Maurices Employee Reviews

Found 1,075 reviews matching the search See all 1,107 reviews
Fun place to work
Sales Associate - Part-time (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOOctober 12, 2018
This was just a part-time job for me to get a little extra money so I only worked nights and weekends. I really did enjoy it. Management was great and I loved working with customers.
Pros
Customers, co-workers
Productive Place to work for and very laid back environment
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAOctober 10, 2018
A typical day at Maurice's is busy but very fun. We had to pick, pack, and ship out orders for different companies (example: Walmart & Amazon) it was very interest place to work for. I enjoyed working there!
Pros
Free Lunch, a laid back dressed code, cool people to work with.
Cons
sometimes disorganized
Keeps you busy
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAOctober 9, 2018
The company as a whole is fantastic, I can't say enough about it!! It's the best job I have had and can say will always rank in my top three. We have many opportunities to be recognized for our work as a team or individually ! The company really listen to you and our customers and finds an amazing balance to keep both sides energized and excited for the next thing.
Pros
Supportive fun creative environment
Cons
Only full time gets pto
Fun workplace, amazing customers, good pay.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 9, 2018
Goof job, good company. Love the customers and it is a great place to learn amazing customer service. I enjoyed the fact that customer service was the biggest concern
Great company
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INOctober 9, 2018
Great company, cons: many expectations for employees, but, fun atmosphere, great opportunity for advancement, lots of training, flexible scheduling, great clientel
Pros
Discounts
Cons
low mgr pay
Love this job!
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MOOctober 5, 2018
Love being an employee at Maurice’s. My managers are amazing and i love my coworkers! As someone who has always loved clothes and fashion, this job is right up my alley and has taught me so much. AND as an introverted quiet person this job has brought me out if my shell and I really love helping customers find what they need and just connecting with them. Such a fun job and the employee discount (40%) is amazing. My only complain is that I don’t always like coming in for 4hr shifts and would prefer 6-8hr shifts, but it’s not a huge deal in my book.
Pros
Amazing discount
Cons
Short shifts
Fantastic
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILOctober 5, 2018
Great company to work for. Coworkers are there to help you and be a team. Great atmosphere, cute clothes, customer service is priority. Flexible days and hours.
Pros
time management, energy, fun
Cons
don't have any
loved working here!
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXOctober 5, 2018
this was by far my favorite place to work! the environment was so fun and upbeat the management was great and felt like a family. if you love fashion and working with people this is the place for you.
Workplace culture
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNOctober 4, 2018
maurices works hard to have a welcoming, fun, enjoyable workplace culture. One that encourages collaboration between departments and offers times for associates from all areas to come together to socialize.
The manager above me
Manager (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALOctober 3, 2018
The new store manager was hired and no one liked her at all. She had no idea what she was doing and was a terrible fit for the store due to her being very hard to work with.
People person
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 2, 2018
Must be a people person and comfortable with getting up close and personal with strangers. Must also be comfortable with getting outside your comfort zone to reach daily sales goals.
Positive and enjoyable work environment
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Colby, KSOctober 1, 2018
Working at Maurices is nothing short of enjoyable. The upbeat atmosphere, positive attitude of coworkers, and the common goal of pleasing customers makes it a wonderful place to work.
Discount on clothing
RETAIL STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 28, 2018
Go in review what was happening for the day. Teach customer service. Management was always there to help. Culture was fun. Hardest part of the job was working weekends.
Pros
Goals
Cons
weekends
fun workplace and easy hours
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILSeptember 24, 2018
i enjoyed working there and i would recommend t to anyone who doesn’t want to work as much but i needed more hours and more money to live if of but it was a very nice and fun workplace with a very flexible schedule.
Great company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 21, 2018
Maurices of the company was inspiring to work for and the culture permeated all aspects. However with tough retail climates, you could really feel the stress from upper management about pushing cells making numbers and cutting cost. The last minute marketing installations home office would make we're stressful to execute cutting into work-life balance.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
If district is missing comp, it was very stressful
Motivating and enhancing customer focused environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, ILSeptember 18, 2018
Team involvement and passion for customers is what makes Maurices special than any other employer that I have had. Maurices considers customer and employee satisfaction in each and every advancement. Competitive pay, discount and benefits.
Pros
Team support, customer experience
Cons
Inconsistent schedule
Could be better
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARSeptember 18, 2018
Depends on the Store manager. My store was basically run by a kid who put personal matters over anything else. The company itself is awesome. I think with more mature bosses I would like it a lot
This company...
1st Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INSeptember 18, 2018
This is an amazing company to work for. my reason for leaving is personal and if given the opportunity i would reapply in a heartbeat. I defininetly suggest this company
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NC 27534September 18, 2018
A fun place to work while having first access to cute and fresh styles. You get to also help customers express themselves through all the fun fashions that Maurices has to offer.
Pros
You get to be yourself
Amazing company
Stylist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTSeptember 16, 2018
This company hires amazing employees and handles work both professionally and fun. The store leaders learn about you and your interests and makes you feel welcomed as soon as you step foot in the store. Great group of people no matter what Maurices you head into.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maurices. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight