Mattamy Homes Employee Reviews

Office Manager/Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for Mattamy Homes. There was opportunity for advancement and the work/life balance is was excellent. Education and cross training was available.
Pros
Good peolpe to work with
Cons
None.
Stay Away!!
New Home Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 19, 2018
Little to no communication/feedback from management. The Sales people you work with will sabotage you, if you don't watch your back. Management has no loyalty to the people they hire. Don't trust them!
Cons
No job security. Management lies, co-workers conspire
Productive work place
Purchasing Coordinator/Purchasing Estimator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2018
I learned everything on my own, from reading plans, to measurements.
The most enjoyable at work that it was always busy, no down time, some coworkers were great.
Pros
Vacation free for 2 weeks
Cons
Difficult to provide exceptional customer service with no assistance on issues!
New Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 30, 2018
*To many lose ends makes for poor customer satisfaction!!!
*Do not over promise evidently you will end up under delivering.
*No cohesiveness among MTG..
Loved working for Mattamy
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 25, 2018
I loved my time at Mattamy, although they are stronger in some cities than others. My time in Orlando was wonderful. Great diversity of people, all friendly and driven.
unstable senior management
Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Management is very unstable and terminated on a regular basis. In less than a year div president and most senior US management replaced making and long term personal goals very difficult. Local management definitely has difficulties with favoritism.
Pros
strong product
Cons
poor management and difficulty delivering product afyer sale
Competitive work environment where managers help you be the best you can be at your job
Land Acquisition and Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa-SarasotaSeptember 6, 2018
Great leadership allows for the growth of individuals who work underneath them. Although the workplace is a competitive environment, you all work as a team in collaboration to drive the success of the company as a whole.
Stress, anxiety, and utter frustration
Slave #13 (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 5, 2018
New guy beware! You will receive very little training, plus you will be overwhelmed from the start. That's the good part, it gets worse, if you survive the first several months. You will soon be spending most of your waking hours working. An average of 70 hours week is typical. Don't worry though, it's salaried so if things get slow,(never) you're covered.
Pros
That part of the day late afternoon every Friday.
Cons
Numerous
Mattamy
Warranty Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 27, 2018
Mattamy is a really good company to work for. They treat all their employees with respect and i enjoy working here. Everyone has a strong work ethic and is very organized
stress filled beyond the typical stress of building
Senior Builder (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 26, 2017
management constantly lied to field employees about bonus which led to the lowest morale of field workers I've ever seen. people were great but they are trying to hit numbers with unmotivated builders who don't get proper training. they bring in green builders and throw 30 homes at them which put that much more on my plate when you have to train 4-9 people with no experience in the industry and still close 40-80 homes a month. the last fiscal quarter I closed 88 homes with 9 supers combing 6 years of field experience. they make you think promotions are great but they don't set you up to win.
Pros
good people
Cons
building without power or DEP clearance.
Great company but was the beginning of '08 economic crisis.
VP Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 1, 2017
I managed sales and marketing for both Charlotte and Greensboro as we entered what turned out to be a huge economic crisis for the US. Yet we met our sales goals every month I was there.
Best for self motivated people who are on career track for numbers
Intern (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 26, 2017
Accounting, supply chain management, career tracts that deal with numbers are the ideal people for this internship. It gets slow in the office often, so have good discipline and self motivation to stay on task. The work is interesting, but can become systemic quickly.
Pros
Fun People, interesting work
Cons
It is slow most of the time, self discipline and energy is a MUST.
Poor leadership
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 3, 2017
Great privately owned company that simply has extremely poor management in the Charlotte division. Many talented professionals have been driven away. Sad.
Pros
Fair pay/benefits
Cons
Lack of leadership
They don't seem to want to get better at what they do
Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2017
Not horrible to work there, but local management is weak. Not just poor decision making, but no decision making. Just leave it the way it is and it might go away. I want to do better every day, but they seem afraid to do what it takes. Long cycle times, but not the desired results. Survey scores are low and that greatly impacts bonus payouts.
Pros
Lots of vacation time
Cons
Too hard to take vacations
Great internship
Construction Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLAugust 13, 2017
I enjoyed my internship and the people I worked with. My mentors took the time to teach me what they know. They provided me with a great opportunity to help propel my career.
Rewarding place to work
New Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 28, 2017
Mattamy Minneapolis was an excellent place to work. Great benefits and your salary was based on your performance so the sky was the limit. I found being a trusted advisor to families building their dream homes to be very rewarding.
Pros
competitive salary, good benefits
Cons
working weekends
Management team lacks experience, leadership and basic personable skills.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2017
The trend for Mattamy in the U.S. division seems to be hiring leadership without much experience or personable skills. Field teams are left without direction, support and communication from department heads. Extreme disregard for life/work balance from Division President/US Division President towards their managers. Managers locally lack experience and personable skills. They're out of touch with their team.
Pros
Support team is great. Their work ethic is bar none
Cons
Management team lacks experience, leadership skills and out of touch with the teams needs, Work long hours every week 60+, No Work/Life balance
Very negative place to work
Builder (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2017
More interested in the bottom line than the employees welfare. Bullying of Trades and employees allowed. No respect for experience. My way or the highway attitude. Managers play favorites.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
work environment very negative, abusive management
No a good place to work
New Home Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2017
Sales Director - will embarrass you in front of potential clients he maybe bio polar. Has he does this with most sales reps.
When there is a problem and you take to HR - They will rather not listen to you becasue Upper Management ran the show
Pros
Terrible upper management
Cons
HR is not on your side when there is a problem
Lack of knowledge and direction
Builder/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 13, 2016
overall a good start to my career but the lack of upper management direction led to a downfall in confidence of the company and its future. Which then led to my inability to properly do my job and salvage the failure set up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mattamy Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about