Mattamy Homes Employee Reviews

unstable senior management
Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Management is very unstable and terminated on a regular basis. In less than a year div president and most senior US management replaced making and long term personal goals very difficult. Local management definitely has difficulties with favoritism.
Pros
strong product
Cons
poor management and difficulty delivering product afyer sale
Competitive work environment where managers help you be the best you can be at your job
Land Acquisition and Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa-SarasotaSeptember 6, 2018
Great leadership allows for the growth of individuals who work underneath them. Although the workplace is a competitive environment, you all work as a team in collaboration to drive the success of the company as a whole.
Stress, anxiety, and utter frustration
Slave #13 (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 5, 2018
New guy beware! You will receive very little training, plus you will be overwhelmed from the start. That's the good part, it gets worse, if you survive the first several months. You will soon be spending most of your waking hours working. An average of 70 hours week is typical. Don't worry though, it's salaried so if things get slow,(never) you're covered.
Pros
That part of the day late afternoon every Friday.
Cons
Numerous
Mattamy
Warranty Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 27, 2018
Mattamy is a really good company to work for. They treat all their employees with respect and i enjoy working here. Everyone has a strong work ethic and is very organized
stress filled beyond the typical stress of building
Senior Builder (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 26, 2017
management constantly lied to field employees about bonus which led to the lowest morale of field workers I've ever seen. people were great but they are trying to hit numbers with unmotivated builders who don't get proper training. they bring in green builders and throw 30 homes at them which put that much more on my plate when you have to train 4-9 people with no experience in the industry and still close 40-80 homes a month. the last fiscal quarter I closed 88 homes with 9 supers combing 6 years of field experience. they make you think promotions are great but they don't set you up to win.
Pros
good people
Cons
building without power or DEP clearance.
Great company but was the beginning of '08 economic crisis.
VP Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 1, 2017
I managed sales and marketing for both Charlotte and Greensboro as we entered what turned out to be a huge economic crisis for the US. Yet we met our sales goals every month I was there.
Best for self motivated people who are on career track for numbers
Intern (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 26, 2017
Accounting, supply chain management, career tracts that deal with numbers are the ideal people for this internship. It gets slow in the office often, so have good discipline and self motivation to stay on task. The work is interesting, but can become systemic quickly.
Pros
Fun People, interesting work
Cons
It is slow most of the time, self discipline and energy is a MUST.
Poor leadership
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 3, 2017
Great privately owned company that simply has extremely poor management in the Charlotte division. Many talented professionals have been driven away. Sad.
Pros
Fair pay/benefits
Cons
Lack of leadership
They don't seem to want to get better at what they do
Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2017
Not horrible to work there, but local management is weak. Not just poor decision making, but no decision making. Just leave it the way it is and it might go away. I want to do better every day, but they seem afraid to do what it takes. Long cycle times, but not the desired results. Survey scores are low and that greatly impacts bonus payouts.
Pros
Lots of vacation time
Cons
Too hard to take vacations
Great internship
Construction Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLAugust 13, 2017
I enjoyed my internship and the people I worked with. My mentors took the time to teach me what they know. They provided me with a great opportunity to help propel my career.
Rewarding place to work
New Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 28, 2017
Mattamy Minneapolis was an excellent place to work. Great benefits and your salary was based on your performance so the sky was the limit. I found being a trusted advisor to families building their dream homes to be very rewarding.
Pros
competitive salary, good benefits
Cons
working weekends
Management team lacks experience, leadership and basic personable skills.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2017
The trend for Mattamy in the U.S. division seems to be hiring leadership without much experience or personable skills. Field teams are left without direction, support and communication from department heads. Extreme disregard for life/work balance from Division President/US Division President towards their managers. Managers locally lack experience and personable skills. They're out of touch with their team.
Pros
Support team is great. Their work ethic is bar none
Cons
Management team lacks experience, leadership skills and out of touch with the teams needs, Work long hours every week 60+, No Work/Life balance
Very negative place to work
Builder (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2017
More interested in the bottom line than the employees welfare. Bullying of Trades and employees allowed. No respect for experience. My way or the highway attitude. Managers play favorites.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
work environment very negative, abusive management
No a good place to work
New Home Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2017
Sales Director - will embarrass you in front of potential clients he maybe bio polar. Has he does this with most sales reps.
When there is a problem and you take to HR - They will rather not listen to you becasue Upper Management ran the show
Pros
Terrible upper management
Cons
HR is not on your side when there is a problem
Lack of knowledge and direction
Builder/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 13, 2016
overall a good start to my career but the lack of upper management direction led to a downfall in confidence of the company and its future. Which then led to my inability to properly do my job and salvage the failure set up
Great place to work!
Construction Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 5, 2016
I worked at Mattamy as a Intern for the construction department and learned a lot from all their employees. New to Tampa area home building but the team was determined with plenty of homebuilding knowledge!
N/a
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2016
Management in Accounting department needs to be improved. They need to understand the change of work culture, which is moving towards more collaboration.
Good Company
Builder Superintendent (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 12, 2015
Good company to work for, good office team. A company that wants to teach their workers the business in every way they can.
Productive and a fun place to work
Customer Care/Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 5, 2015
: Implemented, oversaw and preformed all functions to successfully deliver a new home from Purchase Agreement to closing. I was the main contact for all customers, subcontractors, agents, appraisers, title closers, and, lenders for over 100 closings a year. This position also generated change orders, obtained bids from vendors, created purchase orders, reconciled job costs and efficiently managed customer expectations for the following 30 days after closing. This position helped implement NRS, a National Survey Company, to continuously drive customers satisfaction scores up.
Making a Productive day.
Builder Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 7, 2014
Going to work everyday is something I look forward in doing, being a productive individual for the my Team and Company. Always looking forward in taking a page from one or more of the company leaders, or co-workers, never viewing life as if I have hit the pinnacle of life, but always seeking an opportunity to learn something new. Managing is the best part of business, it consist of a good relationship with all co-workers and departments, so their isn't any hard parts of the job, but to maintain a good flow of business, always seeking a stronger profit and promoting itself to higher levels. The most enjoyable part of any business is closing its books out at the end of every year, on a productive and successful level. And with that being said, Companies much never rush the production of there homes, it kills the quality of the home, and that what Mattamy is doing. Management don't work well with there Team. But it's a Good Company!
Pros
Maintain an enthusiastic attitude.
Cons
Refuse to entertain negative attitudes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mattamy Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about