Matt Talbot Recovery Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Joke of a job!!!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 1, 2018
Where do I begin? This company favors other employees over the ones who really work, you are forced to be burnt out and be over worked. Management does not listen to employees about anything of importance. Some employees are pretty much an extra set of legs for the program coordinator seeing how they get away with everything and others get reprimanded like children. There is always rules changing, and an abundance of inconsistencies. There is always y’all if employees being a team but this is the most broken down team a person can have to support them or back them up. Corporate offices are also a joke because either they really don’t know l, or don’t care about what goes in the facilities, but hey why should they? It’s not them that have too work in facilities where all the bs happens. People can get away with not showing up for shifts, talk to clients in the most reckless ways and it’s ok! This place makes you feel as if you are one of the residents. Other than it being a job- which BTW does not pay well at all it wouldn’t be so bad if they could get this mess in order.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Bad management, bad pay, succubus employyes
This company’s management is going downhill fast
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 19, 2018
I just resigned after 3 years because the increasingly poor management, especially over the last year due to lots of turnover, and the lack of care by the company for their patients. Managers are so hard to get ahold of even in emergencies! Corporate staff only talk to those they have personal relationships with and the owner is quick to lose temper over requests for training so we can do our jobs yelling the company can’t afford it and that we are losing money. All our lead did was ask for CPR recertificatiom for medical staff. Sounds like a management issue to me even though maintenance guys who are chummy with corporate would come around and not do anything for days just horseplay and brag about the tools at home they got from the company. The HR has gotten so bad since the head director left if you can even get ahold of them and they never know the answer to anything even when they mess up your pay which happens all the time. Such a shame because it used to be way better and focused on patient care but now the mission seems to be to run things at lowest cost, short staffed, and unappreciative of employees hard work.
Pros
Low supervision, overtime always available, working with government agents
Cons
Absent management, no benefits, lack of communication
Clients
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJuly 15, 2018
It is a very interesting place to work at. One starts to develop good friendly relationships with the clients and begin to learn more about them and their lives and how they got to this point that they are at right now.
productive fun with pool tables and work out machines
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 21, 2018
They could be more organized when it comes to the facilities and hr departments. Overall i rated them as a company and for what i have learned within the facilities.
Laid back, low pressure, no guidance, no training, low pay.
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 11, 2018
If you are looking for a few bucks here and there without guidance or supervision then its a great place to work. Asked about personnel policies or an employee handbook - apparently doesnt exist. What few policies and procedures provided were either written by a grade schooler or "borrowed" from another non-applicable operation. Obviously a company that won many contracts from the state for transitional living centers by underbidding which is passed on to the employees in low wages, zero benefits. Not much services provided except roof and bed for residents. They state procedures to follow but dont provide the procedures yet they want a signed receipt for receiving the same. It is an organization doing the absolute minimum on state contracts while the money gained stays at the top at the expense of the clients and employees. Fly by night and take the money and run come to mind describing genesis behavioral services.
Pros
very flexible hours
Cons
low pay, no management, no company structure
Nightmare
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WIJanuary 31, 2018
I have never seen anything like this in my 8 years of working in healthcare. There is no structure. Clients run the facility and management is horrible. Way too many personal relationships especially in corporate. friendship and work do not mix. There is no room for growth and on top of that you work and put your blood sweat and tears only to become unnoticed and unappreciated. They do not give raises and when you put in a two weeks they will make sure they find out to scam you out of your money by any means necessary. The owner is blind to what goes on and have no interest in finding out whats going on. Run as fast as you can.
Pros
free lunches paid holiday
Cons
micro managed uneducated managers no room for growth no raises
Overall my experience at Matt Talbot was beneficially.
Human Service Technician/Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 16, 2017
I really learned a lot working at Matt Talbot. I started as an Intern in the Substance Abuse field. I learned to do Intakes, Treatment Plans, Individual and Group Notes, conduct Individual and Group counselling session. I got certified to pass medications, perform drug screen.
Pros
I were given the opportunity to learn
Cons
Insurance was high
Poor management/unsafe working conditions
RN (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 2, 2017
Chronically low staffing. Unsafe working environment. Most shifts, one RN cares for 20+ patients. RN responsible to answer phone, intake, assessments, admissions, discharges, triage. Terrible management. No communication from superiors. Long hours. NO support. No benefits, even for full-time. Pay is poor.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
You could loose your license working here
Matt talbot
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 15, 2017
Frustrating at times, but i don't show it cause of unprofessionalism. most of the time there not organized. I have learned that not everyone cares for others in difficult situations, Management is ok, but at times pick and chooses. The work place is ok as well. Could be more cleaner. There is no hard part about this job. This is like the easiest one i have every had. The most enjoyable part is bonding with the clients.
good for a part time job
Correctional Re-entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 11, 2017
its ok if you already have a job. You put your life at risk everyday and you get nothing but pay cuts and people who can careless if you actually use your check to survive.
Pros
There is not a supervisor breathing down your
Cons
Horrible at giving out raises
Fantastic Criminal Justice Job
Correctional reentry specialist (Current Employee) –  Southern WisconsinMay 12, 2017
This company is great to work for if you are looking for part time employment. I am a Correctional Reentry Specialist and have been with the company for about 7 months. There have been some management changes for the better since then. This company is friendly towards their employees and attempts to give the best reentry process for their patients. I highly recommend this job for anyone that is looking to go into community corrections.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly staff, easy workload, decent pay, resume builder
Very professional work place.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 1, 2016
I love that this is a teamwork place. It plays a big role when its a big company and when i say the wages are great. Its some stuff that probably can be better but for now its all right.
Pros
You eat out every friday with clients
Cons
there should be sleeping hours for the third shifters that has other jobs and school
Great place to work. Great experience and credentials gained
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 31, 2016
Arrive and settle in. Establish one-on-one contact. Assist contact with daily needs, meds, etc. Chart contact behavior and routine for the day.
Productive when it comes to helping others
Human Service Technician (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIJune 15, 2016
The most enjoyable part about the job is I get to help people with their recovery and help them solve situations that might seems hard to solve on their own.
Dedication
Direct Supervision Escort - Dane County Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 9, 2014
MTRC is dedicated in promoting respect, dignity and program success for all client's. Management prides itself on working together in order to promote the core mission and values of the program.
The work place is getting better as they go along
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 17, 2013
My typical day at work is fast-paced and hectic. I must be able to multi-task effectively and efficiently. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with everything that needs to be done in the time it should be done. The most enjoyable part of my day is looking back and seeing I was able to accomplish everything that needed to be done.
Pros
Flexible Supervisor who's willing to jump right end and help me.
Cons
No Health benefits