Master Service Companies Employee Reviews

Great company
Sales Inspector (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 1, 2018
When I started, the owner was involved in the day to day operations. They have a great culture and mission. I left because it wasn't the same company as when I started. I felt they lost key members of team that made us special. The sales department is full of great people who want to see you successful. If you're ok with two sets of standards, it's a great place to work. If the manager considers you a friend, you have very low expectations compared to the rest of the team. Also, plan on having 10 different people to answer to.
Pros
great culture/mission
Cons
The owner made the place what it is, now he relies on managers who don't have his best interests at heart.
Awesome internship!
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 11, 2017
As an Accounting student seeking internships, I had a slight fear that my only responsibility would be to run errands all day. Thankfully this is not the case with Master Services. Not only have I had the opportunity to learn useful information, I have gained knowledge that will put me apart from my fellow classmates. The entire office staff have been extremely welcoming as a new employee, and have been very helpful with any questions I have had. I would recommend Master Services to every one I know. Wonderful company, great atmosphere!
September 19, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We really enjoyed having you at the office!

Excellent, honest and reputable company.
Customer Relations Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Alcoa, TNMarch 20, 2017
This company stands behind their employees and the work they do. They guarantee their work and will correct anything that was not done correctly the first time. The company takes care of their customers as well as their employees. The company also gives back to the community in many ways and wants no recognition for it.
September 19, 2017

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it! And thanks for being part of the team!

The company looks out for the customers but not employees!
Service inspector (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 8, 2017
The company has great values and ethics for customers but those don't make it to the employee level. The "weekly training" is a lowsy gripe session. There is no room for advancement... well, there is only room for demotion at Masterdry. They have little tolerance for being new, trying hard, but slightly underperforming. They will move you to another area for less pay and no true explanation. They will just tell you it's an opportunity to get a promotion someday. They take great care of the customers though!
Pros
Great family culture
Cons
Low pay, no tolerance for newbys, management not truthful
Simply the best
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 22, 2016
A wonderful day at master service companies starts at 7am . We usually already have our contracts and are prepared for the job. So we get in our company provided work truck with all our company provided tools and head to our job site. Sometimes this can be a long drive or just down the road. we service a large area from Bristol to Cleveland. Once we arrive at our customers house the work begins our work environment is intense but relaxed .we work as hard and as fast as we can in order to finish the job in a timely and correct manner . Relaxed meaning you can take brakes when you like within reason .That being said the time you get off depends on the amount of effort we put into the job we typically don't leave until the job is finished . You will learn a range of skills while working here leadership, carpentry and customer service just to name a few. Everyone is willing to train and help you learn anything you want to .Our team is the best from management to production. Management is willing to help and wants to see you do you best and be successful at your position . The hardest part of the job is just the environment crawlspace being the worst our work is just all around hard work. The most enjoyable part is the ability to stand above other companies and take care of our customers at all cost .
Pros
Good compenstation, suportive work enviroment
Cons
extreme working enviroments
September 19, 2017

Thank you for your detailed feedback about the installer/production position! We really appreciate it!

Great values for customers but not employees.
Service Inspector / Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 14, 2016
This company looks great on paper and provides great service to customers water issues. However, the pay is horrible and the management doesn't care (ie. I said I was unhappy with the pay and the manager told me to live on my credit cards). The owner is amazing though, but it's unfortunately not passed down to other management employees!
Pros
Values
Cons
Pay, management concern
Team work the way businesses should be run.
Director of Operations & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 8, 2016
A great team and environment is a key focus driving this organization forward. Exception growth and market share gains are evidence of this culture.
September 19, 2017

Thank you for your kind comments! Maintaining a team-driven atmosphere is crucial to our success.

Great mentoring opportunity/Overall GREAT internship experience!
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 1, 2016
My experience at Master Dry has been such a wonderful, learning opportunity. All of the employees are helpful, happy, and genuine. I was well trained and welcomed into the company with open arms. Even though I didn't know anyone, everyone went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and helped me with whatever I needed. The Marketing Department is a small, close-knit team! I was given the freedom to pursue projects I was interested in as well as directed to do projects across various aspects (website, design, blogs, press releases, advertisement ventures, advertising spend, and more). My favorite thing about Master Dry is the people. The culture is amazing and unlike any other.
Pros
company culture, opportunity, mentoring, learning experience, happy employees
Cons
N/a
April 6, 2016

Thank you for the positive feedback about you internship! The marketing team really is a special group!

An Amazing Company to Work For
Graphic Designer & Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 1, 2016
Master Dry is a company unlike any I've ever been a part of. They stick to their mission statement of doing the right thing, and really value their employees. The office environment is great and the culture really makes you look forward to coming into work everyday. I came to Master Dry looking for a great work/life balance and quickly found it here. This company is always looking for ways to make a difference in our community and in the lives of our customers. There is always more work to be done, but when you work for a company like this, you don't mind!
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Management, Company Culture, Office Environment, Pay, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
There have not been any cons and I don't expect to find any.
February 28, 2017

Happy to have you on the team, and thank you for the kind words!

One Passion to constantly improve
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 24, 2015
I've been employed with Master Dry for a year and six months. I came to them through a referral from friend. I was interviewed several times. Each time I interviewed I was hoping for an offer from them, but was scheduled for an additional interview. I found the interview process impressive in the fact that multiple people met with me on each interview. I later discovered the purpose for this interview process is to make make sure that every applicant is a company culture fit before they are even considered for a position.

Now that I am a part the GREAT team that has assembled at Master Dry I get to be a part of the amazing culture offered by this company. In past experiences with companies that have mission statements and values posted, these thing are overlooked if either of them interfere with the bottom line. This company has always taken care of the customer first and adhered to the Values, Mission and Why Statements they developed as the litmus test for all we do here.

The passion of being relentless in our pursuit of constant improvement is one of the most impressive things about Master Dry to me. We train continually to be better at what we do. This is directly reflected by the reviews I see come in from our customers. As we get better our reviews get better.

Bottom line: If you have the opportunity to be a part of what is taking place at Master Dry, TAKE IT!
Pros
Culture, Driven by their Values, Mission and Why, Passionate about improving
Productive, caring, and fun
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 27, 2015
MasterDry has some of the greatest company culture I have ever seen and is easily the best job I have worked. They care about people, including their employees , customers, and community. They care about their integrity and try to always do the right thing even if its not the easiest thing. Everyone is very positive and helps each other out a lot.
Pros
Cons
None so far
Not JUST a job, not even JUST a career...
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 27, 2015
I have been working at Master Dry as a full-time employee for five years now. I started in the customer service department and have been able to work my way up to be a part of the leadership team. My current position focuses on getting our company involved in giving back to the community... something that most people don't get the opportunity to get paid to do! I love my position, but even if I didn't, I would stay with the company because of its great culture, and here's why.

The Master Dry team truly is like family to me. They have been there for me, supported me, taught me, encouraged me to dream bigger and pursue career avenues that I would've never thought possible for myself, and most of all, they have loved me like family. I can't imagine ever working anywhere else, and I am so thankful to be one of those people who truly loves coming to work everyday!
Pros
Incredible culture, family atmosphere, promotes from within, awesome events throughout the year, focus on integrity
This is a company that values every single team member and not only serves it's customers, but it's team members also!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 27, 2015
I have been working for Master for almost a year and here is my take of the company.. If you look at our customers reviews you will see that this company strives to "wow every customer every time", but one of the ways we are able to take care of our customers is because they take care of their team members the same way. Because they take such great care of their team members it makes us want to take that same care with our customers. This company doesn't just care about us at work, but in our personal lives as well. They push us to grow as people and be better then we were yesterday. I have seen many times where a team member is struggling in their personal life and the company rallies around and helps where they can. Our leaders take time to invest in us to be the best we can be which motivates me every single day. If you want to work for a company that cares as much about their team members as they do about their customers and you are one of the lucky one's that Master Dry chooses then jump on it! This is definitely a unique service company because they choose the best of the best! Notice I never used the word "employee", but instead i used "team member". That is how we are looked at here at Master Dry. We are one big team/family that works together to serve our customers and our community!
Pros
Incredible leaders, Team service projects for our community, fun atmosphere, culture of people that strive to be better every day, team outings every quarter.
Amazing Place To Work!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 7, 2015
This is a company that understands how to take care of employees. Everyone works hard for one another, and all are paid well for their efforts. We spend 40+ hours together each week and have the company environment to be able to enjoy that time together.

If you manage to get a job with Master Dry, I hope you realize how lucky you are. If is not your average workplace.
Pros
The best company culture I've ever been a part of.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Hands down the best place to work in Knoxville
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 27, 2015
I joined the Master Dry team in February of this year full time and spent several months last year as an intern. To find a company who truly cares for their employees, customers and community is rare. Every day at Master Dry I am challenged to do better and given the support needed to meet and exceed my goals.

I look forward to working at Master Dry for years to come!
Pros
Job autonomy, able to have a life after work, supportive team environment
April 6, 2016

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it! There's nothing like being able to enjoy your job!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Master Service Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4