Match Marketing Employee Reviews

Requires quick learning, good hourly wage, but no benefits
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 14, 2018
Typically you work for 4 hours a day, you learn how to work with a team as well as on your own and to engage with store personnel. Hardest part is contacting your manager as they are super busy. Their support people are top notch, they are always available and have always helped me in all situations. The best thing about this job is your are your own boss for the most part, you get to move around from store to store. You can accept or decline job offers and schedule them by yourself at what hours (within reason) you are available. Worst part is the wear and tear and mileage on your car, miles are paid after you have driven 60/ day which is not very often.
Pros
pay is good, lots of time off, accepting or declining shifts
Cons
miles on your car, no benefits
Worst company I've ever worked for!
Team Leader Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2018
No communication, direction, training or leadership. Retaliation from HR if you bring these issues to them. Didn't receive my first paycheck until a month after my first shift and this is a job where you have to pay for your OWN travel between locations that are 30 or more miles apart! I literally paid to work for them. Absolutely ridiculous and criminal.
Pros
Not one.
Cons
No communication, training, compensation, leadership and you will deal with retaliation from HR if you speak out against these issues.
Match Gets Your Foot In the Door
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 15, 2018
Match offers merchandising and administrative positions. I started off as a temp in the call center. Within 90 days, they hired me on perm and promoted me to Team Lead. As a team lead in the call center, i lead special projects and worked closely with client services. After a year of assisting, I was promoted to project coordinator in client services... and that's when the work became overwhelming. My direct supervisor had me doing work above my pay grade. I expressed my concerns, and instead of giving me a promotion, they hired someone outside of the company and had me train them on the work i previously said was out of my pay grade. Needless to say, I quit.

Aside from this one shady incident, Match has provided a fun, healthy work environment. It was hard for me to leave because the office is so close knit, like a second family. I still keep in touch with old coworkers. Regardless of my 1 bad experience, I still refer people to work for Match.
Pros
Free products, Luncheons, Great benefits, Fun work environment, opportunity to travel
Cons
work-life balance, working from home to meet a deadline
It fit's my lifestyle
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 25, 2018
Although I personally think that the management "micro manages" everything to death, it fits my lifestyle. I have several part time jobs and because I'm the only driver in my household I need a very flexible schedule. No benefits and I've only had 2 pay increases in 4 years.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Few raises, no benefits, only part time
Not worth it
Cosmetic Resets Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 3, 2018
This is not a great place to work.....You will not be able to pay your bills. There was always an issue with time sheet. You work 8-10 hours, with heaving lifting all day, extremely low pay. You are told upon interviewing, that you will be eligible for a raise in three months, never came. You will often drive long distance with multiple Tolls....yet barely no reimbursement. Your work hours are never for the week, are never enough in the week to pay not even your car notes.

This should be a part time job for someone to gain experience in Retail Merchandising, nothing more.
Poor management decisions, high turnover
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 21, 2018
A chaotic management style & undefined corporate purpose made the work very challenging and sadly, unfulfilling. Every day a fire-drill of some kind with some poorly thought out corporate level decisions that needlessly add pressure on the team. The company seems to operate under a "short-term" mentality.
Poorly defined company goals, lack of investment in resources and infrastructure. No clear path for advancement.
That said there are many many talented & dedicated staff in all departments. Work can be interesting- if properly staffed to accommodate the complexity and volume.
Pros
Nice office, some Superstar staffers
Cons
Unrewarding both financially and intellectually
A good company to work for great management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2018
The way convergenent marketing works is you are assigned to a job in your a Dashboard. I would get a number of stores to call on to put up a display or reset a display. It is a great job. I had one vendor that we would put a display of reading glasses to assemble the display and put it in a market.. I would then go in monthly and service the rack. Some of stores I would go in and put dollar of tags on certain products. I had a good working ethic. I am very organized. At the end of the day I would go home and enter all the work sheets into the computer..
Pros
Free time. I set up my own schedule
Cons
Pay my own gas use my car
Great If you are self sufficient
Team Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJuly 30, 2018
No 2 days are the same, when you find a great team to work with you've found a good thing.

Reporting to stores, completing the work onsite reporting it and going on about your day. It very easy. It is great for busy bodied individuals with several jobs who like working on their own.
Pros
Working in different locations, Only reporting to upper management over the phone not in person
Cons
Inconsistent work, Far commutes
great place to work
Retail Support Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 9, 2018
Love the company great work life balance. Great company overall I enjoy my job as well as the people I work with. Great work environment I've learned tons of new information and I'm excited to grow with the company.
A few hours a week
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 29, 2018
This company only have work for a 20 hours or less a week, you have to drive close 30 miles . but they only will pay mileage after 30 miles, so you also have to pay for gasoline driven long distances.
Pros
start early
Cons
few hours only
Nice place to work if you like building and putting things together
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INNovember 13, 2018
Could have been better organized when I worked at petsnat with match the store kept doing stuff wrong and giving us the wrong instructions so we had to do a lot of stuff over
Management is horrible!!!!
Team Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2017
While the hours given may be good at times in order to complete all of your projects,you won't get to spend much time at home. The area manager doesn't answer the phone and respond to emails before 8:30 am and after 5pm even though your shift could start as early as 6am. There were even times that you could need assistance in the field and it could take the company 2 to 3 hours just to get you a response to your question. Communication is horrible and there is no real training. Most new merchandisers for this company just get dropped in projects with no concept of what the work really consist of. They don't offer annual raises like most companies or real opportunities to move up either. They prefer to hire from outside the company instead of promoting someone from within. My advise is don't stay long.
Pros
A lot of hours during peak season
Cons
Bad management, bad communication, lack of professionalism
Great Position For Those Who Like Flexibility
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 12, 2018
You get to work in a great environment with the team leaders and team members who provide hands on training.

The employee orientation is very good and provides a lot of information about the company, policies and procedures, and what you will experience in store while working on resets and other jobs.

It is seasonal work and projects are as needed by area, but its great flexibility and a good way to be on a roster and team that provides flexibility with your schedule.

The resets are typically 8 days in length for certain time frames and if you really like working with people and your hands, you will LOVE working here.
Pros
flexibility, variety of jobs resets, remodels, 1 to 2 hour jobs, dvd kiosk servicing is sometimes available too to help supplement income
Cons
none at this time
• Planogram and Department resets, Product launches, Service continuity, POP replacements, and Display set-ups.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MD 21076February 9, 2018
A typical day consisted of first, being assigned to what location I was going to work at, then once it was picked I go, then the supervisor gives a planogram of how the project is supposed to come out in the end, then I complete it, and move on to the next location. I have learned time management, planning ahead, and getting the job done within a time frame without distractions. The workplace culture was pretty much settle, there weren't too many rituals that weren't different. The hardest part of the job was the actual manual part of the job of building, and constructing. The most enjoyable part was, being the youngest one at the job and still being as consistent as the other people were.
Pros
Barely any sleep (overnight job)
Cons
Short breaks only given from traveling in between each store.
Good extra money!
Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 12, 2018
You won't get rich with this job, but if you're looking for something that allows for total flexibility this is for you! Yes, it is a PART-TIME job that allows you to work on your own, at your own pace while helping keep businesses compliant. I love my job!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
Going downhill, fast
Art Director (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 6, 2015
Used to be a great place to work. "Fun" big-name clients, great coworkers, endless games of foosball and happy hours every Thursday. Over the past two years it has turned into a joke of a place. There is no value in hard work as management is willing to roll on their backs to please any client with a checkbook. Total lack of transparency and the only promotions seem to be reserved for account teams or upper management level employees. Politics run the place and no matter how hard you work or how late you stay, if you're not chumming it up with the execs, don't think you'll be recognized or rewarded. Clique drama dilutes daily work and company culture has been totally evaporated by management's lack of understanding how a company should be run. The few employees that do care about the company are already on their way out.
Pros
In-office bar, decent benefits, 401K matching
Cons
Cliquey work environment, no room for growth, slaves to our clients
productive
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 1, 2018
i liked convergence marketing because you were not tied down to one location. i would travel all over i really liked that part about the job the most.
Pros
per diem
Cons
healthcare
It can be hard, but satisfying when the end result is seen.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 5, 2018
Arriving at the store speaking to the Manager, finding fixtures and POG. Reviewing the set to be completed, arranging all fixtures and product. When finished ordering parts/graphics as needed and reviewing set with Manager explaining any follow up needed by the store. Filling out paper work required by Match and sending pictures if needed of new set. Each store has unique features so that the job is always a learning experience, I am able to build on skills learned in other sets.
Not worth your time
Retail merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2018
Not worth your time.
Management/Supervisor are unprofessional,
Never enough hours
Low hourly rate
Management does not return phone call messages, nor emails.
Breaks are short

Be more forthcoming about job expectations, wages, and hours to new prospects. People do depend on their paycheck, yours is never quite enough.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Waist of time..
Jobs varied from 1 hour to 12+ all depended on the time of year
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 29, 2018
During seasonal cosmetic resets hours were long and very busy. Off season jobs were an hour or so. The rural area I live in (in central PA) some jobs would require long drive times.
Pros
Fast paced chalenging enviroment.
Cons
Long drive times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Match Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.