Match Marketing Employee Reviews

productive
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 1, 2018
i liked convergence marketing because you were not tied down to one location. i would travel all over i really liked that part about the job the most.
Pros
per diem
Cons
healthcare
Worst company I've ever worked for!
Team Leader Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2018
No communication, direction, training or leadership. Retaliation from HR if you bring these issues to them. Didn't receive my first paycheck until a month after my first shift and this is a job where you have to pay for your OWN travel between locations that are 30 or more miles apart! I literally paid to work for them. Absolutely ridiculous and criminal.
Pros
Not one.
Cons
No communication, training, compensation, leadership and you will deal with retaliation from HR if you speak out against these issues.
Good extra money!
Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 12, 2018
You won't get rich with this job, but if you're looking for something that allows for total flexibility this is for you! Yes, it is a PART-TIME job that allows you to work on your own, at your own pace while helping keep businesses compliant. I love my job!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
A few hours a week
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 29, 2018
This company only have work for a 20 hours or less a week, you have to drive close 30 miles . but they only will pay mileage after 30 miles, so you also have to pay for gasoline driven long distances.
Pros
start early
Cons
few hours only
great place to work
Retail Support Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 9, 2018
Love the company great work life balance. Great company overall I enjoy my job as well as the people I work with. Great work environment I've learned tons of new information and I'm excited to grow with the company.
Time for me to move on.
Merchandiser Team Leader (Current Employee) –  MarylandAugust 9, 2018
A company that cares too much about the people who sit behind a desk and not nearly enough about the people working in the field. Without field reps there is no company.
Great If you are self sufficient
Team Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJuly 30, 2018
No 2 days are the same, when you find a great team to work with you've found a good thing.

Reporting to stores, completing the work onsite reporting it and going on about your day. It very easy. It is great for busy bodied individuals with several jobs who like working on their own.
Pros
Working in different locations, Only reporting to upper management over the phone not in person
Cons
Inconsistent work, Far commutes
Jobs varied from 1 hour to 12+ all depended on the time of year
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 29, 2018
During seasonal cosmetic resets hours were long and very busy. Off season jobs were an hour or so. The rural area I live in (in central PA) some jobs would require long drive times.
Pros
Fast paced chalenging enviroment.
Cons
Long drive times.
Great learning experience
Convergence Marketing (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. It was a job worth working for. I just did my job to the best of my ability. Resets were the most easy part of the job.
Good company to work for.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 3, 2018
I just started working for Match MG and have not had a lot of jobs yet. We are in a down time. I do enjoy working for Match MG and hope to get more opportunities as far as days to work.
Pros
Ability to choose days I work.
Cons
None.
Match Gets Your Foot In the Door
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 15, 2018
Match offers merchandising and administrative positions. I started off as a temp in the call center. Within 90 days, they hired me on perm and promoted me to Team Lead. As a team lead in the call center, i lead special projects and worked closely with client services. After a year of assisting, I was promoted to project coordinator in client services... and that's when the work became overwhelming. My direct supervisor had me doing work above my pay grade. I expressed my concerns, and instead of giving me a promotion, they hired someone outside of the company and had me train them on the work i previously said was out of my pay grade. Needless to say, I quit.

Aside from this one shady incident, Match has provided a fun, healthy work environment. It was hard for me to leave because the office is so close knit, like a second family. I still keep in touch with old coworkers. Regardless of my 1 bad experience, I still refer people to work for Match.
Pros
Free products, Luncheons, Great benefits, Fun work environment, opportunity to travel
Cons
work-life balance, working from home to meet a deadline
Work alone or with a group
Retail Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 9, 2018
I've found that this company provides a good work balance.
Unfortunately the area manager plays favorites and you can be scheduled very few shifts.When they have contract work there is plenty of hours ex. spring set or fall set
Pros
Direct deposit, flexiablity in hours
Cons
no holiday pay, not being scheduled hours
It can be hard, but satisfying when the end result is seen.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 5, 2018
Arriving at the store speaking to the Manager, finding fixtures and POG. Reviewing the set to be completed, arranging all fixtures and product. When finished ordering parts/graphics as needed and reviewing set with Manager explaining any follow up needed by the store. Filling out paper work required by Match and sending pictures if needed of new set. Each store has unique features so that the job is always a learning experience, I am able to build on skills learned in other sets.
Poor management decisions, high turnover
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 21, 2018
A chaotic management style & undefined corporate purpose made the work very challenging and sadly, unfulfilling. Every day a fire-drill of some kind with some poorly thought out corporate level decisions that needlessly add pressure on the team. The company seems to operate under a "short-term" mentality.
Poorly defined company goals, lack of investment in resources and infrastructure. No clear path for advancement.
That said there are many many talented & dedicated staff in all departments. Work can be interesting- if properly staffed to accommodate the complexity and volume.
Pros
Nice office, some Superstar staffers
Cons
Unrewarding both financially and intellectually
merchandiser
Merchandiser/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 18, 2018
I enjoy the variety of projects with this company. The work isn't as consistent as it used to be so I can't depend on weekly work from them. I wish they had more work available.
Great Position For Those Who Like Flexibility
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 12, 2018
You get to work in a great environment with the team leaders and team members who provide hands on training.

The employee orientation is very good and provides a lot of information about the company, policies and procedures, and what you will experience in store while working on resets and other jobs.

It is seasonal work and projects are as needed by area, but its great flexibility and a good way to be on a roster and team that provides flexibility with your schedule.

The resets are typically 8 days in length for certain time frames and if you really like working with people and your hands, you will LOVE working here.
Pros
flexibility, variety of jobs resets, remodels, 1 to 2 hour jobs, dvd kiosk servicing is sometimes available too to help supplement income
Cons
none at this time
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDApril 30, 2018
Good company to work for. Very flexible hours. Set own schedule. Many resets and job opportunities. I would recommend this company to anyone I know. Hours were good
It fit's my lifestyle
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 25, 2018
Although I personally think that the management "micro manages" everything to death, it fits my lifestyle. I have several part time jobs and because I'm the only driver in my household I need a very flexible schedule. No benefits and I've only had 2 pay increases in 4 years.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Few raises, no benefits, only part time
poor pay and poor management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 7, 2018
Easy job but didn't pay what they said in interview/hiring process. Supervisor lacking in experience and never communicated any information to drivers. Could not tell from pay stub what you were being paid each day.
great job, seasonal work if you dont need a steady income
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDApril 5, 2018
Manager works well with employees.Travel was compensated for in a timely manner.Job was not stressful. You work in teams to start out with read planograms to reset the modular in the stores. Sometimes you can work 12-14 hr days and then some days are only 4 hrs. Depends on the store and reset.
Pros
great pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Match Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.