and absolutely not a resting moment in between. Busy from the moment you clock in until you clock out.

Mass General helped me learn a vast amount of things regarding health care and ethics.

Work place culture is goos with room for improvement.

The hardest part of the job was emotionally detaching from patients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the gratification from being able to aid patients who were undergoing terminal illnesses.
Cons
Management is not really receptive to employee suggestions/accommodations.
Beware of management changes
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 7, 2018
I worked at MGH for several years. During the second half of my employment at the hospital, management of my department turned over 3 times, always hired from outside of the facility. This changed the entire working environment completely, and not for the better. Towards the end of my time there, there was blatant favoritism, disregard of hospital policy and department policy seemed to change from day to day.
However, my experience is with only a single department of a huge hospital, and I can't speak the experience of working in anty other department.
Pros
Great benefits for regular employees, discounts for local services
Cons
Inconsistent management, favoritism
Fun place to work depending where and who you work with at the time.
PSA (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 6, 2018
Hectic. Lot to learn. Management great but varies. Great workplace culture but depends. Needs computer to function at all times. Meeting the customer.
Pros
Overall great organization. Get to meet new customers.
Cons
More time needed allotted for lunch. Consistency in customer service needed across the board
Traveling Nurse
Registered Traveling Nurse on Phillips (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 2, 2018
I worked at MGH 10 years ago on a VIP unit and found the hospital fast past with many opportunities to learn and participate to advance in my career. Staff were friendly and supportive in acting as team to provide care to patients
Wonderful Place To Work
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 31, 2018
It was a wonderful place to work. Lots of wonderful people and amazing experiences. I loved being able to help so many people. I always felt important.
Best place to work
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 26, 2018
Provides a great learning experience that will challenge your skills and prepare you for future advancements. They also offer a great mentoring program for high school students by pairing them up with employees that are currently working in their area of interest.
Great place to work and awesome benefits!
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02114October 19, 2018
Every day is a busy day!
Hundreds of patients check-in for surgery.
It is a fast-paced environment where there are always challenges but as a Unit people work together to get through busy mornings and evenings. Cooperation is essential and there's always someone to help in case we get stuck in awkward situations! Great place to work and also the benefits are great too!
Pros
Nice people, awesome CEO
Cons
No free lunches
team work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 15, 2018
i feel confident and safe working at Massachusetts hospital. also like my management us we work team work with the employs and manager.i love servings patient.
Excellent place to work
FLOAT CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 14, 2018
The best place I have ever worked at. The hospital is very supportive. Management amazing. I would have still been there if it was not due to a relocation with my family.
Nutrition Food Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 13, 2018
Working at this company is a great experience. it has been ten years since I have started working there, the management is great, the respect their employees, and give you opportunities to success. They have the Tuition reimbursement program to help their employees paid for school. MGH is a great place to work
Pros
Healthcare, Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Short and Early break
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 12, 2018
You learn alot at Mass Genera whether being on the floors or in your central area. You could trust most of the staff and people you meet there. It's a very nice, well-organized hospital and research facility.
Nurse
Student Nurse/Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 12, 2018
Great hospital. Great opportunity to learn as a student nurse as Massachusetts General Hospital has a variety of patient diagnoses. Great place to learn and grow as a nurse.
Worked as a research intern
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAOctober 7, 2018
My experience working for the Proteomics project benefited me in understanding the process of breaking down tumor samples into peptides to be analyzed in mass spectrometry analysis.
Workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 7, 2018
The workplace was comfortable and the work and task that were handed to me was understandable and was able to complete them and a convenient time. In addition to that I strongly recommend this establishment to a friend.
Perfect learning experience.
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 6, 2018
For me this job was something new. Getting my feet wet as they say. Overall as a employee there I felt great. I enjoyed my job. My coworkers were amazing.
Pros
Excellent employees, benefits.
Cons
Only had a internship.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massachusetts General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss