Materion Employee Reviews

Working gave me the opportunities to contrbute my expert and learned the products properties.
Country Manager (Former Employee) –  TaiwanOctober 3, 2018
I was lucky enough been working with those companies and learned the diffident products,
The completion encourage me kept head up to increased the annual sales revenue.
negative
JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 21, 2018
When I was hired, I was told that they would pay for me to finish my degree (after several years of me asking for one class, I was told no and paid for it myself)
Pros
Team enviroment.
Cons
My boss being on pain and cancer meds, then forgetting who I was
No advancement for females
Mill Hand (Current Employee) –  Shoemakersville, PASeptember 18, 2018
Its already hard for women in a man's world. This place will not look at abilities. The "good old boys club" thing really does exist. And incompetantcy is heralded over a solid work ethic.
Pretty good job
Utility mill hand (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, PAAugust 30, 2018
Expect a lot of overtime out of employees. Decent wages. They also have a good safety team going. Management could be better . But overall not a bad place to work
Limited Career Advancement
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHAugust 17, 2018
The culture is shifting at Materion and morale was extremely low when I left. New management direction is taking hold but at a large cost to employee satisfaction. Management has little concern or care as long as the company is performing. I am hopeful they strike a balance soon.

Career advancement is extremely limited in most departments (except finance) and employees are never moved to other functions. ALWAYS hire from outside regardless of what they say. Promotions are very thin and you are compensated (bonus and raise) with everyone else regardless of performance and value delivered.
Good place if you want to do one thing the rest of your career but if you want to grow your options are extremely limited.

Pay is market. 401k match is market. 15 days vacation until you have worked there for 20yrs then you get 17 vacation days. If you are sick then it does NOT count against your vacation. Health care costs are exorbitant, $420 per month for a high deductible family plan and they are climbing.

HR policies around reviews and career growth are very antiquated, no succession planning (again, hire from outside). HR has a long way to go.

Corporate office has a gym, which is really nice.

I would recommend for career maintain people, not recommend for people who want to grow their career.
Pros
Employees, Building, Location, Flex Schedule
Cons
Limited Career Advancement, Healthcare costs, Toxic Culture, Vacation Policy
Not a fun work placegoing
A Operator Roller (Current Employee) –  Elmore, OHAugust 1, 2018
Going to work and making sure that my partner and myself stay safe wear the proper PPE. That the machine stays running it's a good day! The hardest part about the job is when we don't have coils to roll, don't like not working. The challenge of getting a perfect flat coil out is the most enjoyable part of my job!
Pros
Get lunch vouchers for safety procedure.
Cons
There are none!
Was good place to work when I started.
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Hts, OHJuly 26, 2018
Management change and new direction taken.
Typical day was monitoring previous days work and backups. Working with help desk to clear up any issues.
New equipment was brought in, and new technology learned.
The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
Pros
Good people
Cons
New management direction
Poor Management!
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Shoemakersville, PAJune 21, 2018
Poor Management, they don't care about there employees, and there is strong favoritism toward certain individuals. All employees are not treated equal. You can get terminated at anytime without just cause, or because someone else wants you to get fired and has connections with upper management. Overall awful place to work!
Pros
None!
Cons
Where should I start=:^(
Poorly run company
Coating Technician (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAJune 19, 2018
When this company was privately owned, it was a much better place to work. Materion took over, put people in charge that did't have experience, and continue to try to do more with less people.
Pros
Paid vacation
Good entry level job
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  NYJune 17, 2018
For recent grads this place offers low but decent pay for areas in chemistry, management and other business related degrees. Upper management is the only area in this company that seems to pay well while the workers who make everything happen get paid next to nothing to work very hard daily.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Low pay
Decent place to work with above average pay
Master Planner (Current Employee) –  Elmore, OHJune 13, 2018
Not a bad place to work despite the many safety precautions. The pay is generally good and the benefits are okay but getting worse. I have a great boss which is the reason I have stuck around for so long. He understands work life balance.
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
Showering at the end of the work day
Overall Pretty Good
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMay 30, 2018
Company was a really good fit for the majority of my time there. Career advancement was excellent but due to personal reasons, including a difference in opinion with management, I felt it was time to move on.
The culture was great
Financial Analyst / Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Brewster, NYMay 16, 2018
for the 3 years that i worked at Materion I enjoyed the people that I worked with and worked for i learned allot. The culture was great, i enjoyed my commute daily which was 50 miles from the city, one thing about Materion they made home
Avoid this employer
Vacuum Melt Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2018
Management of this company is an amazing joke. Very surprised the company xis able to function and make a profit at all. Avoid unless you are severally desperate for employment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else. Benefits. Management. Favoritism
"do more with less" attitude
Lathe Operator (Current Employee) –  Brewster NYApril 9, 2018
Management does not care about employees. Will do whatever it takes to get responsible off their shoulders and pass it off to the next person. There is no accountability between managers and the equipment is 15+ years old. Management and sales do not spend a second on the floor and have no idea what it takes to run and support the technicians/engineers and operators. Safety features on machines broken.

If you want to make a few bucks more than minimum wage for unfair work conditions, this is your place.
Pros
"free lunches"
Cons
Micromanagement
Not a bad place to be
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIApril 6, 2018
A typical day includes either working on your assigned task on the floor or plugging away in a cubicle or a mixture of the two, Management is decent, no complaints. The hardest part of the job is being trapped inside all day (except for lunch.)
Pros
Flexibility
It is your choice
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAApril 4, 2018
It is a job to review your dreams and figure out you direction of your life.i personally would refer people graduating from high school. It is a learning process.
terribly managed
Coating Technician II (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAFebruary 22, 2018
Horribly stressful place to work. You'll always be on edge, layoffs every 2 months, even when the company is doing well, making money. It's always the technicians the get the boot. 1 laid off tech = 5 new hire managers.... Was running 7 tanks a day before I left.
Machine operating
B-Plate Brusher (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to work with the exception of the lack of cameras for catching inappropriate incidents. Other than that, got paid lunches and was a casual environment.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Lack of cameras, favoratism
Interesting field
Associate Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 22, 2018
This company does interesting work. The work culture currently is one of do everything you can with less staff and resources. One they overcome these hurdles, they will be poised to do great work
Pros
benefits are acceptable
Cons
overworked and stressed staff