Matilda Jane Clothing

United States22 reviews

Matilda Jane Clothing insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

Fast pace environment. But hard to be hired into.

I’ve worked with them twice and each time I was laid off after 90 days due to not having any full time positions available. They’ve had the same employees for years and some make the same pay or have had little to no raises. Work was great. Sometimes you were laid off due to having no work for days even weeks at a time. I left recently due to no work being available and I was told they were going to lay off all of the staffing agency employees Because we weren’t needed anymore.

Pros

If we had to work Saturday or Sunday they sometimes bought us lunch.

Cons

Short breaks, laid off

A place that doesn't care about their employees

Used to be fun and caring place to be. You would have paid holidays and not have to work. Now you have to work those holidays you don't get to spend time with your family. The work is not guaranteed and there is no set schedule which makes it very hard to plan appointments or outings with your family. If you don't agree with management consider yourself done because no matter how many times they say they say they don't hold grudges, they really do. They tell you to talk to HR to make things better but that's not true here either. No matter who you talk to, you are the one in the wrong. To them management is never wrong.

Cons

You only get one 15 minute break, 30 minute lunch. Raises are few and far between, Especially for the warehouse

great work life balance

Great culture and people to work with. Good comp plan and benefits. small team so you get to know and work with everyone. many company feel good events. low stress and friendly city to live and work in.

I love my job!!

I absolutely love my job! If I had the choice to work here forever I would. I love my job and all the people envolved. Even on the bad days they make it all worth while. Amazing employees, trinkets and customers!

Pros

People

Cons

Hours

Exactly what you make of it...

You are your own boss at Matilda Jane. You're in business for yourself but not by yourself. You have the support of the entire Home Office staff as you grow your boutique business.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Loved working there. Great job for college or high school students who are looking for something that pays decent and isn’t crazy hours or extremely hard. Also you can pick the days you want to work.

work from home

Matilda Jane allowed for me to work around my families schedule and at a pace I chose to follow. I learned How to advertise to the right group of people to get the best customers.

Easy work. Low pay.

Work is easy. PTO is nice if you are ever approved for it. Claim to be family focused but that doesn't go for the warehouse. Poorly ran company. NO safety training or protocols in place. Dangerous situations in the warehouse. Never had fire drills or shown where fire extinguishers were. Not many people even knew there was an AED available.

Pros

Paid lunch. PTO. 401K if you meet the age requirement.

Cons

Pay. Work consistency. Safety.

Fun and upbeat company to work for

Matilda Jane is the best company to work for if your a mom! Allows you to determine your own hours and your own earning potential. Lots of perks for hitting sales goals. Amazing uplines and semi annual events.

Create and maintain a customer base

I was expected to start a children’s clothing company out of my home... I would do shows at people’s houzes & online... I was expected to establish and maintain a strong customer base to continue my monthly business

Too much favoritism

At first I loved working there. Until I started opening my eyes and releasing that 2nd shift supervisor was playing favorites and let's that person get away with everything. The pay sucks too many fake people and the favorite person doesn't do a darn thing. And if that person doesn't get what it wants starts crying and getting mad towards everyone. Human resources doesn't care anything. So glad I left that place.

It has a lot like highschool with drama. But its pretty laid back.

It was laid back because everyone knew everyone and most were friendly. My supervisor wasn't very resourceful. She wouldnt know where we were suppose to be and just send us all over the building.

Pros

Free lunch breaks and we were able to dress comfortable for the most part.

Cons

Drama and unorganized

Customer Care at Matilda Jane

This was by far my favorite position. I loved the people I worked with everyday! It was always a feeling of "sharing the love" per one of the many mottos the company has. I would always look for ways to help a customer smile. The hardest part of my job was the decision to leave to be honest. Also keeping up with all the emails! I loved how the management team worked with all of us to help reach deadlines and goals. I learned how to take a very disgruntled customer and turn them into a very happy customer! I loved the feeling that I got when I was responsible for making someone's day better.

Pros

2 weeks vacation and very family oriented company

miss it.

great place to work very welcoming work place and pushes employee creativity. long hours but you get to listen to music well you work so it wasn't that bad. i just wish it wasn't on and off work.

Pros

paid lunch.

Cons

inconsistent work.

Matilda Jane

The work there is very easy but the environment is not to friendly, The people that work there have been there for awhile and are a very close group since it is such a small company

Decent

Working here for "X" amount of days, I've learned quite a bit about local business. Though the company works mainly in Fort Wayne, they have "Trunk Keepers" in every state, so that means quite a bit of orders February through December. Expect January to be slow, just a heads up. The supervisors will occasionally play favorites, but I feel the work is distributed evenly. Yes, your coworkers can be a pain, but it's part of working for the company.

Matilda Jane

What can I say about this place? Well if you get hired off the street you get paid more than the poor sap that got hired through the temp. I should know I got the job through a temp and waited a year for them to hire me in. The boss plays favorites too and if she doesn't like you for whatever reason you won't get a pay raise and be stuck at part time. 401k and a discount was all I got. The place makes clothes for little girls and when you have no children it doesn't mean much. It got thrown in my face a lot and made me feel like I didn't belong. Glad to be away from this place.

Pros

Cons

All of it

Goals are made nearly impossible.

The company sets your sales goals to be nearly impossible to reach. It takes hard work and dedication away from your family and home life with very little to show or make up for it. Their customer service team is extremely hard to get in touch with.

Not worth it

The company has drastically changed over the past five years. There are no more requirements to become a representative. Basically all Matilda Jane corporate wants is your money. They over saturate and do not care whatsoever,

you can make as much as you are willing to put into the sales

This company is a great opportunity for a stay at home mom to make some extra cash. You hold trunk shows build up you clientele. You place orders for your customers.

Knew what to do every day

An employee knows what to expect here from day to day. It is either picking orders or packing orders. On a rare occasion I would stock shelves.

Pros

Great break schedule. Longer lunch time when working 10+ hours

Cons

Small breakroom that wasn't able to fit all employees

Common questions about Matilda Jane Clothing

Answered by current and former employees at Matilda Jane Clothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Matilda Jane Clothing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9