Mathis Brothers Furniture Employee Reviews

Good Job for Work Exp
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 31, 2018
work in a family environment and was greeted with respect. i did what was asked and then some. i did enjoy my part at Mathis brothers. I've learned a lot working here.
Pros
Free lunches
warehouse worker
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 16, 2018
It's a good place to start if you need a starting point career wise you lean alot i a short time plus look for better work when other jobs are open apply
Pros
great furniture
Cons
way too much to pay for
poor work Place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 11, 2018
I have seen one case in which a 64 year old sales person was pushed out of the way and to the ground so another sales person could beat him to a customer. fights between sales managers in front of customers. Avoid working for this company.
good strong company
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 8, 2018
strong family owned business, top of the line merchandise, great people, awesome co-workers... learned a great amount form management. still friends with a lot of them to this day.
Pros
fun work place, gorgeous store
Cons
not all costumers were satisfied st first when store first opened.
Decent place to work overall
Worker (Current Employee) –  OklahomaMay 6, 2018
Schedule is usually pretty nice.

Some managers are good, some aren't, but the job is okay overall.

The pay is good for Oklahoma.

Sometimes have events.

Asking off for vacation is weird.
Good Plan, horrible administration
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 11, 2018
The Company has a long history so it has a good idea on how to thrive in the furniture industry, and how to position itself in the market with the huge selection from it's manufacture partners. The company and the infrastructure is good so opportunity for a lucrative career is there for a sales who knows what to do, but the administration is horrible during the time I was there. Fairness and integrity of the managers are non-existent, professionalism is not its strong suit on all levels, sales, managers, or customer service... Nevertheless, I did achieve great success while I was there, due to the timing of the industry and my skill sets. After I left I still keep in touch with friends and ex colleagues so I have been told that there are improvements in leadership.
The best, good supervisor , nice person
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 4, 2018
My evaluación os 100% positive.I worked very good, with another employes was good relaccion.
Cons
Great job for the right person
Sales Associate, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAApril 3, 2018
I worked at Mathis brothers for a few years in my late 20s. I literally ke Mathis brothers I think they are a good business who takes care of there own. Mathis isn’t for everyone. It’s a sales job so there is a lot of things that come with a sales job, you have to be thick skinned, a go getter and have good energy. I like Mathis because if you want it bad enough it is there for you. The sky is the limit in how much you can make there because people go in and spend money. There are sales people that make over 100k a year easy. The lower end sales people are making around 60k a year. Not bad...........
Fast
Repair Shop Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 13, 2018
As long as you go in and show you want to work and don't let yourself get caught up in some of the dumb things it is an amazing place to work. You can advance fast in this place.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Nothing really
Fulfilling and Lucrative place of work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 9, 2018
This company offers you many opportunities to grow your career if you are willing to work hard, put in the work, be optomistic, go over and beyond, and apply yourself.

Want to know more about Mathis Brothers Furniture?

Ask a question
Very nice people in the design gallery
Cashier/Receptionist, Design Gallery (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 19, 2018
Learned a lot from interacting with customers and designers. Accepted payments for merchandise, scheduled deliveries, answered phone, assigned customers to next available designer and kept count of foot traffic..
Pros
Gorgeous store
Cons
Unprofessional management
Inadequate pay and ridiculously fast work environment. Think McDonalds
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 16, 2018
For someone still in high school, this is a decent job. They let you start later and it's money coming in. If you're anyone who has to pay for anything other than partying and eating out with your friends, this isn't the place for you. Annual raise is roughly $0.25/hr and since you start at $8/hr roughly, you're not going anywhere anytime soon. Not much opportunity for overtime, and you're pretty replaceable. On the plus side, the job is so simple that anyone can do it (I know this from experience as it felt like Mathis Brothers would hire just about anyone under the sun to work in the warehouse).
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Work like McDonald's but with $1/hr more pay.
Had an huge break room.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 1, 2018
Very fast paced environment. I learned how to manage and handle different situations while working at Mathis Brothers. People worked well together in order to meet expectations.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No room for advancement
Excellent Company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Wonderful coworkers and managers. Owned and operated by a family of very generous and considerate people. I loved working in such a wonderful environment.
Not a good company to work for
Cherry Picker Operator (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 26, 2018
No matter how hard you work they will never appreciate you as a worker or a person, and the raises are only 25 cents a year, the ownership is no good.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Managers
Fast past and competitive
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 20, 2018
It was a nice place to work it was like a family place kind of job. The small store i working at Was always trying to out do the main store in Tulsa. We would try to have the best pull times and load out time and most of the time we did.
favortidm over other departments
Delivery Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 27, 2017
up to 3 different departments had their schedules changed within a year and a half just to compensate for one department, who never changed their schedule
Pros
benefits and the people you meet
Cons
poor mangment, not enough ears to listen
Good Company
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 18, 2017
I was in commission sales. It is stressful but that is how that job goes. Had a great experience working for the company. Left to finish college and my work schedule conflicted with classes.
Not Bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 4, 2017
Good managers, fast paced work place. Fair about getting lunches or dinners. But a lot to remember and learn. Parking for employees AWFUL!!!!! Could set when not helping customers.
Pros
Could Set in chair when not with customer to give feet a break
Cons
Parking for employees AWFUL
Loved it
Route Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 2, 2017
If you like teamwork and freedom at your jobthis is the place for you. It was a tough job but you’re always busy and having fun. I liked the structure of the job you showed up we will put the furniture together we’re loaded on the truck and then we go deliver it. So we got to meet a lot of cool people and See some cool houses.
Pros
Freedom.
Cons
Sometimes 7 days a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mathis Brothers Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Mathis Brothers Furniture Reviews by Location