Match Employee Reviews

Fast paced and never boring
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  DallasOctober 13, 2018
Fun environment
A lot of hours
Competitive pay
Some great executives but some inexperienced
High energy
High technology
No raises unless promoted
Work hard play hard mentality
Benefits
Cons
Lack of communication
Match
Event and Social media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 2, 2018
Coordinated events in Los Angeles and Orange County Lounge sites and Convention centers.
• Managed client relations and guest list of 200+ members.
• Achieved equal member sign up turn around by being a gracious host.
• Implemented marketing strategies which resulted in 18% growth of customer base.
• Responsible for creative design for prominent dating stir events.
• Performed initial client assessment and analysis to begin research process.
• Email blasts and social media-content creator.
I learned to be an independent liaison and to be the best customer service provider and guide in the dating industry.
Beautiful culture as there were various locations to visit and host the dating events at. The hardest part was the company keeping consistent with hours and a keeping the events without canceling them.
The most enjoyable part of the job was creating relationships with all the venues, managers and staff in all the different cities and counties.
Pros
Live interface with clients
Cons
poor gaming & intro games provided
Great company to work for
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2018
Overall, Match is a great company to work for. The culture is fantastic and I truly enjoy going into work each day. They really care about their employees and work-life balance is strictly followed.
Fast paced atmosphere
Associate Manager, Online Marketing & Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 25, 2017
The team I was on at Match was extremely fast paced and performance driven. The culture overall is upbeat and the perks are great. My team members are great to work with, but current manager's style of people-management is not in sync with the corporate culture.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Tough management
No Long Term Prospects
Associate Manager, Internet Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2012
Company employs some smart people, but the overall culture is still that of a small home based company that grew too big too fast, and does not know how to manage the growth.

There is no professional career growth opportunities for employees, no team building events, or even an HR system dedicated to track maintain and improve employee performance. There aren't even weekly 1x1s.

The company is all about "WHO" you know rather than "WHAT" you know.

Most importantly Match.com is not an ethical company. They laid off employees just 3 months after hiring them, with 2 weeks pay.

This shows poor management planning and no empathy for employees.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no growth opportunity, job instability, poor management
Great company with outstanding culture
SENIOR QA ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 30, 2017
It's really nice to work for a company that appreciates the work that its employees put in every day. Your efforts do not go unnoticed. While everyone works hard -- match provides plenty of opportunities to unwind and have fun. It's a large company but not so large that you disappear into a crowd.
Pros
Coffee bar, snacks, fresh fruit, Bagel Friday, pool table, ping pong table, table games, standing desks, free onsite gym
Cons
PTO could be better, 401K company match is a little weak
Fun atmosphere and coworkers
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2018
I came at a time when things were transitioning, so my review is mixed. Started out great and after 6 months it changed drastically. Gone were the good vibes and administration caring about its employees.
Sr. Scrum Master/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2017
Match is great, leader in dating apps and the company and people are good to be around.

Culture and environment are best in class, headquarters recently moved to new location and its amazing.
Pros
You are always feed, surprised and feel appreciated.
Terrible place to work
Trainer (Current Employee) –  York, SCSeptember 5, 2017
If you liked to be cussed out, belittled, and treated poorly, this is the job for you. No training, no benefits, terrible management, no stability, and much more.
Fun place to work but not much career progression
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 29, 2015
Fun place to work but there is not much career progression if you don't know the "right" people within the company. The leadership team is like a clique and if you are not part of that group or don't have in roads to it, then your career will not progress much here. A good amount of politics within the company.

It is generally a nice environment to work in though and friendly, smart people to work with.
Pros
Fun activities at different times of the year, freebies, free food, etc
Cons
Too much politics, leadership is a like clique, not very transparent
Awesome place to work at
Senior Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2012
Match.com is in my opinion one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The benefits are great and management is really good. The team that I work with is a group of very bright and brilliant folks led by equally capable architects and managers.

I would recommend this company to anyone any day :).
Pros
great benefits, very bright team of technologists and managers, latest technologies being used, challenging projects that help you learn and grow
Cons
none. sereiously - none!!
Fun culture but no room to advance
Analyst for Match (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 30, 2012
The atmosphere is laid back and the management is flexible with work time.

However, there is no room for growth or advancement.

Managers are not always fair when it comes to helping good workers move up.
Pros
free food, great lounge area, seasonal team building events
Cons
no room for growth or advancement
Exciting and fun with a different experience each day.
Match Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mendota MNMay 19, 2014
Each day at match.com was different, this was mainly because each customer was unique and had different request. There was never any 2 customers who were exactly alike. I learned that, I should never give up my aspirations to find the one for me. Several older customers encouraged me to find my own match. The management team was always willing to help and remained professional and friendly. My co- workers were accommodating and helpful. The hardest part of the job was trying to find a match for a difficult person.The most enjoyable part of the job was the success stories and talking to the various people.
Pros
I was giving a free match.com account.
Cons
It was hard to find the perfect match for difficult customers.
Layoff
Match.Com Corporate Office - Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2016
To be quite honest, Match was probably the best job I ever had. Great benefits, great culture, great pay, great atmosphere and great location. The ONLY thing I would say as a negative is the ethics and ultimately layoff due to a position elimination.
Challenging, Productive and team oriented work place
Micro Computer Specialist and office manager (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CANovember 22, 2013
Work in a team environment to achieve challenging year end office objective and reachs objective goal. Learns about higher expectation from corporate level of expertise. Worked as a manager and computer specialist for over 10 years to achieve yearly objective and bears major responsiblities from customers and upper management. Maintains the computer, office accessories and networking troubleshooting to reduce down time. Works with office manager and trains employee with new programs and guideline.
Pros
Great team work and great work schedule
Cons
Low paying job, and benefit
Great co-developers and culture with questionable upper management
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2015
I had gotten this job just out of college in August 2014, and I was very excited. I got to work on a small team of 5 (myself included), but there were only three developers (the other two being QA engineers).

In my opinion, a three-person group is a great balance of responsibility and available help from others, but then I like having a lot of work on my plate. My boss and his boss were both great people, and the culture is very laid-back, plenty of free snacks (including an M&M vendor) and drinks, with fresh fruit available every morning and bagels every Friday. Benefits were good, with all the choices you could want, and the 401k matching at 5% was also quite nice.

The problem was that my career there was cut short. At the end of January, I was laid off due to a new company direction towards mobile and front-end development; I was the first-in on a back-end team, so naturally I was the first-out. I noticed one of my QA team members was also let go. This begged the question of why upper management was stupid enough to let my boss hire me when the company needed a radical direction shift only six months later; not that I didn't enjoy the six months, I suppose, but it was extremely disappointing. Not to mention I referred a friend and got him hired -- fortunately, he's still working there because he's on a subsidiary website's team, whereas the brunt of the impact was on the domestic Match.com developers -- and he's talking about how slow QA is now that they've laid off so many QA engineers... surprise, surprise. I thought that my job would be secure because Match.com
  more... is known as the biggest dating service worldwide and is only growing, but apparently I was wrong.

In summary, great atmosphere and company to work for with great people, but far from exempt from your typical corporate garbage. Take the job if it's offered to you but don't be surprised if something happens to your position.
Pros
Great culture, smart and amiable co-workers, great office perks, always room for new technologies in their framework
Cons
Executives and upper management make questionable decisions on a fairly regular basis
Fun workplace if you can find the time to enjoy it.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2013
Great place to work for, the extra benefits such as monthly happy hour, bonus's and free gifts makes this an enjoyable place.
Pros
free gifts from the company.
Cons
short breaks, micro management
Match was a great environment
Product Manager, Consumer Confidence (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 30, 2017
The perks at Match were a great part of the culture (i.e. happy hours, lunches, fooseball, pool table, massage days, and fabulous company events - just to name a few.)
Working with Alzheimer patients and patients that are bipolar
Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 8, 2017
Working with a person with Alzheimer is hard work, but I learned that if you are patient with them you can control them and get them do cooperate with you. I also learned how to deal with people that are bipolar. The hardest part of my job would be the days when my patient with Alzheimers would get really confused.
Pros
Learning to work with clients with different medical problems
Cons
Working without supervision and one on one with my clients
Great workings with other individuals your same age.
MENTOR COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Taos, NMOctober 28, 2017
Working with individuals your same age helps! They allowed all of us to continue our schooling and worked around our school schedule. It was great!!!!
Pros
Easy schedule
Cons
Not enough pay