MAURERS TEXTILE Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Route sales representative
RSR Driver (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 25, 2018
Maurers textile rental is a family owned business with a strong emphasis on customer service! I couldn’t ask for better managers. Good pay, healthcare, vision, and dental. Paid time off plus paid holidays ! I’ve been here almost 3 years and feel that its enjoyable and very rewarding!
Steady pay and job security
Route Sales Representative/Driver (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 24, 2018
Good pay and benefits. I like working with the customers and making my route grow. Route representatives have a lot of freedom to market to their customers while servicing the route. If you take the initiative to keep your customers happy then management will give you a lot of freedom and extra support to help you grow.
Pros
Good pay. Very few nights or weekends
Cons
Some long work days
Very Loyal
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 22, 2018
Very loyal company, willing to work with employees through anything. Good hours, Gives future employees chance to work even without experience. Also gives chance to connect and meet other people.
Fun job with lots of room for advancement
Employee (Current Employee) –  LansingFebruary 20, 2018
Wonderful company to work for with great coworkers. There is a lot of room for advancement and tons of opportunity to make extra money. Once you learn the route and have a good relationship with your customers it's kind of like you are coming to work every day to visit friends and the work days fly by.
Pros
Great people and fast days without someone over your shoulder all day
Rewarding
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 11, 2018
If you are able to stay focused, work independently and aren't afraid of a little hard work then this place is for you! Maurer's values Communication, Humility and Trust. They give you the autonomy to make decisions and trust that will make them based on what is best for the Customer and the company. They have awesome bonus programs, contests and promotions through out the year that gives you an opportunity to make quite a bit of extra money!

Once you're here for a while and build a relationship with the customers it doesnt even really feel like work. It feels like you are just driving around visiting your friends. I enjoy not having a boss breathing down my neck all day! I also enjoy being out and about and not being stuck behind four walls all day!

Maurer's is a growing
Don’t do it!!
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 24, 2018
Worst place I’ve ever worked!Pay sucks Long hours! No help when needed,Customers treat you like poo! Load and unload your truck! Product is never right!!!!
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, Pay sucks
Productive work place stable hours
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 30, 2017
Hours are stable, easy work and nice management. Work load could vary but all positions are very easy to do and learn, management was nice for the most part. Little to no chance of advancing or making more money.
Amazing Place to Work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 16, 2017
Maurer’s has excellent management that is involved in day to day operations. They care about all of their employees and treat them with the upmost respect!! They believe in Work/life balance and they offer excellent employee benefits!!

I have spent 7 1/2 years with Maurer’s and I’ve had the opportunity to work in multiple departments to learn all aspects of the business which has allowed me to grow and evolve as an employee!

Great place to work if you are looking for a great career!
Pros
Excellent Management, Benefits, Friendly Staff
Overworked, low pay, avoid at all costs.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 9, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. If you're employed as a driver expect to be regularly working 10-12 hour days with no breaks or stops. You also don't get normal overtime, you get paid half of your hourly wage which works out to about $6 because you are "salaried", which is obviously used so they don't have to pay their employees as much. If they switched these jobs to regular hourly employment it might be worth doing because you would actually make a decent amount of money for all of the hours you put in. That is just 1 of the many problems with this company. If you value your sanity or good customer service, do not work here.
Cons
12+ hour days, bad pay
Hate it!!
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 28, 2017
Whatever you do,do not work for the Grand Rapids Location! The company sucks! It's horrible! Better off at a fast food restaurant! Rude and disrespectful staff. Make you drive and stay in a hotel in lansing! Stupid and not worth it!
Pros
Cons
60 plus hours a week! No overtime pay! Base 600 a week no mayyer how many hoirs you work
Wouldn't recommend to anyone
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 9, 2017
Company doesn't value its employees at all, No room for advancement, and also no one takes responsibility for anything. Branch manager at this location is one of the worst people I've ever had to work for I'm my life. You're Lucky if you ever even meet the owners.
Pros
Free food on occasion, paid vacation, weekend off
Cons
Dread going to work everyday
Worst job I have ever had.
RSR Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 5, 2017
There is no structure to this company at all the turnover rate is unbelievable, there's a new manager every few months, the owners of the company are to expansion hungry making for continuously growing routes with not enough people to cover the businesses without making for a 50 to 65 hour week..

And then after you are moved to Route pay overtime is only half-time.
Pros
Cons
They do not care about there customers and they do not care about their employees.
Large opportunity for growth, hard work is rewarded
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 28, 2016
Hard work is recognized at Maurer's and there is ample opportunity to progress within the company if you are willing to engage with your role and take it to the next level.

During my time at Maurer's, I was able to work in multiple business areas and learned a lot about the industry and the structure of the company. I was given challenging projects and had a lot of autonomy with the overall process and design, which taught me so much about the importance of clear communication, time management and paying attention to detail. I received a lot of support and guidance from company leaders, which helped me gain confidence and ultimately prepared me to take on more responsibility in a different marketing position.

Overall, anyone who is hard working and goal driven will excel at Maurer's.
Productive and challenging work environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 2, 2016
Working a Maurer's is interesting and challenging which I love. Anyone who has the desire to do a good job and is willing put in the time, will be recognized by management. I've witnessed owners working on weekends and holidays!

This company values each and every customer and they go out of their way to make doing business with them enjoyable. Maurer's is a first class organization.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
Challenging
Communication
Administration (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 31, 2016
Communication is the key to success.

MAURER'S strives to help individuals grow.

I see great things happening and great people making it happen each and every day.
Pros
Every one listens to new ideas.
Cons
Implementing new ideas can be challenging.
most miserable place I've ever worked
lead worker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 24, 2016
The owners sister ruins the whole job experience add she micro manages everything and makes confusion on who's really in charge and it's one of the rudest most obnoxious people I've ever had the displeasure of meeting, there's no room for advancement and the pay sucks as well as very disorganized management . The turn over rate is ridiculous when the owners sister decides to come out on the floor and get rid of people she sees as unworthy to work for the company do there is no job security .
Pros
Cons
poor management no loyalty to employees
Great Place for Future Advancement
Route Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  lansing ,miAugust 7, 2015
Each day you get to visit your customers and take care of there needs by delivering them products that help there business operate.The products and the equipment that is provided by Maurer's is first class.

My manager is great he helps me achieve my goals.

The owners are in the plant and around all day to make sure issues are fixed fast.

I look forward to advancing to a management role soon...
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Fast Paced
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lansing,MIMay 26, 2015
The environment is always fast paced and allows for input to change things for the better. Customers are the top priority!
Pros
flexible work schedule.
Cons
Growing company so things are always changing.
Awful VP and management.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 12, 2015
Management treats employees like endentured servants. If you have plans at all, they could care less. Managers like to shove their job onto employees with threat of written warnings for job abandonment if they do not comply. The "overtime" is a bit of a joke. The company expects the drivers to work in excess of 60 hours a week, which causes their supposed "overtime" to be less than minimum wage. I did like the other drivers and the factory workers, but very little else.
Pros
Meeting interesting customers.
Cons
The company itself.
Great place to work progressive company.
Production lead worker (Former Employee) –  Lansing,MIApril 28, 2015
Great place to work the owners are hands on and open to change..
Very progressive company always open to improvement management and owners are hard working. Co-workers are all easy to be around very stable and clean work place.
Pros
Always growing
Cons
Always being challenged to improve