Massage Envy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 3,535 reviews matching the search See all 3,538 reviews
Good externship learning enviorment
Extern (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 17, 2018
As an extern, I worked only on employees due to the fact that at the time I was not yet certified. I had the duties of any therapist. Any mistakes I made were fairly critiqued to make me a better employee for when I got my certification.
Massage Envy
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  La Habra, CA 90631July 17, 2018
Massage Envy was a nice place to work, however I was promised full -time ans I was receiving hours that were less than part-time for over almost two months until I decided enough was enough and this was not the job for me.
Pros
one free service every month
Cons
lying to customers, short breaks, no breaks
Inconsistent
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 17, 2018
The manger was very disorganized lacked proper leadership skills neglected to communicate tranining courses in orderly time fashion forgot to put me on payroll twice lied to me about not having to fill out futer information regarding payrole caller her twice to avoid previous problem and there was still an error she called in to fill out paper work when i read the paperwork ots was a employer only document
Pros
Futher education
Cons
Workimg for a
Busy, Competitive
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 17, 2018
A very busy spa, sometimes you had to change rooms several times during the day. I learned at all the spas is to be as prepared as possible. The hardest part of the job was long hours on your feet and it was very strenuous. The enjoyable part was helping people.
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, no vacation, no 401k
Assembly line mentality for therapist, Poor Management/Ownership
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 16, 2018
Management is missing. Ownership is solely focused on $$, and its obvious. Pay is not worth it at all. However, if you're a new therapist, go for the experience and then branch out!
Pros
Meeting new people (but that can done anywhere)
Cons
plenty of cons
July 17, 2018

We at Massage Envy Franchising are disappointed that you did not have a positive experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience that each provides is unique. As a whole, we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we recognize that you didn't feel that promise delivered. We'll share this feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to share any additional details with us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll gladly pass them along as well.

Not good
Lead FDA (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJuly 16, 2018
Horrible managment, they overwork and under pay. i was never able to do thingd on my own, my boss was always down my back and it was so annoying. never work here
July 17, 2018

We at Massage Envy Franchising are sorry that this has been your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. We'll share this feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to share any additional details with us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll gladly pass them along as well.

Productive workplace
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHJuly 14, 2018
A typical day at work in order is relaxation, busy, relaxation, busy. The most enjoyable part about the job is getting to know new members/ members. Overall, a great atmosphere
Cons
short breaks
July 16, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

comfortability
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILJuly 13, 2018
fast paced client ready spa like environment
meeting and greeting guest understanding their needs adjusting to the different modalities for each yearning client
Pros
free monthly massage
Cons
no health benefits poor manangement
July 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

very interesting place to work
Sales Associate/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 13, 2018
At first it was a great place to work but quickly became poorly managed and advancement was a joke because the manager only promoted her favorites it was overall good but now its just a toxic work place an I wouldn't recommend it
Pros
flexible and decent hours
Cons
to cutthroat and high turnover
July 16, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location didn't leave you with a positive impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. We'll share this feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to share any additional details with us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll gladly pass them along as well.

Family
Front Desk Sales Associate Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 13, 2018
I met my long time friends through this company, Tracey D. Is the best manager I ever had. These girls will help you will guide you to be the best. They truly make this job fun!
July 16, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing your positive review! We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Want to know more about Massage Envy?

Ask a question
Fun workplace with kind coworkers and a medium paced enviornment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at Massage Envy very much. My fellow co workers communicated well and were very kind to me. The job was fun and taught me a lot about sales and customer service. The management was good.
July 16, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing your positive review! We're thrilled to hear that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location was a positive one. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Awesome group of people to work with and great clients
Clinic Manager/Lead Trainer/Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJuly 13, 2018
Going into work you have a set list of things that need to be accomplished everyday and there is a team too work on it together. I learned patience understanding and compassion for others. Hardest part of the job was not being able to use the resources to get my employees what they needed. Best part of the job was working with the outstanding group of employees that we had.
July 16, 2018

under staffed and at times very stressful
Wellness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 13, 2018
We where very under staffed so it would get very stressful at times, But then on the other hand its pretty cool place to work 1 free massage a month.
Pros
free massage a month
Cons
under staffed manager over worked
July 16, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

Massage Envy is a great place to work!
Wellness Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed working there and being a part of the front desk team. Of course the hardest part is selling memberships, but management and team leads help you hone in on your selling skills.
July 16, 2018

Poor ownership in this establishment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJuly 12, 2018
I will never work at Massage Envy ever again. We don't get paid enough and we had no management most of the time. The owner was never there and we always had lack of communication between the coworkers.
July 13, 2018

We at Massage Envy Franchising are sorry that this has been your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

Helping others
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJuly 12, 2018
The most enjoyable thing is the gratitude given back by clients on a daily basis. Also the tips can be a very big plus to the salary that I make. Love working here.
Pros
Being booked without worry
Cons
Short breaks

Its a job
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 11, 2018
Good place to start working at. Has ups and downs depending on what time you work. Better to work at night when people are off work. Flexible hours which is great.
July 13, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. We’d love to pass this along to regional leadership in your area if you'd like to share a bit more about which franchised location you worked in. If you’d like to send that information to us at meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we’d be happy to share your feedback.

Productive and fun workplace
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJuly 11, 2018
Overall great company just wanted more growth and my managers at the time weren't the greatest. Most of the time my schedule was booked and I got along with the front desk associates.
July 13, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience that each provides is unique. We'll share this feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to share any additional details with us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll gladly pass them along as well.

A good place to start, but not to stay
LMT (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJuly 11, 2018
New LMT's are always warned of places like this and how you should avoid at all costs. There are reasons for that, but right out of school its one of only a few options available to you. The company is franchised so not all of them will be the same but most of them have a very high turn over rate for LMTs. Its a place to get some experience then leave for a better paying position with better benefits.
Pros
easy work, good to start
Cons
bad pay, poor benefits, terrible pto/sick leave accrual, relying on tips
July 12, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location left you with a negative impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience that each provides is unique. As a whole, we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we recognize that you didn't feel that promise delivered. We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

fun place
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 11, 2018
great work place , no complaints, family oriented , manager is great other therapist are awesome, client are great .place is clean and a friendly relaxing feeling when i go into work
July 12, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Envy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight