Mattress 1 One Employee Reviews

Featured review
Mattress 1 One selected this as a representative review
Growing Debt Free Company
Regional Vice President of Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2018
Mattress1One is the largest independant bedding retailer in the nation. They offer popular brands at competitive prices. Culture is important to Mattress1One and they are family owned and operated meaning that they make decisions based on the merit of the decision and not based on appeasing board of directors or lining the pockets of investors. This business formula has kept them debt free and has been the catalyst to their successful growth in the marketplace.

If you are fortunate enough to join the team in any role at any capacity, you will find yourself and your family highly favored and appreciated. Mattress1One puts people first and business second. They offer high quality training and can teach anyone willing how to best service their communities while earning a sizeable income.
Pros
Good Pay, Great People, Hands on management, Active Ownership
You will not be happy
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2019
You will waste your time and go into debt. We saw 5 customers a week! You can expect to get paid hourly at $7.25. I made more money working fastfood.
Daily responsibility.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 27, 2019
Well we need new employees that are trained and do the days work required for the next days sales. There is a lot of paper work that must be filled out daily ( not at the end of the week.
overview
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2019
I enjoy my work environment very much, and feel that this position is an excellent opportunity for me. The other employees are supportive and work well as a team. Management is approachable with a "fix the problem, not the blame" attitude.
Not The Place You Want To Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2019
Have nothing positive to say. This company will take advantage of you any chance they get. Advancement is non-existent. It used to be a store manager position was a good way to earn a living and take pride in your store, now that is no longer the case. You would be better off at a retailer that is paying $10-$15 per hour and has a respected name.
This is a companic that can do great things by improving 'DELIVERING' and the store conditions (lights, roof leak, new carpet)
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 26, 2019
A typical day is relaxed and gets interested when customer walk in the store. I have learn that the best selling tool is to be yourself with an element of patient and not pressure. Since you work most of the time alone The culture of this job is not well perceive. I will say there is little human interaction (email, group me, phone).The hard part of the job is when we fail in the delivery or the communication fail I mean warehouse - Customer service do not pick the phone for us. and the best part of the job are those moment of satisfaction with the customer that complement you for your work and care
Good luck
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 26, 2019
Good luck on getting paid what you earned in a timely manner. It is unfortunate that the company gets away with treating its staff with such utter disrespect.
Good job for part time students and retirees
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 22, 2019
Good job for a part time college student. You have plenty of dead time to study and catch up on reading assignments. Also for retirees who want to keep active and meet people and earn some extra money.
Benefits are very few: No vacation or sick pay. Expensive health insurance. No 401k program.
Nope
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 22, 2019
The job is ok if you are use to sales. Long hours with little reward. 7.25/Hr or commission dont come on slow months. I wouldnt recommend if you are looking to make good money. It is just slow and no reward or feedback on how you are doing they would just get rid of you
Its a Job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2019
This is a good sales job if you need a short term job that gives you freedom to work on other projects like school while making some kind of money. The work life balance is difficult and there are no benefits at all but if your looking for a short term job with somewhat decent pay then this is it.
a
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 22, 2019
I like work for Mattress 1 the only thing I'm not happy is that we don't have benefit ,I like in this business you meet a lot people, learn about mattress and benefit on you dally life we try to do the best costumer service to be ahead of the competition, our DM always answer the phone went we call him and help us out hardest part of the job went you spent 10 hours working and don't see any costumer
Great company to work for.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 22, 2019
I Love helping customer's sleep better and I learn new things everyday about bedding and bedding accessories, Great company to work for, owners and manager,s are very nice and helpful. This job is very easy and only requires you to remember a lot of little things.
Stay away
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2019
The only positive thing is that you work alone....THAT'S IT!! The training sucks and when hired you are not told that you are a floater. So everyday you are at a different store.
Quoting Sir Richard Branson. Your customers are not your most valued asset, your employees are! If they are happy then your customers will be happy.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 21, 2019
Company has strong potential, it must address things internally. Delivery is a major concern. It needs complete overhaul.No thought given to employees with last minute extensions during holidays. No paid vacations. This is a multi million dollar company. growth over the last 15 yrs amazing.With strong growth comes hard decisions of when to put back money into company to keep growing.
Its a job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 18, 2019
I enjoy working for mattress 1. They could pay better but I feel like the commission is good when you hit it. Most people can when they try. it is hard work mentally.
I like working for mattress 1 one.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  HOUSTON, TXJuly 18, 2019
I have been working here on and off for the past 6 and a half years (all but a few months) I enjoy working here very much. Just get very upset when I hear about other employees taking advantage of the company by stealing and not doing their jobs. I actually want this company to succeed. When someone steals from the company, the steal from all of us that are trying to make the company profitable. I do however wish that the salespeople were paid at least making as much on the sale as the State Of Texas. I've made anywhere from 18% to7% selling bedding. If the state can get 8.25% off of the sale in taxes, the salesperson should get close to the same if not a little more. The salesperson is the companies best form of advertising. We need good salespeople, not cashiers!!!!
Working at Mattress One
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 18, 2019
Working at Mattress 1 is a Great place to work a team environment. They all pitch in to help you get up and running ASAP. Great products and company to work for.. would recommend!
Be a people person
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 18, 2019
You get to interact with new and beautiful people(customers) every day, presentation, and first impression is everything in the sales field.To be a good manager you much love what you do in the workplace.The hardest part of the job is making sure the delivery goes smoothly,than the best part happens when the customer thanks you by sending you so customers!!!
my experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2019
Mattress One is a wonderful place to work. The atmosphere is welcoming and almost like you are part of a family. I love coming to work to people who respect one another and are willing to work towards and equal goal. Like any other job there are ups and downs when it comes to certain situations but its always something we can overcome and move past.
Great place to work.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 18, 2019
good money if you work at it. The management team are amazing and willing to work with you to help balance personnel life and work life. company seems to really be making forward motion.
Mattress 1
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 18, 2019
below pay for industry and no benefits from the company.the job easy as long as you don't mind being alone most of the day.there have been times where you have to work 6 or 7 days due to being short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mattress 1 One. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6