MasteryPrep Employee Reviews

Mastery Prep was a Good Part-Time Job
ACT Prep Instructor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 24, 2018
Mastery Prep was a great company. The pay was competitive and I enjoyed the job. Half of your time was spent in the classroom and the other half was at home preparing for the next school day.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Hours
Cons
Communication wasn't always great
The company is suffering from rapid growth.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Caddo Parish, LAOctober 23, 2017
Management was slow to respond to request. Payment for work for slow or ignored. The work culture was ignored. I learned the importance of details from MP's administration. They did not provide it thus I learned on a day to day learning curve.

I learned to manage my time and be super prepared each day. The most enjoyable portion of the job is the students.
Pros
Making a difference in students lives
Cons
The company was growing its business too rapidly.
Challenging yet rewarding teaching opportunity in Philadelphia
Math and Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2017
Working at Mastery Prep Middle is demanding and challenging but a wonderful way to develop as a teacher. The job requires well-developed classroom-management skills.
Stay away!
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 9, 2017
Company will sell you a dream and let you go without warning.... There culture is mainly based of white people so be careful about speaking your mind if you are a minority......

Worked as a Salesperson and a teacher and now im working as a contractor.... The company does not care about anything but sales and training is horrible

Had to learn everything on my own!
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Too Many to List
Not trustworthy
Former member (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 15, 2017
Great pay however too many politics involved. Not supportive of their employees. Will relieve employee of duty without sufficient warning. Not friendly or caring for employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No support system, will let you go without prior notice
Think long and hard about working for this company.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 30, 2017
A very unstable company. Entrepreneurs that created a business with no education background. If you are a retired teacher you will realize immediately they are in a constant state of confusion within the company.
Pros
Helping the students achieve a higher ACT score.
Cons
No job security, will let you go with no warning. A revolving door of employees in and out. Management is very weak.
Great Mission - Lack of Security
Certified Teacher (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 2, 2017
This company has great materials and an even greater set of values. However, if no school decides to contract them, you may not have a job the next semester. This uncertainty is frightening, especially with the financial straits education is in.
Productive fun environment
School Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 22, 2017
As a startup, MasteryPrep is constantly evolving and growing. Within my department, this results in having to do a lot of problem solving in tandem with your regular tasks. This job has definitely given me a great learning experience.
Pros
Fun young co-workers, flexible schedule
Cons
Constant changes
Workday
Curriculum Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day of work consists of a lot of tasks for me. I usually start my day by checking emails and having a morning huddle with management, to check on the day's priorities. I work on the priorities, and then I start fulfilling the purchase orders that we get in throughout the day. Once the mail comes, I get a lot of testing in, so I start the testing and analysis process (grade tests). Throughout all of this, my coworkers make my job more manageable by joking around and helping me when I absolutely need it. The hardest part of my job is the heavy lifting of books when I need to fulfill an order with a lot of workbook sets. The most enjoyable part is getting to interact with our customers.
Pros
Free Breakfast once a month, fun coworkers
Cons
Pay & Benefits are low