Mastro's Restaurants Employee Reviews

Great Money, spotty management, But flexible with Vacation time
Server/Trainer/Sommelier (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Never had a holiday off, paid for benefits.... but money is great. Now open 365 nights per year. Product is unparalleled.
Pros
Money
Cons
Very little personal care for employees
Amazing and fun culture with great people, food and service and high expectations!
Executive Assistant / Operations Coordinator  (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 22, 2013
We has a small team but produced big numbers! We operated more like a small, family run business rather than a huge corporation. Our corporate overheard was minimal but that allowed our team members, especially me, to take on more responsibility. I ended up wearing multiple hats and helped out with training, wine and spirits, food training and overall operations while still doing my main executive assistant and development duties. I got to travel to visit existing stores to maintain quality and visit new potential locations. The hardest part was always being on. I had a flexible work schedule and autonomy but with that, had to be available early mornings, nights and weekends. I loved my job so it wasn't a con but slightly difficult to maintain work/life balance. The best part was our team. We had the best group of people in both our corporate office and in the restaurants. We had a fearless leader, my direct boss, that become a mentor to me in the industry.
Pros
everything
Cons
too small to move into high executive role