Massage Envy Employee Reviews

Found 4,663 reviews matching the search See all 4,672 reviews
Would Not Recommend Working Here At All
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 21, 2019
We started with a great team, but many quit due to not being paid properly. Management is shady and plays favorites. Management is lazy. If you don't sell memberships then no raise. Everything is about money. Selling memberships, selling products, selling gift cards, no one gets recognized for the things we do outside of sales. The job is all about money, that’s all they care about.

Extremely poor communication between all employees. No owner support, and managers are mad to answer any question and flustered to deal with any customer issue.
I don't feel like management or the owners care for us as employees.

This place is going down-hill & I'm about to jump ship myself.
Pros
free massage, somewhat flexible scheduling
Cons
short breaks, no paid time off, bad benefits, no opportunity for advancement, low pay and bonuses, being unappreciated and talked down to by management and owners
Awful place to work
Licensed Massage Therapist, Front desk (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 21, 2019
I have worked at 2 massage Envy’s, that being said it’s definitely a corporation. They give you horrible pay for the amount of work they expect you to do. There isn’t a whole lot of advancements at massage envy unless you strive to be a shift lead. All in all the company doesn’t care about their therapists and don’t care about having a rotating door when it comes to the turn over rate.
Pros
Partly get to chose your schedule
Cons
Pay, they care little about their employees
Low pay, no benefits
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 21, 2019
I worked there for 2 years. I never made more than $16 hr. No benefits. Your raise depends on how many member signups and inhancement services you sell, but we're not allowed to pitch. So if front desk attendant can't get them to become a member, you get no raise. I only ever got one raise, which I had to fight for. You have to burn yourself out, doing 6-8 massages a day to make a decent living here. They don't care about their workers, only about money. They expect you to be there, even if your not booked, which they don't pay you for. The people doing the booking show alot of favoritism. No shows and last minute cancellations are sometimes charged, but most often they are not charged , therefore the therapist gets paid nothing. Even if they signed an agreement. I can go on and on...
Opportunity to grow, fun and learn new things
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJune 21, 2019
I worked for the company for some years and loved what I’ve learned as well as how much I grew with the company in little time! Was definitely a great experience and would recommend not only employment, but guest to take advantage of the services they have to offer.
Pros
Free monthly massage, discounts on retail
Management and employee relationships
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJune 21, 2019
In my experience management is approahable and easy to talk to. They are understanding and work with you to create and well balanced work home life ratio.
Pros
Great work enviroment and opportunity for growth
Cons
Only 30 min lunch breaks
June 24, 2019

Thank you for your review. As a whole, franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we're so happy to hear that you're experiencing that promise delivered in your franchised location. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Plenty of underappreciated work for meager pay and no benefits.
Licensed Massage Therapist, Employee (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 21, 2019
No right of refusal. No recourse when clients are demanding or obnoxious. Regulars favored while their inappropriate behaviors are minimized & ignored.
Pros
Plenty of work and loyal clients.
Cons
Short breaks, no right of refusal, no benefits, no protection from obsessive, demanding and entitled clients, no future
Great staff and amazing environment!
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 21, 2019
Loved working with the amazing staff everyday and always be productive and top of everything. The vide and energy was amazing like my second family to me.
June 24, 2019

Massage Envy Franchising thanks you for your positive review. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

Great place
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 21, 2019
Great people to work with. Amazing manger! Enjoyed being able to walk into work stress free and walk out the same way. Love the guidelines and policies and procedures that are put in place Makes job simple and streamlined.
June 24, 2019

Easy work but constantly being pushed to sell memberships regardless of what new guests say/want
Front Desk Lead (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 20, 2019
It’s very easy work but management is so pushy with memberships. I get it’s how they make money but not everyone can afford to do a whole year of those payments. Sometimes people only want to use the gift card that someone else got for them.
June 24, 2019

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

not worth it
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJune 19, 2019
It's an ok job, but you stand a lot and only have 1 thirty minute break. Have to sell memberships even though most people just come in for a one time massage or facial. Then you don't meet membership goals, you have the manager and owner down your throat.
June 24, 2019

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location left you with a negative impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. We'll certainly share your feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll be happy to pass them along.

Always given busy work, booked appointments, customer service.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXJune 19, 2019
Management here isn’t the best, the schedule is unfair. I was available 4-5 days a week and was only put on the schedule 1-2 days a week at the rate of $9 an hour. Front Desk handled every situation in the clinic and it was very stressful. For the amount of work and selling I had to do, I felt like my determination and effort for this job was worth more than $9 an hour 1-2 days a week.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, 15 minuet lunch break.
June 24, 2019

Management is better than average
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 19, 2019
Massage Envy as a whole is not a great company. You are worked to death and not offered any paid time off. You have to work a minimum of 30 hours for benefits which, as a service provider is A LOT! I'm pretty sure the company as well as the franchisee make quite a bit of money but they pay the bare minimum. I'd steer clear if possible.
June 24, 2019

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location didn't leave you with a positive impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience--including compensation and pay structure--varies from one franchised location to another. As a whole, we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we recognize that you didn't feel that promise delivered. We'll share this feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to share any additional details with us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll gladly pass them along as well.

Stressful
Clinic Administrator (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJune 18, 2019
There is great deal of turnover, so keeping the front desk staffed is a full time job on its own. Also balancing client relations and therapist relations is difficult balancing act.
June 24, 2019

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. If you'd like to share any additional feedback to be passed along to regional leadership in your area, please feel free to send via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com.

Just a stepping stone
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 18, 2019
Massage envy is a good start if you’re getting back into Massage Therapy but I would not recommend it for the long run. Going into this position I was told whatever would make me accept the job and had to find the truth out the hard way on my own. Management is very poor and they seem to hurt heads a lot always trying to one-up one another. The pay is minimum wage if you’re not booked which is not doable when you have bills and a mortgage to pay. The only great thing I would say about working here is the discounts off services and flexible schedule.
June 24, 2019

We at Massage Envy Franchising are sorry that this has been your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience--including compensation and pay structure--varies from one franchised location to another. As a whole, we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we recognize that you didn't feel that promise delivered. We'll share this feedback with the regional leadership for the Scottsdale area. If you'd like to share any additional details with us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll gladly pass them along as well.

productive
FRONT DESK SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 17, 2019
Learned a lot, the team was great, but I think management is not strong enough, maybe because of owners. Payment is higher than other hotels. The biggest problem, very limited career rise.
June 24, 2019

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. If there are any specific details you’d like to provide about your experience in the franchised location where you worked, please feel free to send to us at meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com we’d be happy to share it with the regional leadership in your area.

Productive work place
massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 17, 2019
Management was alright but policies and procedures need to be changed for the better. A clearer understanding of their zero tolerance policy is highly recommended.
Good place to work. But I’m seeking a New Career.Every
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NC 28601June 17, 2019
Every job has it’s pros and cons. I’m seeking a New Career Path. I have done
Massage work do 11 years. It’s very strenuous job. I’m searching for a new
Career path and have the knowledge to pursue it. With Associates in Paralegal and also IT.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Don’t work. Don’t get paid.
Hated it
Receptionist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 17, 2019
I liked the work itself, and the quiet atmosphere of the office. The manger was terrible and never in the office, when customers threatened to call corporate we would encourage them to. Very catty office, would not reccomend.
June 24, 2019

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, our apologies that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location didn't leave you with a positive impression. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience varies from one franchised location to another. We'll share this feedback with the regional leadership for your area. If you'd like to share any additional details with us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll gladly pass them along as well.

Steady work and reliable paycheck
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 16, 2019
It's a good place to work if you like a steady and reliable schedule. Culture varies at each location, as well as pay. Also, a very good environment to start out of school to learn and hone your craft.

DO NOT Work here
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 16, 2019
Do not work for a corporate place like envy or heights. They lie about pay. base pay is $8 per hour commission is $15. I made commission once. The costumers tip bad also.
Pros
endless clients
Cons
pay, type of clients, etc
June 24, 2019

We at Massage Envy Franchising are disappointed that you did not have a positive experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience--including compensation and pay structure--varies from one franchised location to another. As a whole, we believe franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their employees and we recognize that you didn't feel that promise delivered. We'd be happy to pass your review along to the regional leadership in your area. If you'd like to provide some additional details about the franchised location where you worked to us via email to meemployeebrand@massageenvy.com, we'll certainly share your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Envy. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41.1K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight