Massey Services, Inc. Employee Review

View all Massey Services, Inc. reviews

Caught Me Off Guard
Sales Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33603February 24, 2019
I really didn't realize how bad of a work situation I was in until I did this review. I wasn't looking to say anything against Massey as I was glad to have a job, but to be honest, the way they handle their employees is exactly why I want to do something different.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
No work life balance

Other Massey Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Cheap Cheap Cheap!
Office Manager/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2019
You get a .25 to .50 raise each year. After a year or two, new hires come on making more than you. Absolutely positively no overtime. I accidentally wrote 8 minutes overtime on my timecard and the assistant to the CEO contacted my Regional, my Regional contacted my GM, and my GM had me edit it immediately. The whole company freaked out. This is not an exaggeration. If you're a manager, you get invited to a yearly banquet in Orlando, all expenses paid for. Otherwise, the company has billions of dollars and spends nothing on the people that bust their butts for it. If you're trying to support a family, I recommend you put your skills to use elsewhere.
Pros
low health insurance
Cons
no overtime, low compensation
High expectations
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 16, 2019
You'll be lucky if you get trained properly. Extreme high expectations are placed on an office manager to do 12 hours worth of work in an 8 hour day; they will expect you to stay longer but if you exceed overtime then you will also get in trouble so you are essentially backed into a corner to make sure you get your work done within the 8 hours. While working I had to relocate which was a 45 minute to an hour drive so most days were 12 hour days for me as it's rare to actually take a lunch as an office manager. There are some good people that you work with which alleviates some stress. Nothing is ever finished at Massey, there will always be something they NEED you to do right then and there which isn't just one person and many; whether it's corporate, your general manager, service manager, or customer. This position would be perfect for a single woman with no kids or pets because Massey will become your life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massey Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8