Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc. Employee Reviews

very stress full enviroment
Commercial Driver / Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 12, 2018
company is under staffed, not enough drivers, no warehouse employees, company constantly picking up new business and throwing it on the few staff it had, and no raises
benefits
Cons
few employees
the people are great.
Account Receivables Clerk (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 27, 2018
I worked there for 6 years and I never had problem with management or any employees. there was great opportunities to grow in the company. I started as and email clerk and left from the accounts receivable department.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
none that I can mention.
Often fun and stressful
Receiving Lead I (Current Employee) –  PAJune 12, 2018
Enjoyed my time there. Often stressful, very fast paced. Your ability to switch gears at a moments notice was critical. Good time management was needed.
hostile environment
Lead Filler (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 5, 2018
the moral is down
racism
preferences
no room for advancement
extremely unsafe and lots of violations across the board
not a very professional work place
OK place to work...
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  USAMay 30, 2018
Great co workers and fair compensation and benefits plan. Management and culture has gotten worse though since acquiring parts of Air Liquide last year. Micro managing is abundant and worsening by the day. Need to fill out a form to pretty much do anything.
Worst place to work
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 30, 2018
Horrible company. Long hours understaffed! Will throw you under the bus in a heart beat. Have to do the job of 3 people! No help. Management is horrible.
Pros
Benifits
Cylinder filler (Current Employee) –  Jessie MarylandMay 26, 2018
Not treat it fair .and not pay enough for the time i been there . Just looking for a better job somebody that treat me right and fair for my work I do lm looking for job I can be there another 10 to 15 years
live and breath Matheson or find another job
Bulk Driver (Current Employee) –  Westlake, LAMay 23, 2018
Management does not care about you having time off. Live and breath Matheson 24/7 or your considered a bad employee. You will be constantly watched in hopes that you make a mistake so they can punish you.
Pros
easy work and decent pay
Cons
expected to be on call 24/7 and dont count on any time off.
Fast paced and overwhelming at times
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2018
Handled almost all inbound calls, had to review accounts for credit releases; made outbound calls. Management is good but the credit collection is in different city and not really aware of what went on and management there was concern more with sales. There was a time when short staff and overwhelmed. Fast pace and get everything done with consistent interruptions. The majority of the people are extremely friendly.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Can easily get behind and difficult to get caught up
A Typical Day at Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc.
Sr. Executive Administrative/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJApril 14, 2018
I was the only person, Sr. Administrative Legal Assistant, supporting the entire Legal Department and the VP of Risk Management so my days were far from boring. This job was one of my favorites. I learned so much working there, and the more I became capable of doing, the more the GCO gave me to do. I also assisted the CFO and his team when needed, as well as HR and the CEO. I was responsible for so much, that its impossible to get into tall of it and some days it seems as if all we were doing was putting fires out and never getting to anything on our "to do list." But we did.

I also learned how to do corporate governance which I had never really done before so that was quite the learning experience but a great education.

Again, worked with great people and a great department of people.
Pros
The education the position gave me and the responsibility I had
Cons
Somtimes felt a little too overworked and under paid for all i was doing
An ok place to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2018
Its an ok place to work at. the pay was somewhat competitive with other companies. They really care about the safety of the workers and provided safety training.
fun to work in companey
Chemist (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJMarch 8, 2018
It is new experience to work with gases and chemicals and fill in the cylinder as per customer need.all coworker and management are so good and have a fun to work with them.
Very productive and fast pace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2018
MTG was a heavy industrial environment that was always on the move. The culture was more catered to Safety, this help prevent accidents from occurring and educate and train personnel to identify potential risks. Work could be tough and challenging, but this made time go by very quickly.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Can be Stressful
Acquisition
Welder/Plasma technician, shop manager (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIFebruary 15, 2018
My experience was actually Matheson TriGas acquiring Air Liquide of Hawaii. Promises were made then broken after the deal was done. That’s just how it goes in those situations.
Pros
Cons
Lay offs after acquiring a company
Overall decent place to work
Cylinder driver (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIFebruary 10, 2018
Great local boss but upper management lacks empathy. Being that there are only 2 drivers for the Big Island, if one has taken time off or is on short term disability, then all responsibilities fall on available driver.
Love the people I work with, corporate not so much.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMFebruary 8, 2018
Enjoyed hours and people I worked with plus benefits were good. The chance for advancement was very limited though and the pay raises were ridiculously low. What did I expect? Loyalty means nothing and you're treated like another number but that's how it is with 95% of companies, no?
Matheson
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 5, 2018
Matheson was a very good company to work for. I worked for them for 5 years and then they hired me back after a went to another company. The company allowed me to grow and learned alot from the people there. If personal circumstances were different; I would have stayed with the company
Work day
Filler (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJanuary 28, 2018
The work day was laid back. You went to your area to fill tanks to prep for next day deliveries. When the drivers returned you would help them set up pods for next day.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Environment
Knowledgeable team, well managed
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORJanuary 26, 2018
Typical day included a daily safety meeting with a different topic everyday, as well as covering materials and cylinders that were not loaded, processed, or ready for delivery. Pre trip vehicle, double check load, and head out for deliveries. Management was hands off for routing and deliveries; you could build and run your route however you saw fit, within reason of course. Once the day was done, return to base, help unload, and call it a day. Tualatin location had a third party fueling company refuel the trucks during off hours, as well as have them serviced when needed. Tualatin is also one of the only locations within Matheson that loads the trucks the night before to help the drivers get out the door quicker in the morning.
Pros
Well managed, extremely knowledgeable employees and management
Cons
Benefits were not so great, constant issues with the electronic logging
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 24, 2018
A small but productive company. A good place to get into the air separation industry. I had a great trainer who taught me the fundamentals of cryogenics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight