Mattel, Inc.
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

Mattel, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States511 reviews

toyfridaycreativehalfseasonalproductbrandlayoff

Clean and maintained work environment

Typical shifts involve lots of customer service, moving of merchandise, within the store. I also ship and receive packages. I assist in the visual display and merchandising duties, I perform light maintenance duties. I participate in store resets and "new product" launches. Management for the most part is very responsive and available. There are very few "benefited-regular time" positions in the store; they are quite hard to come by.

Pros

No one is confined to one set of tasks. There is always variety.

Cons

As with all "retail jobs", co workers may/ may not show up for work on any given day

good

Good place to work a lot of things to do. very fast paced during the holidays, but coworkers make it fun. super busy but never bored. Good pay if your starting out

Mattel, Inc. insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

What is the best part of working at the company?Benefits, time off, no pressure What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No pressure What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very low stress

Flexible and Goal-Oriented Workplace

A great company and position to improve time management skills and get to come into contact with customers. Compensation was good, I was expected to work each day M-F and some Saturdays until the job was done. My boss was great at organizing which stores we would go to each day to reach the targets for the week and we would even carpool. Be sure to track mileage to get compensated for the lots of driving time.

Fun workplace - floor managment could've been better.

I enjoyed working at American Girl as a retail associate. My co workers were easy to get along with. My only problem was with the two floor managers. They were crude and I did not like how they ran things. Very little patience with newbies and very low tolerance for anything they deemed irritating - even customers.

Not a steady job

Lots of eople come and go here, probably because of the unnecessarily strict rules, You touch, rub or bump a pole or another forklift, with your Clamp, you're OUT! technically. So if you totally wreck something they'll probably SHOT YOU! lol Seek something else for real.

Pros

Pay, Location, Parking

Cons

Subpar training, 10hrs shift, Bad environment

Dull job with poor managment.

Management is vindictive and discriminatory. They do not promote, no benefits. They do not care about lower level workers because they can afford to lose and rehire us. Don't work for this soulless company.

Great pay as a freelancer...

Great pay as a freelancer...but there is no job security and never full-time hours. The best part is the work is fully remote and you can have a flexible schedule. Then again you don't have any benefits (since it is freelance work). You are not an employee and very disposable.

Pros

pay and flexible schedule

Cons

no job security

It is a productive place to work

I've found Mattel a very good place to work I just love it. My co workers were wonderful people my supervisor was the best. I worked well with my co -workers everyone got along with one another it wasn't

I love waking at mattel toy factory

Working at mattel toy factory it's a working averment the worker's are so respectful they all love working together as a team working for mattel I love waking there I love the experience been there

Mala

Son demaciado extrictos y pagan muy poco, si van aver tan extrictos deverian de pagar mas

Pretty chill job in my department, company is fun.

The company is a fun place to be. I have roots here so it's a very personal place. My department needs work but overall awesome. Hybrid work schedule for most employees. Security is here 24/7 and other departments choose to work on site but the majority you can work it out with your manager.

Pros

Free parking, free coffee

Cons

Depends on the department

It’s a good job and decent pay

I made good relationships working here and it’s honestly a simple job to do and it is fun. But it does get repetitive over time and it can get stressful when it’s understaffed

What is the best part of working at the company?Seeing all of the excited kids amazed by the decked out storeWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The horrible management & large crowds attracted by holidays and city wide eventsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very Toxic What is a typical day like for you at the company?Depressing

Ambiente hostil

Trabajo hostil, donde tratan como es clavo a las personas

It was hot and under paid

You work 10 hours its hot or cold they work the heck out of you and the only place to either be cool or warm is the restroom but that was years ago don't know about now but good luck

Working at Mattel--meh!

The place is top heavy with managment and managers for managers and so on and so forth. The company used to be completely opposite and filled with creative types--and this was the sucessful days of Mattel... not so anymore. Being a creative at Mattel--you are edited, spindled and mutliated by scores of managers who couldn't create their way out of a paper bag. This is why the company is declining.

Pros

Good benifits

Cons

Constant pressure from lackey managers

Slow but decent work

Forces you to walk around the store with toys in your hands trying to push people to buy things. Lots of micromanaging. Cuts hours if you don't sell enough.

Lousy hiring manager

"While your skills and background are impressive, we have decided to move forward with a successful candidate." This is the first sentence in the email I received informing me I did not get the job. How insulting. With hiring managers like this, is it any wonder millions of Americans are choosing to leave the workforce and become part of "The Great Resignation"?

Enjoyable

Love seasonal job. Work doing Christmas flexible, yearly pay raise. WISH IT WAS PERMANENT pay could have been better. I mostly work in Walmart and Target stores.

Pros

Flexible. Get pay yearly

Cons

Seasonal

Great work experience. Always felt like I was appreciated and respected.

Was great assisting customer on all levels. Management always made you feel like you were part of a team even though you worked remotely. No question was a dumb question. Wished the opportunity was full time instead of seasonal.

Pros

Got recognition for job well done.

Cons

Only seasonal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mattel, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight