MasTec Advanced Technologies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 991 reviews matching the search See all 1,000 reviews
Highly competitive pay rates and great benefits
ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 17, 2018
MasTec cares about their employees and offers great pay, great insurance (Health, Vision, and Dental), in a stress free work environment. They are willing to work with you in times to need to ensure you have the time to take care of your family.
over worked and under paid
Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 16, 2018
long hours and decrease in pay over time. early mornings once a week, crawls, attic and outside work make for nasty days, time not paid for after hours work
Pros
free directv
Cons
everything else
Work Life
Security Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 10, 2018
This it too much information to discuss but I wanted to explain that the work days are always busy. The time spent as a manger is chasing around grown technicians who don't really want to work. They just want to get paid.
Pros
Had a good run
Cons
Until it ran out
Mastec
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Forney, TXJuly 10, 2018
They are the worst company I've ever worked for. The leader ship is lost, they blame you for everything they do wrong. I wouldn't waste my time with the company.
Pros
Cons
Poor Leader ship in Tx
Productive and fun place
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  806 S Douglas Rd Coral Gables Fl 33134July 10, 2018
No pressure, just have to get the work done. It is a peaceful environment. The company provides free breakfast every Friday and celebrate birthday etc.
Pros
free breakfast Friday
Cons
Celebrate birthday
Fun and room for growth
Laborer Worker (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCJuly 9, 2018
My favorite job I ever had. Sadly, a dispute with my foreman made me leave. 10/10 work experience and the money is good for a 20 year old. Good hours too.
Good
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2018
Hardest part about this job is the year round outside conditions ... job construction went up in a professional and timely matter while unmanned for going on 2 and a half years
Worst place to work
Advance Technology (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 9, 2018
Management lies to employees so they meet there numbers. They keep bonuses that are for employees earn and hide them away. Also they ridicule you for everything wrong from customers calling dtv to there internet from att is off line. Then they punish you for the customer calling in.
Pros
Employees/ technicians
Cons
Management FTS
Expect to work 90+ hours a week
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33619July 6, 2018
Long hours, low pay, constant "charge backs", rampant racism... we literally had to fight for equipment every single day. The fleet manager didn't know how to use the vehicle monitoring system and would constantly lie about it to try to cover his tracks. I would never go back.
Pros
...you do get paid eventually...
Cons
Everything.
Employees are Completly Disposable
Field Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJune 30, 2018
I was recruited under false pretenses, for a job that did not really exist. I discovered this after giving notice at my previous job. They brought me on as a contract employee, knowing I had to accept, under the circumstances. Things went downhill from there.
Pros
Nonexistent supervision.
Cons
Managment takes care of themselves; rank and file is on its' own.
This place is trash
Operations Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 30, 2018
They hire just anybody so that’s a plus. Their HR department is extremely biased even though they have limited contact with employees. They are more concerned about whether you are wearing the right shoes or not, than they are about whether the work is being done properly. They have so many software applications they use but you will have access to almost none of them. That add to your work load a tremendous amount but the pay is not nearly what people deserve. They have agents/leads/supervisors that do nothing but harass the employees that actually do their job just because they personally don’t like you. This is one of the most unprofessional poorly run companies I have ever worked for.
Pros
Lots of places to eat around there, you can make good friends
Cons
Everything work related
Over worked, under appreciated
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJune 30, 2018
This company paid well. However, they work you for 12-16 hours per day. With only one break, and minimal sleep at night. (Home by 10 pm up by 4 am) 6 day work weeks and sometimes your asked to work on your only day off. I fell asleep driving after working a 96 hour week. (16 hours a day times a 6 day week) and I rear-ended a small car with the company vehicle. It was deemed my fault and the company took no responsibility for the accedent. But, if you call in, you get penalized. The company is full of catch 22s like that. They have no regard for their staff
N/a
Direct TV Installer and Home Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 29, 2018
Very Busy. There was no set time when completing the job because sometimes you ran into problem, like the system shutting down. The hardest part of the job was working outside in extreme heat and crawling in tight spaces. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you complete the job well and the customer appreciate your work achievement. If the customers happy than I am happy!!!!
Horrible place to work, treats employees very bad.
Satellite Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 27, 2018
Overworked and Underpaid. Technician works 10 to 12hrs daily, then is only paid for half the work day. 6hrs. Unpaid drive time, techs are forced to drive for multiple hours everyday unpaid.
A place to learn
Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 26, 2018
Typical day consists of arriving at the costumer home on time, first appointment schedule for 8 a.m. even if you had to drive over an hour, we made sure we were there. I learn the installation of dishes, where it would make it easy to make cable connections so in the future the technician that might have to service the system would have easy access. Great team efforts, we never went home until all jobs were completed. It was hard to see new comers struggle with installations, but we all had our backs. It was a great feeling seeing costumers happy to have tv service and that the place was left clean.
Pros
You are learning everyday
Cons
Driving between appointments
In my opinion the company management needs a lot of work
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJune 24, 2018
I was not pleased working for this company. Mastec promised me a job in the Safety Department and never held up to there bargain. The turn over in employees was real bad.
free lunches ocassionaly
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJune 22, 2018
Not the best organization inside the office. Management was not caring for employees. Company did not pay well enough. Schedule was inconvenient and strict for me making it hard to go back to school. Made some new good friends. Some supervisors were very unprofessional. Some technicians were also very unprofessional towards the dispatchers.
Pros
Made good friends
Cons
everything
been at the job for 1 year
Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2018
you don't know when you can get fired, which can happen at any moment, people are quitting everyday because they are soo straight about some little thing, even is not your fault, you can get fired at any time do pleuse don't consider that like career
Was a great company
SALTELLITE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 20, 2018
Basically from 7am to 7pm, installing and fixing satellites systems. Pay is base off install and service jobs. Mastec has cut our pay twice in the last year and a half by $14.00 per install. This is the only company in this field that charges a weekly fee to take your van home. They have cut management jobs on the bottom end were there needed to help the technicians, while upper management stayed the same and are INCOMPETENT! I have been here for over 6 years and it's time to go. Would not recommend this company at all. Corpus Christi gets the lowest pay scale and the cost of living is higher than Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio.This company does not care about their employees, employee's family or the work conditions. Just get it done no matter what. It's all about the management team getting their bonuses.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Always cutting your pay.
Company sucks
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, GAJune 16, 2018
Days are long. Technicians are treated like second class people. Company constantly changing requirements of job. Do not get paid for drive time, even when it takes 1 1/2 hours to get to next job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MasTec Advanced Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.