MasTec Network Solutions Employee Reviews

Not My Best Work Opportunity
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 26, 2018
Found MasTec to be a very disappointing work environment with little or no guidance or assistance from the available management chains. Where the culture did provide lots of online training for meeting company safety and Human Relations regulation conformance, the company offered little or no training both onsite or offsite that would help me grow my experience base and / or career goals. I left Mastec with enormous respect and appreciation for my co-workers with whom I worked in the field. They were second to none. My Management was another story. They were basically not willing to grant us any assistance or guidance on our projects. We were expected to understand and operate all corporate and customer software programs without formal training unless the customer was displeased with our performance and only then would we receive "remedial" training. We never really prepared for upcoming project design changes or schedule changes. The environment was completely reactionary when we should have been spending more of our considerable resources on planning and education in order to better manage a dynamic and challenging work environment. Finally, employment security is mainly "project based" and our job security was sketchy at best.
Pros
Good benefits and support of field travel and operations.
Cons
Project Based job security with no planned "Off Project" work available. Layoffs are common.
Training
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILOctober 16, 2018
The training was below standard. Unorganized and poorly planned training. Management expectations are unattainable. Poor manager skills. Great coworkers and good culture.
Pros
one hour lunch; flexible schedule
Cons
benefits, manager skills
fun
Business Services Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 8, 2018
The work enviornment is very fast paced at times, good technicians are paid well, it's piece work so the kore you do the more you're paid. Overall very satisfying customer service experience. At&t has made it somewhat difficult to make a good career from being a technician due to the pictures you have to take and all of the corporate guidelines you must follow. Every little bit more time on a job you have to take adds up to less pay over the course of a year.
MasTec Networks
Senior Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2018
Great company to work for. They really do promote a positive culture for employees and for customers alike. The insurance, company truck, company cell, laptop, credit card, etc..is a fantastic benefit that many companies don't even offer anymore.
nice place to work
IMPLEMENTATION PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL Houston, MISeptember 28, 2018
Nice place to work good quality people always an amazing fast paced place. Always something to do with great benefits. I would tell anyone to go to work here
Relaxed Environment
Sr. Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2018
Mastec Network Solutions was a great place to work, the atmosphere was relaxed, the people were great. They made you feel important and part of the family at all times.
Senior Director, Engineering & Operations (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 12, 2018
Mastec was a great place to work. I would love to get an Opportunity to return to Mastec. They gave you the tools to do your jobs. Opportunity to advance within Mastec
Pros
great benefits, great cross fucntional teams
Excellent work life balance. Flexible remote work policy.
Sr. Operations Manager IT and Warehousing (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 31, 2018
Telephone and online activity.
Improved project and program management skills.

Diverse and open workplace culture
Hardest part of the job was maitaining mission clarity because the organization was in the process of acquiring assets with different skill sets and core competencies.
The most enjoyable part was the operational autonomy and the work life balance.
Pros
Working remote
Cons
Career planning could be improved
Very fast paced and stressful.
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  North FloridaAugust 28, 2018
Typical day was @16-18 hours with 15-20 sites in construction simultaneously.
market coverage for the project was from Melbourne FL to Daytona, Orlando FL to Clearwater and Tampa FL to Ocala FL and everywhere in between.

After the mandatory site visits to the sites in construction you started your second shift of reporting for all your sub's, site audit reviews and punch requirements to close-out the sites working well into the night and morning.

600+ sites in just over 2 years with CD, ZD reviews of NSB on top of close-out and multiple site audits was a daunting task to say the least. The initial North Florida LTE 4G ended up launching before the anticipated launch date and was a great since of accomplishment.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Overworked
Provides professional motivation
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 21, 2018
Company charter could be transferred directly to Customer satisfaction & motivation to improve. Professional & personal motivation was always encouraged.
Prefer not to complete
LTE Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 20, 2018
I prefer not to answer this question/section in specific terms. Generally an okay place to work but could be better on many fronts, from top management to lower level.
Leadership really makes this a nice palace to work.
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLAugust 13, 2018
Mastec has a very relaxed atmosphere. Executive Leaders are very visible and invite dialogue. I learned that being proactive and self managed was an asset. The hardest part of the job was the fast paced environment and the tendency for constant changes. This also served to be one of the most enjoyable aspects. Knowing that you have accomplished a goal when time constraints were the major challenge.
Daily Routine
Construction Manager Gulf coast region (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 12, 2018
In the morning go over emails from the day, and any left from previuos evening. Meet up with GC'c at various site to make sure everything is good, perform safety audit on the crew. Order any missing materials that the crew did not receive during pickup. Verify with crew a completion date for the site.
Pros
Great company to work if you have the right manager
Cons
some managers are micro managers, unfairly treat others
Typical telecommunications office
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 10, 2018
Basic telecommunications office used for training, warehousing and internal office staff. There is an extremely high turn over rate due to lack of training programs provided upon hiring.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Workplace Culture
Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2018
Very good opportunity for my Project Management skills as I worked remotely work with the vendors and different time zones and different processes and procedures.
Bad Management
Tower Foreman (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 24, 2018
Pisspoor management and HR does not care if you are happy or not! maybe this is why they have lost their turf vendor contract.. I would never work for this company aging if they payed me! i'm not gonna lie I was bulled and miss treated from the get go, so being the bigger man I left after nothing was done about it by HR. all you are is a number to mastec nothing more nothing less!
CIVIL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 11, 2018
Was a fast paced job, I liked the people that I worked with. Learned some new things almost everyday I was there. Wasn't afraid to admit if I needed help.
To utilize education, organizational skills and experience to obtain a position that allows for high visibility, allows contact with professional indi
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2018
visibility, allows contact with professional individuals and provides opportunities for increased
responsibility.
only reason for leaving/ laid off
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 27, 2018
Had to learn by hands on for first 9 months, management seen that I had a wiliness to learn, and cared about the job and promoted me to manager, from there attended classes management.
Pros
differant sinearo's everyday
Cons
not enogh home time
Mastec is an OK company to work for.
Mastec employee (Current Employee) –  AlabamaMay 13, 2018
My treatment has been fair, but too much out of town work. Constant change in work and work locations due to the nature of the business. It would be nice if there was more consistency in work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MasTec Network Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight