MassMutual Financial Group Employee Reviews

Great place
Business Change Agent (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTNovember 20, 2018
MassMutual was a great place to work. I would go back in a second if I found the right fit for me. I had the great opportunity to learn about continuous improvement and root cause problem solving.
No place for advancement
New Business (Former Employee) –  South FloridaNovember 15, 2018
Supervisors are not great in mentoring or acknowledging good work; negative feedback is usually highlighted. Normal to good benefits; somewhat flexible. Low pay and no place for growth.
benefits
Cons
poor management
Limitless opportunities with moderate support
Registered Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2018
So far, I have enjoyed my time with MassMutual. There is a good amount of support when you need it on various levels. There are enough established professionals in the office that I have never had an issue finding one to make a phone call or go on an appointment with me.
Poor management
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingston, PANovember 14, 2018
It felt like a pyramid scheme. They want you to get 250 people closest to you and they will try to get their business, take majority of the commission, and forget about you.
don't work there
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 14, 2018
don't work there unless you don't want to make any money for the first 5 months unless you have already had a lot of experience in the field and already have a client base
Pros
flexible hours. I could work from home sometimes
Cons
everything else
love my job
CLIENT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTNovember 13, 2018
welcoming environment, lots of benefits, flexible hours and dress code, diverse culture. management is approachable and likeable. i enjoy what i do and being a employee with MassMutual.
In house training
Financial Services Professional (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VANovember 12, 2018
During a week, we have daily meeting in the morning and every Wednesday we have wholesalers visits and share with the group different new products and best practices
Do massive hires and acquisitions only to turn around and eliminate talented employees.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 9, 2018
Going thru outsourcing. Phasing out a large number of positions. There is currently no job security. Management keeps changing, constantly reorganizing, no consistency.
Great Company
Financial services Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 9, 2018
Great company to be with, offers wonderful opportunities for growth and learning. The individual must be a hard worker and goal orientated to succeed.
Pros
schedule and opportunity it gives.
Cons
all commision, its good for those who it works for.
glorified call center
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 5, 2018
not a good work culture or environment, high turnover. Even though you are licensed in insurance and/or investments the office is small and little opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Cons
no comment
I wouldn't go back
Financial Strategist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CANovember 3, 2018
If you value getting paid for your work, don't work here. I worked and sold products and never got paid, instead I ended up paying them because apparently they covered 0% of my health insurance.
Pros
Although tons of hours, I chose when I worked. Manager was nice/effective
Cons
Cut-throat sales environment
a good place to work
Cyber Security Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2018
they taught me a lot and helped me gain the experience that i need to succeed in the workplace. I had time tpo use the tools that are used in many different companies and i feel that will help me attain a job once i graduate
Fair company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 29, 2018
Very flexible hours. Great people to work for. Managers listen to you. They offer class to take to advance your placement and computer skills in there company.
Poor Work Culture
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTOctober 29, 2018
MassMutual needs improvement when it comes to work culture and environment. Due to recent instability, the overall social feel lacks positivity, which is unfortunate.
Good workplace for people with connections
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 28, 2018
I learned a lot about financial services including, but not limited to: life insurance, disability insurance, fixed and variable annuities, long-term care insurance, investments, and group benefits, including 401k/403b retirement plans.

A typical day at work would consist of meeting with prospects and/or clients or trying to book meeting with prospects and/or clients. Other daily tasks include running illustrations/proposals for aforementioned products. Meetings for training and development.

Workplace culture is good. Friendly and helpful staff.
Overall Management is fantastic, local management is hit or miss.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making a direct impact on the financial well-being of the people you interact with.
Pros
write your own schedule
Cons
very limited help with obtaining prospects/clients and starting up
N/a
Project Manager/Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 26, 2018
I do not prefer to complete this section. If you require a 150 minimum required characters. I will happily type until I reach this number. Thank you for understanding.
Intern at Mass Mutual
Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 25, 2018
Dealt with RedTail Acitivites
Learned how to stay on task
Learned to work in a confident environment
Hardest part was staying busy as an intern after I got all my work done
Did a lot of paperwork for former clients
Pros
Free lunches, great work place, very relaxed
Cons
No Cons
Nice People, Friendly environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 22, 2018
This location has nice people and a friendly environment. They typical stick to a 40 hour work week. The standard benefits apply for full time employees
Friendly work environment
Client manager/ Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23462October 21, 2018
A typical day at work was answering the phone and responding to e-mails, sending mail to clients, filling out client applications, complete required tasks. I enjoyed my opportunity for growth within the company. I gained a lot of experience with costumer care. My favorite part of the job was the relationships made with the clients. Making sure they are feeling at ease knowing we will take care of their needs.
Pros
free lunches, work events
Cons
No health Insurance
lots of opportunity fo advancement
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 19, 2018
It was a great place to work with terrific benefits. There was a lot of opportunity for movement within the company. Yearly reviews provided for nice salary bumps.
Pros
easy commute
Cons
lots of layoffs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MassMutual Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

43%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss