Massachusetts House of Representatives Employee Reviews

See reviews about
Collaborative work environment
Legislative Aide (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 24, 2018
Every day at the State House is different in that there are different pieces of legislation touching upon different topics every formal session, constituent cases all differ in how they are handled and what state agencies they can be connected with or local resources in the district they can be referred to, and the happenings of the building differ by stage of the legislative session.
good
Legislative Aide (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 11, 2017
nice i liked it very much. good people and historic culture. I really enjoyed my time in the office and everyone was very nice. I would go back there if I could.
Worthwhile work
Legislative Aide (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 8, 2016
Very fulfilling and fast paced environment. Lots of wonderful people, and room for growth within each office and agencies. Great benefits and flexible schedule.
fast paced, fun work environment
Legislative Aide (Current Employee) –  State HouseSeptember 8, 2015
By working as a legislative aide at the Massachusetts State House, I have learned to deal with several different types of constituents to help them solve issues that they come to us for help with. This position has helped me learn how to approach different types of people with different types of issues.
A great experience
Legislative Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 2, 2014
As a legislative intern, you are charged with many of the same tasks the would be assigned to a legislative aide. It is not necessarily the most glamorous work, but it is essential. The intern program at the Massachusetts State house also runs educational seminars that you are encouraged to participate in, and they even have guest speakers.
Pros
Highly educational
Cons
Unpaid
Public Service
Chief of Staff (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 12, 2014
Great people to work with. Multiple opportunities to assist those in need. Great work hours.
Fast-paced environment without any training, employees must learn through experience and at their own will.
Legislative Aide (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2014
In the House of Representatives, employees are given a first-hand look at politics, economic development- community issues, budget process, law-making- service providers and other resources. Must be able to communicate effectively and build relationships. I learned alot and exercised a wide variety of skills at this position.
Pros
very little supervision and independent decision-making
Professional
Legislative Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 1, 2013
The Representative and his Chief of Staff taught me the meaning of professional. They were both outstanding in how they presented themselves, and their ideas. The COS challenged me with assignments, and forced me to become a better writer in doing so. The Rep. taught me dedication to the position and the merits of educating yourself.
Cons
Not Paid