MasterCorp Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Divertido e interacción con diversas personas de diferentes paises
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg,VirginiaAugust 10, 2018
Mastecorp es la mejor empresa en resort me gustó trabajar mucho en ello porque te dan una calidad de vida buena
Pros
Privado
Cons
No ha refrigerio
Good place with awesome surroundings
Housemen (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 6, 2018
The Diamond resort Hotel in Palm Springs has an incredible pool. it also has a nice view around. The hotel has friendly and awesome people but they do not pay much.
Fast paced work enviorment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 2, 2018
Very fast paced work environment. Competitive pay. Learned a lot of skills in relation to the field of Hospitality Management. Got OSHA certified in commercial cleaning and the procedure thereto
Pros
Potentially good pay. Potentially good benefits. Ability to travel within company
Cons
Stressfull at times. Chain of Command at times are biased.
NOT a good place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJuly 31, 2018
the pay is horrible and the managers talk about everybody in a negative way . they don’t care if you have an emergency or if you are very sick they still want you at work but if they have a simple problem it’s okay for them to miss work . i want a new job so bad
Pros
there aren’t any
Cons
everything is a con
Was one of the worst places that I have worked.
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hollister, MOJuly 30, 2018
Worked long hard hours with little home life. Would have been fine if you are single and only live for your job. Would not recommend working with this company until they find more suitable managers.
First week
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJuly 30, 2018
First i started working there everyone was completely nice then after that completely rude even during emergencys! They honestly should fix the carts before the housekeepers arrive to save time so housekeepers arent rushed!
Pros
Cons
No lunches
Stressful but can be peaceful
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJuly 27, 2018
Working for Mastercorp was good at first, after my first week management didn't care about your well being and always treated everyone like we didn't matter and were easily replaceable. (I'm not saying we weren't replaceable) but, it's more motivational to feel like you aren't. Now, this could be just my manager at the time, but, this was only my experience.
Pros
Alone time
Cons
no breaks, power trooper, etc.
great
Dispatch, Supervisora y Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 26, 2018
assign rooms to housekeeping staff , assured units are prepared in a timely manner and turned in by 4pm in time for check in , make sure all units are prepared under mastercorp standards.
Productive and fun
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 25, 2018
Great place to work get to meet a lot of people in general and its relaxing. Always had a smile on my face coming to work and leaving. amazing company
Pros
Free lunch
Not very friendly
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ridgedale, MOJuly 21, 2018
The managers where rude, wouldn't let us have water when it was 90+ degrees outside, didn't care about health problems, wouldn't let me have lunch break.
Not what i expected
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 20, 2018
I work for this company for all of 1 month and 3 days and it was horrible. My check rate kept fluctuating. I started in training making $8.50 and when my training was over I was supposed to be making $10 as a supervisor and that never happened. Every time I would go and ask about my pay rate they would keep telling me something different. When I got a check it would say $8.50 or $8.62 an hour the highest I've made on the check was $9.26 and that was hardly enough to pay anything. If you're considering working here make sure that your pay rate correct and keep up with your hours so you don't get cheated out of money.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Good place to start out in housekeeping
Housekeeping Supervisor QA Inspector (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 16, 2018
Nice place to get your foot in the door in the housekeeping feild. Great for younger people straight out of highschool or college who needs to pay basic livig costs but unless you promote to a higher position the pay is fairly low for the work load.
Pros
Nice people to work with, weekly pay
Cons
Low pay, heavy paced work environment, stressful
Poorly ran
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJuly 11, 2018
Very stressful and hard place to work also management always changing. Couldn't get all work and calls done no matter how good or fast you were. Emloyees always overturning.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Poor management always changing people
Stressful and Deceitful
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJuly 8, 2018
Upper Management says they support you and but they are in it for themselves. They talk a good game to the Resort Managers and throw the Site Managers to the wolves without any concerns. The company can not hiring enough people to staff the sites so they bring people in from out of the country to fill in. We had to deal with the local police weekly and there were many conflicts with the local staff. Not a good environment to work in. Also when you bring up a concern with Regional or Corporate Officers you get the run around and then turn around and blame the staff. Not a culture of truth or growth with in the company.
Pros
Did not have to work many late nights but was expected to.
Cons
Too many to list
Stressful and undervalued job
Director of Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDJuly 6, 2018
MasterCorp has the potential to be better, they are trying to change the culture. But they have a lot of the “old MasterCorp “ still there and the old mentality will not go away until they are held more accountable.

MasterCorp also doesn’t consider a work life balance. I worked 63 days straight on 2 different occasions and I was “told” to take a day off but had no one to manage if I did take the day off.

I believe MasterCorp can be great, They just need to open their eyes to who will be great for them and who is detrimental to work there trying to get to.
Pros
Good benefits for management and line employees control their hours.
Cons
Management will be under paid and work with no chance of a life.
Mastercorp
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 4, 2018
Okay place to work if you like piece work. Is a bilingual place to work. The pace is fast. The cleaning is thorough. Work hard get more work. Management is all around friendly.
Cleaning for resort
Housekeeper-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edisto Island, SCJune 30, 2018
This is a cleaning service. The faster you cab clean the more money you can make. Supervisor go behind you and check your units, if not correct will call you back to relearn.
Pros
Big chance in job advancement. Very larger conpany.
Real bad
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Flint, TXJune 30, 2018
You wind up only getting 2-3 units to clean at the location I worked at. $100 a week paychecks. They provide a shirt to wear but take money out of your paycheck for it. You can take a break but its best not to so you can hope to clean more units. Management was OK, they had entirely too many Housekeepers.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Paid by the Unit
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 27, 2018
Pros Good money once you know the job end get velocity because they pay per unit cons no breaks or lunche for the housekeepings and on this place and all kind hospitality industries they work all halidays and weekends and sometimes over time
Pros
Good money
Cons
No brakes
Awful place due to bad manager on site.
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Desert Rose Las VegasJune 16, 2018
There áre a few manager, assistants, supervisors, etc Taking advantage over the Workers. Workplace harassment is. something daily. Too Many workers have to quit cause bad MGMT. Nobody comes to meeting the workers. Is a really insane place.
Pros
Cons
Harassment if You complaining.