Mathematica Policy Research Employee Reviews

bothered to fill out paperwork
interviewer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 29, 2019
the people tried to impress the new hires and those working thereby establishing standards that would impress the higher-ups with abilities to motivate people. The ends justified the means as a rule. especially forward-looking.
Pros
you never have to work
Cons
you never get paid
This was a contract job but i thoroughly enjoyed it.
Chart Surveillance Abstractor, (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 28, 2018
This was a contract job but i thoroughly enjoyed it. The training took place in Florida, it was an exceptional experience for me. I learned a lot and was able to meet / collaborate with people from across the country. ORTHO TRUST IV Microbiology Surveillance Study
Pros
Training in florida
Cons
too short of a contract
Marketing research firm
Marketing Researcher (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 2, 2018
Mathematica supervisory staff has no training in adult supervision and some staff violate human resource laws.The employees were very friendly and worked collaborative with each other. All employees seemed the work very diligently and tried to please supervisors. Some managers scolded employees at their stations where others could hear and thus interrupted employee's work. Managers should call interviewers into their offices to engage in discussions.
Pros
Some supervisors were very professional
Cons
Unprofessionalism of some supervisors and managers
Assignments are for different schools within the City school Districts.
Test Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 13, 2018
The Research Foundation is very professional. They make sure proper contacts and all documents-paperwork with the schools and personnel is done well ahead of time therefore, the job was a breeze!
Pros
Paid Mileage
Cons
Not enough work hours.
Good place to work . Do your job and there is mutual trust and rewards >
Field Interviewer,Field Locator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 12, 2018
Always treated fairly . I did my Job and never heard other wise . Mathematica was a leader in their field and provided use with whatever was needed to complete our assignments . Having this we are willing to work whatever the day is , or
time of day to do our job to completion .
Pros
Worked my area alone .
Cons
Have not heard of a job offer in over a year?
research geared towards changing policy
Bilingual Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 27, 2018
good pay, it's not easy work so I feel I got paid fairly. There was too many people to report to which was stressful, but I understand it made it easier for the folks working on the project.
Productive and relaxed company
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 28, 2018
Great pay and short or long term assignments. Travel opportunities as well as local jobs. I enjoy the shorter assignments. Local and out of state offices.
Pros
control of your hours
Cons
Temporary work for some.
Great place to work but VERY disappointed
Research project assistant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 25, 2018
I worked at Mathematica for about 5 months and I loved working there. Unfortunately I was laid-off because supposedly there was not any projects available left to work on. So they laid off 4 of my other colleagues and me, yet after they laid us off they hired a new staff. They did not even give me an early notice and this negatively affected me. They promised me that when there was a project available they would give me a call back. 3 months later I reapplied and Mathematica offered me a position. I was excited to start training, however unexpectedly I received a call from headquarters saying that they were sorry that the position was no longer available because they had already hired their employees for the Tucson location. I was very upset and if you want to work here just know that this is a temporary position and they will dispose you once they no longer need you. I had high expectations for this company but they let me down.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Laid-off, temporary position
Short term projects working independently in a remote employee situation.
Remote Field Interviewer & Locator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 17, 2018
I worked two different projects for Mathematica Policy & Research. Mathematica collects data for policy making decisions for the government. As a remote employee in Calif. many States away from the Company main office in Princeton, NJ. I was supervised in the field with the use of computer and telephone CAPRI management. I had fabulous supervisors who were accessible & mentoring even. Each day I was out in the field with my list of people to literally research, locate by different means, find & interview. I enjoyed the work very much. I loved to investigate, research & complete the interview. It was a challenge. We had a debriefing, instructional, information, phone call at least once a week with our supervisor & remote meetings with the main office in NJ. monthly. I enjoyed the independence & it helped me to refine my time management & productivity.
Pros
independent remote work
Cons
Projects were short term, 6 months to 1 year only.
Good place for college students, stay at home mothers, and people who have retired.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 22, 2018
Mathematica is a good place to work if you are going to college, are a stay at home mother and looking for something to do, or are retired and want additional income.
I was very productive at work, and had one to two projects at one time
On call Agent/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 1, 2018
Love working with all my supervisors, and with all the other staff. When I started working there, it was my first Project. I went to all their training classes to keep me updated with their new information. My clerical work kept me very busy until I completed confidential data into my system. I had to be ready at all time for any incoming calls, and respond to any questions or concern that the sample members had.. I would learned new Projects every 3 to 6 month per year, and every new Project, I had to go to their training meetings. This company was a quiet, and a fast paste place to work for. The hardest part of the job it was when all the Projects met the dead line and then, work became very slow and some employees were let go until a new Project would be available again.
Pros
I got the chance to pick my own days off from work.
Cons
I didn't have any Benefits
Great Place to work
Telephone Reviewing Operator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 12, 2018
A Typical work day, nothing out of the ordinary, I learned a lot about senior citizens and the disability act that is in place for them, I got pleasure with not only helping the clients and speaking with them. I am really grateful that i was an chosen applicant, It was a good experience for me, I'm was very grateful for the chance to help out and make a difference in someone else's life.
Pros
15 minute breaks
Cons
nothing out of the ordinary
The culture was oppressive and depressing.
Field Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 5, 2018
From one to the next you never are sue if you will have a job. Many days you would need to look for something to do and if there was nothing for you to do it felt like they would let you go.
Pros
Cons
The way they treat thier employees
Good company to work for overall.
On-site Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 22, 2018
I worked on one large project and another smaller one. Depending on the project you get this can be a lot of fun. It's policy research so you can always feel a sense of how useful the research is.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Must work weekends.
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 7, 2018
Excellent place to work for a second part time job and/or in between regular employment. They are very accommodating, offer a nice work environment where people are friendly.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Temporary Jobs
Bilingual Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 27, 2017
This was a temporary position and no place for advancement unless you were willing to relocate. Management was difficult to reach and compensation was not fair for the amount of time spent traveling.
Easy Going
Data Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 13, 2017
Management is Easy to work with, slow paced, decent benefits. You basically work whenever you want because you can make your own schedule and they are really flexible.
Pros
you make your own schedule
Cons
short breaks
Nice place
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 21, 2017
Nice place but lack of career advancement. I typically go to interview locations and the travel is 30-40 minutes to each location. I fid it is easy to get to places and great coworkers. Pretty good with accommodating to your schedule.
Pros
Paid travel
Cons
Short breaks
Best Field Interviewer Experience
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 6, 2017
I've worked many jobs as a canvasser, Field Interviewer, market researcher, etc. Working with Mathematica stands out above the rest. They pay you well, the training actually equips you for the job, and management is good to you.
Pros
Pay, Fresh air, responsive management
Cons
Temporary
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 29, 2017
A fine place to work if you wish to participate in research that shapes policy decisions and assist government and other agencies in implementing programs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mathematica Policy Research. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight