Masterson Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not good
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 10, 2018
Masterson Staffing is pretty similar to Wisconsin Industrial Staffing. Masterson Staffing does not offer any benefits and the pay on their jobs isn't the best. Definitely not enough to live on.
Good place to start when searching for a job
Temp to Hire (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 29, 2018
Fairly easy hiring process, frequently communicate with contract employees while on the job during the training process. Will work to place in a new position if requested
Temp service
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 21, 2018
Horriblei hate temp services and this place dosent have many jobs and ive known them for years usually they offer the same dead end jobs that pay any one to do repetative tasks
Terrible place to work
Internal Employee (Former Employee) –  WisconsinApril 26, 2018
Masterson is laughable when it comes to their competitors. Their processes are outdated, the employee experience is ridiculous, the office staff is a revolving door due to paying considerably lower than the average wage per position. They expect you to use your own vehicle and then pay 40 cents per mile when the average is 53 to 57 cents. I could go on all day, but bottom line, run far and fast!
Masterson staffing solutions
Factory Temp (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNApril 26, 2018
Good temp agency to work for. The office staff are very kind and professional.Never been short on hours for paycheck and you can sign into your time card to review your hours worked at every place that you work.Also they do offer benifits.
Pros
just communicate and your job is safe.
Cons
No raises
Stressful
Recruiter/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Osseo, MNApril 25, 2018
Had goals to obtain, even when office was busy with actual employees. Always short on employees to be sent out on jobs. Employee's expectations were not realistic. Always in fear of losing your job because of a mistake. Training was minimal, just enough to get by, but no detail. Home Office would call you to report to you mistakes you had made and disciplinary actions threatened. Hours were from 7:30am to minimum of 5:30pm, most times longer. Only 1/2 hour lunch, when you could take one
Pros
Regular employees in office I worked were friendly.
Cons
Threats and hours
A quality place
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 22, 2018
The atmosphere at the fair was electric and the customers were really nice.I would definitely recommend this job to people who loved going to the state fair.
Pros
Free Drinks
Okay
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNApril 12, 2018
Okay. It is a flexible site to work at. Very helpful when it comes to planning a family and work life balance. Get to know many diverse cultures and personalities which is a plus.
Breaks own rules
Document Scanner / Operator (Seasonal- DRC) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 9, 2018
Worked on a site where there was a dress code policy and cell phone policy which both were not enforced by Masterson or the client.
Masterson did not know what shift they needed me on and told me they would get back to me over the weekend which still when they called to confirm two days later they still had no idea.
The client site and Masterson Office were very unprofessional.
Pros
Very helpful friendly helpful staff
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  St. Croix Falls, WIApril 6, 2018
I am very pleased with my job at Masterson Staffing Solutions. Workers are all helpful and nice. No complaints at all. Low stress, great hours and great coworkers
Pros
Helpful, friendly staff
Worst place ever
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIApril 5, 2018
This company is a joke. They treat their employees like dirt. There is no room for advancement and you do not get any praise for all the hard work you do. Not to mention you’re promised raises and you never receive raises!
Pros
Cons
Too many to name!
A job if you need it
Temporary Manufacturing Employee (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 2, 2018
Where to begin... in the beginning it was fair, upon realizing there was going to be no room for advancement or receiving any raises or getting hired in at a location. One of the most ironic things is there is no loyalty for perfect attendance; the closest to any compassion is a referral program where you refer a family and friends. In the long run... 8 hour shifts 40 hour weeks with possibly mandatory weekend overtime. It is fair to say it is a job but not a career. What I learned never give up searching the longer you ideally tread water eventually you’ll sink in this temporary staffing game. Management is at the end of the day is a contracted goon for the company they service. Workplace culture, stay low and silent. The hard part of the job is getting out of an assignment cause of unhappy conditions, they are not eager to release you from one to another. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself is the juice worth the squeeze...
Pros
It’s employment
Cons
Everything else
Decent place to work.
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 2, 2018
Helpful in finding the right place to work. Variey of different jobs to work at. Good pay. Very flexible. Very helpful and explains jobs well. Weekly pay.
Poor place to work! Huge turnover with management.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIMarch 25, 2018
Management doesn’t offer raises. Huge turnover in management. No room for advancement. Very old school with the way they do things makes things extremely inefficient.
Pros
Nothing comes to mind
Cons
No raises. Horrible management.
Bad unprofessional
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNMarch 25, 2018
This place only put you where they need you instead of giving you what fits my skills. The jobs were low paying. I would not recommend any body there are not a good staffing agency.
You'r just a dollar sign
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Grantsburg, WIMarch 23, 2018
They screwed up my direct deposit twice causing me to have to drive an extra 100 plus miles. They have no idea who they are talking to when you call. I have not seen a check stub since they got my direct deposit working.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
poor employ employer relationship
Ok job
Warehouse/Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 12, 2018
It was work, walked around warehouse pulling hand cart to move heavy pallets and sort items. Nothing special it was a job till something better came along
it was a job
Temporary Staff (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MNMarch 11, 2018
it was a job. Did not learn any new skills. shifts were not always consistent. It was a source of income while between jobs. I wish that they had more management positions to fill in at.
Great way to get started
Temp (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, MNFebruary 17, 2018
Mastersons was a great place to work while looking for another job. It is a great way to get your feet on the ground, the biggest complaint I have is the ability to maintain the jobs. There seems to be little job security, which is understandable because of the type of work.
Pros
Always work, decent pay
Cons
Little job security
Corrupt environment with disrespectful and shady people
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 11, 2018
The call center they sent me had horrid management, terrible employees, and harassment of all kinds. I brought it to the recruiter's attention but she didn't implement any changes, I didn't feel protected as an employee and in the least did it feel like they even cared. I learned that Human Resources is important to utilize, but everyone seemed too scared to make that big step for positive changes instead they left things as is and turned the other cheek. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay every week instead of biweekly, the hardest part was dealing with all of the unnecessary hectic environment in the job they placed me in. Don't go through Masterson, they do not have their best interest for you in mind when it comes to providing a decent job.
Pros
Can take break whenever, and it was paid for
Cons
Poor Managmenet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masterson Staffing Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.0InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

1.0Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight