Maverick Trading

Maverick Trading Employee Reviews

United States21 reviews
Very comprehensive training program. Helpful and knowledgeable mentors. Weekly Updates and trading room activities. New trade ideas and regular market updates.
The job is interesting but its not for everyone. Training is really difficult and you won't be able to take everything in once you get on the floor like they expect you to. Once you're done with training, you have to start working in your quota which is extremely stressful to think about. Most people don't last a month or two in the company.
It's hard to work for a place that go against your values. I'm leaving this place soon because they are scamming people. I know for a fact that they overcharge fees and they do things which are unethical just to get more clients. I can't stomach these things that's why I'm actively seeking for a better job now - one where my values won't be compromised.
Maverick is a great company to trade with if you love to trade. The training and education are exceptional, and they are very helpful if you ever have any questions.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
There’s not many firms left from the prop heydays of early 2000’s. The fact they are still around and have navigated all the changes in the markets and regulation is impressive
The payment and transaction schemes here are terrible. The company gets a certain percentage of cut that is unfair, while you are forced to reach unreasonable levels of quota. Management here is filled with scammers. Instead of guiding the employees, the managers are the ones who lead scams and manipulate the employees so they can maximize their own profits. This company is filled with scammers. Stay away.
Your capital contribution moves from your pocket to theirs through the fees. Most traders quit after losing all of their deposited funds. You will wake up one morning to trade and see your account is missing large amounts of money and when you try to find out what the problem is, they will play dumb. You would be better off going elsewhere.
Pros: You get to know new things about trading.
Cons: The money they charge in the name of the fee is quite high. In a few months, I realized that doing a job is better than joining these people, so I quit. Unless you are a trade expert, you would want to quit soon too.
Pros: You'll learn a lot about trading, and making money.

Cons: Everyone here is an opportunist. You can't trust anyone as everyone is only thinking about their quota, making money, and pleasing their team manager. Competition and pirating clients are so intense even from your own teammate.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Maverick Trading?
I believe they are not upfront about their cost and overvalue the training they provided. To get started it will cost 5000 for trading and then another 5000 started capital. you can only lose your own capital but have to give up 30 % of all winning, There is also a 200 monthly cost.
Trading is not for everybody. But for those willing to learn the market Maverick is a great company. They give you the freedom to develop your own trading plan they provide the education and mentorship needed to develop good traders. There will be some costs requires on the traders responsibility like desk fees risk capital but that seems to be the case with alot of firms. You need to have some skin in the game to make sure you don't just lose money trading.
Pros
exponential growth is possible, Good rewards for hitting targets
Cons
desk fees are high for beginners
This is a work from home, w-2 type of job. If you have interest in trading, it is a very well structured and accomplished firm. The training program is outstanding and very well equips you to be a self sufficient trader.
Great Place to be a prop firm trade. Great teachers with tons of knowledge that you learn from. all it takes is dedication. if you have the desire to succeed there is no limit to what you can do.
Pros
great training and on continuously on going training
Cons
the monthly fee but I guess it pays for the on going classes
Excellent staff and gets you prepared for investing in the financial markets. Staff is always willing to help and get you on the right path.Must be dedicated and hardworking.
I am a mother of 3 kids, and I'm home during the day with them. I've always been interested in the markets, and I was so excited when I came across Maverick, because it gave me the ability to really learn a lot about trading and risk management from the comfort of my own home. The team at Maverick is fantastic! They are always available to answer questions or have a coaching session if I need one. Someday, when my kids are older, I plan to trade full-time, but until then, it's great to be able to make a nice supplementary income from home. It's been a great experience, so far.
Pros
Flexibility, learning from successful traders, great support
Cons
It's not the kind of place where you get medical benefits or retirement accounts, because everyone is a 1099 independent contractor, but I'm totally fine with that.
After about 10 years in the industry (5 at Morgan Stanley and 5 at Jane Street) I finally decided to go out on my own. However, I know myself and know I needed structure and I also didn't have enough capital to make it as a trader on my own. I looked at a few other prop firms and they were all equity only shops until I came across Maverick Trading. Was very happy when I found I could basically trade all products on all markets as long as I kept my risk profile low. I like to trade across various markets and they were the only ones that allowed me.
Pros
Make my own hours and pay. Support of the firm
Cons
no cons if you know what you are doing. I can see the fees being a bit high if you can't make money
I've been in the financial industry for a while in banking and as a financial analyst. I've been around the world of trading and investing, had a 401k and trading accounts that I played around with but I always wanted to get serious about trading for an actual profession. One of my college buddies has been with Maverick for a few years now and I found out about them when we met up when he was in town. Went through the interview process of about 1 week and started in the program which was excellent. Been trading live for over a year now and couldn't be happier
Pros
Freedom of time, profit potential
Cons
A typical day involves following the broad markets, sectors and selecting individual equities to trade
All individuals I have been associated with have been extremely helpful

Management is always respectful and supportive
Pros
The training and the support provided by Managment
Cons
The fact that you work from home alone
I've been with Maverick for 9 months. The training is great. I'm in the process of moving into the profit sharing program.
At Maverick I was trained in the used of derivative spreads in trading. I would use a multitude of different spreads to create profitable positions. I enjoyed the high speed and intense environment that came with trading.
Proprietary trading of options, swing trading. Learning option combinations. Management is fantastic. The most enjoyable part of the job is making your own investment decisions.