Some days you can be out late, some days you get off early.. it all depends.
Bad there is no support in this company
Working hours are long you can work from 0500am to 2100pm also there is a lot the company wants you to do on unpaid time. you are asked to do things and not submit the time to be paid for.
I once started a job at 11:30 am (mover's install, second install of the day along with a 45 minute drive to where it was), and didn't finish until 2:00 am. There was an extremely bad storm, with lightening and all. I couldn't drive because I almost couldn't see in front of me while walking, so driving wasn't an option. Plus the customers wanted their boxes and tvs on the walls that didn't have any cable. Instead of all of the cabling being in the attic, they were in the floor (2 story home). There was only one cable up in the attic, which I then had to split off of and make 3 cable runs upstairs. It was a nightmare, but the customer bought me dinner when the rain calmed down.
TLTR it can be as short as 5-6 hours, and all service calls or easy installs where they already have a dish, you just hook your boxes up, or you could work 18 hours. Had I not been traveling at the time, and not concerned about when I got off, I would have rescheduled as soon as it started raining.
Highly variable, often long after dark, and not conducive to family/life balance
At least 40 a week but can easily go to 80
At least 40 a week but can easily move to 80
Be onsite at customers home by 8am.customer home may be 5 minutes from yours or it may be 3 hours from yours. technically the last appointment window is 4-6 but whatever jobs you have on you must be done even after 6. latest i have worked was 11:50 pm + 2 and a half hour drive home.
Horrible, anywhere from 8 to 16 hours days, 6 days a week, might as well not have a family or any friends.
Unfair! You can be up as early as 4am, not get home until 10pm,
be over 90 mins from home, and you don't get paid for any travel time.
- What would you suggest MasTec Advanced Technologies management do to prevent others from leaving?16 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make MasTec Advanced Technologies a better place to work…12 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at MasTec Advanced Technologies?11 people answered
- How do you feel about the future of MasTec Advanced Technologies?9 people answered
- What is the interview process like?9 people answered
- On average, how many hours do you work a day at MasTec Advanced Technologies?8 people answered
- What is MasTec Advanced Technologies sick leave policy? How many sick days do you get per year?8 people answered
- Do you get the company phone and van on first day? And should you bring lunch for classroom training…8 people answered
- Do you really get a iPhone and iPad plus vehicle8 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at MasTec Advanced Technologies? What are th…8 people answered