Maverick Trading

Working at Maverick Trading: 23 Reviews

United States23 reviews

tradetrainingmaverickmarketmoneyjobtraderfee

Good learning experience

Very comprehensive training program. Helpful and knowledgeable mentors. Weekly Updates and trading room activities. New trade ideas and regular market updates.

Scam. It's really that simple.

Scam. It's really that simple. Stay away. Money is not easily accessible and they'll burn countless people hungry for money. A legitimate Forex business would actually simply train you, teach you to earn money doing simple trades, and shave a commission off. The catch-22 even with the legitimate Forex entry level jobs that train you is that they're going to be inevitably short-term in nature and your profitability long-term is ultimately being able to aggregate a small supply of capital to fund your own proprietary Forex investing activities.

Pros

Cons

Most will lose. It's a Ponzi scheme.

Maverick Trading insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Stereotypical aggressive sociopaths who have the mentality to look for vulnerable people.

It seems to be following the same pyramid scam mentality that pops up everywhere there is a massive amount of money required to complete the interview process.the people that try to recruit you, are very unprofessional. And what comes to people not being narcissistic on the inside of the company, there are far too many.basically, what they're looking for are people who are not your everyday typical traders who might have this money drive. I happen to be one of those people who is very modest and have complete control over my emotions. This is one of the biggest things that they preached when you're going into the company and learning through it, which they claim is important to have since that makes you a safe trader. It is definitely true that healthily managing your mind, when it comes to everyday things is important. Especially if you are in the investment world. The reason why people lose money to begin with is because of impulse trading.But here's the catch, they want people who basically don't know what they're doing, so that they know that there's a better chance of the new recruits minds being completely open. And when I say open I mean open to manipulation that may or may not be on the surface.some people cannot trade properly if there is a narcissist hanging over their shoulder always. specifically trying to make the mess up because the narcissist on past negative experiences are being allowed to influence their perception and morals.*If you buy a horse to pull a cart, don't abuse the horse so that it dies early. You waste money that way*

Pros

If you can handle the narcissistic BS, you could make some money.

Cons

The interview process, which states everything that you're signing up for, has a bunch of holes.

The job is interesting but its not for everyone

The job is interesting but its not for everyone. Training is really difficult and you won't be able to take everything in once you get on the floor like they expect you to. Once you're done with training, you have to start working in your quota which is extremely stressful to think about. Most people don't last a month or two in the company.

Scamming people

It's hard to work for a place that go against your values. I'm leaving this place soon because they are scamming people. I know for a fact that they overcharge fees and they do things which are unethical just to get more clients. I can't stomach these things that's why I'm actively seeking for a better job now - one where my values won't be compromised.

Great company to trade with

Maverick is a great company to trade with if you love to trade. The training and education are exceptional, and they are very helpful if you ever have any questions.

Best Prop firm out there

There’s not many firms left from the prop heydays of early 2000’s. The fact they are still around and have navigated all the changes in the markets and regulation is impressive

Filled with scammers. Stay away.

The payment and transaction schemes here are terrible. The company gets a certain percentage of cut that is unfair, while you are forced to reach unreasonable levels of quota. Management here is filled with scammers. Instead of guiding the employees, the managers are the ones who lead scams and manipulate the employees so they can maximize their own profits. This company is filled with scammers. Stay away.

Focus on profitability on owner, not on commissions.

Your capital contribution moves from your pocket to theirs through the fees. Most traders quit after losing all of their deposited funds. You will wake up one morning to trade and see your account is missing large amounts of money and when you try to find out what the problem is, they will play dumb. You would be better off going elsewhere.

Unless you are a trade expert, you would want to quit soon too.

Pros: You get to know new things about trading. Cons: The money they charge in the name of the fee is quite high. In a few months, I realized that doing a job is better than joining these people, so I quit. Unless you are a trade expert, you would want to quit soon too.

Everyone is an Opportunist

Pros: You'll learn a lot about trading, and making money. Cons: Everyone here is an opportunist. You can't trust anyone as everyone is only thinking about their quota, making money, and pleasing their team manager. Competition and pirating clients are so intense even from your own teammate.

I belive there are not honest with their cost structure and over value their offered training.

I believe they are not upfront about their cost and overvalue the training they provided. To get started it will cost 5000 for trading and then another 5000 started capital. you can only lose your own capital but have to give up 30 % of all winning, There is also a 200 monthly cost.

Good Company For Good Traders

Trading is not for everybody. But for those willing to learn the market Maverick is a great company. They give you the freedom to develop your own trading plan they provide the education and mentorship needed to develop good traders. There will be some costs requires on the traders responsibility like desk fees risk capital but that seems to be the case with alot of firms. You need to have some skin in the game to make sure you don't just lose money trading.

Pros

exponential growth is possible, Good rewards for hitting targets

Cons

desk fees are high for beginners

Very rewarding and fun place to work

This is a work from home, w-2 type of job. If you have interest in trading, it is a very well structured and accomplished firm. The training program is outstanding and very well equips you to be a self sufficient trader.

The best investment I have made for myself

Great Place to be a prop firm trade. Great teachers with tons of knowledge that you learn from. all it takes is dedication. if you have the desire to succeed there is no limit to what you can do.

Pros

great training and on continuously on going training

Cons

the monthly fee but I guess it pays for the on going classes

Good place to learn and invest your money

Excellent staff and gets you prepared for investing in the financial markets. Staff is always willing to help and get you on the right path.Must be dedicated and hardworking.

Perfect job for a stay-at-home mom

I am a mother of 3 kids, and I'm home during the day with them. I've always been interested in the markets, and I was so excited when I came across Maverick, because it gave me the ability to really learn a lot about trading and risk management from the comfort of my own home. The team at Maverick is fantastic! They are always available to answer questions or have a coaching session if I need one. Someday, when my kids are older, I plan to trade full-time, but until then, it's great to be able to make a nice supplementary income from home. It's been a great experience, so far.

Pros

Flexibility, learning from successful traders, great support

Cons

It's not the kind of place where you get medical benefits or retirement accounts, because everyone is a 1099 independent contractor, but I'm totally fine with that.

Love running my own book

After about 10 years in the industry (5 at Morgan Stanley and 5 at Jane Street) I finally decided to go out on my own. However, I know myself and know I needed structure and I also didn't have enough capital to make it as a trader on my own. I looked at a few other prop firms and they were all equity only shops until I came across Maverick Trading. Was very happy when I found I could basically trade all products on all markets as long as I kept my risk profile low. I like to trade across various markets and they were the only ones that allowed me.

Pros

Make my own hours and pay. Support of the firm

Cons

no cons if you know what you are doing. I can see the fees being a bit high if you can't make money

Trading from anywhere

I've been in the financial industry for a while in banking and as a financial analyst. I've been around the world of trading and investing, had a 401k and trading accounts that I played around with but I always wanted to get serious about trading for an actual profession. One of my college buddies has been with Maverick for a few years now and I found out about them when we met up when he was in town. Went through the interview process of about 1 week and started in the program which was excellent. Been trading live for over a year now and couldn't be happier

Pros

Freedom of time, profit potential

Cons

Overall an excellent and very supportive company

A typical day involves following the broad markets, sectors and selecting individual equities to trade All individuals I have been associated with have been extremely helpful Management is always respectful and supportive

Pros

The training and the support provided by Managment

Cons

The fact that you work from home alone

Great Training

I've been with Maverick for 9 months. The training is great. I'm in the process of moving into the profit sharing program.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maverick Trading. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits