MAT Holdings, Inc Employee Reviews

Very fast pace
Welder (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 14, 2018
They are a very fast paced place but they take care of their employees and do what they can to help the production get done faster they listen to the employees ideas
Productive Employees but Management was no good.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 12, 2018
Managers, would not supply the warehouse associates with the appropriate tools to get the job done. Safety was a major issue that I was surprised OSHA was not called to report hazardous environment. Pallets of Ladders falling, Reckless Forklift driving, and electrical hazards.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Horrible Corporate Management
Fun environment to work in
Picker (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJuly 25, 2018
I liked working at MAT Holdings. Everyone was very helpful. It was a relaxed place to work at but also fast paced. I would work there again if I could.
Okay
loading and unloading (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJuly 20, 2018
Its okay not the bestjob, but it pays some of the bills.

Hard work unloading trucks.
Hot warehouse no ac only in offices.
One fan on the docks.
30Min lunch break.
Make sure you have a frozen case of water.
No fridge or lunch room.
Cons
Short break
Dont do it
Worker (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJuly 3, 2018
Sad to say, I use to work for this company but I’m definitely looking for something else! Its not the job, its the people that work there, from op manager, to warehouse supervisor, to supervisor, to leads! The pay is very low, not enough to survive off of! There is no moving up with this company, management talk to you like you’re not human, and the raises aint worth it for those who really do work hard! Your work goes unnoticed and unappreciated!
Pros
Early morning
Cons
Low pay
Excellent place for work
AP Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 24, 2018
It was great laboral experience. Very enriching for me. Good professionals work in this company. Great supervisor and manager. Good working environment for employees, support to grow up.
Great company to work for
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMay 2, 2018
I was happy when I worked here. I was trained properly. Everyone was super helpful. The only reason I left was because I had to relocate. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ I would work here again
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Medicore compensation
Horrible accounting manager. Watched everyone like a hawk. No on was allowed to talk.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 22, 2018
The accounts payable position is constantly being filled. The manager is horrible. Micro manages everyone. O matter how hard you work, you will never be a team player
Very good company to work for
Weld department (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 9, 2018
This was a very good company to work for, unfortunately i was having a lot of problems at home at the time but if i had the chance to go back to MAT i would
MAT Holding Inc is a joke!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 7, 2018
There is no opportunity for job advancement at MAT Holding. They start off at low pay at $11 hour and work you to the bone. They over work you and under pay you. They hire desperate people to keep the business running that settle for the low pay. I took this job as an opportunity to get my foot in the door and try to move up. I have my forklift certification and asked management to be considered for a forklift position when an opening was available. Management said they would consider me, then to my surprise on the day that the warehouse is closed, when no employees are present management had a job fair and hired 5 forklift drivers straight to company at $14 hour from the outside. I have been waiting 3 months with the company for an opportunity. I have never been late or called off and work hard. I wasn't even given the opportunity to apply for the position. The managers like to down talk the employees and verbally crack whips to try to improve production but its only discouraging the employees and a lot of employees never come back. Employees need encouragement and incentives to drive production and not to be put down by saying we don't work hard enough when we work as hard as we can. We are not work horses or machines. I tried to stick it out with this company but they don't want to give me career advancement opportunities.
Pros
early hours
Cons
bad management, no career opportunities, no benefits, hard labor work for low pay
Has potential
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Grove, ILJanuary 12, 2018
The work itself was very interesting and enjoyable. The company staffed its departments very lean and there was a big delay in response time to customers.
communication is the key
Purchasing / Project Buyer (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 2, 2017
β€’ Requests price and delivery quotations, issues purchase orders, and negotiates or assists in negotiating with prospective vendors as necessary.
β€’ Review purchase quantities/price breaks for best buy opportunities.
β€’ Groups purchases into economical order sizes to obtain best price, quality and delivery performance.
β€’ Enters and maintains accurate purchasing parameters (lead times, replenishment location/method, and primary vendor).
Brand strategy was lacking to make position successful
Regional Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Grove, ILSeptember 18, 2017
No strategic long range plan to grow the company.
There was no accountability up the ladder and there was not much communication up the ladder of the company.
Pros
They always paid me on time.
Cons
Very little communication from upper management.
warehouse job
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILSeptember 8, 2017
The warehouse i was working in was not the best place to work. they did not take care of employees and was very racist toward some groups. No real leadership
Good workplace
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Grove, ILAugust 15, 2017
This company is a good work place. I worked at this company for sixteen years. I learned a lot. The co-workers are good. Company benefits are good....
Great Place to Work with Advancement Opportunities
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 3, 2017
I have worked for this company for a little over a year. As an African American female I thought, based on other places I worked, I would never have a chance to move up. Since I started here, I have received a pay raise as well as a promotion. The Supervisor is always looking to grow the team and has support from the HR Manager. I can always get answers and help when needed. Come join me at MAT!
Pros
4 day work week, Large Cafeteria with TV's
Cons
Low pay for assembly
Horrible place to work, with no advancement opportunity
Production (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 21, 2017
I have been an Employee for several years, no internal promotions provided, no where close to market pay, and always chose to hire from outside, without interviewing from within. I would stay away, and find somewhere with advancement chances!!!
Good people
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 4, 2017
Great schedule, good workers. Will work you if you work efficient, productive, and, being a yes man. Nice having 3 days off and 40 plus hours a week..
A day at MAT Holdings
Electric Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILApril 11, 2017
I liked working at MAT Holdings . The environment was clean on most days. The managers & emoployees treated ytou with respect. If you made an error your manager did a good job help correcting your mistakes . The training at MAT Holdings was fanaminal .They did a great job on training me on the EPJ
Pros
Worked by your own
Cons
Short breaks
Very high paced, difficult to advance, company is relocating
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMarch 22, 2017
Ship to fulfill 350 Home Depot stores, also for Amazon and Walmart. Workplace culture again fast paced, no room for error. Keeping all the orders on time for delivery with this high pace and number of loads shipping daily.
Pros
Job security, prior to the company moving
Cons
Company relocated