Maverick Transportation Employee Reviews

great company to work for
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 17, 2018
A typical day starts with untarping and unstrapping the load and being on time for the delivery.

I learned safety is most important in driving and securing loads.

Management was always top of the line, there was not a problem that could not be remedied by one of the divisions of management.

workplace culture was typical trucking, as long as you did your job nobody hassled you.

The hardest part of the job was the physicality of lifting and climbing plus being out in all sorts of weather.

The most enjoyable part of the job was Knowing that I was knowledgeable enough to secure my load and that I was working for a top-notch company with good pay.
Pros
excellent equipment and pay
Cons
hard, dirty work, with short hometime
Sub par trucking company
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 11, 2018
Work long hours under stressful conditions with no acknowledgement or support from management. Huge disconnect from labor and management, no possibility for promotion unless you marry into the clan. This company is spiralling towards destruction with their most talented assets having already bailed, sad to watch.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
Too many to list.
Excellent company
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARNovember 21, 2018
I never had an issue with home time, excellent benefits, and excellent pay, management always there to help when needed, definitely can't go wrong working for this company.
Good company
OTR Flatbed Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 22, 2018
Good equipment, plenty of work, long hours not enough home time for men with families. Management team was easy to work with. I liked working for the company.
Pros
Good, reliable equipment, nice, clean terminals and free truck washes at the terminals.
Cons
Not enough home time.
Bad experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 14, 2019
At first thought was a good company knew people who have worked for them.... But since I got my main dispatcher my miles went down, I sat more lost more money couldn't ever get Ahold of my manager... Than I had to leave cuz mother got real sick and took me 2 weeks to get home and I had to quit just to find out my mother passed away the day before.... And didn't find out till I quit maverick cleaned my truck and my ride picked me up..... Told me what happened.... One of the worse company's so do good.... I just fell in between the cracks of horrible management
Great People, not so Great Company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 17, 2018
I loved the atmosphere of the company while on the North Little Rock campus. Once I got off the main terminal it was another story, I lived closest to the Madison, Il and they just didn't care about anything. I was told I would be home every weekend (Friday night through Monday morning). I understand things happen and don't always workout right but I was there for eight weeks and only got a full weekend home once. Normally it was home Friday night and leaving Sunday morning right as my 34 hour reset was up. I busted my back to make miles but couldn't average more than 1800 miles week, they did give a raise once the ELD mandate went into effect but with low miles it didn't make a difference.
Pros
Executives are nice
Cons
Don't care about your home time
Good company but will not have your back in an accident.
Glass driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 4, 2018
Had an accident back in march of 2017, it was my first I have ever had in my life. it was weather related and no other drivers were involved. Even had camera proof from another driver, but was fired anyway and they dogged me on my DAC. Just another large cut throat company. Before the accident I had no problems with them and delivered every load on time with no issues or arguments with home-time. SO as long as you are perfect no issues will come to you here. Pay was pretty bad too. Would not work here again.
Pros
New equipment auto trans. epu's
Cons
cut throat, long training time.
Productive and fun work place with lots of activities
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARNovember 27, 2018
Maverick is an overall great place to work. It is a friendly laid back atmosphere. The only negative I have and several other employees have had is the benefits package. The 401-K is new and it only matches up to 1500. per year.
Pros
Cons
401K and Insurance benefits are not great
Hard work. Good pay. Good people.
Driver (Current Employee) –  USA and CanadaSeptember 29, 2018
In the flatbed division it is hard work some days and long hours most days. Over the road drivers need to consider the toll it will take on the family as you are away from home. I believe Maverick does all it can for you in this respect, but the nature of the job is a difficult one.
Pros
Good people. Good pay.
Cons
Away from home.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 1, 2019
It seems that management is going down hill...the company is a great company been here 8 years but management of accounts is just getting bad to the point I believe it's time to look else where for a job..
Pros
Dont have to worry about pay
A good place to start
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 14, 2017
Maverick provides an excellent orientation and training process. After riding with a trainer who observe you you’re released with your own truck. My only problem was the person dispatching your loads was not talking to the person who knew what you were doing so there were long delays Between unloading and reloading. I wasted a lot of time and money due to poor time management by the load managers. They were also very inconsistent with your mileage, one week I might get 2600 miles the next week I might get 1800 miles.
Pros
Good trucks outstanding benefits
Cons
Poor time management by the load managers
Otr
Truck driver (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 12, 2018
fun, people net is not the best but it does the job, automatic Freightliners, well organized. Don’t like mandatory two weeks out before you get home time!
Pros
Pay, Well organized, good equipments, good training and quickly get you assigned to a trainer and truck!
Cons
Not the best miles, Forced dispatch, some fleet managers with bad attitude
Road hard put away wet
Driver Flat Bed (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72231December 4, 2018
They could care less about you as a person, they need a body behind the wheel. Do not expect to get home fo nay usable hours.They promise you will get home for weekend then get you there just long enough to get sleep and back out on the road.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
no usable personal time or hours
Very good company if you're into the trucking industry
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 30, 2018
The benefits were poor but overall Maverick is one of the better trucking companies out there.Covering all of the US and Canada the ability to make great pay per mile was always there.Some heavy lifting occurred but their equipment was top of the line and they never left you stranded
Pros
Good pay per mile with lots of miles
Cons
Benefits weren't the best
away from home
Regional Flatbed Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 15, 2018
always way from home , they try their best to get you home on weekends but some times they dont , when they do , your mainly there for 34 hrs somethimes a little more
Great work equipment to work with
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 13, 2019
The automatic trucks were easy to drive, Good training was provided, Fleet Manager Was empathetic, Provided enough pay for cost of living at the time.
Family time
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 25, 2018
If you enjoy being gone 7-10 days away from your little ones growing up then this is the job for you. You get to see things that you may never see again but family will grow in front of your eyes
Pros
Freedom, See some awesme sights
Cons
no family time
Production
FLEET MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ft. Smith, ARMay 23, 2018
Working with people was the best experience to connect with the drivers on a personal level. I miss the fast paced environment, my co-workers, just didn't agree with upper management.
Pros
Busy work environment
Cons
Denied lunches if busy
Awesome company
Area Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 23, 2018
Great company to work for, with an exceptional facility!!! Maverick provides a great working environment with a culture that that makes everyone feels like family!
good
Driver / Securement (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ILMay 12, 2018
Good company with good personal. I think they generally care for their employees. I hope they start running dedicated out of Ottawa,Il. it might be a good fit for me.
Pros
overall good management
Cons
no beravement pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maverick Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.