Matrix Absence Management Employee Reviews

I wish I could have gained more experience
Integrated Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2018
matrix absence management gave me the opportunity to work in a different aspect of benefit administration. I wish I could have remained employed longer that I had.
Don't Waste Your Time!
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 24, 2018
This is the worst Company ever to work for! Management is dishonest and very deceitful! There is lack of training! Poor communication is evident. The wages aren't competitive and you have to earn your PTO. There are definitely cliques within the Company.
Pros
Number of Holidays paid
Cons
Too many to comment on!
Glad I left
Integrated Claims Examiner II (FMLA & STD) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 16, 2018
Glad I left, as I have heard they are driving claims examiners to provide lousy service and submit quantities of work that are unrealistic.

Many others have left the sinking ship, as it were...
Hope they can figure out that examiners are not robots, and that quality they profess is attainable with training and better management.
Pros
Some good people as peers
Cons
Most good people get fed up and leave; un-obtainable expectations for number of claims to manage.
Customer Service oriented
LTD Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2018
Matrix is a very customer service oriented company. There have been a lot of changes in management but for the good of the company and building a better workplace environment. Work life balance is difficult but getting better.
NY is a great location
AMS examiner (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYMarch 22, 2018
I work in the Hawthorne office. Really enjoy my team and coworkers. Dress down everyday. I like that I’m responsible for my own work. My supervisor isn’t micromanaging me and trusts me to get my job done.
Pros
Nice work environment. Dress down
Cons
Needs system upgrades
Stressful
Integrated Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2018
Stressful job and not much training. Also worked on weekends to stay caught up. Priorities always changed. Too much work to handle in a 40 hour work week.
Pros
Stress
Cons
Decent pay
A stressful place to work
Absence Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2018
A stressful place to work the drive was stressful very far fo me. I did like the company overall. I liked the the people that I worked with. Alot of phone work which I really did not care for.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Nice people
Run
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 23, 2018
The pay is good but not worth the stress. People are literally dropping like files because of the workload. The place is a circus, there’s absolutely no structure. Stay away the interview process will trick you.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Everything else
Nice interview process
Integrated Claims Examiner II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 23, 2018
Five years ago, the values and culture were directed to the bettterment if employees. Management was very involved in their employees well-being. They would even visit employees in hospitals. Unfortunately that is no longer the case. The culture shifted to bottom dollars. Accounts are under staffed, but management requires completion of work even if the employee has to work 60+ hours. Management have only a “putting out fires” mentality.
Pros
Co-workers make the only reason to work in this company
Cons
Overwork, under appreciated. No work-life balance
Paid Slavery
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2018
If you're willing to work 10+ hours per day and be responsible for over 300 cases per month, then this is the place for you. There is no work life balance, and you are expected to work long hours everyday to complete your never ending task list. When you complain about the long hours, you are told "this is an exempt position, so you can't expect to only work 40 hours per week." Policies and procedures are constantly changing with little notice and very little training. This is a sink or swim job. The turnover rate is ridiculously high; about 50% of new hires quit before their 90-day probationary period is over.

The plus side is you get to wear jeans to work!
Pros
Casual dress code
Cons
No breaks, long hours, heavy caseload
stressful and hard place to work
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2018
Management expects the world of you in an 8 hour day, and if you cant do it then your required to stay longer till it's done. Highly stressful job, hard to have a work home life balance. constantly given additional tasks to do and required to pick up when others are out. No regard for personal situations, cut throat and heartless liars.
The worst place I've ever worked
STD/LOA Integrated Claim Examiner (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 8, 2018
This is the worst place I've ever worked. I will only recommend this place to someone who has absolutely no job and close to hitting rock bottom. I've never seen a place where people walk out after one day of being there. I wish I would have read all the reviews before accepting this job.
good company great people
LTD Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2018
I sincerely liked working at Matrix. The job is fast paced, and you can expect to be busy from morning til quitting time. There is a team environment and the people were the best part of the job.
Extremely poor management
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2018
There is a severe lack of support between Management and the lower class workers. There is no such thing as "open door" policy and there is no assistance to promote growth.
Good Company
Claims Coordinator - Integrated Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 14, 2017
Matrix was a very good company to work for. I was able to learn and grow in my career field during the 8 years employed there. I enjoyed the team effort from my coworkers and the support of my department supervisors and managers.
Pros
Nice work space
Cons
no tuition reimbursement
Bad
Integrated Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 9, 2017
Do yourself a favor, keep looking.The pay is not competitive compared to other TPA's. Long hours are expected every day once they see competency at your job (they WILL give you more work than you can handle in an 8 hour day).
If you're looking for work-life balance, this is not the place for you!
Integrated Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 25, 2017
The company philosophy and management style changed greatly in the 8 years I was there. I enjoyed the work however, when my position went from feeling like an H.R. professional to feeling like a factory worker, I was disappointed and discouraged.
Pros
Benefits were good; most of the people I worked with were nice
Cons
Salaried employees worked more than 40 hours regularly
Lovely immediate management staff
Integrated Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYNovember 1, 2017
The staff isn't encouraged to develop into leaders. Opportunity to grow within company is limited. Managers lack understanding of staff and how to develop employees to the next level.
Pros
No clock in system Management is pretty understanding to our needs.
Cons
Not enough vacation time.
Fast paced
Integrated Claim Examiner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2017
Friendly environment, Communication is very important and most of the company can communicate very well. They do like to promote within first. Will keep you bus.
Easy work-Bad Management
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2017
Being a team player was NOT a good thing in this company. I was told that was"irrelevant"
The work was easy, repetitive can get very busy. OT was always available sometimes Mandatory.
Pros
career advancements, yearly raises
Cons
work nights, weekends, mandatory OT Bad Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Matrix Absence Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8