Massage Envy Employee Reviews

Found 4,161 reviews matching the search See all 4,166 reviews
Poor Hours
Skin Care Therapist (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CANovember 20, 2018
This company do not pay as they offer they would, very unprofessional, no room for grow or advance, bad management, poor customer service. I worked here for about 3 years and I always did my best for the clients.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor Management
November 20, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location left you with a negative impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. As a whole, we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we recognize that you didn't feel that promise delivered. We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CANovember 19, 2018
They had a lot of down time, it would pick up more so when the clients was checking-in or out for their services. You really get to build relationships with clients and guest and they get to know you and its a really great working relationship.
November 20, 2018

Massage Envy Franchising thanks you for your positive review. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

In the Massage Setting I have performed my best work
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PANovember 19, 2018
A very positive work experience, which has vacillated from one location to another, this experience has allowed me to grow in ways I can express in my excelling methods...
November 20, 2018

Thank you for your review. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Ready Set Go
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCNovember 19, 2018
Massage Envy is a high paced place to work. The owner in Winston Salem is really caring and supportive of the staff. The pace is very quick not much down-time in between. But overall working there you will find that you are on a team.
Pros
Always had clients
Cons
Not enough time in between clients to regroup
November 20, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're thrilled to hear that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location was a positive one. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CANovember 16, 2018
I thought working here would open doors for me, for I wanted to be an esthetician. after working this job, it completely discouraged me from doing what I wanted to do. the people I worked with were friendly but management was just something else. I would get complaints on the phone from almost everyone of the clients, wanting to cancel their membership, I would transfer them to management and it would feel like they wouldnt do absolutely anything or answer their phone calls from clients! i would get the same phone call the next hour or next day and still nothing. they pushed and pushed on memberships on people that did not need nor want them! after the client would say no to the membership, the employees would stop caring for that person and they’re services. felt like all they were there for was the commission. terrible customer service through a clients eyes and employees eyes.
November 19, 2018

We at Massage Envy Franchising are disappointed that you did not have a positive experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience that each provides is unique. We'll share this feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to share any additional details with us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll gladly pass them along as well.

Horrible
Certified Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDNovember 15, 2018
I worked at Massage Envy and would not go back no matter how much they paid. They are more worried about making money than anything else. I liked it when i first started but that changed very quickly.
November 16, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location left you with a negative impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience that each provides is unique.We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

ME is my massage family
Massage Therapist, Lead Liaison (Current Employee) –  Chester, NJNovember 15, 2018
All ME locations vary based on management and clientele. ME Chester is a great work experience on both counts. Additionally, both the therapist staff and the front desk crew are wonderful people who work together to make life better for everyone.
Pros
mostly everything
Cons
You only get paid when you have clients, but that's massage.
November 16, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing your positive review! We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Slow
Licensed Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 14, 2018
As an Esthetician, business is slow. Typical days there are about 2-3 clients, somedays 0-1. On the weekends there is about an average of 4-5 clients on Saturday and Sundays. Pay is minimum wage plus tips IF you don't have a fully booked schedule. Could not make enough money to support a living on my own. IF you are a naturally good salesperson there is potential.
Pros
Nice Environment
Cons
Bad management, low pay
November 16, 2018

We at Massage Envy Franchising are disappointed that you did not have a positive experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for the Chandler area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

Rough franchise owner
Clinic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC 28314November 14, 2018
The franchise owner was a very difficult man to work for. There was no enthusiasm in the Work place. Teamwork was severely lacking. Work/life balance was a struggle
November 16, 2018

We at Massage Envy Franchising are disappointed that you did not have a positive experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. As a whole, we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we recognize that you didn't feel that promise delivered. We'll share this feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to share any additional details with us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll gladly pass them along as well.

no room to grow
Assistant Clinic Administrator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 14, 2018
This is an entry level company with no room to grow or gain experience. Management is not reliable, very high turnover rate, benefits offered at unaffordable rates.
November 16, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location didn't leave you with a positive impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience that each provides is unique. As a whole, we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we recognize that you didn't feel that promise delivered. We'd be happy to pass your review along to the regional leadership in your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details about the franchised location where you worked to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll certainly share your feedback.

Good management/team work place culture
Assistant Business Manager & Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 13, 2018
My job entailed a lot of multi tasking. I learned how sales worked well enough to train new employees. I also assisted the Business Manager in maintaining client's membership accounts. Whenever the Business Manager wasn't there I was acting manager on duty for the service providers and front staff employees. The job can be fast paced and stressful because of all of the tasks and people you might need to attend to at he same time .
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
The pay could better, and there isn't enough front staff

Great Place Under Right Franchisee
General Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 13, 2018
I've met some amazing people working with Massage Envy and they do provide a wonderful service. Unfortunately over the years their values have changed. They are more interested in what the company gets not what the clients needs are.
November 14, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Job satisfaction
Licensed/Certified Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 13, 2018
Enjoyed assisting individuals in overall physical well-being. Was able to dictate my own schedule and take time off as needed. Management in specific locations was lacking (not educated).
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
poor management

poor managment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTNovember 11, 2018
I worked at two locations in my city. I had never had a receptionist job before this one. I learned a lot the first location I was at. The only downfall to that location was how immature the manager acted when she didn't get her way. I was switched locations because I could get more hours over there. In the beginning I loved it. When I wasn't getting membership sales my hours were cut in half. The manager lied to me and said it was because she had to give everyone hours. I was the only one with less than 20 hours a week. So many clients yelled at me because the manager would never give them a call back if they had a problem. The manager never cared about taking care of current clients just getting new ones and new memberships. So more money. When I mentioned about quitting my manager said they'd just fire me and not worry about 2 weeks. Basically just so there turn over rate wouldn't look bad. The owners were amazing, I just wish they were there to witness how the manager really acted when they weren't around.
Pros
Pay, amazing massage therapists, getting massages half off as an employee
Cons
push too much for memberships, dont care about current clients, unprofessional managment
November 16, 2018

We at Massage Envy Franchising are disappointed that you did not have a positive experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. As a whole, we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we recognize that you didn't feel that promise delivered. We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for the St. George area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

Fun work environment
Lead Wellness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FL 33991November 11, 2018
A typical day of work consists of checking clients in and out for appointments, selling memberships and products, keeping the clinic organized, and updating client information. I've gained valuable customer service and sales experience by working closely with management.

Great company
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILNovember 9, 2018
Massage Envy is a fantastic company to be a part of. They are a growing franchise that will continue to offer the best services to the people of America.
November 12, 2018

Thank you for your review. If you'd like to share any additional feedback to be passed along to regional leadership in your area, please feel free to send via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com.

Good
Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Woodlands, TXNovember 9, 2018
A great place to start off learning about the esthetician world and to gain experience. You have to count on the front desk to book you because you won't get paid if your not in session.
November 12, 2018

Thank you for your review. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience that each provides is unique. If you'd like to share any additional feedback to be passed along to regional leadership in your area, please feel free to send via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com.

It's a good job for college students
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  La Cañada Flintridge, CANovember 9, 2018
I would say this job is good for college students because the hours are pretty flexible. The company usually hires for part-time positions only unless you're a manager. It worked with my schedule because I was going to school full-time. A typical day at work would be face-to-face interactions with clients checking in and out of the clinic. You are also on the phone a lot booking appointments and recommending therapists or estheticians. It's a lot of administrative work and very minimal cleaning.
Pros
free service every month
Cons
short breaks, management, lack of advancement
November 9, 2018

Thank you for your review. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience that each provides is unique. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

apply yourself
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 8, 2018
Get the experience you need from them then move on. Great place to get your experience and get to know the market and Also meeting a lot of genuine client that's gonna stay your client forever
November 9, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. If you'd like to share any additional feedback to be passed along to regional leadership in your area, please feel free to send via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com.

Sales Motivated
Jr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 8, 2018
Massage Envy Brickell taught me the value of sales and self motivation. The insensitive that they give the employees motivates them to do better and really achieve their own sales and personal goals.
November 14, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Envy. Our community is ready to answer.

41K
31K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight