Match Marketing Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great Position For Those Who Like Flexibility
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 12, 2018
You get to work in a great environment with the team leaders and team members who provide hands on training.

The employee orientation is very good and provides a lot of information about the company, policies and procedures, and what you will experience in store while working on resets and other jobs.

It is seasonal work and projects are as needed by area, but its great flexibility and a good way to be on a roster and team that provides flexibility with your schedule.

The resets are typically 8 days in length for certain time frames and if you really like working with people and your hands, you will LOVE working here.
Pros
flexibility, variety of jobs resets, remodels, 1 to 2 hour jobs, dvd kiosk servicing is sometimes available too to help supplement income
Cons
none at this time
Not worth your time
Retail merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2018
Not worth your time.
Management/Supervisor are unprofessional,
Never enough hours
Low hourly rate
Management does not return phone call messages, nor emails.
Breaks are short

Be more forthcoming about job expectations, wages, and hours to new prospects. People do depend on their paycheck, yours is never quite enough.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Waist of time..
Not Real
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 16, 2018
These aren’t ‘real’ jobs. Use extreme caution before spending money on clothes, fuel, etc. It appears the job description did get a little better, though it’s not telling you how infrequently you get work. Just know it’s extra pocket change, not a living.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Everything else
Don't Bother
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 6, 2018
My first shift was cancelled for no reason and then I wasn't ever scheduled for another one even after being told by management I would be. No communication whatsoever unless you bend over backwards.
Cons
management is a joke
Raspberry Award
Tsam Leader Merchansiser (Former Employee) –  Iowa Falls, IAFebruary 15, 2018
This is the most unprofessional, sloppy company that seems to be able to somehow turn a profit. No training. No work-alongs with managers...all over the phone because they're scattered throughout the US. I don't know how companies like Loreal "Covergirl can give them work. They should be a bit more discernable about who represents their products in-store.

I was told during a brief phone interview that I would get plenty of hours...which I did until the end of cosmetic reset season. Then it was 1 hour a week.

They also merchandise Redbox. I was told that I could do that to supplement my hours but it never happened. Now I'm back in a professional position with more pay and an actual corporate structure.
Lies
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MontanaFebruary 15, 2018
they advertise up to 40 hours a week, and then after going through everything. You are told then that at most you can do is 20 a month.
The hiring process was rushed and not very professionally presented or executed.
Pros
Cons
lying, deceptive and hiring process is rushed and not professional
Sounded great in the beginning!
Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTJanuary 28, 2018
After being given instructions to do the 1st job, the second I received no contact from Management nor would she return my calls or emails. No on the job training, you just need to know how to do resets.
Good luck......Your Gonna Need It!!!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 7, 2018
First, when I was getting hired i was told it was full time. I was with them for close to a year, I think, cant be sure because i wasnt fired just never heard from them anymore not that I ever heard from them much anyway. In that year I worked a total 2 jobs and when I asked about being full time I was told Seniority gets first pick on the jobs/hours. So basically unless you been there 12+ years dont even bother. The 2 jobs i did get were 3+ months apart and all together they didnt add up to 40 hrs and whatever you do dont upset your scheduler by asking about more work cause you upset her and you wont get anything. Because once again unless youve been there a decade or more and can gossip on the phone, while on the job, with her you wont see the inside of a store....ever. There is NO WAY to support yourself let alone a family with this huge waste of time, job advancement wasnt even thought of, I got more hours and more experience, from a 5 minute job training video from my other jobs then I ever actually worked for this company. It was a complete joke!!! USELESS! Huge waste of my time and energy!
This company should be listed under day jobs!!
Pros
Cons
Every aspect of the "job"
Excellent Experience but Very Intense
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 26, 2017
I have learned so much at Match MG and am thankful for the transferable skills I have acquired. I enjoy working at Match very much; however, there is an issue with work/life balance and excessive extra hours.
rochester boss for red cross is a grump
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 20, 2017
upstate new york boss for red cross does nothing to resolve issues -just passes the buck in order to keep his own nose clean- has no people qualities at all- horrible guy to work for
great job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 5, 2017
good job to make extra money very flexable schedule. work as many hours you like open shifts as well as minamal supervision. travel to different store areas
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
takes to long to recive your check.
hours arent good but pay is okay
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, CAJuly 24, 2017
dont work here manager favors employees and does not know how to talk to her employees and the hours suck they also dont pay you for mileage some of my jobs were over 50miles and my manager would complain.
Pros
okay pay
Cons
no hours
Not truthful
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 13, 2017
This company does not care about their lower level employees. They minimal concerns for an individual home life. All they care about is the job getting done at any cost. The pay is substandard, the company doesn't reward current employees we. This company hire new employees with no experience at $12 - $15 dollars to start while refusing to pay current employees equal amount. They would pay team leads $11 o $12 and require team to train new employees who makes more them. Require that we perform all duties according to budget.
Pros
Non
Cons
Substard pay, High turn over rate
what?
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  HalifaxOctober 26, 2014
I worked as technical support for Match one summer. They told me I would be employed for 2 months, which was perfect because I only needed a job until I returned to school in the fall. However, they only ended up scheduling me for 2 weeks. After asking my boss when I'd be scheduled next he said he didn't know and I never heard back. The same thing happened to about 10 other employees who were working in similar positions. The money was decent and I wish the job would have lasted as long as I was expecting.
Pros
Easy work, decent salary
Cons
Not enough shifts