Massey Services, Inc. Employee Reviews for Pest Control Technician

Great work environment with team concept
Commercial Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2019
This company has good work environment with team concept. Managers and supervisors were there to help and educate technicians. Provided employees with anything needed to get jobs done.
Pros
Benefits and Salary
Cons
Can have long days
Overworked no family work balance
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLApril 30, 2019
Management and corporate have a huge disconnect between the way they’d like to think gets done and reality. All the higher ups would rather tell you to just get it done than solve an issue the right way. High stress, put in a lot of hours so when you breakdown the money you make is really at like minimum wage. You work 6 days a week no matter if your work is done for your territory management will always say you’re behind.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, 6 days a week, you have bosses not leaders
Good people bad company
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GAApril 13, 2019
Overworked and underpaid. This company has no care for family life and employee wellbeing just about money. They will have you work every weekend if they can. They lie to costumers and give false promises the technician can not keep. Understanding this is a commission job but tell you unrealistic goals on the money you will make. A lot of free work is also a requirement of the job i.e stuff you make no money doing.
Benefits
Cons
Long work hours and lots of weekends.
Good place to start out with
Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 5, 2019
It was a decent place. First real job I had. Recieved 1 award the whole 4.5 years I was there. I would work there again just under different management. Pay was decent but not the best. Slow advancement in the workplace. Ridiculous hours and unreasonable requests. 401k was a saving grace for me.
Pros
401k, Dental, Medical, Paid vacation days, Christmas party, and company vehicle.
Cons
Long hours, poor management, pay was minimal, and not much time off.
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2018
Good start point for someone interested in the pest control business. Great on-the job training and seminars, weekly meetings and yearly bonus. Friendly staff.
Pros
Good benefits, ok pay
Cons
N/a
Stressful environment.
Pest Exterminator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 30, 2018
Management has poor skills and it is a very stressful environment. not enough techs so the techs they do have work long hours and saturdays. Management even got physical with employee.
Pros
could exterminate own home
Cons
bad management
Overall a great place to work.
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLJune 25, 2018
When it comes to Massery Services, the company has helped me develop greatly, my communication skills are much greater, It has made me more aware as to how to keep the customer content.
One of the worst jobs I've had
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Leander, TX 78641February 2, 2018
The manager had to be the worst I've ever worked for. You will work your butt off, it'll never be enough, and your paycheck will always disappoint....
Pros
Cons
the job itself is a con
pest technician
Pest Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 5, 2017
really long hours, learned the pest industry and customer service. the most enjoyable part is how you communicate with your customer and educate them.
Fun people, horrible management
Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAAugust 25, 2017
My coworkers were very nice and cool people but everybody at the "corporate" level was absolutely terrible. They treat you horribly and expect you to give up your entire life for no overtime. Nobody at that level cared about any issues I had with work or home life they just care about how much revenue you provide them. The regional manager is a complete joke and has no idea what he's doing. If they keep on treating people the way I was treated they'll end up sued. I hope they do. Stay away from this company.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Long hours, low pay, management has no idea what they're doing
hard workers are rewarded
Pest Technician (Current Employee) –  Odessa, FLAugust 14, 2017
the more work you perform, the more benefits you redeem! its a steady and secure job, seeing as pests are all year round in florida. it is hard work, but you pretty much work at your own pace and as i mentioned, hard work does indeed pay off. you have many sales opportunities and room to advance in the company. there is a lot to learn about the jobs and pests themselves, but once you get the hang of it, its a really good job
Pros
opportunity, hours, pay, company truck and gas card
Cons
working in heat and/or rain
Disgusting unethical business practices
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 11, 2017
Horrible...simply horrible. This company should be shut down. They will most likely be sued some day given how they treat they're employees. Management is a waste of human flesh.
Pros
Cons
Anything and everything possible
Learned alot
Sales/Pest Technician (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 8, 2017
The job is quite unique, not for everyone especially if you don't like being outside in the heat of the summer. Requires time management skills to make sure every customer is serviced throughout the month. Staff could use a lesson in organizational and detail ethics.
Pros
great benefits and being on the open road
Cons
management slacks, corporate drops the ball alot
Decent but Stressful
Sales Inspector/Pest Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 20, 2017
Working at Massey Services, Inc. was both rewarding and stressful. The workload was ever increasing. The pay off for hard work was seldom rewarding. I learned many things about chemicals, pest control applications and bug biology. The workplace culture was diverse but had a high turnover. The job requires medium physical activity, but the work is ever increasing. Meeting new people and creating good customer rapport was enjoyable.
Pros
Basic Benefits, Company Vehicle, Travel
Cons
Stressful Enviornment, Questionable Work Hours, Poor Managment
fast growing company
Pest Control Tech (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAJuly 3, 2016
mapping out daily assignments. quarterly pest duties as well as call backs for special situations. applied products to interior and exterior of home and kept detailed records.
Pros
worked on commission
Cons
area assigned was very large
On the road all day
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 18, 2016
On the road all day in a truck dealing with lots of chemicals. Fun job and relaxing especially only dealing with yourself and customers. Work at own pace and not be held back by co-workers. Management was nice and fun to be around. Hardest part of job was being in the heat/sun/rain/ and dealing with customers.
not a fun workplace
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2015
CoWorkers are hard worker but management is not fully trained, Working at massey is not fun It is a slave plantation. Managers are micro-managers and has no power to do anything. They themselves just do as they are told by corporate.
Pros
Great benefit
Cons
No family life and high turnover rate
Death trap
Pest Control Technician/ sales inspector (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLAugust 25, 2015
Do not work here, the apartment route is an underpaid overworked lifestyle, the residential routes consist of MANY non paid stops. You do work commission, so you ONLY get paid for regular services that you provide. You will be asked to work beyond the ability of what your suppose to do LEGALLY. This job is absolute garbage.
Pros
you work by yourself
Cons
everything else
Long Hours
Pest Technician (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAJuly 23, 2015
You will work long hours and deal with a diverse group of customers on a daily basis. Hours are long and there isn't much family time. Company vehicle provided.
I hated it.
Commercial Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, Naples, FLJune 7, 2015
Too much work for me to do in a month so I was taught how to fudge paperwork while learning the job. I did not have proper safety equipment. I had to put my family on hold, working up to 70 hours per week. I was good at the job. The day they asked if I wanted to go into Management training, I quit for another job at less money.
Pros
Health plan
Cons
Long hours, poor training, insufficient safety equipment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massey Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8