Massage Envy Employee Reviews

Found 3,615 reviews matching the search See all 3,619 reviews
Tranquil Environment with high sales demand
Junior Clinic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOAugust 14, 2018
Working for massage envy has been one of my favorite jobs. It can be a very calm environment despite the phones. The job itself is easy. It does require a lot of problem solving skills for front desk and management. There is a lot of information to learn and if trained properly one can expect to succeed. Simply building relationships with clients and guests.
Pros
Tranquil environment, great discounts
Cons
disgruntled guests, poor management, constantly changing promotions
Not enough hours, deceptive training rules
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 14, 2018
Massage Envy claims to offer certain free training, with no caveats, but would not let me complete my hot stone training until I made sales with a completely unrelated modality that they were trying to push at the time.

Male therapists will likely not get the hours they need to break even, and I typically experienced less than 5 non-repeat clients a week. Many hours of sitting around and waiting while not getting paid.
Much room for advancement
Clinic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAAugust 13, 2018
I worked with them for 7+ years and personally loved it. It was a great place to learn and grow. It always kept me busy and I enjoyed the people I worked with.
August 14, 2018

Massage Envy Franchising thanks you for your positive review. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

A place to grow.
Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Savoy, ILAugust 13, 2018
I was hired as an Esthetician in May of this year. I have had great experiences learning with this job. The Murad cluster classes are wonderful and fun to attend. I have learned Pca chem peels and microderm infusion. My manager is very supportive and encouraging. The owner of the spa is professional and hardworking. I love the beautiful treatment rooms. My coworkers are sweet and helpful. The pay countinues to increase each time. My checks have grown and my client list is growing. I’m thrilled to be on the massage envy team.
Pros
Free education, great products, wonderful treatment guides, hands on learning with product reps, peaceful music, helping people look and feel their bests.
August 14, 2018

Thank you for your review. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLAugust 11, 2018
If you stay your compensation goes up and you have an easy no stress job.
Time off when needed is easy if you plan ahead
Management does not micromanage
Paid time off after a year
Benefits offered at 25hours
Pros
Benefits offered at 25 hours
Cons
Low pay to start
August 14, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're thrilled to hear that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location is a positive one.We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Run away
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 11, 2018
It's ok for a someone just getting out of school needing to get experience. Other than that run away. Pay is not worth it. A lot of drama llamas to keep things going.
August 14, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location left you with a negative impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. Nonetheless, as a whole we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees. We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

el ambiente es malo
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  South Beach, FLAugust 10, 2018
El peor lugar para trabajar es massage envy específicamente en south beach, el bueno se creo coca cola del desierto ,el salario es horrendo ,solo es un lugar que sirve para coger experiencia después de salir de la escuela,no recomiendo este lugar a nadie, los trabajadores ahí no importa .
Pros
buen lugar para coger experiencia
Cons
mal salario, no hay repeto
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAAugust 9, 2018
Overall I enjoy working at Massage Envy. The managers are helpful and do what they can to address any issues that arise. I really enjoy being able to help my clients.
August 11, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing your positive review! We're thrilled to hear that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location is a positive one. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Excellent culture
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILAugust 9, 2018
I loved my time with Massage Envy. I grew as a therapist and learned a lot about customer service. I wish there was more promotion from within. A Therapist would make an excellent Clinic Administrator, but my location would never advance any therapists to that position.
Pros
Supportive co workers
Cons
Not much advancement opportunity

No clients.No money.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mobile,AlAugust 9, 2018
Don't work for this corporation.You will have to work 7 days a week to make a decent income.Everyone working there is struggling financially.If you aren't booked you will not get paid.You are also required to stay just incase a client books but are not compensated for your time.It's a horrible system.New grads are hired even when current employees are not booked.There is favortism and jealously if you make more than the leads.I encourage new grads to not get stuck in this cycle.Once you get experience seek a better opportunity.This place will have you in a financial crisis.
Pros
Free supplies if they don't run out.
Cons
No clients.No pay.
August 11, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location left you with a negative impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience--including compensation and pay structure--varies from one franchised location to another. That said, all franchisees are subject to minimum wage requirements. We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

Excellent working environment. Top of the line products to work with and recommend. Clean environment. Very good tools. Continuing education.
sales and appointments (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 9, 2018
Good working conditions. Full schedule on working days. Excellent service from front desk staff. Nice break room to study or have lunch. Clean. Open door policy from management. Friendly and Courteous and address any concerns immediately.
Arrive 30 min prior to work and set up room. Front desk arranges schedule and supplies and extra I need. Helpful in closing sales for me if needed.
Cutting edge facial treatments. Classes and opportunities to learn new machines and to perfect usage.
Management is always very helpful in keeping me informed on classes or any concerns I may have. Co-workers are friendly and helpful and we share a lot of clients. They promote my services and I promote theirs. The hardest part of the job is fulfilling all the needs of the clients and it is also the most enjoyable part. I get to meet and fulfill the skincare needs of so many people. I enrich their lives and they enrich mine.
Pros
Set my own schedule. Paid extra for add on services
Cons
Not always enough time between clients to educate them on proper use of products
It's an OK place to work for a short time.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 9, 2018
The pay sucks. Its a fast paced job. However, they do offer free CEU's and training. I do like using I - Pads for the client intake form. Not always a steady flow of clients.
August 11, 2018

We at Massage Envy Franchising are disappointed that you did not have a positive experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience that each provides is unique. We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

Terrible experience
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 8, 2018
I don't even want to talk about my location. Now, I absolutely loved this job. It was everything I was good at and more, everything I love (office work, organization, customer service, filing, sales, etc) but it was just my specific location (Anthem) that really ruined it for me. I do want to reapply for different locations in the future because I really loved this job. But my location was absolutely terrible, all of the people who I used to work with have resigned even the General Manager could not take it anymore. They have received low ratings lately. I did not have the best connection with my location and I PRAY that because of that I cannot work at the other locations, but I guess we will see.
Pros
customers were nice, clean, quiet and calm atmosphere
Cons
overly clean, poor management, drama, favorites, and everything you could ever imagine
August 11, 2018

We at Massage Envy Franchising are sorry that this has been your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. As a whole, we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we recognize that you didn't feel that promise delivered. We'll share this feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to share any additional details with us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll gladly pass them along as well.

Relaxed and Calm Work Enviornement
Spa Back (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIAugust 8, 2018
I loved working here, the staff was always so friendly. There are unlimited opportunities for you to advance and move up within the company, I would absolutely recommend working here.
August 11, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing your positive review! We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Stressful
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Short Pump, VAAugust 8, 2018
Management talked poorly about everyone. Twofaced. Benefits sucked because there was almost no way to achieve your bonus. Management lied to you. Just overall one of the worst experiences I have ever had.
Pros
Discounts on masssages
Cons
Management. No breaks. Over worked and under payed
August 11, 2018

We at Massage Envy Franchising are sorry that this has been your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. As a whole, we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we recognize that you didn't feel that promise delivered. We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

Massage Envy
Licensed NYS Esthetician/ Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYAugust 8, 2018
Massage Envy is a great place to start a career in the esthetics or massage industry. But as a long term career, I wouldn't recommend it. There are no benefits offered and clientele isn't always steady.
Pros
management
Cons
no benefits, hours aren't steady
August 11, 2018

Thank you for your review. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience--including compensation and benefits--varies from one franchised location to another. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

relaxed work place with a wonderful environment
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 8, 2018
a typical day would be to assess and recognize clients needs ad together develope a plan of therapy to alleviate pain or even relax the mental and physical wellness of my client.i learned how to listen and communicate well with others in difficult situations where it could be difficult to describe and exspress personal pains and stresses. i learned how to create loyalty and trust with my clients and my co workers.. and i truly enjoyed my time there.
Pros
building trust and professional relationships
Cons
paid time off and vacations would be appreciated
August 11, 2018

Massage Envy Franchising thanks you for your positive review. We're thrilled to hear that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location was a positive one. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Fun Place
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLAugust 7, 2018
The employees are nice. It a place to meet new people and aquire the great customer relation. The Managersreally work with you its a place to work with no stress.
Pros
Fun Place
August 11, 2018

Fun place to work. Not enough appointments.
Stretch Therapist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 7, 2018
Stretch Therapy just started at Massage Envy so it was a slow process of getting regular clients. The management was ok. The hardest part of the job was the physical side of stretch large people. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a big difference in people's lives. They would leave in much less pain and much more energy.

sad
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2018
I not happy make you work long hours, back to back. Hard manual labor, high volume, low wage, can't take no vacation with family so had to transfer and same thing.
August 8, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Envy. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

49out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Massage Envy.

Powered by Comparably