MassMutual Financial Group Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Field Service Consultant - FSR (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 20, 2018
Productive and fun workplace. Flex time, work from home. Extremely busy schedule filled with phone calls, production, e-mails, boards, meetings, huddles etc.
Pros
bad health coverage
Cons
work from home
Great Place to Work
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
Growth and diversified company meeting challenges and changes in a growing and changing market place. Aging home office leaders that needed new faces and new ideas which has happened since my departure from the company.
Good company to work for
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTJuly 17, 2018
Massmutual is a good company , some management needs to be looked at , don’t always have the job security feeling , seems like every couple of years they lay off so not sure where you stand. Health benefits very expensive and not to many options, besides that good company with good morals .
Productive and always learning something new
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJuly 16, 2018
A typical day for me is gathering the information and applications from clients and inputting them on to the computer for them to get reviewed. I also prepare the portfolios for my supervisor and make sure everything is in order.
MassMutual
Financial Adviser (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2018
This job was fully commission based, and that was the most difficult thing to get use to. They paid for you to take the training and get licensed to sell Life insurance as well as other financial licenses such as the Series 6 and 7. It was a cut throat world sometimes, being very competitive does help. Being able to work out of the office was always a plus and allowed for a flexible schedule. There sometimes were too many meetings, and late nights when you participated in call sessions. Basically, from the beginning you focused on setting meetings and making phones calls, which some times were cold calls.
great enviorment
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2018
Great path on helping people while earning unlimited potentials of money, great corporate structure and awesome training is provided, and it is a company with the best products.
Pros
unlimited amount of money
Cons
commission based
declining quality and great loss of knowledge due to lay offs
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 14, 2018
MassMutual has started an oursourcing trend. I fear for the future of the company because I have seen a decline in the quality of work as a result. The company was once an excellent employer. They claim to value people, but I have seen the contrary in recent years.
Pros
large company/typically has many open positions
Cons
fear of outsourcing your department
Very nice place to work
Investment Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2018
The health insurance could have been better, but the atmosphere is relax and stress free. Great management and great moral. I would definitely recommend them to others
Pros
Employees and Management
Cons
No cafeteria or medical facility
poor
Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 12, 2018
The company has a working standard which included work life balance to a certain extent but after getting new manager in the department it disappeared and went against all of the companies values and the manager was poor at best. I enjoyed my time there for the most part and put forth a great effort and gave them my all. It is a manager who makes the company and therefore would not recommend it to anyone else unless the management team changed.
Not a good match for the firm I worked for
Registered Representative (Current Employee) –  Moosic, PAJuly 12, 2018
This company bought out the company I was previously working for and was a dramatic difference in the way business was done. It was not a good match for the firm I worked for and I left soon after.
Plan Management
Retirement Services Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 10, 2018
Handling client calls. Running reports and analyzing data. Attend meetings to increase efficiencies. Love working with my clients. Enjoy helping them and developing great working relationships.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Benefits not so great
Excellent work culture
Investment Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2018
MassMutual is in the process of relocating the positions in Charlotte to Springfield, MA. The culture is still good in light of the transition process.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Transition to MA in progress
It's the big leagues
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 5, 2018
It is extremely difficult to come into the field they specialize in when you have no experience. If you know what your'e doing, then it's a great company to work for. You can do well with them if you have a big book of business.
Pros
You can make a great living
Cons
Time away from family.
Administrative Assistant position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJuly 3, 2018
Management and coworkers were professional and easy to get along with. A typical day at work included answering all phone lines, entering life insurance policies in database and keeping an organized file system for business.
Pros
Business lunches
Cons
Temporary position
A pleasant work place
Fulfillment Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 3, 2018
My day to day was spent fulfilling tickets in our queue and learning how to solve different IT problems that needed solving. The culture of the workplace was very pleasant , and working together with co-workers on tickets became the most pleasant part of my day.
Pros
admin access and access to any/all technology the company had
Cons
no paid lunch, and had to take at least an hour break each day.
Great atmosphere and awesome people
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed working as an Executive Assistant at Mass Mutual. I learned how to work using the dictation machine, typed numerous letter, answer phone calls for clients, and helped with insurance portfolios.
Pros
Atmosphere and the people
Cons
No healthcare and no benefits
Management in my area was terrific!!
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 2, 2018
My manager was always willing to accommodate any vacation request & willing to work around my schedule. He was a big asset to the company & always willing to help you
A progressing corporate work environment
Regional Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2018
Working at MassMutual was a very prototypical corporate environment. The bulk of the day was taking care of your daily tasks sitting behind a monitor in a cubical. Unfortunately my hiring manager was let go as apart of round of layoffs last year and the new one was remote on the East Coast. It was very tough afterwards obtaining direction and proper resources. The hardest part of the day was the mundane routine.
Cons
Sitting all day, desk work
Career with flexibility
Recruiting Director (Current Employee) –  MissouriJune 27, 2018
Great career for entrepreneurs
Management team is great to work with
Flexible work schedule
Team building opportunities outside of the office
Leadership opportunities available
Great benefits
Internship (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 26, 2018
I worked in the mail department with great people. It was great learning experience and would recommend it to any students coming out from college with no job experience under their belt.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MassMutual Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

60out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at MassMutual Financial Group.

Powered by Comparably