Massage Envy

Massage Envy Employee Reviews

United States5,639 reviews
Found 5,639 reviews matching the search
Northern VA
The managers in this area were confusing, and there were many staffing changes. This was a good summer job, but I would not work there long term. The staff were friendly though! Also, they don't tell you but you have to be good with conflict and complaints from customers constantly.
May 3, 2018
On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for this feedback. We'll share it with the regional leadership for the Ashburn area. If you'd like to share any additional details with us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll gladly pass them along as well.
You really become family with those you work with
I remained employed by Massage Envy for 8 years. Not because I made the most money or worked an ideal schedule but the bonds I created with the staff and customers alike.
May 28, 2020
Massage Envy Franchising thanks you for your positive review.
alright
Employees and customers are nice. Some managers are horrible and cause a bad experience. Pretty decent overall. The work is very easy. Mostly scheduling appointments and calling customers and flipping rooms. Depending on location there isn't a lot to do.
May 28, 2020
On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. As you mentioned, locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience that each provides is unique. We'll pass along your feedback to the regional leadership for your area.
It could be a good place to work
Compensation is stagnant, morale is low, attitudes are often horrible from co-workers, co-workers are not held accountable for work performance or cooperation.
May 28, 2020
We at Massage Envy Franchising are sorry that this has been your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. We'll share your feedback with the regional leadership for your area.
Nice to only do massage.
Up to this point I only had to do massage and change sheets. That is nice. The company tries to be accommodating to your work hours. Good team to work with overall.
May 27, 2020
On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing your positive review!
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Next to Genos pizza, was soooo good. Also by Subway and Mcdonalds
Was great while I was there. Loved making people feel relaxed and pain free for a bit. Definitely feel like with working as a massage therapist you need atleast ten minutes in between massages to clean and get the room ready for the next person. Hopefully in they have that now.
May 27, 2020
Massage Envy Franchising thanks you for your positive review. We're thrilled to hear that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location was a positive one.
Great Job For a Fake
The managers and owners are full of drama. You always feel like they're talking about you because they talk to you about everyone else. Always pushing numbers and when numbers are all the way up they had us lie.
May 27, 2020
We at Massage Envy Franchising are sorry that this has been your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. We'll pass your feedback along to the regional leadership for your area.
Busy environment!
A typical day here is always busy with great people. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and having happy clients each time they leave.
May 27, 2020
On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback.
Not good
Jump through flaming hoops for management , they are controlling , and pushy , felt like they wanted me to quit by the way they treated me.
Unorganized front desk , with high pressure sales tactics , and the highest turn over I've ever seen.
Pros
Get to help people feel well naturally
Cons
No appreciation from management, no team work
May 26, 2020
We at Massage Envy Franchising are sorry that this has been your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. We'll certainly share your feedback with the franchisee.
It was a good place to work at
They were nice and friendly. They helped me get they hang of everything when I first started working there. They had snacks in the back for everyone to eat. They wanted to make sure you knew what you were doing.
May 26, 2020
Success and earnings here is all up to you (mostly).
I’ve worked at three different ME clinics and for the most part the experiences with all were dictated entirely by me and were all grade-A fantastic! Employees establish with the owner and or management: days, time frames, and their maximum capacity in # of clients that they are able to take on, per shift. For example, my maximum was five 50-min. sessions in a shift that would be tailored to 5.5 hrs. to have a 30 min. lunch break somewhere in there (also flexible, depending on being a partly walk in business or short-notice of appointment). Your max is broken up accordingly should you be booked 80 or 120 min. sessions, which is very likely. While in school for certification, I was not drawn to the company initially, however nearing completion of courses, I realized that I needed to be completely immersed in the work after graduating, in order to be able to hone my new skill quickly and effectively. I wanted to gain as much experience as I could as quickly as I could manage to do so. I wanted to obtain certainty and sincere confidence in my practice and to truly be that expert that clients absolutely depend on you to be, in such a specialized trade. It’s not something you can fake, so I wanted to be “put through the grinder” in the start of my career as an HHP, which was a complete career change from my previous work. This company 100% allows for this because if you want to maximize your time during a work shift and learn about yourself and how you will evolve in this versus standing around at a higher end spa hoping to be booked more than once or twice in a shift, then this - more...
May 26, 2020
On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing your positive review and the feedback! As a whole, franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we're so happy to hear that you experienced that promise delivered in your franchised location. Thanks again!
I think the company is good, but the schertz location is not
The owners of this location only care about making themself money. They couldn't care less about their employees or customers, as long as they are getting paid
May 26, 2020
On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. As you mentioned, locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. We'll pass your feedback along to the regional leadership for your area.
Abusive and Dangerous
I was fired from the Sarasota Midtown location after requesting to fill out a se*ual misconduct form in order to report another massage therapist. I was not given an official form and then I was terminated the next week an hour before my shift by a direct call from the owner. They actively cover up abuse and their pay is worse than McDonald's.
May 27, 2020
We at Massage Envy Franchising are sorry that this has been your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. As a whole, we believe franchisees take the commitment to safety very seriously. We will certainly share your feedback with the franchisee.
Is an astounding environment.
It s a great environment to be a part of. Our employers work hard to make sure all employees are happy and satisfied with everything.I would recommend this job to everyone.
Mix & Match
It is one of those jobs that you appreciate because of the regular clientele, but cannot survive off because of what really happens behind closed doors.
May 21, 2020
We at Massage Envy Franchising are disappointed that you did not have a positive experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience that each provides is unique. Nonetheless, as a whole we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees. We're disappointed to hear that you didn't feel the brand promise delivered. We'll pass your feedback along to the regional leadership.
Highway Robbery
I worked at the Bartram location for nearly 10yr starting in 2005. I walked out in 2015 making the SAME BASE pay that I was started with TEN YR PRIOR. Albeit my clients tipped me well the culture of this location caters to an extremely greedy, self centered, bottom of the barrel cheap owner whose personality was very condescending, belittling and downright mean.
A typical day you work like a sweat shop cattling in guests and sending them out as swiftly as they were wrangled in. Front desk regularly made scheduling mistakes, overbooking, not charging cancellations properly, commonly dealt with payroll errors, no health insurance or adequate vacation pay. Your job always felt unsecured with threats of not making proper quota/numbers from management. The turnover rate was ridiculous with front desk/therapists/management. I honestly can say in my10yr there I guarantee Atleast 100 therapist came and went for a myriad of reasons.

Gossip wasn't controlled properly with management being the culprit at times and the list could go on.

Not to mention guests regularly got screwed with wrong charges, last minute cancellations on the clinic part, not booked with the correct therapist, losing prepaid sessions if they werent used up by the end of the term . . the list just GOES ON.

Bottom line, do NOT waste your time at a business that offers no benefits such as a raise every TEN years, not employee friendly and has extremely poor business ethics.

It's a great place to learn the ropes after school, build your talents and set career goals for the future. Beyond that, it is NOT long-term
 - more...
Pros
Great to start in the field since you stay busy as h*ll
Cons
You WILL stay busy but with no raises or benefits you have no incentive to stay
May 21, 2020
We at Massage Envy Franchising are disappointed that you did not have a positive experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience--including compensation and pay structure--varies from one franchised location to another. As a whole, we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we recognize that you didn't feel that promise delivered. We'll certainly share your feedback with the franchisee.
Positive Environment
This company is based of health, wellness and pain management. All clients are treated with the up most respect and greeted at the oor everytime. you can't help but feel good when you leave
Pros
Free massage
May 20, 2020
Massage Envy Franchising thanks you for your positive review.
Great crew of massage therapist and front desk workers.
A typical day at work was answering phone calls and answering them with purpose. Helping guests getting checked in and out. Sales pitching first time guests and explaining the benefits that the membership had to offer. Maintain professional conversations as well maintain the lobby appearance. I learned many things about the different types of massages as wells as the different pressures guest prefer. The management was always someone new each month so it was difficult to keep up sometimes, just as well as the front desk staff, they struggled to fill spots. The hardest part of the day is when your trying to sales pitch a guest but the lobby is just so busy at the hour or half. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and gets discounts on massages.
May 19, 2020
On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for your positive review and for sharing this feedback.
fantastic
love it great place to work. They really take care of us employees there. We have a family like atmosphere. They promote wellness for staff and various forms of self care. We are not just another body there working. They truly care about us. Our Manager does an excellent job with our staff and store. She makes sure customers and staff have a great experience there!
May 19, 2020
On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for your positive review. We're thrilled to hear that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location has been a positive one. Thanks again!
Be careful
Lots of behind-the-scenes scheming by ownership and Regional management. Not at all trustworthy or appreciative of even the most committed employees.
Shady, dishonest, and willing to lose stellar employees to save face.
May 20, 2020
We at Massage Envy Franchising are sorry that this has been your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. As a whole, we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we recognize that you didn't feel that promise delivered. We'll certainly share your feedback with the franchisee.
Awful!!
Do not ever work for massage envy in seal beach or Long Beach town center ! The owner never pays you on the day you are supposed to be paid ! Facial equipment is either broken or there are not enough for all the esthetician’s to service clients ! When you are generally sick you are asked to bring in a doctors note like it’s a school, omg ! The list goes on and on !! Don’t do it ! #yourwelcome
May 18, 2020
On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location didn't leave you with a positive impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. As a whole, we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we recognize that you didn't feel that promise delivered. We'll pass your feedback along to the regional leadership for your area.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Envy. Our community is ready to answer.
1.2K
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight