Maurices Employee Reviews

Found 1,169 reviews matching the search See all 1,206 reviews
We're not just employees, we're stylists.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMarch 21, 2019
Having come from a pretty gnarly work situation, I can honestly say that Maurices as a whole runs their company very well. There is so much communication on a regional and district level. I love that all of our midwest stores work together to help each store. Being able to use my talents with fashion and styling every single day is a true blessing. We don't just sell, we style. The people I've met in this job are irreplaceable. The last year has been pretty amazing!
Pros
employee discount, great mission
Cons
lack of a return policy
Great company, Arkansas stores are a poor representation of the company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARMarch 20, 2019
I really enjoyed working for the company but all of the management was very poor in Arkansas. Show favoritism, pick and choose what things the company requires to implement in the stores. Take credit for all good things that the staff does. Just not a good experience in these stores.
Pros
Discount, good online resources
Cons
Hours, poor store management
Fun meeting new people. Met some really great ladies. Had some mean and nasty customers also.
First assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, INMarch 20, 2019
Company and management not clear on expectations. Very demanding and competitive. High stress level. They want you to be pushy to upsell clothing and credit card accounts.
Pros
Paid time off, employee discount
Cons
Manager would not allow you to take your paid break, Did not want stylist communicating with each other.
great place to work
STYLIST/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOMarch 20, 2019
busy schedule so day flies by. great staff and managers. 40% discount on merchandise. discounts at other ASCENA retail stores. never been ignored when asked for a bathroom break. managers remember your breaks even if you do not.

work can be difficult for people with chronic health issues or are out of shape. your private schedule will not always be taken into consideration when managers schedule.
Pros
kind managers and staff
Cons
as is usual with retail, your private schedule is not always taken into consideration.
Maurices is a very rewarding experience
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCMarch 18, 2019
Working at Maurices has been an eye-opening experience. I have been a customer since I was little, but there is a whole different side of the entire business that I would have never guessed.
Pros
Hour flexibility, fun working environment, great customers
Cons
Long hours, short breaks
Decent work environment for teenagers starting out!
Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  McLoud, OKMarch 18, 2019
Maurices wasn’t a terrible place to work, but also not per say the best! The pay was decent, but not exceptional. Depending on which location you work at, the people and work experience will vary
Terrible Management
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  angola, inMarch 15, 2019
I worked for Maurices for a short time. I did not receive proper training and was treated unfairly the entire time I worked there, and thus left the company. The store itself was a nice place to work and the customers where extremely nice. The only issues were management, lack of training, and lack of accountability. I felt like I could not do anything right, due to lack of training. I was given attitude by management for being over eager to learn and for wanting to receive more training. I liked the company and there could have been potential for advancement if training was given. I was not even able to report any issues to the district manager because her information was withheld from me, until after I had left my position.
Pros
discount on clothing, some flexibility with scheduling
Cons
Poor management, lack of training, poor work ethics, unmotivated workers, attitude
It was decent
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNMarch 14, 2019
Working at Maurices is just like working for any other retail company, the only difference is the pay is very low compared to other places I have worked.
Fun and entergetic workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sturbridge, MAMarch 12, 2019
An entergetic and enjoyable company to work for. The company gives you the feedback and results to succeed in and out of the workplace. The environment is a exceptional place to feel welcomed and stress free.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
On your feet constantly
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMarch 11, 2019
great work environment, great co-workers, great place to work you are wanting to work up and build a career, great place to work if you are looking into marketing
decent place to work
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYMarch 7, 2019
When I first started at maurices it was AMAZING. I loved my job and the people I worked with. It stayed that way for a while and then things started to go downward. You could tell there was trouble hire up in the company and it was effecting everyone. The manager at maurices became very shady and honestly was just lazy. She spent more time in the back room then she did anywhere else. The only time she would work the floor was if someone texted her to help shop one on one. The story wasn’t meeting numbers so a key holder position was taken away. (this is where it gets shady) However, she had been previously training two of the stylist to move up as key holders, only one of them. She kept going from each girl and would talk down on the other and say the promotion was theirs. Then it came to light that the promotion was no longer an option and instead of just coming clean, the manager turned the two girls against each other. It created a really horrible working environment that no one wanted to be in. It was toxic and spread to each member of the team. Going to work became miserable. I hope things have changed because it used to be great.
Pros
discount
Cons
the manager
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 4, 2019
Loved my coworkers while i worked there! The atmosphere was atmosphere was always upbeat! Loved my shoppers and loved reorganizing the sales floor also!
Great place to work!
Manager, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 4, 2019
Maurices was always a positive and upbeat place to work. For the most part the employees were happy to come to work and enjoyed their jobs. I always enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great discounts, nice people
Cons
The hours
Probably a great company-- just had a terrible management team
Associate (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 1, 2019
Let me preface this: the company is probably fantastic and wonderful but I honestly would never know because I didn't bother sticking around this trash fire of a job.

Off the bat: I was bullied for my size, my outfits and my disabilities.

I was denied work hours despite having the availability and the willingness to work, i was bullied by my managers for being plus sized (ironic considering the clientele for the store.) and one of my managers was a klepto that forced me to stay quiet!

Absolutely awful. I hated every second of it!
Pros
okay pay for the area, discount on all clothes including sale items
Cons
terrible managers, hostile work environment, no hours, no benefits, no support system
Great environment to create an amazing connection with customer
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYFebruary 28, 2019
Hands down one of the most rewarding jobs I've ever had. I would have never known what kind of a connection you could make with someone with clothes. It is such a self esteem boost when you feel good and confident in your clothes. I have had so many memorable encounters helping the guest get out of their comfy zone and in clothes that fit . when they say " my husband has never seen me in this size" to simple tears of joy because they see themselves.
Pros
Guests, clothing, company in general
Cons
Training in store, chance of advancement in store
Work close with customers
Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYFebruary 18, 2019
Very intimate customer service experience with customers. Able to try on their clothing to better serve customers with knowledge of different styles. Promoted constant learning opportunities.
Overall, a good place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 16, 2019
I think working here has helped me learn a lot in terms of selling, having a customer first mindset, and gaining confidence in my skills. There is opportunity for advancement, but you have to definitely work for it.
Fun to work
seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 14, 2019
I worked during the holidays and it was a very enjoyable place to work. I made decent money, and the job was fun to help customers put together outfits.
Super fun atmosphere
Part-Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHFebruary 13, 2019
I absolutely loved working for this store! Motivational Managers.. Great perks! The atmosphere was always fun! Plenty of room to grow with the company if you're hardworking and dedicated.
Pros
Great company, great discounts, motivational team players
Cons
Always had to have weekly closing shifts
Maurices Department store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 13, 2019
I was given a management position that taught me new tools in managing. The higher management team (store manager) was not a very good example. Luckily there were other store managers in the surrounding areas to help with training etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maurices. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight