Massey Services, Inc. Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

Family atmosphere, good management
B.I. Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2019
Great place to work. Management listens to their employees. Good benefits, PTO and 401K could be better. Overall good company with a family like atmosphere.
Cons
Not a lot of PTO
everTraining but noy judtice for opportunitys
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 28, 2019
Learning.

• Customer Service experience environmentally responsible services in new construction, Residential and Commercial Pest Prevention, Termite Protection.
• Building Long-Term, Trusting relationships with company Customers
• Telephone prospecting and appointment setting.
Pros
everTraining
Cons
not justice for evaluations
Poor upper management
Sales Inspector (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 5, 2019
Many great aspects of the company. Poor upper management for the area has a steady decline of business and makes most situations frustrating. Long hours required to be successful.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Great company to work for
Sales Inspector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2019
This was a very positive company to work for. I have nothing but great things to say about this company. That said, the company is great, but the pay is not great. Also it depends on the office you work in. Management in some locations are not as well maintained as other offices and that can affect your job.
No communication
Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 5, 2019
They promise to customer many things that we are not supposed to do just to make a sale, and the tech make no money, spend to much time in office making calls to customers, paperwork and no pay, they should give you the vehicle like other companies just a few employees can take them. Every month they add something new for you to do but they pay still the same. Service managers don't do what they are supposed to when they need to take care of a problem with a customer.
Benefits
Cons
To much waist of time, poor management
Not the greatest... But it's a paycheck
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 1, 2019
Not much positive to say other than the health benefits. Management are all micromanagers. No idea how to manage a team. Culture shifted negatively whe president started to take over a little more. They continue to do same errors over and over again. It's like a never ending cycle. They need a reality check.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Management, team work, culture
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2018
Good start point for someone interested in the pest control business. Great on-the job training and seminars, weekly meetings and yearly bonus. Friendly staff.
Pros
Good benefits, ok pay
Cons
N/a
Massey Services is a good company with a great reputation, however, they have a very high stress work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Answering phones, dictation, filing, copying, ordering and setting up lunches for management every day, tracking and ordering office supplies and kitchen supplies, mail, etc.
Poor communication. Disorganized.
Lead Developer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2018
From the IT side of things, there is a severe lack of organization, and virtually no attention paid to fine details. Live systems are regularly affected due to poor SOP. There is very poor communication from higher lever managers. Very inflexible schedule. This is a software developer's worst nightmare.
Hard work environment
Operations / General Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2018
The hours are long and the compensation is low. The benefits are great for a company this size. There is no work home mix, it is all work. Even when you are off work you are always on call with no compensation. The bonus structure is the worst I have ever seen. There is no communication from the corporate office to the service center.
Benefits
Cons
low pay, long hours, no pay for being on call, poor communication
You can do better than this company
Salles (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2018
Massey is a big company that, unless you're in management, pays little for the work that you do. You get no paid time off for six months and no vacation time for a year. In my case, when I did ask for time off, my boss would remind me that "others would need to pick up my slack". In sales, there is high turnover. Techs seem to last a little longer. Most people here have to work two jobs to get by. The only real upside is the benefits. They have decent benefits at a fair cost. It's just with the lower wages, the resulting take-home pay is tough to live on.
Pros
The people I worked with are hard working and decent, Good benefits.
Cons
The pay and stress. You'll need to work another job if you work here.
Best company I've heard of working for, period.
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  OrlandoMay 6, 2018
Work is well organized. You know what is expected of you and are given a plethora of tools to complete the work. Minimum expectations are set pretty low so it is very easy to attain what is expected of you.

They promote very heavily from within, and if you show initiative, you will be rewarded.

The benefits are outrageously good. 401K match, affordable Health care with a very low deductible.

Culture is focused around small service centers so everyone knows everyone in their territory and work together to accomplish goals and tasks.

The most enjoyable thing about this job is the people, they hire great candidates and almost never let anyone go. Very stable, growing company.
Pros
benefits, competitive wages, promotions
okay place to work
Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 13, 2018
very long hours most days, at least when I worked there. I started at 12% commission, current employees start at 14-16% so I am told. MANAGEMENT WILL WORK YOU TO YOUR GRAVE, but if you work hard you'll make good money. not for the lazy or weak.
id rather not
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 29, 2018
Worked with this company for three years in the building next to the founders son. Myself and others never met the guy. Empty promises and the motto of "greed is good" was prevalent. This place takes advantage of its workers mercilessly. I doubt any other the employees will enjoy a $1000 BONUS like Disney employees have/will.
Pros
Cons
pay
Not your average job
Irrigation Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2017
A typical day would be coming into work at 7am. Once you enter the door in the morning its almost an instant negative vibe you feel. I always disliked going to the office. After Leaving with our work trucks it wasn't as bad. Besides from the negative office atmosphere , this job has taught me to management my time on daily work task. Ive learned to keep inventory of my tools and equipment I was in charge of for the month. I would have to say the hardest part of my job was dealing with the office itself because the management was such a kiss butt to the staff that has been employed there for 10+ years. I felt as if I was mistreated just because the seniority was there. There is continuous bullying that goes on there and nothing is said, but I feel lie if certain ego's were checked from some employees the overall atmosphere would be a good environment to work in, but unfortunately the employees made my working experience horrible here. The most enjoyable part would have to had been the money!
Pros
bonus checks
Cons
Horrible employees/management
Family Friendly
CSS (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2017
The life and work balance is great- however there is little room for growth and everything is a lateral move. The benefits and pay is not competitive and it takes 10 years to reach 3 weeks of vacation where most jobs only take 5
Do not apply here
AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2017
I was hired at the corp office. What a joke. I was constantly told by my manager, "you need to learn to do things the Massey way." That means you will not do things the correct way, just the way Massey demands. This means inefficient, unethical, and unorganized. The people are nice enough, but there is no advancement, and offering a suggestion to possibly improve, will get you a chastising from management. Horrible culture.
Cons
process, culture
hope you like bugs
Sales Inspector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2017
This job is hard to do in the summer time in florida. you climb under houses and into attics to inspect the homes in long pants and long sleeve shirts.
N/a
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2017
Massey Services does provide good compensation, but your commission checks will never be correct and hardly paid to you on time. You will spend a minimum of 2 hours a week documenting, researching and correcting sales information to try to ensure you are compensated correctly.
Family oriented work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2017
* The most enjoyable part is the environment and coworkers.
* Willing to train and door-open policy for rehiring.
* Unfortunately certain positions have no room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massey Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8