MasTec Network Solutions Employee Reviews

Daily Routine
Construction Manager Gulf coast region (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 12, 2018
In the morning go over emails from the day, and any left from previuos evening. Meet up with GC'c at various site to make sure everything is good, perform safety audit on the crew. Order any missing materials that the crew did not receive during pickup. Verify with crew a completion date for the site.
Pros
Great company to work if you have the right manager
Cons
some managers are micro managers, unfairly treat others
Typical telecommunications office
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 10, 2018
Basic telecommunications office used for training, warehousing and internal office staff. There is an extremely high turn over rate due to lack of training programs provided upon hiring.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Workplace Culture
Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2018
Very good opportunity for my Project Management skills as I worked remotely work with the vendors and different time zones and different processes and procedures.
Bad Management
Tower Foreman (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 24, 2018
Pisspoor management and HR does not care if you are happy or not! maybe this is why they have lost their turf vendor contract.. I would never work for this company aging if they payed me! i'm not gonna lie I was bulled and miss treated from the get go, so being the bigger man I left after nothing was done about it by HR. all you are is a number to mastec nothing more nothing less!
CIVIL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 11, 2018
Was a fast paced job, I liked the people that I worked with. Learned some new things almost everyday I was there. Wasn't afraid to admit if I needed help.
To utilize education, organizational skills and experience to obtain a position that allows for high visibility, allows contact with professional indi
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2018
visibility, allows contact with professional individuals and provides opportunities for increased
responsibility.
only reason for leaving/ laid off
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 27, 2018
Had to learn by hands on for first 9 months, management seen that I had a wiliness to learn, and cared about the job and promoted me to manager, from there attended classes management.
Pros
differant sinearo's everyday
Cons
not enogh home time
Mastec is an OK company to work for.
Mastec employee (Current Employee) –  AlabamaMay 13, 2018
My treatment has been fair, but too much out of town work. Constant change in work and work locations due to the nature of the business. It would be nice if there was more consistency in work.
Good company
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LAApril 6, 2018
Overall a good wireless communications program management company. Good people across the various levels of the organization, but with much room for improvement still.
Stressful environment
Field Technician II (Current Employee) –  Pelham, ALMarch 26, 2018
The day usually starts off with confusion as to what material is needed for a job sit with lack of effort of analyzing from the scoping team. from there its your job to figure to out everything as far as execution to get the job done. Micro-management has recently been put in place to make more stress, Example drive time has always been paid for but now they are finding loopholes to try and dock that from you so in a nutshell in some instances you may not be compensated for travel time to job or to the office to pick up materials, theirs a lack of advancement in this company. A few of the techs and recently a manager has been trained by me and advanced to being over me with with more pay in less than a years time, raises haven't been any more than a couple cents the past 2 years with more responsibility tacked on to my role of being lead technician in the field
Pros
Company Vehicle, and company paid cellphone
Cons
Lack of advancement, horrible raises, horrible management
Flexible schedule.
Central Office Installer = Level IV (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCMarch 22, 2018
A typical day at work involved being extremely flexible. A lot of travel required across South Carolina. Management does not reward efficient employees.
Pros
Make own schedule based on volume of work and deadlines.
Cons
Raises do not come close to cost of living increase - if you even receive one.
Poor management
Structural forman (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 25, 2018
I worked at the Syracuse office doing structural work.
Almost every week hours we worked or drove where taken away. Getting the right tools or equipment from the PM was like taking food from a lion . not enough crew for job but they want it done in the same time.
Trucks falling apart.
Pros
Benefits good
Cons
No family life
The job was enjoyable.
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Poca, WVFebruary 22, 2018
On a typical day you would be receiving and verifying material or prepping material for pickup. The workplace was mostly relaxed until a huge order was about to go out.
Tower tech
Tower ClimberIII (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 10, 2018
B good place to work just poor management especially when it comes to own people money the act like things were never said that was already said good company just hard to believe what any of them say is true
summart
Cell Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2018
I was a good company, and provided good pa rate and benefits but had poor management and made promises of pay without following through. that is my summary
Cut throat and not for the wiery
LTE Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAFebruary 5, 2018
not only is the industry itself a monster. But this company each and every bit of your living and breathing energy. To be successful at your job you must be extremely thickened skin and never clock out. No weekends or complete PTO.
Industry Norm
Construction Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORFebruary 1, 2018
If you enjoy getting more tasks and responsibilities piled on you with no growth or compensation, this is the place for you. Avoid becoming management, salaried positions are traps. Working in the field has more income potential, but the trade off is long hours in inclement weather, traveling 90+% of the time.
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
sub-par insurance; little advancement opportunities; minimal pay increases
Excellent Place to Work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 30, 2018
The telecom industry is ever changing making it a very high-speed environment to work. Mastec sets you up to succeed. Everyone I work with is very skilled at their craft.
Pros
Excellent Pay & Benefits
Cons
Lack of knowledge of industry hurts you
Lots of fires to put out
warehouse logistics manager (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJanuary 18, 2018
The company really cared at first but when they didn't get their way with the customer they closed the shop and lots of people lost their jobs. I never wanted to leave.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Great
Project ManagerII (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, LAJanuary 15, 2018
Other than the normal buddy buddy politics. It was a great job. Job security and consistent training was very nice. Also you always had every tool needed to get the job done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MasTec Network Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight