Massanutten Resort Employee Reviews

A great start job
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  McGaheysville, VAOctober 20, 2019
Honestly, the best place to start for your first job. Helps you get ready for more stressful jobs and what to expect. I went there for a seasonal job and it really helped me be prepared when I left.
Fun Workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Elkton, VAOctober 16, 2019
Gained a lot of valuable experience and team-building exercises. The management makes it a fun place to be involved in, and daily emergency training was very effective.
great staff, fun job
Video Editor (Former Employee) –  McGaheysville, VASeptember 27, 2019
I worked remotely with this company and that was a great experience. I was able to set my own work hours and work with the staff and intern. It was an interesting experience because I had never worked remotely before so it was a new learning experience. A typical day was editing the videos that each intern would send me. We would work as a team with them giving me critiques. Even though I worked remotely the staff made me feel welcome.
Pros
great communication
Massanutten resort
Selling timeshare (Former Employee) –  McGaheysville, VASeptember 21, 2019
I am so thankful to have experienced and met the people I did through massanutten. This job taught me a lot at a young age, I am so thankful I was given the opportunity to work there and be a part of one of the most high pressure sales job.
fast-paced
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VASeptember 12, 2019
great management- friendly staff. excellent work hours and flexibility. Fast-paced job. Good discounts for food and use of resort facility. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
discounts.
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyable place to work while improving my customer service skills.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McGaheysville, VASeptember 2, 2019
Worked in the two different retail stores on the resort.
Operated the cash register, helped customers with fishing and hunting licensure, and kept the stores organized.
Refined interpersonal customer service skills.
Horrible place to work
Inspector (Current Employee) –  HousekeepingAugust 17, 2019
Horrible place to work. Management expects you to do the job of 2 people, and when your job isnt done, they complain. Favoritism is rampant. Certain employees can curse out supervisors and managers and nothing is said. I would not recommend working in the hotel housekeeping department. I'm currently looking for a new job.
Horrible
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Massanutten, VAAugust 9, 2019
I turned in my two weeks notice, and the manager lost it and I found out HR terminated me by not showing up. When I explained what happened they told me to write a letter. They reviewed and still sided with them because no paperwork was on file. I worked all the shifts and came in till my two weeks was over.
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  McGaheysville, VAJuly 30, 2019
Long hours during the summer and holidays along with many bonus . Wish they would keep that year around . Great company for younger adults. I learned how to clean very well.
Money Resort
Ticket Sales (Former Employee) –  Massanutten, VAJuly 16, 2019
Management is only worried about making money, employees are just a number. No room for advancement, management doesn't want to have to replace you if you are good at what you do.
great pay, and many benefits
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 11, 2019
the pay is great and as a part time you dont get benefits but as a full time you do, and the benefits are good. they even have a retirement play for when youre ready to retire
Great enviornment great people
sales representative (Former Employee) –  McGaheysville, VAMay 21, 2019
Great place to work. Really loved it. Great meeting new people every day and seeing life through other people's eyes. Such a good work experiance and great if you are looking to be a salesman !
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Strict on attendance even if medical or family related incidents
Hardworking housekeeper
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  McGaheysville, VAApril 15, 2019
I love the hotel housekeeping here for many reasons, first of all, the hours are great for a part-time worker like me. This is my weekend side job and I enjoy being able to go in at 9am and be out by 3:30pm. Everyone you work with is nice and helpful! If you're not done with the amount of rooms you were assigned someone will help you so you don't have to worry about staying later than 3:30pm. You get two ten minute breaks and one thirty minute break since it can be tiring cleaning rooms for 6 hours straight. The view is beautiful, it's refreshing coming to Massanutten on my weekends. You can do almost any activity you want for free as an employee and you get great discounts for hotels if you would like to stay. We get paid weekly, make bonuses, and have the opportunity to make piece work if you're a fast and motivated cleaner.
Pros
Paid weekly, benefits, helpful, mostly independent work.
Cons
Can be exhausting during the summer time and holidays.
Toxic environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  McGaheysville, VAApril 5, 2019
I worked in the tour center. It was very high stress. That could have been handled if it hadn’t been for other factors. The atmosphere is toxic. Human Resources is a joke. If you value your sanity please don’t apply here.
Pros
Yearly party.
Cons
High stress, poor wages, No support from Human Resources.
Work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 1, 2019
Was a good place to work. No issues while I worked there. Pay should be increased for what the cleaners do. And staff appreciation should be put in place
Scenic place to work with little pay
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  McGaheysville, VAMarch 18, 2019
Enjoyed working with the public as well as working in such a scenic area near home was also great!! The pay wasn't that great but it was a seasonal position.
Fun work experience
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  McGaheysville, VAFebruary 14, 2019
Enjoyed the atmosphere there. The work was really tedious and simple. Would clean out lockers and i would meet and greet customers. Assist them if needed
Excelent place to work as a student
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Elkton, VAFebruary 5, 2019
Work there if you plan on working part time, don’t work by hour but by unit... if you work by units you amor more money but the only bad thing it’s that if you get really bad ones then you are most likely to go by hour
Pros
Getting paid by unit, breaks
Cons
No set time to get off
Productive job
Runner/Trainer (Former Employee) –  McGaheysville, VAJanuary 9, 2019
It was a very good and fun job, easy to make more money of what I makes...
But tired because used a lot forze of body..
Friendly coworkers.
Have to work every weekends..
Pros
Easy to make more money and good breaks
Cons
Tired job
Not a hard job by any means, but tedious
Busser (Former Employee) –  McGaheysville, VADecember 12, 2018
A typical day at work was alright, nothing hard, but tedious. The managers were nice, but some people in upper management we're not the best. The work was something that you need little to no experience to do. The best part of the job was when you had enough to do to keep you busy, but not enough to overwhelmed you. The hardest part of the job was when the restaurant was extremely busy, and everyone left at one time, and you had a million tables to clean. I learn how to clean tables really fast, and how to deal with customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massanutten Resort. Our community is ready to answer.