MASSASOIT COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Great school
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Main campus Brockton MAMay 29, 2018
Great school within the Massachusetts public higher education system, populated by administration, staff, and faculty who care about what they do. Coming from a private college, this was a really good transition into public higher education
Pros
Coworkers & students
Cons
Being an adjunct is always tenious
Friendly, good community
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 25, 2018
Most of the people here are very friendly and when available, they are flexible with scheduling and understanding work/life balance. However there isn't enough accountability in my opinion in many areas.
it`s was great experence work there for four year i learneded a lot
manteiner 2 (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 5, 2018
work around professor and students it`s wa great experence. i use to do set upm for events and brake down work for big event clean the school eare take care the building that i was asied to it.
Very Political Place to Work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 2, 2018
Very Political as re advancement and full-time work. You must know the someone on Board of Trustees to advance to even an administrative position. Other than this fact, working isn't so bad. As an adjunct instructor, I get to run my own classes and am only answerable to my Dept Head. There is plenty of opportunity to be creative in the way I present materials.
Pros
Nearby
Cons
No advancement opportunity unless "connected."
Needs a fresh start with more progressive thinkers in charge
Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 23, 2018
Administration is a bunch of older boring rich people who are stuck in the past, lazy, and do not appear motivated to support progressive student focused initiatives. Huge disconnect between students and faculty v. the administration. There is so much potential, yet too many lazy people in charge standing in the way. Increasing enrollments (the administrations focus) must start by giving the students and faculty a voice for change. If nothing changes, nothing changes...
Caring administration and student centered.
Adjunct - Humanities (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 5, 2018
Great place to work and provide quality education to all level of student abilities. As an adjunct, I worked directly with student services and supervisor. Had limited association with other departments.
Nice environment
Computer Assistant Tutor (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 1, 2018
Every day was different. You had busy days and you had slow days! It was a nice environment to work in because you met so many different students. Each student was unique.
Great Opportunity Once You Find YOUR Fit
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MANovember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working in my community and supporting the overall success and goals at MCC.

Each day was definitely different and unexpected.

I learned my strengths and overall value.

Very political culture = who you knew and were related to went far.

Hardest part was leaving the students not so much micromanaged supervisor and lazy culture.

Students by far were the most enjoyable and highlight aspect of each day.
Pros
Fun atmosphere and People
Cons
Politics, Hard to Move Around to Desired Locations
good career move if only temporary
SECRETARY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MANovember 7, 2017
although i was only there temporarily, i still manage to get familiar with everything at the school. i would seriously recommend to anyone who is looking into building up that needed resume
Exciting and Diverse Work Environment
Work Study Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MANovember 3, 2017
Massasoit Community College Works Study program is a fantastic way for students to balance class, life, and work in an effective way. Hours are flexible and management (Especially at Athletics) is fantastic. It's an exciting day every day and it couldn't be a more pleasant place to be.
Pros
Great Pay, Great People, Extrea hours during Spring/Winter break
Cons
Minimal Hours during semesters
fun place to work
Adjunct Faculty Professor (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJune 20, 2017
Great employees to work with.
Locally commuting is great!
I've known most of the faculty my entire job tenure and they are very committed to their students.
fun place to work
Administrative Assistant 1 (Former Employee) –  1 Massasoit Blvd Brockton , MA 02302June 13, 2017
a work day is about 7.5 hours, very diverse, extremely helpful advisers and counselors. Managements are great and helpful. Hardest job about my job is telling a student i cannot register them because of a pre-requisites course the student have not taken. I enjoy helping the students. i love what i do every day
Here is my opinion on massasoit community college
Work Study (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 3, 2017
I think this is a great community college that offers many opportunities for its students. Its work study program allows students like myself to balance a work and school life, and become familiar with the school campus and all it has to offer.
Great place to work, not a lot of money
Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 20, 2017
Spent my time working as a tutor helping students pass their classes. Love the job, but frequent budget cuts and low salary make it hard to make a living doing it. Management is great and the workplace culture is very friendly and easy going
Strong sense of community
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 12, 2017
The college really takes care of its own and tries to "keep it in the family" when possible. They do this by offering discounted classes to employees and promoting from within when possible.

Unfortunately, with the current economic climate there are some budget woes at the moment.
Pros
Community, dedication to the mission
Cons
State employees not working THAT hard, doesn't pay exceptionally
Meets Expectations
English Composition and Writing Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 10, 2017
Your time as a adjunct faculty at Massasoit is pendent upon what classes you are given.

The major drawback to this place and any other community college is the tenuous nature of the job. Once the semester is over, there is no guarantee that you will be selected to teach the subsequent semester. It all hinges upon the level of enrollment.
The ARC is a fine place to work!
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 6, 2017
Working for the Academic Resource Center at Massasoit Community College is a wonderful experience. Employees are given ample control of their workflow and administrators are very supportive. I would highly recommend anyone in need of flexible, part-time employment consider applying!
My review
Director (Current Employee) –  CanronMarch 29, 2017
A typical day of work consists of teaching students and completing the clinical internship placement. The culture at Massasoit Community College is excellent.
Has gone way down hill
Building Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 3, 2017
I can't take it any more!!! Within the last few years Massasoit has become a terrible place to work. The lies and incompetency are of the abundance.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Admin, Politics, Union Red tape.
This is a Follet position
Store Manager II (Former Employee) –  Massasoit, MAFebruary 23, 2017
I was the General Manager of 10 to 35 employees (depending on the season) This was my first position with Follett and I was promoted to UMass Boston from this position after only 1 1/2 years. The job taught me a lot and I made many beneficial changes to the established (inefficient) employee habits, store level policies and procedures while I was here, achieving my financial goal, thereby making money for my company and maximizing my own bonus
Pros
Good Salary and Benefits
Cons
Moral is low company-wide