Massey Services, Inc. Employee Reviews for Office Manager

Very stressful
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 28, 2019
I would run, and not even apply with this company!! They will use and abuse you to no end!! They do not care about their employees, they expect you to kill yourself to get everything done, and the lack of training is by far none!
Pros
Cons
everything
Office Staff Low Pay
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 5, 2018
For the amount of work, doesn't equal the pay. They limit you to 40 hr an no overtime. Can't get everything done in 40 hrs. there is no communication between management
Pros
company party
Cons
1 hr lunch break, lack of communication, limit hours
Love it to hate it
OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 11, 2018
Fast paced. Stressful at times. Love it at others. Great family corporation. pay for hourly team members is a little low compared to the same position in this area. Annual raises are small, however the benefits are amazing.
Pros
Great health insurance & benefits
Cons
Very stressful in management positions
Poor management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 20, 2018
Not enough training, customer complaints, no follow up, trying to get done in 40 hours a week but not allowing o/t when you needed it so you constantly stayed behind.
Pros
Monthly sales meeting. Got free donuts
Cons
At times not taking lunch, no breaks
massey
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 16, 2018
owner does not believe in promotion of women told upper management to keep their beautiful office manager in that position because they were good at it
Fast Paced Low Pay
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAApril 2, 2018
This is a very fast paced environment and increasing customer base and revenue is essential. If goals are not met all are held accountable but not much help is given when it is needed.
Pros
Good Working Relationships
Cons
Low Pay
Poor management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 29, 2018
Massey's offices are individually managed so the environment depends on the General Manager and staff for each office. My rating is only for the office I worked in as that is the only one with which I am familiar.
Fast Paced full work load with excellent culture
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2017
Massey is a service related company so the guys and girls who are techs and the GM/SM can be a bit crass in some centers but overall it is a great company to work for. They care about families, the community, their customers. The work load can be insane, and hourly employees are not allowed overtime, but they do not penalize you for walking away at the end of the day as long as you are doing your best.
Pros
Coworkers and family environment, great benefit
Cons
Heavy work load
Demanding and demoralizing
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 15, 2017
I was with this company for ten years and the entire I found the culture of upper management was to bully and intimidate those below them. It was not at all unusual for them to yell at employee's and intimidate by threatening your job future. I had several such supervisor's that I worked under that did this on a daily basis.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Poor management culture
Greowing company with room to grow
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 14, 2017
They are focused on employees. Good benefit package. Been so long since I worked that that I forgot what the vacation and other benefits were. They did have a good system of responding to employee questions.
Pros
One person office when I worked there
Cons
One person office when I worked there
Experienced and knowledgable business to work with.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLJune 13, 2015
Continuing my administrative career with Massey Services was exciting and gave me the opportunity to work for a reputable and knowledgeable company. Starting off as a receptionist with Massey, they made me feel welcome to the team and were able to answer any questions I might have had about my tasks. I was recognized very early on for my dedication, interest, and proficiency and was soon promoted to work under the office manager. As both the company and my knowledge of said company grew they quickly opened a new window for my career by offering me the position of office manager for an office newly opening. Throughout my time as an office manager I was able to better organize filing systems and make new changes to better assist my general manager. Upon approval of the regional manager, I was to train other OM's of this system and better educate on systems already in place.
Stay AWAY!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota and JacksonvilleSeptember 25, 2014
Expectations are unrealistic. Those on hourly basis are expected to do the work of 3 people in a 40 hour work week, many times extra hours were put in but not compensated, it was "hush, hush". They would try to doc your pay for things out of the employees control. In order to keep corporate and regional managers happy, we would be required to spend half of the day entering "fake" appointments and the rest of the day closing previous ones out. Not a very good work environment.
benefits
Cons
company management.
Don't do it!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 18, 2014
Very low compensation for responsibilities. Regional managers make promises just to appease you. As an office manager you do it all, a CSR may be in your office, but only on a temporary basis. Technology is frowned upon, submission of a lot of reports were excel based & payroll was paperwork & then faxed into corp, but oh! There's now an iPhone app. It's an old school men do it better mentality throughout the company all the way to the top. "The good ol boys"
All the problems are brushed under a rug so Mr. Massey isn't aware of all the downfalls within the company.
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Productive and fun working place
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAMarch 20, 2014
Taught me a lot of work ethnics. Great place to work. Enjoyable group of people to work with.
Pros
Learning experience
Great Company
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2013
I enjoyed working for this great company, it was wonderful working there.
Great oppertunity for growth
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 6, 2013
Made office manager within 6 months but too much politics and emphasis on sales
Pros
Cons
No backing of management
Office Mgr
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 29, 2013
Oversee the functions of the office and assist the general mgr.