Maverick Trading Employee Reviews

I belive there are not honest with their cost structure and over value their offered training.
Trader (Former Employee) –  localMarch 30, 2019
I believe they are not upfront about their cost and overvalue the training they provided. To get started it will cost 5000 for trading and then another 5000 started capital. you can only lose your own capital but have to give up 30 % of all winning, There is also a 200 monthly cost.
Very rewarding and fun place to work
Options and Forex Trader (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 13, 2018
This is a work from home, w-2 type of job. If you have interest in trading, it is a very well structured and accomplished firm. The training program is outstanding and very well equips you to be a self sufficient trader.
The best investment I have made for myself
Proprietary firm trader (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 29, 2018
Great Place to be a prop firm trade. Great teachers with tons of knowledge that you learn from. all it takes is dedication. if you have the desire to succeed there is no limit to what you can do.
Pros
great training and on continuously on going training
Cons
the monthly fee but I guess it pays for the on going classes
Perfect job for a stay-at-home mom
Trader (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake CitySeptember 20, 2017
I am a mother of 3 kids, and I'm home during the day with them. I've always been interested in the markets, and I was so excited when I came across Maverick, because it gave me the ability to really learn a lot about trading and risk management from the comfort of my own home. The team at Maverick is fantastic! They are always available to answer questions or have a coaching session if I need one. Someday, when my kids are older, I plan to trade full-time, but until then, it's great to be able to make a nice supplementary income from home. It's been a great experience, so far.
Pros
Flexibility, learning from successful traders, great support
Cons
It's not the kind of place where you get medical benefits or retirement accounts, because everyone is a 1099 independent contractor, but I'm totally fine with that.
Love running my own book
Option Trader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2016
After about 10 years in the industry (5 at Morgan Stanley and 5 at Jane Street) I finally decided to go out on my own. However, I know myself and know I needed structure and I also didn't have enough capital to make it as a trader on my own. I looked at a few other prop firms and they were all equity only shops until I came across Maverick Trading. Was very happy when I found I could basically trade all products on all markets as long as I kept my risk profile low. I like to trade across various markets and they were the only ones that allowed me.
Pros
Make my own hours and pay. Support of the firm
Cons
no cons if you know what you are doing. I can see the fees being a bit high if you can't make money
Trading from anywhere
Trader (Current Employee) –  Home, KSJanuary 8, 2016
I've been in the financial industry for a while in banking and as a financial analyst. I've been around the world of trading and investing, had a 401k and trading accounts that I played around with but I always wanted to get serious about trading for an actual profession. One of my college buddies has been with Maverick for a few years now and I found out about them when we met up when he was in town. Went through the interview process of about 1 week and started in the program which was excellent. Been trading live for over a year now and couldn't be happier
Pros
Freedom of time, profit potential
Cons
Overall an excellent and very supportive company
Options Trader (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTSeptember 10, 2015
A typical day involves following the broad markets, sectors and selecting individual equities to trade
All individuals I have been associated with have been extremely helpful
Management is always respectful and supportive
Pros
The training and the support provided by Managment
Cons
The fact that you work from home alone
Great Training
Options Trader (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2015
I've been with Maverick for 9 months. The training is great. I'm in the process of moving into the profit sharing program.
Maverick
Trading Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 1, 2014
At Maverick I was trained in the used of derivative spreads in trading. I would use a multitude of different spreads to create profitable positions. I enjoyed the high speed and intense environment that came with trading.
Trading remotely
Professional Options Trader (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 11, 2012
Proprietary trading of options, swing trading. Learning option combinations. Management is fantastic. The most enjoyable part of the job is making your own investment decisions.