Mathnasium the Math Learning Center/Mathnasium KV

4.8
Ratings breakdown
Teaching & Learning while having fun and eating candy
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLJune 14, 2018
Through my time at the Mathnasium of Cooper City, I always felt appreciated and encouraged. I felt like my time there was meaningful and valuable and like the staff, especially my bosses, always pushed for the best from me and for my success. The kids were always ready to joke and study and were such a bright part of my day. I recommend for all of my friends with good math skills to Algebra 2 to apply for a job there!
Pros
Snacks, relaxed, fun, good pay, flexible hours, great team, etc
Cons
the only one i can think of is it's hard to find parking sometimes
Flexible part-time position for high school/college students
Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  West Boca RatonJune 14, 2018
I've been working at Mathnasium for many years now, starting as an instructor and now promoted to Lead Instructor. I have worked at nearly every South Florida center and I've personally met and worked with dozens of employees and hundreds of students over the years.

For my money, this company is a fantastic place to work if you're talented with math and teaching, and you need some work experience or want to better students' lives. There are a few reasons for this:

1) The method for teaching that the company advertises not only works, but it has honestly helped me to streamline my knowledge of many subjects over the years, as well as forcing me to brush up on topics that I glossed over when I was in school, including probability and Geometry (the bane of high schoolers). The whole process works as advertised and it genuinely makes me feel good to be selling a product I have seen work and that helps me every day in small ways.

2) I took this job originally because I was a high schooler and I needed a job, but time and again I have been thankful that this job has adapted to me ever-changing school schedule and lifestyle. When I was new the hours were less than I wanted, but with time I came to work almost 20 hours a week - while some instructors can only work 10 or less because of scheduling. Unfortunately, when there is an over saturation of instructors the hours spread thinly, but that's to be expected.

3) The environment is very positive. The center directors always make sure the teams are tight-knit, because it helps everything flow more easily. You'll be
  more... working in close proximity to your instructors in fast-paced and stressful environments most days, so it's very important you learn to trust your peers and ask for help when you need it, and the culture in the centers always supports that.

The hardest parts of the job depend on your skillset. For some, it's time management - being able to work with 4 students and not fall behind grading, logging, watching, and instructing all at once. For others, it's professionalism - many instructors begin out of high school, and are not used to being in the role of 'expert,' with all of the expectations and perks that accompany that role. For me, the hardest part was drawing a line with the students between being friendly with them and being their friend, especially the students that are there to have fun AND learn.
Pros
Flexible hours, supportive culture, professional environment, good teaching environment, keeps math skills sharp
Cons
Bi-annual pay increase opportunities, relatively short training period, Hours lessen with more instructors.
Fun Workplace with teaching children fundamental mathematics concepts.
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 13, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy my time at mathnasium, as I can teach kids concepts that I personally love. The joy you feel when a kid understands something is truly priceless. I recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Helping kids
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work with great people
Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 13, 2018
It’s an enjoyable place to work and be able to see kids improve their mathematical skills. Both my center director and assistant center director are very helpful. It’s also fun to interact with coworkers and the kids during game times, which we have during the summer.
Pros
Helping kids
very poor experience
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 6, 2018
The hourly wage is so low that it is obvious that experience and knowledge are not valued.

The center director is woefully unprepared for the job. The lack of focus and support combine to prevent student success.
Rewarding Position
Instructor (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 5, 2017
This is a very rewarding position as you work with students and see them reach their math potential.
The instructors and management are great as we work as a team to provide great service to the students and provide flexibility for the instructors.
It's a great part time opportunity for anyone who likes math and working with children and teens.
Pros
Improving childrens' math skills, flexibility
Fun Math Learning Center
Instructor (Current Employee) –  St. Matthews, KYJanuary 19, 2017
Mathnasium is a fun learning environment and a good opportunity to gain experience working with students. The company is well organized and has a great staff. Mathnasium helps students understand math concepts and makes learning math fun.
Pros
Great Staff, The company is well organized
Cons
A challenging and interesting enviroment helping kids
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 18, 2017
At Mathnasium, I love helping students achieve a deeper understanding of mathematics. I get to work with students with weaknesses as well as those with very strong foundations. My own math skills have improved with daily practice. Additionally, the staff is a great group of people who all care deeply about our students' success. I don't know if I can give a stronger recommendation than even when I am tired, I can't wait to get to work.
Pros
Good hours, great coworkers, excellent curriculum
Great environment and job satisfaction
Assistant Center Director (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 18, 2017
My co-workers are great, the hours are reasonable, and I love being in a position that helps kids succeed in math. Everyone is on the same page with the goal of making sure each student gets a quality math education, both locally and on the corporate level, and that goes a long way for making sure the work environment is healthy and enjoyable.
Best Job I've Had Yet!!
Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 18, 2017
Mathnasium is an amazing company! I work here while completing my Elementary Education degree, and it was the best decision I have made. The environment is so fun. You get to work with kids of all ages and help them learn to understand math in a way that makes sense to them. I've have been working here for less than 6 months, and I have already been promoted to Lead Instructor. There are plenty of opportunities to move up with this company. Not to mention, our amazing Center Director. She is kind, helpful, and genuinely cares.

Want to know more about Mathnasium the Math Learning Center/Mathnasium KV?

Ask a question
Very rewarding educational job
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLJanuary 17, 2017
A good place to work if you like education and helping kids. It is a program that I have seen work and it is very rewarding to help the kids and watch them grow mathematically.
Fun, team focused workplace that advances children's math skills
Instructor (Current Employee) –  St. Matthews in Louisville, KYJanuary 17, 2017
Mathnasium is a great workplace for people who are passionate about mathematics or working with children, trying to improve teaching/speaking skills, or hoping to work with fellow employees as a team. Mathnasium aims to help students learn in an effective, fun way for each individual. I love the focus Mathnasium puts on building or strengthening a solid foundation before moving on to more challenging concepts. So far at Mathnasium I am impressed with the noticeable differences in the ways students work and pick up on things and how our team of instructors appropriately communicates to find the best teaching methods for specific students. I am loving this job, my coworkers, and our students so far and expect for this satisfaction with Mathnasium to grow.
Pros
Personable management, company outings, shorter shifts, schedule flexibility
Cons
Slightly quick transition from training to working with students, occasionally slow (usually preceding holidays)
Excited to Be Helping Students With a Program that Works!
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Mathnasium has been the best job I have had. We truly make a difference in the lives of our students everyday! I am excited to come into work each day because everyday is different and rewarding. I tell all of my friends to apply because I know the changes we are making everyday and I love working for a company like that.
Amazing Place to Work
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2017
I started here in January 2016 and I have loved every minute of working on the Support Team. I was hired to be the Billing Coordinator, and I still am, but I have received the opportunity to work in other departments as well and learned so much from the experience. I came into this company not realizing that I was about to start working somewhere that I would want to make my career.
My co-workers are so wonderful and were so welcoming from day one. I always enjoy getting to work along side them.
What I enjoy most about this job is that I am working for a company that helps children build confidence and grow every day. While I am not personally taking part in that exercise, what we do on the Support Team help make it possible for our instructors to do so.
Pros
Great work environment, amazing staff
Great business to work for, especially as a first job
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Mathnasium has phenomenal core values and an awesome management team that make this job not only enjoyable but easy to transition into. Having never worked a job before, the Mathnasium team made sure that I had all the resources necessary to succeed at my job. Additionally they make sure to provide flexibility with hours and really care about the students that receive help at the facility.
Great part-time job for this mom!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Now that all three of my kids are in school, I wanted to find a part-time job that was flexible and understanding of my mom-schedule. From the first interview I knew it would be a great place to work surrounded by awesome people. I enjoy helping other parents learn more about our program and can personally attest to how well it works since two of my boys attend. Mathnasium is a a tremendous math learning program and the customer service position is great because it's not too stressful and the hours are flexible. I would definitely recommend this job to any other moms (or dads) looking for part-time work!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lots of sitting - but that's to be expected!
Phenomenal place to work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Mathnasium is a great place to work. There is never a dull moment with the kids. The greatest part of a typical work day is getting to see the excitement on the students' face when the topic is making sense to them. That makes my day and I get to see the difference I am making in their life.
Great workplace with great staff who make a difference
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Ever since I started working at Mathnasium I have consistently seen the impact it's employees have on kids of all ages. The assigned curriculum and face to face help provided by these centers provide kids with the help they need to stay on track, and exceed, in their courses. It's rare to find a child who is upset during their session and is unwilling to try to learn. The instructors are all great with kids and very knowledgeable with regards to the material they are working on at school as well as that provided by Mathnasium.
Pros
Personable instructors, great sturcture, productive environment
Always entertaining workplace
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Working at the Mathnasium has proven to never have a dull moment. A typical day at work requires a mixture of being constantly perspective of your surroundings as well as the ability to multitask and work with several people at once. The job keeps you busy, allowing you to see both the hardest part of the job and at the same time one of the most enjoyable parts.
Pros
Flexible hours
Such a wonderful environment! Kind coworkers and center director!
Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 12, 2017
The kids are amazing! If you ever need help or aren't sure about something your coworkers are always there to help you! If you are a math enthusiast and would like to help others this is definitely the job for you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mathnasium the Math Learning Center/Mathnasium KV. Our community is ready to answer.

Mathnasium the Math Learning Center/Mathnasium KV Reviews by Job Title