Maurices Employee Reviews

fun and rewording work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 14, 2018
hard work really pays off, good work does not go unnoticed. a typical day involves being customer focused and constant incentives to sell, team work really does make the ream work at maurices.
The team works together well to best help customers.
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Columbia City, INAugust 14, 2018
I loved being able to help customers feel and look great. There was never a time where there was nothing to do. Styling outfits for customers was always a fun time.
Pros
good discount
Lovely place to work!
Assistant Womenswear Designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2018
Maurices is a unique fashion brand to work for. Everyone is very kind. The environment is a happy one, and it is hard to find such a thing in the fashion industry.
Pros
Free coffee, great enviornment, able to work remotely, travel
Cons
salary freeze
Was fun and friendly. I always looked forward to going to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAAugust 10, 2018
A typical day at Maurice's includes team meetings, a optional 15 minute break, and time to try out the products for your self when no one was in the store.
Pros
Friendly staff and positive motivation
Cons
Always on your feet
My happy place
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Andalusia, ALAugust 9, 2018
I LOVED working at Maurices. It really helped that my co-workers/management team was AMAZING. Maurices was my first job & I wish I could have kept it forever.
Pros
40% discount
Great and beneficial work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 9, 2018
Maurices was an amazing place to work at. We kept it upbeat and fun not only for the workers but for the customers too. The meetings were focused on ways to improve working but were kept fun and interesting too.
Pros
Discounted items and great staff
Cons
No cons
Fun family like enviorment
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 8, 2018
Maurices is a great company to work for if you love fashion.
Being resilient and able to work under stressful circumstances is very important.
The associate discount is a big bonus.
Pros
Associate discount at maurices and other ascena companies.
A great place to work if you're actually willing to work
FIRST ASISSANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 8, 2018
This isn't the place for people that don't want to actually do their jobs. But if you're driven and actually want to spend time to do the work properly, it's incredibly rewarding and fun. It's not 100% amazing 100% of the time, but you're given the opportunity to take control of your career. The reason I left was because they restructured their upper management, leaving fewer positions company wide. The potential to advance was just so far off that I thought it was time for me to move on.
fun place to work
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCAugust 7, 2018
a typical day at work it was very busy, I learned a lot about different brands of clothing, management was very laid back, the hardest part of the job was stocking freight, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting customers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Fun, helping atmosphere
Sales Associate/Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MIAugust 7, 2018
I felt wonderful everytime I went to work at Maurices. Being able to help women feel great about themselves and choose their outfits always made my heart happy. Women empowering women is an added benefit to the job!
Pros
Fun, energetic, caring atmosphere
Cons
Differing schedule

Want to know more about Maurices?

Ask a question
great job to receive experience
Stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 3, 2018
I would say this job gave me great experience with costumer service and I am thankful for that but I would not recommend working here. I enjoyed the opportunity for a somewhat flexible schedule but management needs help (needs better communication skills)
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIAugust 2, 2018
I loved working here, it was a great place to work and meet new people, if your a women who loves clothing it’s a place for you as there is new styles coming out all the time the discount you get is great!
Pros
Good discount!
Cons
Not the greatest job security
productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJuly 31, 2018
A typical day includes working as a team and letting each other know what's going on around the store. To help the person better find what they are looking for.
It's a great place to work to gain experience.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJuly 29, 2018
Maurices is a great place to work. They have amazing management training resources but very little time to access them. It's fun and fast paced but the work load can become overwhelming if your team isn't on the same page.
Pros
Awesome discount and fun goal achievement contests.
Cons
Stressful, heavy workload.
Great opprotunities
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, ORJuly 26, 2018
Maurices allows a lot of advancement within. The incentives are great and really help motivate the team. However, unless you're looking for advancing yourself in the company it's just another retail job that's vision is to drive business. The credit card is a big one for Maurices. It's nice that they now allow the 10% for customers who use the card, but I don't want to have to sell it to them. I feel Maurices has too many goals that they want us to achieve at one time. I hate sitting down for meetings because it highlights all these things and it can be overwhelming at times. I've also had a bad experience with another employee while working at another store, and nothing was done about it. Nobody stood up for me and I was really surprised that there were no repercussions for said employee.
I spend 90% of my time at work and I really don't believe I get enough out of it. My team is amazing and so are the perks, but like I said, it's just another retail job.
Pros
Work benefits, incentives, team bonding
Cons
Credit card, too many goals expected to meet
Drama, no career advancement, and high prices
Stylist (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 25, 2018
Although the company offers a great training and development program, it is not encouraged by upper management, so it often takes months to complete something that should be quickly learned.The atmosphere among the employees is one of jealousy and mistrust and many of the managers talk poorly about other employees to their subordinates. The hours are minimal, although you can typically expect to work more than your schedule, due to last minute scheduling errors, excessive call-outs and various other reasons that make it impossible to schedule anything outside of work. Truly the only good thing about Maurices is the discount, but since the prices are really high for sub-par quality there's really no benefit.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Drama, high prices, low hours, non-competitive wages.
job sucked glad they closed down
PICKER/PACKER - ASSISTANT LEAD (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 25, 2018
this had too be one of the worse jobs i could have ever worked for the only thing i missed are the ppl ki worked with and my managers i do not miss the job at all
Pros
40 hours
Cons
didnt want to pay what you where worth
Amazing place to work with a great team
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pratt, KSJuly 25, 2018
Maurices is an amazing place to work with great opportunities for career advancement. The team I'm currently with is great and the management is very good at helping you get to where you want to be within the company.
fast paced
Order Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 23, 2018
a picker/packer. face paced environment which you most reach your goal at any cost... management was hard core and relentless. all that matters to this company is goals.
Fun place to work, great atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 23, 2018
I loved the atmosphere and all the promotions for employees. The company had contests and the management was always mentoring and offering guidance for promotion.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Nights, Weekends, and Holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maurices. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight