Massage Envy Employee Reviews

Found 4,361 reviews matching the search See all 4,366 reviews
Not following sanitation and protocol.
Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCFebruary 22, 2019
I feel management listens to you, but there's no follow through. They'll keep a problem employee that brings others down so long a they can sell. We shouldn't have to clean up after each other either and should follow protocol, not be allowed to just get away with anything.
Massage Envy is a great place to work if you Like money with no stress
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 22, 2019
If you like to come in and be part of a family then this is the place for you! The pay is great! They work with your hours! If you want to pick up there are always options.
Pros
Pay, Hours, No stress
Cons
high volume clientele
Do not work here
Front Desk Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 22, 2019
Unfortunately the franchise only cares about making money and nothing else. The amount of negativity in this location is suffocating. If you are front desk be prepared to sell memberships that lock people in. If you are not hitting a certain percentage a month you will not make commission. If you are continuously not making your sales goals they can fire you. They pretend to care about people but in reality they just want their money. I understand it is a business, but do not treat your employees like they're disposable. There is no HR to even reach out to, you would have to contact corporate. Do not work here! You are better off working at BK!
productive work place
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 22, 2019
as I Masage therapy massage envy gave me the opportunity to grow up on my career as professional massage therapy, I hope to stay for more years working for this company .
Pros
free lunchs sometimes, free massage every month
Cons
discounts
February 22, 2019

Thank you for your review. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Poorly ran completely unorganized!!!
Front Desk/Sales (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 21, 2019
Was offered position with company, Took a week to get in to do paperwork for new hire, another week and a half to get set up with MEU courses, another week to do first day "training" which was a joke, never got told how many hours I'd be working per week, never shown how to clock in or out for the first day training that was done, or for whenever we actually got start working, not told how us new hires were supposed to track our time for the "paid training" that was being done at
home for the MEU courses that were required to do prior to starting. Pretty much only had mew hires coming in one time a week. If your looking for something super part time this would be it.
Pros
Discounts on products and massages
Cons
Not organized, lack of communication
February 22, 2019

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location didn't leave you with a positive impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

Basic entry level LMT employment
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 21, 2019
The clients make the job enjoyable. There are slower and more busy times of the year, but once you build up your clientele, its mostly consistent. Includes CEU opportunities.
Pros
Buildable clientele
Cons
Disconnect between Frontdesk Associates and Therapists
February 22, 2019

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. If you'd like to share any additional feedback to be passed along to regional leadership in your area, please feel free to send via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com.

I loved working there
massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJFebruary 20, 2019
Just like any business the owner/operator of the store has a lot to do with how the store runs. The massage envy I worked for had a amazing owner/operator and he truly cared about his employees, so he hired great supervisor and mangers. I loved the flexibility, and the franchise rules,regulation, and the bonus
February 21, 2019

Massage Envy Franchising thanks you for your positive review. We're thrilled to hear that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location was a positive one. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

unstable and stressful
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Sales are extremely stressful and not very forgiving. You have to sell at least 20% of the guests you check out every pay period in order to stay which is harder than it sounds. Management was questionable, unstable, dramatic, and constantly felt pressured. not very many benefits, huge drop off in hours making it nearly impossible for many employees to pay rent.
Pros
membership with employment
Cons
short breaks, lack of benefits, toxic company culture
February 21, 2019

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location left you with a negative impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

Good beginner job
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 19, 2019
Great starter job for when you are fresh out of school and need experience. I would not recommend staying beyond the first year though as you are almost never fully booked and do not make a good salary.
Pros
Chances to earn free services
Cons
No benefits, lack of consistent clients
February 21, 2019

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. If you'd like to share any additional feedback to be passed along to regional leadership in your area, please feel free to send via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com.

Disorganized and stressful
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Verona, NJFebruary 19, 2019
Poor leadership from upper management.
Gossiping amongst leadership.
Low pay.
Chaotic work environment with no definite structure.
As a manager I could not directly contact the franchisee, as I had to go through a screening process by upper management.
This particular location was operated by an anarchist, who unconsciously created chaos to make herself feel valued. It was absolute insanity and I am glad that I have moved on from this abusive environment.
February 21, 2019

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location didn't leave you with a positive impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. We'll share this feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to share any additional details with us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll gladly pass them along as well.

Want to know more about Massage Envy?

Ask a question
do not apply here
Lead Sales and Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 18, 2019
do NOT work here if you want something with benefits and good management, they dont know what they are doing.
they keep associates who dont do their job and management doesnt care of your concerns.
February 19, 2019

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location left you with a negative impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. As a whole, we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we recognize that you didn't feel that promise delivered. We'll share this feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to share any additional details with us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll gladly pass them along as well.

Clean environment
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 18, 2019
i liked working here for a little while but it becomes repetitive repeating the same lines day in day out. however we had a very reliable filing system and the millenium software was good too

You gotta start somewhere
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2019
The only good thing I have to say about this company is that it's generally busy at most location and you'll get plenty of practice. That where the positive ends. You will be used like tool and when broken you will be replaced. Get some practice hone your skill and get out.
Cons
No actual living wage
February 19, 2019

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location didn't leave you with a positive impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience that each provides is unique. As a whole, we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we've rolled out a nation-wide initiative in partnership with the American Massage Therapy Association aimed at providing franchisees with a variety of resources to promote and maintain a culture of care in their franchised locations. We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

Sales Sales Sales
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 18, 2019
Please do not work here unless you are comfortable with selling 24/7. This company gets most of its monetary income from membership sign-ups, so the sales quota was very high and hard to reach! Be prepared to get yelled at by angry clients who have been overcharged because the policies are wack. The only good thing about this job is you can stand for as long as you'd like or sit for as long as you like. The therapists are super nice and they defended us a lot when management would beat down on us. The amazing other employees made shifts 1000x better. The shifts were super chill if no managers were in, but every once in a while an angry client would come in and we would have no one to direct them to because they weren't there. I'm sure other locations are great but it all depends on the management.
Pros
Great coworkers, free massages/facials, discounts
Cons
Lazy management, pushy sales, unorganized
February 19, 2019

We at Massage Envy Franchising are disappointed that you did not have a positive experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. As a whole, we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we recognize that you didn't feel that promise delivered. We'd be happy to pass your review along to the regional leadership in your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details about the franchised location where you worked to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll certainly share your feedback.

Productive and polite employees
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAFebruary 18, 2019
The day begun by counting the register, check voicemails, restock, check emails, file any paperwork. Management was run poorly. The most challenging part of the job was, answering multiple phone calls at once. The most enjoyable part of being a receptionist was, meeting new interesting people every day who have exciting lives.

Avoid
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2019
This place has empty promises. Avoid it. They work their people hard and don't show any appreciation for earning their money for them. It's such a depressing place to go everyday.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
February 19, 2019

A place where you can grow
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 17, 2019
I currently work at the Massage Envy in Glen Burnie MD. I have worked at other Massage Envy's, Hand and Stone, and local Spas, and out of them all this has been the best location I have worked. The management team is here to help you learn and grow. I have never felt forced to overwork myself, like some locations. If I needed to call out of work for sickness or family emergencies I have never been forced to give them makeup time while on the phone with them. They make it feel like we are a family and they care about not only you growing as a therapist, but on a personal level.

This location is the one one in the area that you can start earning PTO as soon as you are full time. They have a matching 401K as well as a free service monthly and discounted past that. They also help you pay/pay for CEs and the other therapist are willing to help answer any questions you have.
Pros
Pto, 401K, Education
February 19, 2019

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing your positive review! As a whole, franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we're so happy to hear that you're experiencing that promise delivered in your franchised location. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Do not care about clients- care about sales
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIFebruary 17, 2019
Purely care about sales.
Client care is last for them, as long as you argue someone into a sale.

Report people to fake collection agencies when late to raise fear purposely.
Massage Envy did allow me to start in the esthetician field
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 16, 2019
Typical day would be to come in and check your schedule. Perform esthetic services to clients. I learned the process of a spa environment. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping clients with their skin care routine
Pros
Helping clients with their skin care routine
Cons
Hired more estheticians to only make us commision so they didn't have to pay for healthcare

Good for EXP
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2019
This place is perfect to start your experience as a massage therapist. not so fast pace but also slow enough for you to built your clientele and continue growing.
February 19, 2019

Massage Envy Franchising thanks you for your positive review. If you'd like to share any additional feedback to be passed along to regional leadership in your area, please feel free to send via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Envy. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K
31.1K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight