Maverick Transportation

Maverick Transportation Reviews with Jobs

United States263 reviews

Maverick Transportation insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Decent company for new cdl graduates.

The training involved before you are on you’re own is very thorough. The trainer I had was great, however the miles aren’t there for me. There are those I talk to who get their miles, but I feel as though I’m getting the short end of the stick.

Good Ole Boy

Maverick is not a company for an outsider. Promoting within management, logistics planning and driver management was often given to the employee with more time at the company instead of the most qualified.

Pros

Good training program

Cons

Lack of talent evaluation

Good place to work.

Good place with good people. Home every weekend unless you like to stay out longer. Greater starter company. You can also obtain cdl at Maverick Academy.

Pros

Good people. Home every weekend.

Cons

I hate tarping sometimes...

January 12, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We hope things are going well for you in your new endeavor!

Good trucking company to start with

This was a great place to work fresh out of CDL school. The orientation is a little bit bit much but I guess they’re trying to weed out some people. I worked there until I bought my own truck. I worked the TX regional and I was home at least twice a week and off on weekends. That’s great fresh of CDL school

Pros

Good pay and good home time

Cons

Orientation is long and a bit strenuous

January 12, 2022
So glad to hear about your experience! Thanks for leaving such a detailed review! We hope things are going well for you! Happy New Year!

Good place to start

Maverick is a good place to start learning to be a truck driver. The company has strong safety guidelines and places a strong emphasis on safety and training. My issue was the very long days and time away from home that became a stressful struggle for me.

Pros

New equipment (trucks)

Cons

Long work days, long periods of time away from home with quick turn around time.

December 21, 2021
We appreciate you leaving this review! We hope your new endeavor is going well and that you have a Merry Christmas!

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

productive and busy environment

its honestly a great company, you can make great money. I ran the midwest region and I got the chance to be home every weekend, I just left because I wanted to drive tankers

November 16, 2021
Great to hear this! We hope you are enjoying your new endeavor!

Great company to drive for. Newer trucks, well maintained.

Great training, you will learn how to secure loads and do it safely.As a driver you have freedom how to run your day as long as you make your pickups and delivery on time.Hardest part of job is the securement and it is a physical job but once your loading is done, you get to drive so it's not like you're doing heavy work constantly and all day long like you might in a factory. Also, varied sleep schedule, like most over the road jobs and being away from home.

Pros

Secure job, get to travel and see a lot of places.

Cons

Like most OTR driving jobs, sleep schedule varies a lot.

November 24, 2021
Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We appreciate you listing these details! Hope you are doing well and we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Very structural and professional place to work.

When I worked from 89 through 96 they were very Professional and one of the best ran operations in the transportation industry! I enjoyed my position because it gave me a chance to do different things daily while knowing exactly what my requirements were and being compensated for them.

November 16, 2021
What a great tenure! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to leave this review. Hope things are going well for you!

It's ok

It's a ok company overall. I hauled glass and was out for 2 weeks or more but I just wasnt getting any miles. And just kept getting the guarantee pay. After taxes and such come out the money doesn't compensate for the home time your missing.

Pros

Nice people, friendly company

Cons

Low miles

November 16, 2021
Hello! Thank you for the detailed review! Have you looked into regional flatbed driving opportunities in your area? They get home most weekends!

Overall good company

Good company to work for and great fleet management. Equipment is well managed and they help with anything they can to get you home when needed.

November 16, 2021
We appreciate this great review! Hope you are having a great week!

Its flatbed work

Prepare to work in all types of weather. The pay is low compared to what you do. Some load are high miles and low pay out ( %work) will swap trailer and equipment with no extra pay.

November 16, 2021
Hi! Thanks for leaving us a review! You are right, weather can be a challenge sometimes. We increased driver pay twice in 2021 along with investing in our safety technology for our drivers' equipment. Are there any questions we can answer for you?

Still learning

I am still new with the company, but from the conversations I have had with other drivers and from my experience so far is if you put in the effort and ask as many questions as you can you will succeed.

November 16, 2021
Thank you so much for this review! We are grateful to have you and agree with your statement! If you put in the effort, you CAN and WILL succeed!

They don’t care about you just them getting paid

Good starter company but that about it, if you are needing training then good place to go to get that, but if you have experience in flatbed already they want you to do it there way or no way.

October 6, 2021
Hello! First of all, THANK YOU for being in the Maverick family! We'd be happy to answer any questions or address your concerns specifically. We are proud to say we are a great starter company and a great lifelong career-building company as a large portion of our fleet has been here for many years. We do have standards in place for the safety of our drivers and the public driving community. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions!

Low miles adequate home time average pay

This company is in a technology frenzy. So much so that driving in and of itself becomes a distraction. This coupled with micro-managing, runs under 500 miles, and spending 13-14 hours to get 9-10 hours of driving in, is an ok paycheck with a lot of huge personal sacrifices and free labor to the company along the way. One should expect these types of issues with all the larger companies. Some of the pluses are paid vacation, matching 401k of up to $1500 ( I believe if you put in $3000 annually it is then a %50 match) they offer health insurance that was pricey and I bought my own elsewhere, very good flatbed training, a very achievable performance pay plan (not to hard to generate an extra $70/week for the quarter). The safety and compliance department are helpful and fair. The equipment is well maintained but slow and very weak on hill climbs. They do a lot of work for big name and fortune 500 company's in steel, lumber, boats and a large glass division and much more. Other than pandemic woes there was never a lack of work. I will say good luck to the new drivers, be very safe, manage your time very carefully and be honest with any and all issues.

Pros

Fair treatment

Cons

A technology frenzy, slow trucks

October 6, 2021
Hello and thanks for the honest review. We do take a lot of pride in placing safety at the top of our priority list and with that, comes incredible technology. This allows for a safer driver and safer families on the road. We choose to invest millions into that technology to improve our highways. Thank you for the accolades as well! We truly hope you are doing great!

Unreasonable recruitment goals

You can’t make a driver work for Maverick so if you don’t get the expected number of drivers hired you get fired. Plus when you’re spending all YOUR time getting OTHER recruiters drivers hired that takes time away from YOU getting YOUR potential drivers getting hired! None of that is considered so regardless of your obvious daily efforts of spinning your wheels it’s not enough there.

September 17, 2021
We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. Here at Maverick, teamwork is one of our foundational principles. Our employees are proud to step in and help one another and that is what makes the Maverick family great. 😊 We wish you well in your future endeavors.

Staff and training

People at the training facility were great. Pay for recent CDL graduates is great, state of the art training facilities. Loaner vehicles at the terminals for drivers to get around town and run errands.

Not the best

Bad pay for amount of work you do. Overworked for the low pay is a big no no thats why I left and wentWith a company willing to pay my worth.it’s a good place to start if you have no experience

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

Benefits expensive, low pay, bad supervision

Good Flatbed Company

Worked there for 2 1/2 years. First trucking job fresh out of cdl school. They supplied greyhound ticket from Atlanta to North Little Rock. Two weeks of training one in the classroom one hands on flatbed. Minimum 21 days with a trainer with no experience. Then solo and you can stay out as long as you want to. Good pay if you've never made over $1000 in a week.

Pros

Good equipment

Cons

Micromanagement from other drivers

September 8, 2021
Thank you for taking time to leave this review! We sincerely hope things are going well for you!

Don’t waste your time

Horrible company, they will let you down. Management is not good at all, recruiting is very unorganized. I don’t want anyone else to get there hopes up.

September 8, 2021
Good morning, we are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. We'd really like to address some specifics listed here. Please feel free to reach out to cheathscott@maverickusa.com. We wish you well in all your endeavors!

Top notch company

Maverick is a fantastic company to work for. Good training, alot of people with many years of transportation experience. Probably the best co I've worked for in my 20 yrs experience in Transportation.

Pros

Great training, great work environment

Cons

Pay could've been a little better I felt

September 8, 2021
We appreciate this great review and are so thankful for you. We will be sure to pass this information along. Have a great day!

Was a good place to work

Better than most trucking companies, all things considered. Nice New trucks. Very understanding fleet managers, load managers a little reckless though

August 4, 2021
We thank you for taking the time to leave this great review! Have you been able to speak with someone about your concerns? Hope you have a great day!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maverick Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight