Masterson Staffing Solutions Employee Reviews

It was a fun and exciting place to work for
MEDICAL ASSEMBLY, MARKET RESEARCH (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 13, 2018
I have referred multiple people to work for them. They are very understanding and look for the best interest for you and the job that best fits your needs.
Pros
onsite hire with benefits
Cons
some jobs they have may not offer the exact hours or days you need
A job if you need it
Temporary Manufacturing Employee (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 2, 2018
Where to begin... in the beginning it was fair, upon realizing there was going to be no room for advancement or receiving any raises or getting hired in at a location. One of the most ironic things is there is no loyalty for perfect attendance; the closest to any compassion is a referral program where you refer a family and friends. In the long run... 8 hour shifts 40 hour weeks with possibly mandatory weekend overtime. It is fair to say it is a job but not a career. What I learned never give up searching the longer you ideally tread water eventually you’ll sink in this temporary staffing game. Management is at the end of the day is a contracted goon for the company they service. Workplace culture, stay low and silent. The hard part of the job is getting out of an assignment cause of unhappy conditions, they are not eager to release you from one to another. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself is the juice worth the squeeze...
Pros
It’s employment
Cons
Everything else
I enjoyed working for Masterson Staffing.
Standardized Test Grader (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 30, 2018
It is hard to complain when they pay you well, offer benefits and let you work as many hours as you want. Definitely made life as a temp worker a bit less stressful because we felt like we were being taken care of.
Not good
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 10, 2018
Masterson Staffing is pretty similar to Wisconsin Industrial Staffing. Masterson Staffing does not offer any benefits and the pay on their jobs isn't the best. Definitely not enough to live on.
Masterson staffing solutions
Factory Temp (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNApril 26, 2018
Good temp agency to work for. The office staff are very kind and professional.Never been short on hours for paycheck and you can sign into your time card to review your hours worked at every place that you work.Also they do offer benifits.
Pros
just communicate and your job is safe.
Cons
No raises
Stressful physical labor
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WI 53214July 23, 2018
It was stressful. I had to work very long hours and the job was not consistent as it was through a temporary agency. the pay was low for living in the city and the labor could be taxing.
Pros
quick job hire
Cons
hard labor, low pay.
Poor place to work! Huge turnover with management.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIMarch 25, 2018
Management doesn’t offer raises. Huge turnover in management. No room for advancement. Very old school with the way they do things makes things extremely inefficient.
Pros
Nothing comes to mind
Cons
No raises. Horrible management.
Worst place ever
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIApril 5, 2018
This company is a joke. They treat their employees like dirt. There is no room for advancement and you do not get any praise for all the hard work you do. Not to mention you’re promised raises and you never receive raises!
Pros
Cons
Too many to name!
Good environment
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 30, 2018
Great people its a great place with good people fair jobs some short term some long term conveinent location. Weekly pay most jobs no weekends the possibilty for overtime.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short term
Great staffing agency
Core Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Ripon, WIJanuary 20, 2019
Before I was diagnosed an properly stabilized my life issues I went through assignment after assignment with Masterson staffing they always had my back till their was no more clients I could go through an when I was terminated from 1 assignment they had me another assignment within a week
Pros
They always have work
Cons
Travel distance to the assignments
Management lies to cover their mistakes..
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hartford WINovember 6, 2018
I will never work for or recommend this company ever again.
The branch manager has lied thru her teeth and continues to.
Can't prove it but I am sure they blacklisted my name as I could not get employment anywhere, even "easy to get into" places, after my employment ended with them.
Pros
Cons
Lieing people that do not care how it affects your life. Do not trust them.
Beginner only
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNOctober 25, 2018
If you're just joining the workforce then yeah work here. Definitely gain perspective on the job, people of all types, and what animosity looks like. If you're a minority then welcome to target city.
Pros
Cons
Management, pay, leadership
Fast paced but relaxed environment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MNAugust 15, 2018
Absolutely loved working here and wish it would've been a permanent job. Staff was filled with amazing and friendly people. Only down side of this family owned company is that they employed family. This didnt really cause any problems from a business stand point but the favoritism was aparent during certain times. Supervising staff had some super fun team building games and always makes the employees feel appreciated and well known.
Pros
Great staff, easy going attitude, promotes internally
Cons
Hard to get full time permanent employment, favoritism towards family staff
fast paced and very exciting workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 8, 2018
Masterson staffing was in charge of hiring people to work in the dairy building during the state fair. A typical day started out pretty fast paced and remained so for the entire day, unless the weather wasn't nice. You get through a lot of customers in one day so there isn't a lot of time to relax during a shift. The hardest part is definitely keeping up with customer demand and trying to turnover as many people as possible.
Pros
free product, flexible scheduling, friendly staff
Cons
temporary/seasonal job
A good place to work for
Bell Ringer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor iFebruary 5, 2019
Masterson Staffing will work with you if you need time off ; come in later; they go out of way to find you a temporary job in what your skills are.If you are looking for Full./ Part Time positions
Pros
Get paid weekly.
Good place to start
Temp employee (Current Employee) –  New Ulm, MNJanuary 3, 2019
The recruiter at the office cared about making sure the job I was placed at was a good fit for me. He took the time to listen to my concerns and had good communication with the company I was placed at.
Temp Services
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 15, 2018
Like most staffing companies its a start for someone looking for work but not permanent. Would not depend on them solely but be actively looking for employment.
Temporary staffing agency, not too much advancement opportunities
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Waseca, MNOctober 22, 2013
Typical day is, going to the factory and filling pockets and skid stacking for 12 hours with 10 minute breaks every 2 hours and a 20 minute break for lunch, we do rotate from pockets to skid stacking every 3 hours. I've learned that if you are young and looking to make some extra money, that a temp agency is right for you, but if you are looking to find a career and work your way up and support your family that you should steer clear of temp work. Co-workers are usually just about anyone they can get in and sometimes that creates problems. Hardest part of the job is getting motivation to get up out of bed and going to work to actually work more the you get paid for. Enjoyable part about the job is you get paid every week which is nice and can help sometimes.
Pros
I get paid every Friday, flexible schedule.
Cons
Low pay, no vacation, poor hours, poor benefits.
Horrible place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, MNSeptember 26, 2018
The people at buffalo are slobby looking girls. Who talk about you in front of customers. And theyll mess up your pay dont work for these people if i could rate 0 stars i would
Worst Company to Work For
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 22, 2015
Long hours, no consistency in scheduling, no HR department to report harassment to. I was guaranteed a raise after 90 days, that never happened. I was harassed by clients and upper management, yet when I reported I was punished. I was forced to work in an extremely hostile environment, I was blamed for other people's mistakes, and forced to do the work of 3 people. Because of being understaffed I was over worked and under paid.
Pros
Cons
Lacks morals, no support, low pay, high stress, hostile environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masterson Staffing Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.0InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

1.0Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight