MasTec Utility Services Employee Reviews

Unprofessional, and as shady as they get.
CDL driver and Locator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 10, 2018
They promise you everything you can imagine just to get you in the door. Once you're locked in, things begin to change drastically. People working in the field have 10X the knowledge of what's going on than the ones in charge. Little to no organization, complete lack of direction. The division I worked for was literally kicked out of the city for destroying so many existing utilities, and personal property. The few who stayed on were told they could relocate to other parts of the country. This place is a joke.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Lies, lies and more lies...
Lack of skilled managers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Vanceboro, NCMarch 21, 2018
Not all are horrible but the manager that make decisions were not the best at being managers. No one listens to the employees and there is no room for advancement or pay raises. The work environment is one of the worst I have ever worked in and it doesnt help that they dont care about your family or personal needs.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
rough to work in the conditions
Mastec
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Didnt treat their employees that great, couldn't ever get a hold of supervisor, they never asked us how we felt about certain situations toward the jobs we had to do
Beware of Winter Garden
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJanuary 21, 2018
Winter Garden is the worst division to work at. No raises, and a lot of people are quitting and no one new coming thru the door. Try the power division in Orlando
Pros
Donuts at tuesday meetings
Cons
A lot of confusion from the top on down
MasTec
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJanuary 17, 2018
A long day 10+ hours, with a lot of meetings. Learned what a tele-communications utility contractor does. Management was fast paced with a lot of interfacing with client. Quiet place to work isolated from other office staff. Not understanding what the position required and driving to office location. Learning a new construction business and working with management and staff good people!
Laid back yet stressful
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 5, 2018
There was a lack of communication within this company. I enjoyed my immediate supervisor, she was fabulous and I will always thank her for everything she did for me. It was the upper management that had issues.
Ok place to work
Underground Foreman (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 4, 2018
The work at mastec is no joke it is a get her done kinda of job for the ruff neck kind of workers not no cup cakes. It has a good bunch of people when teamed up together the pay sucks and can be better the management can do better if not the people in the field the company would not be where it is at and I guess the management has a part to do with that too.
Unhealthy Environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNDecember 3, 2017
If you like to be put down and harassed by co-workers on a daily basis than this would be the place to work. And if you complain, you are told that it was your choice to work in the construction industry and that is part of the culture. Thing is, this is a finance only office. No construction workers or blue collar employees at all.
Entire management line left the company
Program Manager, Outside Plant Engineering (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VANovember 27, 2017
Entire management line left the company, replacements kept being relocated, appears this line was never intended to survive. Lop sided construction culture.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
lop sided culture
Money Savers
Senior Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 16, 2017
To "Save Money" they outsourced Recruiting to an agency that in the long run will not serve their greater need. I think that if they invested in recruiting tools and software that there would be a better overall outcome for the recruiting department. having only a few recruiters for thousands of jobs and no tools is not ideal.
Ambiente noral
Soy linieroelectricista (Former Employee) –  Estados unidosSeptember 9, 2017
Es una empresa que me parese puede ayudar muvhas personas a darles empleos
Pros
Seguro medico y dental
Cons
Todo esta bien
Very professinal
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 31, 2017
I think is good place off work for a long time service
Pros
Good company
Cons
Low wage
There were good times and some not so good times.
Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at MasTec. I learned a lot that I was able to carry with me to my next job opportunity. Unfortunately my position was transferred out of state due to reduction of work force while the company restructured. Overall it was a positive experience.
Unstable
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2017
Management only looked out for their interests ,for man and laborers were not thought of as what they were or did for the company. In the past they were awesome and were a great company ,but in a different division and state.
Productive place to work
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCJune 18, 2017
Nice people and enjoyable job. Various responsibilities such as, people management, operate machinery, and spot utilities. Management is cooperative and understanding.
Pros
Overtime
Wonderful Experience
Field OfficNonee Administrator (Former Employee) –  Purcell, OKJune 12, 2017
Traveled across the country running Field Support offices for the fiber optics industry.
Performed payroll to include job costing and work analysis, basic as-built drawings, Safety education. Supported up to 175 employees. Facilitated coordination of Environmental issues and location of underground utilities.
Pros
being able to see many parts of the country as the work progressed
Upper Management is a joke
Osp coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2017
They two guys that are in charge are used car salesmen that will lie an tell you whatever you want to hear to get you in the door. Don't believe what anyone says.
Pros
Company truck
good education
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Vanceboro, NCJune 6, 2017
great way to learn about high voltage and different ways to set up a line pole. crews are simply fast paced and getting the job done safely and proficiently
Not bad
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 17, 2017
Worked there for 10 months pretty good company to be with but people don't wanna teach you or train you right you have to have you're own tools own way to work yeah all that stuff
productive
Administrator? (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLApril 9, 2017
filing, answering phones, schedule appointment, work with internal and external customers. Everyone works as a team and everyone is a team player and the environment is a family oriented company.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MasTec Utility Services. Our community is ready to answer.

MasTec Utility Services Reviews by Location