MASTER HALCO Employee Reviews

The people there are great to work with
Worker handler (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 13, 2019
Enjoy the people I work with and all the fence contractors if they give the inside sales people bonuses and I feel that they should do something for us that work the outside area
Bad Place to work
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2019
Working for Master Halco was the worst company that I ever worked for. Management in the front office did not know how to talk to people in a respectful manner and would do anything to make you look bad and throw you under the bus. I would not recommend anyone to work at such a dysfunctional company.
Staff
Warehouse employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2019
I started as a temp making $12 in which I was told 450 hours where needed for full time, where I was promised a pay to at least survive with cost of living being so high , I worked over 1,008 hours consecutively when I was hired on I was offer $13 bucks to live survive feed my family.
Pros
Morning Schedule
Cons
Warehouse employees act like women and there all male
Was enticed by company with great salary...was changed within two months
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 12, 2019
I knew I made a mistake when the warehouse had a lot of empty shelves. Tracked my mileage with a device that was never accurate.... you would "magically" appear 20 to 30 mile less then actually traveled. Expected to pay difference out of expenses.
perfect place
Office & Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 9, 2019
i had the most of my time working here. I loved my job so much had opportunities to move from one position to another and work with the best people ever. they worst thing was that i had to move.
Former employee
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 25, 2019
Horrible work culture. If you like being humiliated in front of other employees and customers this is the place for you . Unfortunately it's one person who creates this culture. It's holding this company back more than they know! Quarterly bonuses are a joke.
Pros
Weekends off
Had a pleasant experience
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMay 25, 2019
I'm still interviewing, however the interview process thus far has been pleasant and not stressful at all. I've interviewed at dozens of companies and have had a couple offers. I'm waiting to meet the regional manager before I accept any other offers as Master Halco would be my first choice. In short, the manager in El Cajon was very friendly and made me feel comfortable in the interview. The regional manager was quite pleasant to speak to as well. I can tell he enjoys his job and takes the hiring process seriously. I gather both people I interviewed with genuinely strive to make the company the best place to work and the number 1 wholesale fencing company in the nation. I hope I get the position. I know I would thrive. I'd Hopefully advance up the ladder at some point too. With 50 locations that could be a reality down the road.
Pros
Nice Managers
Cons
None thus far
High stress environment with minimal training
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 18, 2019
I was thrown to the wolves when I first started. There was no training in place except for a few written cheat sheets. After two days, I was told you are not only going to start answering the phones, you are to be the main person answering calls, meaning you will take 50-60 calls a day despite knowing very little about the company or its products.

This is an intensely stressful environment, made worse when your co-workers didn't seem to want you around. I worked with long-time veterans and they didn't even deem me necessary to communicate with. Add in a brand new branch manager who has yet to develop people skills, and you have a recipe for disaster.

All in all, this is a job that's going to affect your physical and mental health. Even the veterans there are stressed to the max.

My advice: go elsewhere - this just isn't worth it. I quit a few days ago and my health is much better now.
Pros
No weekend work, some overtime
Cons
A hellish work environment and no training
Very Kind, New Management El Cajon
Interviewee (Former Employee) –  Master Halco, El CajonApril 15, 2019
I interviewed recently, the overall interview was very professional. The employees all seemed genuinely happy to be at work. The manager explained the duties in details and very realistic. No sugar coating or exaggerating. The business itself is under new management and It looks like that is a good thing compared to past reviews. I am speaking for the El Cajon branch. Overall excellent business, with excellent customers and an excellent place to work!
Pros
pay, people, environment
Productive work place
WELDER (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 30, 2019
Great working environment and safe area to work will help with safe improvement for a better experience to add to your experiences and opportunities on your career
Upper management not ethical at all
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 24, 2019
Left due to ethical standards not being upheld and upper management issues by holding their title over there employees. Company would be great if they listened to their employees who they hired specifically for growth in the industry.
Enjoyable place to work
Network Services Manager / EDI Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 9, 2019
Through my years, the culture changed, especially when 9/11 hit. But was a very enjoyable place to work at.

For the most part, management was very open to the employees.
Pros
Very nice Corporate office and staff
Stayed in the company for a month.
Sr. Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 6, 2019
They were very cooperative and helpful especially when there is new in the company, they wanted me to feel comfortable that’s why I had easily got along well.
Hard work pays offs
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 29, 2018
Typical day at work is dealing with accounting, walk in customers, and answering phone calls. Quoting out jobs and finding details and answers for the customers. Filing paperwork for deliveries, purchase orders, accounting, work orders, and quotes. Also staying in contact with yard associates, finding materials, and making sure orders are completed properly. I also make sure that logistics for customers are completed and ready.
The company has a niche product and is not interested in looking for new products to expand to.
National Retail Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2018
Unless you are an Itochu employee which owns the company, your opinion is not highly sought after or respected. The sales management structure/hierarchy does not flow as it should. The branches feel they are not respected by the HQ and the operations management does not have a good feel for how the branch operations should be managed.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Opinions to improve effecincies and company performance are not sought out.
Bad management
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 26, 2018
Management turnover was high, but I have not worked there in several years. I really have no idea what goes on there now, but I suspect the pay rates are still low.
It’s a fun laid back job
Fixing fences (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2018
I loved the job I got along with everybody and they was respectful even the superintendent was respect and he was a resonable person he’ll help out if you having trouble with personal problems
Eh.
Production Operation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 18, 2018
High turn over in management. Excessive hours. Constantly changing rules on how processes are completed. Horrible production scheduling. Supervisors knew nothing about departments they were supervising.
Horrible company
Fabrication Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 16, 2018
This company hires people that have a difficult time finding employment because of legal reasons. The pay is lacking and management is not intelligent in the least.
Very negative environment
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2018
Terrible place to work.. Was so glad to get out of there.. Very bad management.. very LOW morale.. No one says hello or good morning.. Total lack of positive attitude.
Pros
Cons
Just about everything. .hated to walk in the door.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MASTER HALCO. Our community is ready to answer.