Mattel, Inc. Employee Reviews

Security
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 7, 2018
I looked forward to going to work. Even though it was face paced and sometimes stressful, the environment was still pleasant. It was a good team work environment.
Busy but fulfilling
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 6, 2018
Busy but fulfilling. Lots of mentors to learn from plenty of creative people to share ideas with. Flexible hours and benefits are great. Half day Fridays can't be beat!
Fun place to work!
Toy Store Associate/ Charity Sales (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 4, 2018
Mattel is an amazing place to wok. Management really makes it and enjoyable experience. Store open at 10am and closes at 6pm you're normally out by 630pm. The holidays and the customers make the days fly by.. Charity program is the best!!
Pros
employee discount
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 1, 2018
Mattel used to be used to be an ideal place to work however it has fallen upon hard times and is being restructured. It's currently not a secure place.
Pros
Paid time of, half day Fridays
Cons
Workload can be heavy
Best Job Ever
Retail Service Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 24, 2018
This was the most fun job I ever had. It was seasonal and I worked for Mattel for 3 years before moving out of state. Had I remained in
AZ I would have continued working for Mattel for as long as they wanted me. The team I worked with had a lot of fun while getting the job done in a timely manner. It was also fun talking to customers about the different products that Mattel and Fisher Price have.
Great Place To Work
Producer/Voice Director/Composer/Sound Designer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 13, 2018
As long as you don't mind the wrong people making all the decisions, but love your job it's a great place. The design people are fantastic and the design center is a really fun, creative place to work.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Always afraid you're going to lose your job, then you do.
Overall an okay company.
Asset Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 11, 2018
I would still be there if the company had not eliminated my whole department throughout the country. Overall a OK company to work for. Good Benefits and good co workers.
Pros
good benefits and I loved the people i worked with
Cons
no set schedule and some of the mngt. staff was not very good.
Creativity is the key
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 8, 2018
Very hands on type work, always moving to create and have ideas to offer on the table. Team oriented, working together type company. A very busy company.
Great people to work with
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 6, 2018
For nearly nine years I worked with the greatest group of people I could ever ask to work with. I will miss seeing them on a daily basis. Half day Fridays are a great perk to have.
Pros
Half day Fridays
Great environment created by coworkers positive environment is quelled by management
Toy Store Associate (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CA 90245July 16, 2018
Overall great experience working there and would give A+ rating and recommend anybody work there if not for the toxic environment created by poor management. Oftentimes there were promises of wage increases and role advancement but those promises never came to fruition.
Pros
Great coworkers, company tries to do fun employee activities, great company discount
Cons
Poor management, toxic environment in some departments
Unfair
Unloader/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 13, 2018
Don't let you reach incentive by make unrealistic goals so that you cant make the percentage and get a raise. Also even tho you get 3 breaks it doeant add up to an hours worth.
Pros
Schedual
Cons
Unfair pay and hot
Low stress job if you like working weekends
Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 7, 2018
Mattel benefit package is amazing. The job was repetitive and no possibility for promotion. Loved my coworkers we were like a family. You never knew from one week to the next the hours you would be working and very rarely two days off in a row and never weekends off
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low pay, terrible work schedule and work hours
overall it’s decent all around
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2018
You will be standing 100% of the time unless you’re on break, talking with the coworkers will make work fun and time go by pretty fast. You also get a discount of toys at the store next to the warehouse.
Pros
Free Gatorade while you work.
Struggling company
Sr. Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 5, 2018
Mattel is financially struggling, its a tough environment to work in. everyone is on edge waiting for the next round of layoffs. tensions are high and management is very "old school" in the "ivory tower"
Good place for Intership
Digital Design Intern (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 29, 2018
I got my internship at Mattel. It was fun and I got my first job here after my internship ended. It offers paid internship and sometime you can get free food for attending some of the meeting during your internship.
Great company and co-workers.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 22, 2018
Great company to work for. Advancement opportunities and great leadership.Had the chance to work with the best employees ever. I learned a lot from all of them.
Good work environment
Category Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 14, 2018
Worked with great colleagues - smart, driven, and energetic. Very results driven, but not too stressful. However, once revenue goals were missed, environment grew stressful due to impending layoffs.
Pros
Southbay location, cafeteria, parking, products
Cons
continuous worry of layoffs
Unique retail environment. Excellent management staff, excellent benefits and work/life balance.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmot, WIJune 1, 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Mattel. The hardest part of this job has been consoling my team and our customers about the store's closing. The most enjoyable aspect to being a Mattel company has been the freedom this unique retail environment provided. There were no plano-grams, we were free to merchandise using common sense and creativity. The work life balance was unlike anything I had ever experienced in retail before. The hours of operation allowed for family time and the benefits were outstanding. Being the only Manager on duty during customer facing hours every day really taught me how to "captain my own ship". My time spent at Mattel has been extremely rewarding.
Pros
Work/Life balance, pay, benefits
Cons
Store closing
Productive and faced pace
Team Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 29, 2018
You learn how to be a team player and work along side with many other people to get the job done.The hardest part of the job for me was the hours because I went to school also full time.
Pros
Good work enviriment
Cons
Standing on your feet for 11 hours
fun work enviroment
Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2018
its a very nice place with good people and a great environment for first time workers. The people are attentive and care about their employees. They're respectful and caring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mattel, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss