Matthews Book Company Employee Review

View all Matthews Book Company reviews

Likable co-workers, convenient hours and location
Distribution (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMarch 3, 2015
A typical day at work I will fill out orders, prioritizing the most important ones. I learned how to scan barcodes and look up orders and see where a certain order was scanned to. I learned how to ship orders out and how to correctly pack them.
Management was slacking slightly, but over all wasnt terrible. Co-workers we wonderful and always willing to help when needed.
Hardest part of the job was no air conditioning in the summer and no heat in the winter.
Most enjoyable part was being around people who really cared about you and the job and were great motivators.

Other Matthews Book Company Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
CATALOGER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2019
Matthews violates OSHA standards and rules in their warehouse. All kinds of workplace discrimination is allowed to happen. The management has "favorites" in the offices.
Your not a employee there, your a number.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 30, 2017
overview- Under paid (advance your skills but get the same hourly pay) , lack of communication, no advancement, unorganized, no initiative motivation and Manage poorly. Worked there for quite some time, never saw a raise but advance my contributions and skills with no reward. To many politic moves, felt like I was being taken advantage of. Employee turnover is abundance. Also felt there was something fishy going on at that company.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Applying there