Massachusetts General Hospital Employee Reviews

Mgh
Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 18, 2019
MGH is a good place to work. You can learn a lot of skill from the job. The work environment is friendly. I think my boss is so nice. The only reason is the location. I need to pay a lot of money for traffic and parking.
Great Summer Internship
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 18, 2019
Interns were provided with real world experience along with working on actual projects that benefited the organization as whole. Projects varied from organizing weekly excel sheets, to running annual reports of financial data from all different billing areas.
Productive and Fun work place
Treatment Area Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 16, 2019
Massachusetts General Hospital is a teaching hospital and you definitely learn more than you expect. Overall, great atmosphere, lovely doctors and nice nursing staff.
Pros
room for growth
Cons
short breaks, payrates
Rewarding department to work for
Staff (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 15, 2019
Rewarding place to work with great collaboration of staff and referring physicians. Challenging and complex patients make this job rewarding and very interesting but also very demanding.
Cons
minimal documentation time
Fun placw
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 10, 2019
Postdoc. Expensive area and not enough salary. Plenty of technology and equipment to learn with. I enjoyed working there. Indeed makes me type 150 cha
Good co-workers and excellent workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 4, 2019
MGH is a good example of an excellent workplace. I learned many things such as how to adapt of the routine of the hospital. To be more specífic the organization. Because I came from other hospitals in Brazil that have a slight difference.
I did not have any difficulty because I am used to working in this environment.
PSC Team Lead III (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 4, 2019
It is a great place to work. I only wish that they give more opportunities to grow within the company. The company do tend o not promote within and hire from the outside.
Great employer
Lead Officer (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MAMarch 4, 2019
Outstanding place of employment. Great benefits. Fast paced environment. Property spread throughout the City of Boston and surrounding areas which allow one to transfer to other sites for more experience
Great Place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant TS (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 2, 2019
I was employed at MGH for 5 years and I truly loved my job but, because I was good at it, I was gradually overloaded with more and more work until it became a job for 4 people. My Office Manager worked her hardest to get me a raise but at the end of the day it is the decision of hospital administration to approve this and they would not. It became extremely stressful to keep up with all of the work given to me and do it all correctly without error. I chose to leave and pursue other options elsewhere.
Pros
So many great benefits
Cons
Pay raises are very hard to get
we are like a family
Actually-Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 28, 2019
Working at MGH has been for me a excellent place of work with a lot of challenges to learn every day and to succeed. Is a place with great opportunities.
Pros
great benefits and discounts
Cons
expensive healthcare
Amazing work environment
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 25, 2019
My internship at MassGeneral has taught me so much, I am very grateful for this opportunity. The culture at the office is very easy going and work efficient.
The perks are pretty decent
Senior Clinical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 20, 2019
The best parts of working at MGH Boston:
* They pay a % of your T-Pass
* They have a few fun events for employees a couple times per yr
* Free raffles to win tickets to Patriots games etc
* Discounted tickets to movie theaters, Boston museums etc
* 1st 5yrs you receive 29 days off which includes 9 holidays and the rest is for vacation/sick/personal time off (all lumped together)
* 6-20yrs of service at MGH your PTO increases to 34 days
* Over 20yrs of service at MGH your PTO increases to 39 days

However, the annual performance review/merit pay increase is low at only 2% which doesn't even keep up with the annual cost of living increases - especially for the cost of goods/services in the Northeast United States. Living in Mass is expensive!
Pros
Good Benefits & Perks
Cons
Low annual merit raises, Long commute into Boston
all around good environment to work in
Senior Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 20, 2019
the job is always busy but the work is relatively the same and the people here are mostly nice. The culture is good here but wish there was a little more of a pay.
Transplant Surgery, 165 Cambridge Street. 3rd Floor
MaleCerticied Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Transplant Surgery 165 Cambridge Street.February 13, 2019
This practice has advertised this position many,many times....after I was terminated. So..this tells me who ever is hired to work aa Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist position is in for the following challenges...as I was told
.get used to it,it's not going to change. Total disrespect for MAs. Constant disrespectful interruptions to correct you...in front of the patient,during intake,blood draws,procedures on the phone list goes on. Nurses, some great but most of them are condisending and act like they don't have time. This practice is incredibly busy. Sometimes human beings make mistakes. The unprofessional reprimanding in front of the patient,or the family. Rude,rude interruptions,snatching paperwork out of you're hand. Muttering behind you're back. Being reprimanded for no sharp pencils! The MDs were amazing,patients were remarkable!!
Pros
Days the receptionist was out.
Cons
Days certain people worked
Nice internship
Research Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAFebruary 6, 2019
Nice internship. Experience was great working with fruit flies. Coworkers and supervisors were helpful and made transition easier overall. Location was great
Pros
location
Cons
comp
Excellent hospital to work for
RN on Ellison 11, Interventional Cardiology Unit (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2019
MGH is an amazing hospital to work for. Excellent pay & benefits. You work with some of the best nurses & physicians. Wonderful learning opportunities that would not be found elsewhere.
worst enviroment I ever worked in. Working the prison was less stressful
Senior Orthopedic Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2019
If you are not 100% liberal progressive, an illegal immigrant, or a minority, do not work here. The environment here is one of total retribution and retaliation. Never complain about minorities breaking any rules or you will be terminated. No matter what the infraction is.
Pros
worlds best E.R.
Cons
everything else sucks and wouldnt take my dog there.
How a hospital is supposed to be.
Administrative Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 28, 2019
I love working for MGH which is why I don't want to leave. My pay is not making ends meet which is why I need another job to help. I do a lot for not only who I support but for the office in it's entirety.
Pros
Healthy environment
Cons
Pay
Challenging opportunities
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 28, 2019
Great place to learn and hone your skills. Supportive environment for advancement. Collaborative environment with a uniquely challenging patient population.
Pros
T accessible
Cons
No or expensive parking limited diversity in management
Collaborative work setting
Medical Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2019
Everyone at MGH is very inviting and nice. My supervisor was extremely flexible and made sure that I was working at a correct pace. I felt very supported and learned a lot. I would highly recommend!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massachusetts General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight