Material Delivery Service, a Schilli Corporation

Material Delivery Service, a Schilli Corporation Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Not my least favorite employer
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALJune 24, 2018
High turnover and micromanagement is the norm. It took a long time for decisions to be made. Pay is not competitive for the industry and pay raises were practically non-existent. I learned a lot though, and I am grateful to MDS for that.
Pros
I learned a lot.
Cons
Low pay, rare raises
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJune 20, 2017
Taking orders from customers, dispatched trucks,was on call 24/7.
Learned how to coordinate loads. Management was great. Workplace was very laid back. Hardest part of the job was being on call 24/7. The most enjoyable part of the job was being compensated for being on call by not having to report to work at early am hours after being up all night.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
No bonuses
poor management overall
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Ashdown, ARSeptember 16, 2016
The higher ups at this company are too focused on their own job security to worry about that of their drivers. They will do whatever it takes to not secure contracts and keep drivers from sitting waiting on a paycheck. When the loads are good, they are real good. But when things go downhill, they continue. I did better than most but still not as good as I should have been able to. And if you ever have an issue with the motoring public, they will gladly take the other drivers side over your own, they will neglect your countless hours of service or numerous safety award they have given you. So if your in the market for a temp job, these are your guys, but if you want something for the long haul, keep looking.
Different
Recruiter/Processor (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALNovember 20, 2014
Recruited drivers all day. Learned to recruit. Management was not so great. Nice co-workers, but not allowed to communicate. Very quiet office. Hardest part of the job was recruiting drivers and then not have work for them. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No work for the driver after hired
emjoyed working here
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALSeptember 1, 2013
had to leave job to come to Minnesota when my mom passed away and I stayed to take care of my father
Pros
advancement, multitasking
Cons
distance from home was 32 miles
Bulk Tank Driver
Bulk Tank Driver (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LAJuly 26, 2013
Its a great place to work for..Only 2 things get paid by the load and if it rains or weather is bad..u cant make no money.
Great place to work, friendly co-workers
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALApril 24, 2012
Enjoyed working there. Done data entry which I enjoy. Management is very nice and so are the co-workers.