Massage Envy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 3,625 reviews matching the search See all 3,629 reviews
Good for a Temporary First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALAugust 18, 2018
It can be good for something temporary while in school or until you find a better job as long as you just block out all the drama constantly going on but people rarely last here.
Cons
Short Breaks, Management
Terrible.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 17, 2018
I really enjoyed this job. It very easy and was stress free. The only problem was the location I was at (Anthem). Management is terrible, favoritism, poor pay, drama and the schedule is always fluctuating. Stuff is always changing without anyone but the manager knowing. The manager always has excuses for everything that’s didn’t get done. Management had no communication at all. Management micromanages you whether your a therapist, esthetician, or front desk. I honestly couldn’t stand when the owner was in the spa for that reason. Front desk did way to much work for the amount they pay an hour. This place is like high school. Full of pointless drama with management. You could only take so much before quitting. This location can’t keep a steady front desk and really needs to start making changes if they want people to stay. I really wished I had a different experience or worked at a different location because of how much I enjoyed working at a massage envy.
Pros
Cons
Pay, management, drama
okayish
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 17, 2018
great if in school, if you cant sell dont waste your time. management has changed three times in a two year period. good discounts on products. over all ok
August 17, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. If you'd like to share any additional feedback to be passed along to regional leadership in your area, please feel free to send via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com.

Fast and Furious
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 16, 2018
Factory like environment. Hard to make connection with clients when they stack your appointments one after another. The location was run as best as possible but lacked proper upkeep.
Better be good at sucking up.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 16, 2018
If you're good at sucking up to management then you'll have no problem working for ME Pensacola. If not then it will be cutthroat for you the entire time. As far as pay goes whatever you got hired in at then thats what you'll probably stay at for the entire time you're there unless you start sucking up bad.
The job was good but the management was difficult
Temp Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 16, 2018
The job was very relaxing it sometimes and challenging at other times. The job wasn't very hard but customer service has its ups and downs. I learned very fast but had some trouble because the management didn't always find the time to train me so I had to train myself in a lot of places. I like the job and being there and meeting new people and learning new things. Management didn't really seem to want to help when employees would struggle with things. Employees were left to do on a things on their own without a list of things to be completed. Some days are overwhelming and there was no supervisor on the floor to help handle situations. A co-worker ran out crying in the middle of training me one day because it became overwhelming for her.
Relaxing
Front Desk Associate & Hostess (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33403August 15, 2018
Very nice place to work at with a constant flow of people to help the day go by faster. I was surrounded by a great team and we all shared one goal while at wok.
August 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

productive
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 15, 2018
collaborative environment, easy to learn new skills, nonjudgemental. Flexible working hours and schedules. Diverse work group that promote the product

Me
Front Desk Associate-Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 15, 2018
Best benefit would be the 60 minutes sessions every month. The location is also great. The location is new development with people of all ages to enjoy.

A consistent, reliable job
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 14, 2018
I've worked for a total of almost three years at a couple of different ME locations. I started with them fresh out of school, and found it to be very consistent, and it didn't take long at all for me to gain a regular clientele. I moved away, and worked for a chiropractor's office, until my most recent move, where I decided to return to the company looking for the same stability in a new area. However, the pay per massage hour is much lower than some other clinics, spas, and offices have to offer. The schedule is also typically demanding, requiring mandatory evening and weekend hours, within your own availability.
Pros
Positive and busy environment
Cons
Some difficulty with work/life balance, Lower than average wage
August 15, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Tranquil Environment with high sales demand
Junior Clinic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOAugust 14, 2018
Working for massage envy has been one of my favorite jobs. It can be a very calm environment despite the phones. The job itself is easy. It does require a lot of problem solving skills for front desk and management. There is a lot of information to learn and if trained properly one can expect to succeed. Simply building relationships with clients and guests.
Pros
Tranquil environment, great discounts
Cons
disgruntled guests, poor management, constantly changing promotions
August 15, 2018

Not enough hours, deceptive training rules
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 14, 2018
Massage Envy claims to offer certain free training, with no caveats, but would not let me complete my hot stone training until I made sales with a completely unrelated modality that they were trying to push at the time.

Male therapists will likely not get the hours they need to break even, and I typically experienced less than 5 non-repeat clients a week. Many hours of sitting around and waiting while not getting paid.
August 15, 2018

We at Massage Envy Franchising are sorry that this has been your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. We'll share this feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to share any additional details with us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll gladly pass them along as well.

Much room for advancement
Clinic Administrator (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAAugust 13, 2018
I worked with them for 7+ years and personally loved it. It was a great place to learn and grow. It always kept me busy and I enjoyed the people I worked with.
August 14, 2018

Massage Envy Franchising thanks you for your positive review. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

A place to grow.
Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Savoy, ILAugust 13, 2018
I was hired as an Esthetician in May of this year. I have had great experiences learning with this job. The Murad cluster classes are wonderful and fun to attend. I have learned Pca chem peels and microderm infusion. My manager is very supportive and encouraging. The owner of the spa is professional and hardworking. I love the beautiful treatment rooms. My coworkers are sweet and helpful. The pay countinues to increase each time. My checks have grown and my client list is growing. I’m thrilled to be on the massage envy team.
Pros
Free education, great products, wonderful treatment guides, hands on learning with product reps, peaceful music, helping people look and feel their bests.

Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLAugust 11, 2018
If you stay your compensation goes up and you have an easy no stress job.
Time off when needed is easy if you plan ahead
Management does not micromanage
Paid time off after a year
Benefits offered at 25hours
Pros
Benefits offered at 25 hours
Cons
Low pay to start
August 14, 2018

Thank you for your review. We're thrilled to hear that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location is a positive one.We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Run away
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 11, 2018
It's ok for a someone just getting out of school needing to get experience. Other than that run away. Pay is not worth it. A lot of drama llamas to keep things going.
August 14, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location left you with a negative impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. Nonetheless, as a whole we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees. We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

el ambiente es malo
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  South Beach, FLAugust 10, 2018
El peor lugar para trabajar es massage envy específicamente en south beach, el bueno se creo coca cola del desierto ,el salario es horrendo ,solo es un lugar que sirve para coger experiencia después de salir de la escuela,no recomiendo este lugar a nadie, los trabajadores ahí no importa .
Pros
buen lugar para coger experiencia
Cons
mal salario, no hay repeto
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAAugust 9, 2018
Overall I enjoy working at Massage Envy. The managers are helpful and do what they can to address any issues that arise. I really enjoy being able to help my clients.
August 11, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing your positive review! We're thrilled to hear that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location is a positive one. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Excellent culture
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILAugust 9, 2018
I loved my time with Massage Envy. I grew as a therapist and learned a lot about customer service. I wish there was more promotion from within. A Therapist would make an excellent Clinic Administrator, but my location would never advance any therapists to that position.
Pros
Supportive co workers
Cons
Not much advancement opportunity

No clients.No money.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mobile,AlAugust 9, 2018
Don't work for this corporation.You will have to work 7 days a week to make a decent income.Everyone working there is struggling financially.If you aren't booked you will not get paid.You are also required to stay just incase a client books but are not compensated for your time.It's a horrible system.New grads are hired even when current employees are not booked.There is favortism and jealously if you make more than the leads.I encourage new grads to not get stuck in this cycle.Once you get experience seek a better opportunity.This place will have you in a financial crisis.
Pros
Free supplies if they don't run out.
Cons
No clients.No pay.
August 11, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location left you with a negative impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience--including compensation and pay structure--varies from one franchised location to another. That said, all franchisees are subject to minimum wage requirements. We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Envy. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss