Matrix Medical Network
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Matrix Medical Network Employee Reviews

United States380 reviews
I’ve worked for 2 home assessment companies as an NP. Of the two, Matrix had more members to see and a lower no-show rate. Those are the main positives.

Now for the negatives. Matrix lowered its home assessments pay rate the week I started (after signing on at a higher rate) and then paid deploringly low rates for telehealth visits implemented during COVID. Also, and perhaps most disturbingly, they provided NO PPE or hand sanitizer while continuing to send its NP’s out into people’s homes during the initial COVID surge. They attempted to make amends by sending an annoying number of emails calling us “heroes.” It was pretty insulting and upsetting, not just for us NP’s, but for the many vulnerable patients we see. But ultimately, the worst part of this job was the notes. The EMR they use is incredibly cumbersome. They provide us with a tablet, which is much less user-friendly for this type of documentation than a laptop. And they will ding you for every imperfection in documentation, which ultimately affects your rating as an employee. I found myself spending hours on reworks after having never been asked to rework a single note at my other home assessments company. They do this so that they can bill the maximum amount per assessment, I gather. My manager was very friendly and made herself available; but at the end of the day, she couldn’t make up for an overall frustrating experience. The amount of work and stress of perfecting documentation on an unreasonable EMR system was completely not worth it for the low pay. Look elsewhere.
Pros
Nice manager, decent number of patients to see
Cons
No PPE/supplies, pay, charting, reworking of charting
No one seems to stay at the company. In the analytics team, we've had about 8 people leave over the past ten months.

Overall, the leadership is difficult to work with.
Management was a tight knit group. It was difficult to develop under certain departments. Lack of communication resulted in poor results in which the team, not management, was to blame.
On the surface it appears like a good place to work. Once you get down to it everything is guided by stats. You may be fortunate and get good support for you maybe unfortunate and get very little or no support. You do it to pay the consequences of having poor support including lack of promotion options
This company is horrible. They will underpay you. At first I was told $125.00 per visit for a flex position and then it came down to $107.00 because they are using the money for a new computer system which they claimed it will take less time for the provider to document thus more visits. The computer system is JOKE! No support from IT, this lousy Samsung tablet keeps crashing and computer system is very hard to maneuver even if I consider myself good with technology. I was told "the money for the computer system must come from somewhere", well I think it shouldn't be from the provider's pay! Then because of the COVID they are switching all the flex position to per diem which they will pay $65.00 for a telehealth visit, I live in NJ where expenses are high. I would be making way more money as an RN. This company does not care about anything other than making money. Zero care given to the providers. Extremely disorganized. No manager support. Horrible experience. Do not waste your time. I rather be unemployed than working here.
Pros
Flexibility with hours
Cons
Too many to mention
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Everyone is on drugs there. The call center smelled like weed everyday. They always have girls who want to fight. Its ghetto. And very unprofessional. They never listen to you when you complain they just threaten to fire you.
Pros
Cons
Drug addicts
When I first started here I felt like I was important and worth something. That has now changed and I’m constantly stressed out! They don’t pay people enough for the jobs they do.
This is an ok place to work decent pay can be a fun environment.
I have meet life long friends there.

The company really generous with supplying lunches and treats.
I actually get excited to come to work. Matrix has many job opportunities & they are very flexible with great pay. I love that I am a part of a team that is making a difference. The morale at this company high. I would say beware of managers that show favoritism to workers, they give them first dibs at assignments/sites.
Great place to work ! Always having a good time and they truly care about their employees. They have us still working and making sure our family's are taken care of.
I have worked here for almost two years and notice a significant improvement in the culture and employee commitment. The entire HR department is new and the C-level leadership is very supportive and forward-thinking. At a time when other companies are laying off people, Matrix is thriving and I am grateful for the work that we do to support our members and the communities.
Provides continue training and support. Manager always available. Company's goal is to provide patient quality of care. Great positive environment. New telehealth visits give providers ability to work from home.
Not adequate training in tasks typically a part of the PT,OT or Orthopedic specialists....measuring with a goniometer. This is 98% of the compensation and pension examinations needing assessment. Very repetitive .
compensation for NPs had been decreased 2x in the 9 years I have been with this company. They seem more focused on the upper level executives then the NPs who are the actual money makers for the company. Other downside is having many visits in high crime/unsafe areas. They did just hire a new safety director who actually seems to care about the well being on the providers in the field.
Good Company and good leadership. Enjoyed nature of work. Compensation was as described. I was able to work a flexible schedule with a work load generally as I requested.
Their only concern is for their profit. Overworked, underpaid. They tell employees to do what is best for the companies bottom line but they do nothing to benefit the employees. Stay clear of this company!!
Sustainability
flexible working hours

Family-friendly

Customer satisfaction

Team work

reliable

good managerial support

good technological support
Driving to SNF or member/patient's home. My manger is available 24/7 to answer any question or to attend to any need. The hardest part is noisy animals or cigarette smoke in homes. The best part is finding gaps in care and helping the member/patient's health.
Typical work day is going to patients home and help them to manage their health, educate them and make sure they are safe at home. Reports go to their insurance company.
In home community health visit too unwieldy.. there is no way you can finish in 50 minutes with visit given complexity of members and increasing testing being asked to be done..
Members are grateful and very nice usually but there are times where by you do not always feel safe.. this is not always evident pulling up to a home but becomes evident as you do interview/assessment..
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Driving distances and hours finishing documentation after home
Matrix was a great company in the beginning, treated FNPs with respect, but it became big business and forgot its nurse practitioners pay cuts, while hiring more and more vice presidents with huge salaries and benefits while cheating FNPs out of pay managers were good but trouble was with upper management forces to change charting to meet guidelines even if it wasnt your observations observation
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Matrix Medical Network. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4