Matrix Medical Network Employee Reviews

They need to follow the bullying policy they preach
Sr accounts payable specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 12, 2018
If they actually practice the bullying policy they preach and get rid of the dead wood or alliance of CMA that’s been there for 5 years they might actually be a great place to work. The trainer I had sucked and disliked me from the start of my contract in AP. She’s also what I would call a ring leader and seems to have a lot of staff scared of her. She needs to go!
A Growing Company
CLINICAL OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 10, 2018
MMN is growing quickly, almost too quickly to be successful long term. Upper management has gone from being mission driven to profit driven. This shift is blamed on a different landscape in the field, however is it truly about making more money.
Pros
remote work; salary
Cons
little room for advancement, minimum development
Management Issues
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 2, 2018
I believe the premise of this company was great. The manager who managed me was not people oriented and was not a great mentor to the staff. Did not give direction well.
Productive fun working environment
SR Rep (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 25, 2018
Workplace culture was very very fun and open open door policy was great lots of one-on-one guidance and the training was excellent retraining of new programs excellent supervisors and mentors very good at your job I learned a lot about the health insurance plans here in the US enjoyed making appointments for the insurer to get there PC adjustment and learning about their own health plan injoyed the atmosphere.
Pros
BOnuS lunches gift cards and Amazon tablet gifts and Central Avenue last night very helpful
Cons
Change in Management
Onboarding Concierge
Onboarding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 18, 2018
I facilitate onboarding activities for new providers. I serve as a point of contact for applicant, candidates, and new providers inquires and escalates appropriately. I support the Flex (part-time) Onboarding in all areas of the United States to create the best onboarding experience for new providers with Matrix Medical Network. I provider concierge-like service to candidates and new hires; connecting them to recruiting, HR, Credentialing, Administration and Clinical Education. Including maintaining new hire paperwork, coordinating background screenings, provider credentialing and clinical education as necessary. I am new providers onboarding administrator; initiates and send orientation correspondence to new providers. I give timely and helpful response to candidates and new hires requests addressing them via phone, email or text outreach.
Competitvie work environment
Confirmer (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 13, 2018
I learned that with hard work, comes success but, you must put in the work in order to succeed not only at work but in everything on the whole. I guided many healthcare members on their road to healthy with assisting them in complying with their health care's need to keep their members health and strong.
Look somewhere else
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2018
If you would like the life slowly sucked out of you, this is the place to work. Your typical work day is approximately 12-16 hours. Management landed their positions by luck and then hired their buddies.
Pros
Decent pay if you like working the hours
Cons
Long days and treated like a number.
Cluster Fire
Worker (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 7, 2018
Good idea to stay away from this company. Management is not up to par, the HR team is a disaster and workers are leaving left and right, it's like the Titantic..sinking fast. Company just did two mismanaged acquisitions and to justify these big mistakes, give the upper level management bonuses and awards, yet make the actual workers pay for it by having them use their PTO in advance. Management, especially in HR are backstabbing. Bosses do not have your back no matter how much they say they do. Managers are usually in positions they are not qualified for. Slackers get to stay but if you actually work you get let go. It's a high school mentality.
Pros
Non management employees
Cons
Management, Ceo, HR Dept.
Corporate with small company culture
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 5, 2018
My department is a lot more relaxed than others. I work in credentialing. Our department is so lax because we make goals. Our managment is very dry and straight to the point but onbthe individual bases they make exceptions. The company constantly feeds us. The company encourages fun group activities. We go volunteer work on the clock as well as family and friends day. One of the best companies I've worked for.
Pros
You mange your time, no micro managing, room for growth
Cons
Lax atmosphere gets some in trouble
The people are great to work with & so are the supervisors.
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 2, 2018
everyone there went out of their way to be helpful. the supervisors would let you know if you made an error but in a friendly way. there is a culture at matrix of sharing credit.
Pros
Everyone helps you
Cons
short breaks
Ever Changing
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 24, 2018
Fast paced contact center that has grown into something wonderful, and continues to grow. Entry level member relations associates can expect to dial outbound during their entire shift with assigned breaks and lunches. Opportunity for advancement for those that demonstrate skill, a positive attitude, and good work ethics. Management is innovative, but not always consistent in their methods. It is an absolute requirement to be adaptable to change, as this is a motto Matrix does not take lightly. The culture is family like and though the company is growing, expect management to know you (and your habits) by name. The hardest part of the job is the repetition of continuously calling members. The most enjoyable part of the job is the appreciation, and employee incentives and activities.
Pros
Free lunch, employee appreciation, Employee recognition and activities
Cons
Constant change with lack of clear direction
Stressful and busy.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  ArkansasApril 22, 2018
Needed to finish the day's work at home in the evening to stay abreast of meeting the cutoff time of the day's completion deadline. Better communication needed between management and persons in the field.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Life/work imbalance
Room for great potential, too cut throat with lack of work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 19, 2018
Contact care center: Co-workers (worker bees) were wonderful. They kept the place upbeat. Management on the other hand lacked. Too much favortism and “secrets” kept from the worker bees. Many people leaving the department and sadly, you could see why. New management structure was not helpful. There isn’t much for an RN in the contact care center. You’ll end up calling for fax numbers or making appointments for Mbrs. Not a whole lot of nursing going on. Inbound calls were few in between, so a lot of lag time. Mornings were busy but by 11:30-12pm and on you say there looking for work to do. No case management, no room for advancement and your goals and dreams MUST a line with theirs or you aren’t a good fit. If you want to get out of Nursing and focus on business, then they are for you.
Pros
Co-workers awesome! Day hours, Mon - Fri
Cons
A lot of downtime, minimal (if any) nursing involvement, lack of appreciation
Overall a good company for the service they offer.
Clinical Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 28, 2018
Very fast paced environment, always super busy, and you must be able to multi task. Create and optimize routes for clinicians. Hardest part is routes are forever changing and you rarely leave on time. Nicest part is talking to some of the members and knowing we offer a beneficial service to them.
Pros
Very nice environment for a "call center"
Cons
Rarely get out on time and not enough pay for responsibilities.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 21, 2018
Nice place to work --very fast paced and you must keep up with metrics. Can at times be very demanding. Management is lacking however and a lot of wasted time.
Has the potential to be a great company but is not there yet.
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 15, 2018
Great company, they just to to find some true leaders to put them back on course. There is not a set career path so it is hard to work towards the next level since there really isnt one. New postions are being created everyday but rather than doing inter promotions they often look for outside help, which is all good and well but it is also very discouraging to the faithful employee that has no where to go.
Pros
Free lunches often, great work life balance, flexible hours
Cons
Management, lack of advancment opportunities
Care Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 14, 2018
I would recommend working here. Lots of opportunity for growth. I am in process of relocating to Tucson and wish I could take my job with me. Great compensation and benefits.
No more kool aid for me
Unappreciated (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 12, 2018
I worked at Matrix for around 2 years. Really excited to be there and make an impact. Found out like others have said that executives marginalize you pretty quick and the speeches about wanting to hear improvement and be part of the solution was far from the truth. Being honest and looking for ways to better the company only causes you to be labeled as not a team player and constantly have HR harass you. They are absent A LOT from the office but when they are there they are like blood hounds driving the ones who want to make the company better out. Really a shame. Saw them buy and drive into the ground Ascender and now they have bought two more companies that they totally mismanaged and now the loyal employees are getting no bonuses, forces to take PTO at the end of the year to pay for the acquisitions, no holiday parties, no holiday card, no thank yous, nothing. It is completely dead inside and no one trusts anyone. Zombies working from 8 to 5 and looking for new jobs during off hours.
Pros
lots of parking
Cons
mismanagement, inept, uncaring, cheap, clueless
Good
Quality Specialist, Credentialing (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 8, 2018
It was a good job. I was working in the credentialing department. I thought it was ran pretty well. A lot of people left throughout the course but it was an over all good experience.
Nurse practitioner
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLJanuary 16, 2018
Excellent company to work for if you are seeking part-time work. You can make your own schedule and management/IT/scheduling are very accommodating. This organization is extremely organized.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Matrix Medical Network. Our community is ready to answer.