Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
An ok place to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2018
Its an ok place to work at. the pay was somewhat competitive with other companies. They really care about the safety of the workers and provided safety training.
fun to work in companey
Chemist (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJMarch 8, 2018
It is new experience to work with gases and chemicals and fill in the cylinder as per customer need.all coworker and management are so good and have a fun to work with them.
Very productive and fast pace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2018
MTG was a heavy industrial environment that was always on the move. The culture was more catered to Safety, this help prevent accidents from occurring and educate and train personnel to identify potential risks. Work could be tough and challenging, but this made time go by very quickly.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Can be Stressful
Acquisition
Welder/Plasma technician, shop manager (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIFebruary 15, 2018
My experience was actually Matheson TriGas acquiring Air Liquide of Hawaii. Promises were made then broken after the deal was done. That’s just how it goes in those situations.
Pros
Cons
Lay offs after acquiring a company
Overall decent place to work
Cylinder driver (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIFebruary 10, 2018
Great local boss but upper management lacks empathy. Being that there are only 2 drivers for the Big Island, if one has taken time off or is on short term disability, then all responsibilities fall on available driver.
Matheson
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 5, 2018
Matheson was a very good company to work for. I worked for them for 5 years and then they hired me back after a went to another company. The company allowed me to grow and learned alot from the people there. If personal circumstances were different; I would have stayed with the company
Work day
Filler (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJanuary 28, 2018
The work day was laid back. You went to your area to fill tanks to prep for next day deliveries. When the drivers returned you would help them set up pods for next day.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Environment
Knowledgeable team, well managed
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJanuary 26, 2018
Typical day included a daily safety meeting with a different topic everyday, as well as covering materials and cylinders that were not loaded, processed, or ready for delivery. Pre trip vehicle, double check load, and head out for deliveries. Management was hands off for routing and deliveries; you could build and run your route however you saw fit, within reason of course. Once the day was done, return to base, help unload, and call it a day. Tualatin location had a third party fueling company refuel the trucks during off hours, as well as have them serviced when needed. Tualatin is also one of the only locations within Matheson that loads the trucks the night before to help the drivers get out the door quicker in the morning.
Pros
Well managed, extremely knowledgeable employees and management
Cons
Benefits were not so great, constant issues with the electronic logging
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 24, 2018
A small but productive company. A good place to get into the air separation industry. I had a great trainer who taught me the fundamentals of cryogenics.
Management was horrible
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2018
I wasn't with Matheson long but the time that I was there the management was horrible no one ever new what was going on you would be told one thing but was supposed to do another.
Why pay a 5k bonus
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEDecember 18, 2017
5k retention bonus is all you need to know. This is one of the better paying driving jobs in Bangor, Maine but they can't keep help. They have a crazy cut throat safety policies and management is only out for themselves. Ask anyone that's worked there.
Pros
Pay and be benefits
Cons
Long hours, dangerous heavy products
Good company that is growing in their industry and is professionallly run.
Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 3, 2017
The company has very professional personnel and has grown through acquisitions. It is a good work environment and they have a nice office in Irving, TX. The organization reaches out to employees to acknowledge their efforts.
Truck driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaNovember 8, 2017
I was a truck driver and management had no clue they always worked with one hand behind their back and always changing the rules to suit them never could make an efficient route I would not recommend this place to no one. There is so much dirty underhanded dealing going and you end up doing a job that you know is not right
Pros
Wages
Cons
it is an ok place to work. it is stressfull though.
Loader/Filler (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORNovember 5, 2017
its an ok place to work. the atmosphere can be stressful. work orders can change and not be communicated to you. but over all its an ok place to work. Went through a few sight managers. they are all different. some lax and some very to the book. must be able to adjust. working outside and loading trucks can be physically challenging . working as a filler can be stressfull as all documentation must be perfect...with my last sight manager. perfect.
Great Company/Micro Managing
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 19, 2017
I've enjoyed most of my time here, but management transitions are sub par. I've had 3 different managers in my 2 years. Can't get into a groove because managers want to do it their way. Fellow employees are great, just a lack of teamwork across the board and it's something the company preaches.
Pros
Hour lunch, major holidays off, great benefits
Cons
Lack of communication/Team work
Too many changes to have an honest review
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 17, 2017
To many years and changes to have an honest review. Why is there a minimum character requirement? 50 more characters and counting, 18 more, ten more.
overworked and underpaid for responsibilities
Filler (Current Employee) –  Manassas Park, VAAugust 8, 2017
Safety is the major focus by management. They have a lot of documented training. Physically demanding, attention to detail is mandatory, and must be a team player and able to work long hours
Pros
vacation, healthcare, safety first
Cons
manditory overtime, very stressful enviornment, under compensated
Required to do a 4 to 5 person job, if you can handle that then you should be good
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJune 29, 2017
Matheson is a great place to work, only downfall is you are worried about losing your job everyday for the job you are assigned. They have a great safety program that gives their employees a voice, that is the best part of working here.The worst part of the job is the company is run so lean the employees are constantly running behind doing a 4 or 5 man job. Hard work is a good thing, however when you are told to not rush and hurry at the same time it gets to be stressful. If not for this I could retire here.
Pros
Vacation time and benefits
Cons
Long hours and no time for family
Starters
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 27, 2017
I like the company for the small brief time that I was there. Management team really seemed to care about all of the employees. Good things were coming for sure. I had a life changing opportunity that I could not pass on so I moved on.

There are a couple of guys that I know are still there and it seems like they grown in their areas which in turn has kept the happy.
Pros
Great Culture.
Good Company
Credit Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2017
Good company to work for management team is awesome! fast past environment. Great co workers very laid back environment. what I love most is that I stay busy for most part of the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight