MasTec Utility Services Employee Reviews

Great place to work with plenty opportunities to learn
C-Class Lineman (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCJanuary 23, 2019
Great learning environment. With a great family and team vibe. Have pay and benefits. Plenty of money to be made and plenty of options to do so. Provide great techniques to know and understand safety.
Unstable work environment
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 12, 2019
Very stressful and unstable environment, the job stability caused very high stress. Employees were always waiting to be terminated due to workforce reduction.
Excellence driven.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 7, 2019
The workplace culture is excellence driven. Great people to work with, very fast paced and organized work place. I learned a lot about Utility Construction.
Pros
Great workplace culture.
Cons
Commute.
Come Join Us!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 12, 2018
It's exciting to be a part of a growing, fast-paced company across the United States. Every day is different and new challenges to tackle. Come Join us!
Over the road work
Drill Operator (Former Employee) –  Shevlin, MNNovember 27, 2018
The overall job expierence was good, but i had a wife and kids at home so being gone sometimes for months at a time was hard on the family and i missed out on a lot of my sons school activites and ball games.
mastec
Foreman/Operator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 13, 2018
mastec has a lot of good opportunitys i love working for this company the management is control by a good group of guys all in all mastec is an awesome place to work if you want to build a good caree
Pros
overtime
Cons
shevel work
N/a
Laborer (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 5, 2018
It was a good company to work for just didn’t work out with the pay they paid. Just wasn’t enough for me to stay so that’s why I left. Also didn’t get the right amount of hours to help with my living
Do not work here unless you are ready to be disrespected.
Office Professional (Current Employee) –  MNNovember 1, 2018
In working here, I've noticed low employee moral, employees afraid to talk to their management, management covering up for poor decisions and behavior of other management, employees being berated - not just in the field, but in office settings, no accountability, and other things that made me realize I made a bad decision.

You basically have to be a bully, a "yes" person or someone who's really close to an employee that has worked here for ages, to make progress.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Stress, disrespect, bullying, no culture, low morale.
Nice place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Pacific, MOSeptember 14, 2018
Laid off no intentions on leaving. great bunch of guys to work for .summer hours were all you wanted..took very good care of us as a whole..good equipment and tools provided and replaced as needed..weeks vacation after a year of service
Pros
Hours
Cons
Sometimes no lunch
Pay gap
Underground Lineman (Current Employee) –  Asheboro, NCSeptember 3, 2018
There is a huge pay gap between overhead and underground. Underground gets treated worse. But does the same amount of work with the similar hazards. You do not work in the rain, which mean you dont get paid.
Pros
Storm work
Cons
No days off for the first year, dont expected steady raises, common workplace harassment, when it rains you dont make money.

Want to know more about MasTec Utility Services?

Ask a question
Hard work, but outdoors and rewarding.
Lineman Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 28, 2018
If you're not interested in sitting behind a desk or flipping burgers in a kitchen, instead getting outside and providing people with the utilities they need to enjoy life this is a great job for you. You'll meet and become part of a great family, team and workforce that is dedicated to putting in the hard work, diligence, bravery and effort that is required to be a professional lineman. Overhead or underground, you will be gratified.
hired as a truck driver
Truck Driver Class A / Grounds man (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLAugust 10, 2018
I was hired as a truck driver but I'm also locating cable digging for under ground lines cable, gas, water and sewage sometimes there is only 3 people on the job site and 8 people in the office doing nothing and getting paid well. In the summer time it is extremely hot I have CDL's I can do better.
Horrible
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  TampaAugust 1, 2018
Unless you are friends with the manager, you will not get anywhere. I made many complaints of an associate that was there, but because the best friend was the manager, I was fired, but it was ok for this grown woman to start fights and even have videos of it, and nothing got done of it horrible place to work.
its a job
Groundsman (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 29, 2018
Don't waist your time. They will lie to you. They do not pay the same as other power companies. Still works on the good old boy system. unless your an old white male your not going to get far.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Not a great company
Labor, Poor place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 8, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work there. The management will give a good story about how the company is then drop the bomb.pay sucks why to low ,that you can't even afford the benefits, so you get sick ,there goes ur small pay check.seen workers work there more than three years and still getting low pay no raises. Labors get blame for all problems that happens .They will tell you mas tec is the biggest Hispanic employment ,now i know why. Over all worst place to work.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, bad management
MasTec is by far the worst corporate culture example in the history of corporate America, you are better off living under a communist regime.
Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 7, 2018
Management by directive. Intimidation and fear tactics for productivity, ignorant peers, uneducated and disconnected senior management, no real direction, long days if you are one of the productive managers, no sense of culture at all, a true blue collar environment with no respect or human decency. This is a great place to work if you are a mindless drone and don't care about growth or career advancement. I knew by day two that I had made a serious career mistake in believing the spew of lies regarding the mission of the division. On the job 23 days, and the division losses the project to a competitor. Well, after 6 months of not providing a single deliverable to the customer, you would lose the project to a competitor too. Inept, uneducated, egomaniacal, uncultured morons is what you would surround yourself with if you chose to commit career suicide by working here... go to a real company instead. I left after 23 days to work for a real world class utility services group. It was like leaving McDonalds... no future long term, unless you enjoy the smell of fast food and no career advancement.
Pros
Pretty Logo
Cons
Just about everything else.
Unprofessional, and as shady as they get.
CDL driver and Locator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 10, 2018
They promise you everything you can imagine just to get you in the door. Once you're locked in, things begin to change drastically. People working in the field have 10X the knowledge of what's going on than the ones in charge. Little to no organization, complete lack of direction. The division I worked for was literally kicked out of the city for destroying so many existing utilities, and personal property. The few who stayed on were told they could relocate to other parts of the country. This place is a joke.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Lies, lies and more lies...
Lack of skilled managers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Vanceboro, NCMarch 21, 2018
Not all are horrible but the manager that make decisions were not the best at being managers. No one listens to the employees and there is no room for advancement or pay raises. The work environment is one of the worst I have ever worked in and it doesnt help that they dont care about your family or personal needs.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
rough to work in the conditions
good experience
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 26, 2018
mastec was a good place to work and to gain a good base for my experience in equipment operation, electrical installation both underground and over grouns
Mastec
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Didnt treat their employees that great, couldn't ever get a hold of supervisor, they never asked us how we felt about certain situations toward the jobs we had to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MasTec Utility Services. Our community is ready to answer.