Matrix Medical Network Employee Reviews

they grind you under you quit
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 19, 2018
I came to the company to make a difference and to be appreciated. They made promises of better pay, rewarded for good work, bonuses, increased benefits and so on. They delivered on ZERO. Speaking to those who have been there a little longer, they laugh and say "Welcome to Matrix!" Been here a year and those who were here before me have quickly left since the horrible acquisitions of Life Plans and Healthfair. Sad but they grind you under you quit.
Pros
none that I can think of
Cons
they grind you under you quit
Do not work here
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winter Springs, FLOctober 17, 2018
Please do not be fooled by the decent hourly rate. This job will stress you out until you just want to leave. They fire people randomly every week. All the managers are phony and make decisions off of favoritism. They lack common sense and do not care about their employees. The entire job is a scam. These elderly health plan members do not need these assessments. Do not get close to anyone because the next thing you know they are fired for no good reason. All this job cares about is numbers and money. Save yourself please.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Short breaks. Poor management.
Contact Center (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 11, 2018
there is really nothing to say, it's not line anyone will make a change

the company is growing very well and is located in various STATES. lots of work to com or the future
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Beware
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 9, 2018
They lie to you. They tell you everyone is happy there how great it is to work there. They allow temps to be part of everything just like your a direct hire. All lies. They act like military cops and your the criminal. I am puzzled how anyone can be happy working here. They fire new people as soon as they reach there bonus so they don't have pay it to them. They put $$ into the facility. Decent facility a little strange deco tho. They take $$ from employees and put towards there facility and OL higher up parties. I seriously felt left out there. I made a friend the next day he was fired. They have bed bugs and let people into the building when they sprayed. A lot of people got reactions and had to go to the hospital/ doctor. There are ambulances there way too much. The leader talks about punching employees in the face. They said if they don't answer the phone to accept in home medical appointments then we are going to go knocking on there doors. Beware of Humana freedom Aetna and many other insurance companies. This place is Evil beware
Pros
Cons
The money is definately not worth it what they put you through. Run
Sold a bill of goods
Operations (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 9, 2018
Matrix has your guard who don't want to change no matter what they say in meetings. New progressive ideas or swatted away. HR is allowed to staff organization and has no expertise in other areas besides HR. Better served by cleaning up on messy department. Underpays most, PTO is old school, 401(k) match is laughable, given the 3rd° to get a pencil – really, you must sign it out for fear you would steal it! Need I go on? I would assume that some companies read these and do something about it. This coming just pretends it on ploys are happy to collect a paycheck. And they don't pay attention to this at all. That should tell you enough of it so that you don't wanna work for this company because they really don't care about you.
Pros
i'm at some really great people here who I would consider friends. Unfortunately like myself, they all left.
Cons
Poor 401(k) match, force PTO at the end of the year, poor management, no corporate direction, it's active give the same speech is that they been giving for the last five years
It's a good gig.
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 5, 2018
Nice place to work. I'm glad Matrix hired me. Matrix has decent people, decent pay. Fair policies. Definitely recommend getting a job at Matrix Medical Network!
Recovery very doubtful
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 1, 2018
Company crippling insane acquisitions, competitors are getting more business, there’s no hiring, the customers are complaining more and more about service, products and staff are complaining more and more they can’t deliver what’s wanted, financials are in a mess - sales down, costs not down, positions eliminations have occurred but haven’t produced the savings everyone claimed they would, so more firings are expected, ideas are either stifled, dropped, waiting endlessly for funding, executives have lost what little respect employees had for them, no one respects the parent companies, if you come here, you are to be extremely desperate!
Pros
near fwy so I get there and out of there fast like everyone else
Cons
Company crippling insane acquisitions, the customers are complaining more and more about service, financials are in a mess, more firings are expected, new ideas are stifled, executives have lost what little respect employees had for them, no one respects the parent companies, if you come here then you are extremely desperate
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo , FloridaSeptember 24, 2018
I’m sorry but I will leave this place . They tell you that you are helping people and that’s not true . It is a lie that we are saving people calling it (life’s changing per an hour ) not true . We are literally pushing these members to say yes and tell them that they need these health assessments when they really don’t need it . The OL,s make us seem and pressure us to make more money by making more appointments . There were bed bugs at the call center in Largo they spray and the next following day it smelled horrible and toxic. After there are many ambulances outside the call center and take people to the hospital. They tell us we have to go inside . I was so scared and they didn’t care all they cared was making appontments for $$$$$$. They did not care about the health of there employees. Many employees left and few stayed and they have them pizza and gift cards . That is called bribing to not say anything . It’s ridiculous and we call ourself Matrix medical network. We are no HEALTHCARE helping people. They say it’s a nice and fun place but it’s a LIE .
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Bed bugs in the Largo center office
Ok job
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 23, 2018
The perk of working at matrix as an NP was the flexibility in scheduling. They lay people off frequently. Many years ago, it was the best job one could ask for. Over the years, many changes were made and it is an ok place to work depending on your manager.
Awful place to work!! Bed bugs everywhere, killing us with spray
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seminole FloridaSeptember 21, 2018
This place is awful. They always want a favor, go above and beyond, help one more! But turn around and treat the common employee like trash. They are infested with bed bugs, they expect all workers to work their shift with bed bugs crawling everywhere.
They then load the place down with pesitcides and expected workers to sit there breathing it all in. 90% of the people we call dont need this Health assessment, they dont want it and they feel bullied into taking it!
Pros
nothing
Cons
bed bugs and managment
There were bed bugs everywhere
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLSeptember 21, 2018
We had bed bugs everywhere. It was just horrible. It is a call center so you come in, make calls for 8 hours, and leave. It is all about getting old people to let the nurses see them in their home so the executives can make all the money.
Pros
some free lunches but it then fast in 20 minutes
Cons
bed bugs, treated like hearded cattle, coning old people
Good Place To Work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 19, 2018
Going into Matrix I had two main goals, to advance my technical skills and develop my leadership skills. Both of these goals were achieved. Despite the fact that there isn't overly advanced analytics being done, there is opportunity to learn and the organization is open to new things.
nightmare
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 17, 2018
It isn't a good experience working at Matrix Medical Network, The most senior leaders and completely out of tough with reality. Two very poor acquisitions made a bad working environment even worse. The friends that I did have the company have since all quit and they were managers and above!
Pros
easy commute
Cons
It isn't a good experience working at Matrix Medical Network, The most senior leaders and completely out of tough with reality, Two very poor acquisitions made a bad working environment even worse, The friends that I did have the company have since all quit and they were managers and above!
Company loses top talent daily
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 13, 2018
Poorly managed especially after the acquisition of part of Life Plan and the money pit Healthfair. No one is happy who is any type of management position as there is no appreciation, endless hours and one disaster after another to clean up from acquisitions that have ripped out the heart and soul of Matrix as well as resources. Movie should be made of how made it was handled by Matrix executives and the clueless parent companies. What do you expect from buying from criminals.
Pros
nothing anymore
Cons
poorly managed, endless hours, no appreciation, no pay in crease, no merit increase, 3% match in 401k, forced pto at end of year, constantly having to freeze hiring, etc. due to no money
Analyst/Developer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 10, 2018
Working here is good. The compensation is a little low compared to similar jobs at other companies but it's not bad and the medical benefits are fantastic. PTO policy is a bit behind the times, you have a pool of hours that you have to use for vacation and sick time while a lot of newer companies have unlimited PTO. Also, it is a call center environment so if that's not for you you may want to look elsewhere. That said the people are great, the culture is supportive, they're very open to you having new ideas and actually implementing them. You also get a lot of free food.
autonomy
South Florida Region- Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 6, 2018
ability to work remotely and autonomy, great place for new grad to learn to chard and complete full assessments. pays well but lack tangible support..
Good job for NPs
Clinical Services Leadership (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 13, 2018
Great job with flexibility for NPs conducting HRAs. Not the environment for new graduates, as the role's success is contingent on already having significant clincial skill.
Pros
Different experiences every day
Cons
Rigid scheduling & high productivity expectations
The Role is Stressful they fire every friday its a revolving door
Medical Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2018
The management is new they do not know the company. The workplace culture is cut throat you either perform or they fire you. It's sad to say they fire groups of people every week. I would never recommend to work here there bonus structure is HEAVLY FAVORED TOWARDS THE COMPANY. Its Cruel what they are they doing they do NOT pay out any bonuses that are worth the time and trouble to get them.
Pros
food truck
Cons
short breaks, revolving door, unhealthy place to work at.
Company is only concerned with the bottom line
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 2, 2018
This is not a real Nurse Practitioner job. While it is pleasant to visit with the elderly population and on occasion there were opportunities to provide education on health issues, it is essentially only to scam Medicare advantage plan companies out of health care dollars as NP's do not really diagnose and do not treat in this role, only report and educate which 90% of patients seen do not need.
Management only cares about numbers and productivity and do NOT listen to provider concerns regarding routes, schedules, efficiency, etc. There is absolutely NO transparency when it comes to job security as management will totally string you along with false promises of job security to keep you up until the minute they eliminate your position with NO notice. Very unprofessional and a wasted use of my skills for almost two years.

NEW GRADS DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR BE SWAYED BY THE SALARY. YOU ARE ONLY DELAYING GAINING VALUABLE EXPERIENCE YOU NEED TO GROW AS A PROVIDER
Pros
Competitive salary and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Soft Sales. Perfect for someone who has been in sales and likes sales.
Appointment Setter/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Largo, FL 33773August 1, 2018
This is a great place to work, if you like the sales positions. Management is great with their people. It is a very faced paced position and breaks are strict.
Pros
Overtime, if you want it.
Cons
Temp job. Do not know about the benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Matrix Medical Network. Our community is ready to answer.