Massachusetts Medical Society Employee Reviews

Stable, but slow
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 24, 2017
Working in a 200 year-old company means working in an established culture of knowledge and success. However, it also means a resistance to change. The company lacks strong training programs even as it loves to promote from within.
Unethical Company not to be trusted
Sr Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 28, 2016
I interviewed for a position with Mass Med and received an offer. I accepted and resigned my current position as requested in order to start within 2 weeks of receiving the offer.

3 business days before I was supposed to start MMS rescinded the offer leaving me unemployed.

This company is unethical and immoral and does not honor their commitments.
Totally respects work/ life balance
Marketing Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 6, 2015
as an involved full time student and part time intern my boss worked around my schedule and would give me time off as needed.
Excellent people, mission-focused
Director (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 25, 2015
MMS feels like a family with talented individuals who work hard to support the world-class reputation of its publications.
Pros
Great people, important mission
Cons
Nothing specific
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 29, 2014
Worked there under a temporary contract. Assisted with preparing for annual meeting. Most of my responsibilities included maintaining databases, preparing mailings and assisting in whatever was needed for the department. Customer service was a big part of my function. The people there are fantastic and work well in a team environment.
Provides opportunity to contribute to the greater good, nurtures employees, enjoyable work environment
MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 5, 2013
Very active job with regular marketing and communications responsibilities plus knowledge-stretching special projects such as team project of redesigning website and adding online commerce.

Worked closely with members of the Society and had the opportunity to participate in interest-specific committees such as finding resolutions to medical student debt (gained great experience pulling cross-organization teams together, leading initiatives, setting agendas, and keeping groups on task).

Hardest part ... the organization was very bureaucratic and needed to provide middle managers with more decision-making authority.

Most enjoyable ... getting to write and be creative across multiple channels (print, digital, website, etc.)
Pros
Very caring environment, excellent benefits
Cons
Would have like more autonomy.
Typical non-profit association
Massachusetts Medical Society Staff member. (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 3, 2013
Friendly people, gorgeous work environment. Non-profit association environment -- people clock in at 8 am and leave at 4 pm. Family friendly. Work and writing is slightly biased to favor physicians as one might imagine.