Mathematica Policy Research Employee Reviews

Productive and relaxed company
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 28, 2018
Great pay and short or long term assignments. Travel opportunities as well as local jobs. I enjoy the shorter assignments. Local and out of state offices.
Pros
control of your hours
Cons
Temporary work for some.
Great place to work but VERY disappointed
Research project assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 25, 2018
I worked at Mathematica for about 5 months and I loved working there. Unfortunately I was laid-off because supposedly there was not any projects available left to work on. So they laid off 4 of my other colleagues and me, yet after they laid us off they hired a new staff. They did not even give me an early notice and this negatively affected me. They promised me that when there was a project available they would give me a call back. 3 months later I reapplied and Mathematica offered me a position. I was excited to start training, however unexpectedly I received a call from headquarters saying that they were sorry that the position was no longer available because they had already hired their employees for the Tucson location. I was very upset and if you want to work here just know that this is a temporary position and they will dispose you once they no longer need you. I had high expectations for this company but they let me down.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Laid-off, temporary position
Good place for college students, stay at home mothers, and people who have retired.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 22, 2018
Mathematica is a good place to work if you are going to college, are a stay at home mother and looking for something to do, or are retired and want additional income.
I was very productive at work, and had one to two projects at one time
On call Agent/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 1, 2018
Love working with all my supervisors, and with all the other staff. When I started working there, it was my first Project. I went to all their training classes to keep me updated with their new information. My clerical work kept me very busy until I completed confidential data into my system. I had to be ready at all time for any incoming calls, and respond to any questions or concern that the sample members had.. I would learned new Projects every 3 to 6 month per year, and every new Project, I had to go to their training meetings. This company was a quiet, and a fast paste place to work for. The hardest part of the job it was when all the Projects met the dead line and then, work became very slow and some employees were let go until a new Project would be available again.
Pros
I got the chance to pick my own days off from work.
Cons
I didn't have any Benefits
Great Place to work
Telephone Reviewing Operator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 12, 2018
A Typical work day, nothing out of the ordinary, I learned a lot about senior citizens and the disability act that is in place for them, I got pleasure with not only helping the clients and speaking with them. I am really grateful that i was an chosen applicant, It was a good experience for me, I'm was very grateful for the chance to help out and make a difference in someone else's life.
Pros
15 minute breaks
Cons
nothing out of the ordinary
The culture was oppressive and depressing.
Field Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 5, 2018
From one to the next you never are sue if you will have a job. Many days you would need to look for something to do and if there was nothing for you to do it felt like they would let you go.
Pros
Cons
The way they treat thier employees
Good company to work for overall.
On-site Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 22, 2018
I worked on one large project and another smaller one. Depending on the project you get this can be a lot of fun. It's policy research so you can always feel a sense of how useful the research is.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Must work weekends.
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 7, 2018
Excellent place to work for a second part time job and/or in between regular employment. They are very accommodating, offer a nice work environment where people are friendly.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Temporary Jobs
Bilingual Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 27, 2017
This was a temporary position and no place for advancement unless you were willing to relocate. Management was difficult to reach and compensation was not fair for the amount of time spent traveling.
Easy Going
Data Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 13, 2017
Management is Easy to work with, slow paced, decent benefits. You basically work whenever you want because you can make your own schedule and they are really flexible.
Pros
you make your own schedule
Cons
short breaks
Nice place
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 21, 2017
Nice place but lack of career advancement. I typically go to interview locations and the travel is 30-40 minutes to each location. I fid it is easy to get to places and great coworkers. Pretty good with accommodating to your schedule.
Pros
Paid travel
Cons
Short breaks
Best Field Interviewer Experience
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 6, 2017
I've worked many jobs as a canvasser, Field Interviewer, market researcher, etc. Working with Mathematica stands out above the rest. They pay you well, the training actually equips you for the job, and management is good to you.
Pros
Pay, Fresh air, responsive management
Cons
Temporary
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 29, 2017
A fine place to work if you wish to participate in research that shapes policy decisions and assist government and other agencies in implementing programs.
Bored
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 29, 2017
It was a good job but really boring. The tasks were menial and I hated how frequently we had to lay people off. The flexibility of hours and pay was decent though.
Fun Productive place to work for
Research Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2017
This company was a fun Productive place to work for.The pay was fair but it was a temporary job assignment so that was the only bad part about it. I had my own office with a great veiw.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
temp job
The position was very interesting
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 25, 2017
I enjoyed meeting new staff and working with the Field and Survey Managers. Conducting surveys was an interesting experience. I was able to interact with many people from different ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
A thought-provoking environment
Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 16, 2017
Make and receive outbound and inbound calls to reach sample members to gather data to be extracted for clients. Every case enables me to critically think about how to solve each case.
Very flexible
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  NJJuly 15, 2017
This is a great position for someone looking for part time employment. Pay attention, you will rarely ever hear from your manager. Not a good choice for someone who needs external motivation or has a hard time directing yourself.
Pros
Very flexible hours
Cons
Little support from home office
No job security and low pay.
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 29, 2017
The pay is very low and the expectations are high. The benefit to Mathematica is that you have the opportunity to schedule your work hours to your personal needs.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Pay
Field Interviewer
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 28, 2017
Going to people's addresses in the San Francisco Bay Area tom talk to them about doing a survey for the study at the time, also they are being paid for their time.
Pros
I had my own schedule.
Cons
Not knowing who was going to answer the door.