MATTRESS KING Employee Reviews

it had a family environment
sales representative and store manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 21, 2019
It was a passion that drove me to do better and helping people sleep better made it easy to sell the product, and when the company would stand behind the product it was even easier to sell, telling people that sleeping is the most important product they will ever use was very easy, and also when we have sales to accommodate the customers needs was even easier to sell
Pros
helping people is the mind set
Cons
competions sometimes had better prices
DM of Mattress king
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 3, 2018
I worked for Mattress King for over 5 years and decided to go back to school. I ran 13 stores and did payroll and spiffs / bonuses for the employees I managed. I was on commision and wanted something more solid and went and got my bachelors degree and they had to let me go as I could not give them the time they needed.
Pros
Work independent, Spiffs, Pay
Cons
Pay commision
Sales , Sales and Sales
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 29, 2018
only in high volume, high traffic stores will you make enough to pay you light bill ... The pay is very inconsistent all depends on how many mattresses you sell in a two week period.
Pros
lots of down time
Cons
no work life balance.. have to work open to close 80% of the time.
nice relaxed atmosphere at the buisness. and freedom of judmement calls on job sites
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVApril 23, 2018
all in all it was a fantastic place to be employed. the manager and owner both were very personable. they really made you feel like you and your opinion mattered there, because it did.
i learned a great deal about how to deal with problem solving in a quick safe and efficient manner. as well as being able to improve my ability to communicate clearly with the owner, manager, coworkers, and customers.
it was a very laid back and easy going place to work which helped to make everyone who worked there more comfortable and reflected onto the relations with the customers at the showroom and store.
the hardest part of the job was having to deal with some of the extreme circumstance to do with the delivery of the customers merchendise as well as with any of which that may have been disgruntled for whatever reason .
i most enjoyed the labor aspects of the work, getting to be personable with the customers and bring a ligitimate sense of joy from delivering and installing something that they have looked foward to that directly improves day to day living. there was also an aspect of getting to go over and beyond job duties to help the customers or just to be neighborly in a sense.
Pros
freedom to work
Cons
its sell mattresses quit making it so difficult
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 21, 2017
Our pay has been cut 3 times since 2016. We have too many corporate mgr who do not benefit the organization. Kim is punishing employees who don't sell tempurpedic.

You will work every holiday except Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas. They announce extended hours with no notice, so you have to adjust your whole family life. If you are not popular with management, they will find bogus reasons to demote you.

We are now charged fines on delivery issues outside of our control.
Pros
employee purchase program is excellent.
Cons
low pay, cuts to bonus, long hours, no social life, verbal abuse from managers
Great company
Sales Associate/ Mgr (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 19, 2017
I took this job back when the recession hit, the company paid well and had benefits. The manager was fair and the work was relaxes but long hours. I was given a store to manage in my fist month and there were perks to being a manager. This job paid the mortgage and kept food on the table, I'am thankful I had a job at that time but this was not a career job.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Wonderful Co-Workers
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 21, 2017
It was a pleasure to serve our guests and to work with some really wonderful individuals. They can to some extent cater to your schedule needs.They are head and shoulders ahead of any of their competition. Very smart with marketing and service.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
No ten minute breaks, and management frowns greatly on lunch breaks as well. Most days do not afford lunch breaks.
Mom & pop start-up after 22- years in business.
Worker (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJune 8, 2017
Nice place to work at if you don't fall asleep easily, or if you want to make any money. Absolutely no money is put back into the business to bring the stores up to 21st century standards.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
low pay, sparse benefits, slow business, failing business model
Good culture and company
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 6, 2017
Mattress King is a great company to work for and my experience with this company has been pleasant, very professional upper management, and good work environment.
Pros
good pay and training
Cons
hours are long
Great Team
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 8, 2016
Good management teams. Caring Owner of the company. Good benefits. Company is interested in the advancement of the employees. Good family friendly place to work.
Productive and fun environment to work.
driver (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 28, 2016
Mattress King is a great job. It brings you new challenges everyday. It has its ways of putting you in situations where you may not work hard but it make you work smart. It's really no hard part of working here. Best thing thing about mattress King is I travel and get to meet new people everyday and that helps me with customer service with customers
Pros
I get to travel.
Cons
Don't have a set time on. When I get off.
Great place to work!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALMarch 24, 2016
This is an awesome place to work, with great management and a great team to work with a rely on when you have any questions! The pay is good, but if you want to make a lot you need to have a great personality as much of your check will come from commission.
Pros
Management, team
Cons
There are none.
Excellent envirorment for learning and maintain sales skills
Bedding Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 12, 2015
I could work by myself in most stores that I managed , upper management was mostly hands off. Left to do what you do best-sales. Good back-up from mid level management to oversee day to day operation, always able to get assistance if needed. No real room for advancement , mid level managers were in place when I was hired and kept their positions through out the entire 8.5 years I worked there. All my current co-workers are former Mattress King Employees, including the owners of Sleep Nation . Long hours and increasing less opportunities to earn were the only down sides.
Pros
Security, flexable locations
Cons
Long hours, competition from inside and out
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 15, 2015
Miss the old owners. The company is still run as smoothly as it was under the new company name. The supervisors are amazing at problem solving and help with anything you need.
Review
2nd Key Manager (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALJanuary 6, 2015
Sales became rather slow with little advertising help from Corporate, therefore, salary decreasing rapidly
Nice company to work for
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 25, 2014
Nice clean work place the employees were nice as were the managers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
sometimes very heavy lifting
I enjoyed working at Mattress King for a variety of reasons listed below
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 9, 2014
I enjoyed working with and for a variety of different people on a daily basis. Through my experience at Mattress King, I traveled throughout the Front Range of Colorado. That allowed to see many parts of the state that I had not seen before. The Sales people I dealt with everyday were terrific and made the job easy for me and hopefully I made there jobs easier too! The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting I did daily.
Pros
working with good people
Cons
constant heavy lifting
Lack of respect for employees
Sales Person/ Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAAugust 7, 2014
Owner does not work well with others! Total lack of respect for employees. Poor compensation for the hours worked! The only reason I stayed there was I needed the job!
Pros
None!
Cons
Too many!
Great work invironment
Delivery Truck Driver, Sales (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 23, 2014
Relaxed
team oriented
great owner takes care of employees
great staff
General Large Item Sales
Sales Associate/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 26, 2014
Manage/ clean store, handle money/ deposits, sales, solve customer problems, inventory on stock, community ‘outreach’ program

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MATTRESS KING. Our community is ready to answer.