Massage Envy Employee Reviews

fun at work
Massage Therapy (Former Employee) –  Verona, NJOctober 17, 2018
Learning my experience from school on actually a real human and I was so happy. when I got done massaging my client and left the room so he/she can get dressed I was so scared that I was going to get a bad result from my supervisor but I did a wonderful job. My hardest part at the job was massage somebody for 2hours deep tissue straight. it take a lot out in you because your using all your muscles and strength.
Starter Position
Business Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCOctober 17, 2018
Company wide is great. Owners aren’t the best bc they have no real quality support of their employees. You can grow within the company. Overall experience isn’t as bad but I would work for the company again but I refuse to work for the previous owners. Definitely wouldn’t recommend anyone to work for them.
Productive, fun and relaxing workplace with great experience opportunities.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 17, 2018
very enjoyable and relaxing workplace. Easy job and great customer service and booking experience. Would one day like to transition up to corporate status.
Great for 1st job or college student
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 17, 2018
Loved my job for a long time. Mainly the people I worked with. There really isnt much room for advancement though. Honestly, all the management positions don’t even pay enough to make it worth it. You could make just as much if not more staying as a sales associate and selling memberships. Less stress too. They are sales so be expected to meet goals daily. Perfect job for a college student. Flexible schedule
Pros
Health insurance, flexible schedule, discounted services
Cons
Pushy sales, low pay, minimal advancement
Good for beginners
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 17, 2018
Place is good if your just starting out and want to improve your skills. Busy place. There’s only a couple different facials so it’s pretty routine. Great if your just starting out
Very fast pace environment
Clinic Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CO 80123October 16, 2018
Is a good place to work specially if you like a very fast pace place , the only thing in the location that i worked didn't offer Health insurance other than that is good .
October 17, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location didn't leave you with a positive impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. We'll share this feedback with the regional leadership for the Lakewood area. If you'd like to share any additional details with us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll gladly pass them along as well.

ME Review
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 15, 2018
It's a good company to work for, but when my franchise group eliminated my roll, they didn't have any other options except a demotion and a pay decrease. The company provides good benefits and takes good care of the clients.
Pros
Cheap/free massages, good company, coworkers
Cons
Wage
October 16, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Massage envy summary
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAOctober 15, 2018
I really did enjoy working at massage envy. However, the location that I worked at was poorly organized. The main owners didn't live in the state, the person they had run it for them wasn't very involved in the day-to-day. The manager was awesome but definitely in a situation where she didn't have a lot of room for success.
Pros
benefits, the people, the environment
Cons
poor scheduling, lack of staff

Management Review
Clinic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALOctober 15, 2018
You hear some good things ... & some bad things about working for ME. But really it all comes down to if you have a good franchisee running the place. Thankfully mine was pretty good.
October 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're thrilled to hear that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location was a positive one. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Nice place to work
Certified Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAOctober 15, 2018
The employees are all wonderful people.. It was a great environment to get actual experience. The therapists were well educated in several modes or massage and stretching.
October 16, 2018

Massage Envy Franchising thanks you for your positive review. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Upper Management needs to listen to its employees
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 15, 2018
Employees and customers are awesome. You build a great rapore with them. Upper management is disconnected from its employees and fails to give them a voice.
October 16, 2018

It was on Ok place to work at.
Stretch Therapist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJOctober 15, 2018
We did our best to keep the customers happy even thought we went through a few managers and it wasn't kept looking the best. It was unfortunate because the location was great, but it ended up closing down.
October 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Good starter company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2018
Not many perks for employees. Great for people in school/college, or starting therapy out of school. Not a great place to actually make any money unfortunately.
October 15, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location didn't leave you with a positive impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

very relaxed
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 14, 2018
i love working here, everyone is so nice, they pay very well too and they were flexable with my crazy life. I never dread going to work and it doesnt require challenging work

productive and relaxing
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 12, 2018
met alot of people, made great lifetime friends, enjoed going to work, enjoyed talking to customers and knowing they were happy with tehir massage, and i enjoyed their company
Pros
free massages, bonus checks every week
Cons
longer lunch break
October 15, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing your positive review! We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Great Company, Horrible Management
AESTHETICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 10, 2018
I loved my job. Being able to help people feel great and unlimited training. The management was HORRIBLE, not understanding when it came to personal life at all. Everything else was amazing, they are great when it comes to training you on products and protocol.
October 11, 2018

Thank you for your review. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for the Fayetteville area. Thanks again!

Clientele is plentiful and the schedule is flexible
Massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Solana Beach, CA 92075October 10, 2018
I can make my own schedule week to week, I can work short or long shifts and am able to place my breaks wherever I desire. Getting tips daily is always a nice cushion between paychecks.
Pros
Instant gratification with soft tissue mobilization and trigger point therapy
Cons
tight schedule. There's only 5 minutes for the client to get dressed, the room to be turned over and the next client to be greeted. Also, the longevity is affected by wear and tear of massage muscles.

Massage Envy
Licensed Massage Therapist & Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 10, 2018
Greet each client as they come at appointed time. Perform treatments (massages, facials or both) and clean up. How to attend to all of the public walk-in needs. Management was fair and the staff was very cultured. The hardest part was when you didn't have clients and you must sit around and wait for walk-ins or when you have your next scheduled client. The most enjoyable part of this job was the cash tips at the end of your treatments. Only because the hourly pay was not really reliable.
Pros
You make your own hours/schedule
Cons
the low pay and reliability on the tips.

Fast paced, busy schedule
Master Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAOctober 10, 2018
Massage Envy is a good place to start if you don’t have any work experience. You don’t have to worry about how to get clients, they will book the appointments for you. It also has flexible work hour schedules.
Pros
Flexible schedule hours
Cons
Pay very low
October 10, 2018

Love Massage Envy
FRONT DESK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAOctober 9, 2018
I loved My time at Massage Envy. I learned so much about the company and the industry, as well as myself. I was pushed to new limits professionally, and grounded in the collective atmosphere there. It was an amazing overall experience for me and I was sad to leave but we were relocated. I will always hold that experience close to my heart!
Pros
Discounts on services, Strong team atmosphere, Great management
Cons
Not flexible scheduling, membership sale requirements
October 11, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Envy. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

1.7Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.