Massachusetts General Hospital Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Great Doctors
Ob/GYN & IVF (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 13, 2018
Working with humbled doctors is one of the best parts of my job. They aren't ones to judge you if you are learning and make a mistake, just make sure not to make it twice.
Pros
Good Physicians
Cons
Lack of a team bond
working at mgh
Patient Coordinator II / Orthopedic Trauma (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2018
Mass General is a great place to work, but in my case the travel time from Brockton to Boston is becoming a bit to much

I love working with patient, the Dr's are amazing
Overall
Pros
Cons
For me distance is the problem
Great Opportunity
Medical Walk-In Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJune 7, 2018
Mission. Guided by the needs of our patients and their families, Massachusetts General Hospital aims to deliver the very best health care in a safe, compassionate environment.

They really live up to their Mission statement.
Inspiring
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 6, 2018
I loved working at MGH; the people, the culture, the education, the benefits, the environment, EVERYTHING was beautiful there. I was inspired everyday
Pros
Cons
Short Breaks
Not the best
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  CnyJune 5, 2018
I worked for 6 years and honestly have nothing hung to show for it . They said they had no funds to keep me and my coworker then proceeded to redo every doctors office and build new ones offices for the temporary doctors that were just visiting.
Pros
Medical
Cons
Pretty much everything else
see below
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2018
MGH is a very reputable company but not for me. I did not like the job role nor was there any opportunity for growth. The salary was extremely low, almost minimum wage with a 4 year degree.
fast pace
Sr. Clinical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 26, 2018
hands on learning as long as you want. No weekends and no on call. You leaned a lot on the setup of the medical device and electrophysiology in the clinical setting.
Rewarding Job
Low Voltage Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 24, 2018
Work for a Major Health Care company has had many rewards. 10 Million Sq. Feet is quite the systems to be working on. Still working at MGH and plan to stay there.
Pros
Great place
Cons
no parking
contract
Coding Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 23, 2018
this job was a contract job , clients were friendly and approachable, included in activities within the department, good working atmosphere, easy travel
Busy Hospital and well organized CT department
Cat Scan Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 21, 2018
While MGH has a very busy imaging department, the imaging management team makes it very easy for Techs to perform their duty. Starting with the protocols; they make it easy for Techs to follow.
The level of skill of the radiologists makes it pleasant for the techs. They are very helpful and down to earth; and they are very approachable compared to other small medical facilities around the Boston area.
Their two tech model per scanner promotes great patient safety.
Wrong exam, wrong protocol occur at a very minimum.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too busy.No beak room with TV.
Manager is terrible
Associate and Coordinator, Neuro Oncology (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 19, 2018
Management in the Neuro Clinical trials department is poor. There is little oversight and little room for advancement. We were told we could utilize the educational opportunities the hospital provides but that never happened. MGH is ok, our department is deeply flawed.
working there was challenging at time
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 16, 2018
seeing sick patients was challenging at time but also helping them and talking to them can also be rewarding at times.Working in that field you got to meet a lot of people.
Pros
it was a good job
Cons
working nights
Research Assitant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 14, 2018
I helped develop medical imaging and diagnostic technology: Xenon blood flow and PET.

I worked on hardware and software.

I helped with patient studies.

I wrote stream management and imaging software.
Fun job
Patint Service's Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 12, 2018
Enjoyed working as an interpreter to our Hispanic community. Learned compassion when we had patient's that lost a pregnancy. Was given the opportunity to work 4-10's.
Pros
Worked 4-10's, 1 hour paid lunch breaks
Ok place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 12, 2018
Ok place to work. Good benefits but poor pay. Pay increase is only 2% a year. Cost of health insurance goes up every year. Patients can be very difficult.
Cons
poor pay
benefits great, money no so much
PSC 3 (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 3, 2018
Overall its a very good place to work. Salary and raises could be much better but they make up for it with great benefits. They say that they encourage promoting from within but then make it difficult to move out of your current role.
decent place to work and plenty of growth oppurtunity
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 3, 2018
Typical day is pretty busy. co- worker can kind of be a pain. some like to watch other people work and criticize their work habits without accounting for their own actions.
Job Description
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 2, 2018
Organized patient’s medical record, transcribed patient’s medicine, and managed patient records according to order, completeness, integrity, confidentiality and security.
Conducted different clerical communications as well as coordinated functions to ensure and assist smooth patient care processes along with unit operations.
Adhered to effective team collaboration, patient relations and consistent delivery of empathetic care, while managing multiple priorities in a calm, purposeful and self-directed manner.
A typical day at work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 30, 2018
• Assured efficient patient flow throughout the office; and responded to patient and provider needs to expedite visits and keep doctors and nurses on schedule
• Assisted with preliminary visit, by confirming patients’ name and date of birth, and documenting current medications and prescriptions that need to be renewed
• Completed set up of equipment and/or supplies needed for the visit; cleaned and prepared room for next patient
• Assured exam and treatment rooms were properly stocked, equipped, and secured; and all equipment was in good working order
I love it
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2018
If it wasn't for the fact that we are relocating I would stay at MGH forever. It is a fantastic place to work. I have learned so much in my 15 years here. We work in as a team to do what is best for the patients.
Pros
benefits, nurse pt ratio
Cons
for me commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massachusetts General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss