MATTRESS KING Pay & Benefits reviews

DM of Mattress king
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 3, 2018
I worked for Mattress King for over 5 years and decided to go back to school. I ran 13 stores and did payroll and spiffs / bonuses for the employees I managed. I was on commision and wanted something more solid and went and got my bachelors degree and they had to let me go as I could not give them the time they needed.
Pros
Work independent, Spiffs, Pay
Cons
Pay commision
Sales , Sales and Sales
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 29, 2018
only in high volume, high traffic stores will you make enough to pay you light bill ... The pay is very inconsistent all depends on how many mattresses you sell in a two week period.
Pros
lots of down time
Cons
no work life balance.. have to work open to close 80% of the time.
its sell mattresses quit making it so difficult
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 21, 2017
Our pay has been cut 3 times since 2016. We have too many corporate mgr who do not benefit the organization. Kim is punishing employees who don't sell tempurpedic.

You will work every holiday except Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas. They announce extended hours with no notice, so you have to adjust your whole family life. If you are not popular with management, they will find bogus reasons to demote you.

We are now charged fines on delivery issues outside of our control.
Pros
employee purchase program is excellent.
Cons
low pay, cuts to bonus, long hours, no social life, verbal abuse from managers
Great company
Sales Associate/ Mgr (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 19, 2017
I took this job back when the recession hit, the company paid well and had benefits. The manager was fair and the work was relaxes but long hours. I was given a store to manage in my fist month and there were perks to being a manager. This job paid the mortgage and kept food on the table, I'am thankful I had a job at that time but this was not a career job.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Wonderful Co-Workers
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 21, 2017
It was a pleasure to serve our guests and to work with some really wonderful individuals. They can to some extent cater to your schedule needs.They are head and shoulders ahead of any of their competition. Very smart with marketing and service.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
No ten minute breaks, and management frowns greatly on lunch breaks as well. Most days do not afford lunch breaks.
Mom & pop start-up after 22- years in business.
Worker (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJune 8, 2017
Nice place to work at if you don't fall asleep easily, or if you want to make any money. Absolutely no money is put back into the business to bring the stores up to 21st century standards.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
low pay, sparse benefits, slow business, failing business model
Great Team
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 8, 2016
Good management teams. Caring Owner of the company. Good benefits. Company is interested in the advancement of the employees. Good family friendly place to work.
Review
2nd Key Manager (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALJanuary 6, 2015
Sales became rather slow with little advertising help from Corporate, therefore, salary decreasing rapidly
Lack of respect for employees
Sales Person/ Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAAugust 7, 2014
Owner does not work well with others! Total lack of respect for employees. Poor compensation for the hours worked! The only reason I stayed there was I needed the job!
Pros
None!
Cons
Too many!